|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 06:17 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Strategic Analysis of the World Optical and Image Sensors Market
New Applications Project High Growth
This research service discusses the global optical and image sensors market. Under image sensors, CCD and CMOS types have been discussed. Both the optical and image sensors market is forecast to register significant growth due to their use in smart phones, and tablets. Also, product and technology trends, declining prices have enabled both optical and image sensors to find new applications in medical, automotive and industrial. Unit shipment, revenue forecast, end-user forecast (by revenue), geographic forecast, market share analysis, have been discussed for both optical and image sensors. At the total level, product and technology trends, and competitive factors have been discussed.
• Digital imaging is one of the most rapidly evolving areas in electronics. The popularity of social networking, which enables users to instantly share their latest photos, has led to increasing demand for camera functions in mobile phones and for tablets with high image/ video quality. Image sensors form the core of this functionality.
• Image sensors with enhanced sensitivity and dynamic ranges have led to better image quality for consumers. Therefore, the massive growth in demand for camera-enabled mobile phones and tablets across the globe will have a direct bearing on the image sensors market.
• The availability of cost-effective and high-resolution image sensors is driving the demand in these segments.
• While the largest application of the image sensors is in the smartphones and tablets segment, there has been a growing need for image sensors in the automotive, healthcare (medical), industrial, security, and surveillance arenas. Automation in factories has also contributed to an increase in demand for image sensors in the machine vision segment.
• Image sensors in smartphones and tablets are used for camera functions, while optical sensors are used for brightness optimization (to save battery power) and to enhance the viewing experience.
• As with image sensors, smartphones and tablets have been the key contributors to the growth of optical sensors. These sensors are expected to witness high growth in automotive, medical, and industrial applications in the medium and long term.
• New products, technological evolution, and emerging applications for optical and image sensors are key drivers of demand. With device manufacturers willing to shift over to more expensive sensors, higher revenue growth is projected for both of these sensors.
1. The optical and image sensors market is fuelled not only by smartphones and tablets, but also by cars, medical equipment, home automation, and security networks for which new imaging applications are designed.
2. For entry into automotive markets, sensor manufacturers need to work closely with large OEMs on multiple new sensors to develop the next generation of automotive vision systems. For the medical segment, complexity of design and strict safety standards need to be attained.
3. Maintaining a balance between high image quality, technology, and price is the biggest challenge for the industry.
4. It is difficult for smaller manufacturers to differentiate their products by any factor, other than price. This deters their entry into high-volume applications markets.
5. Shortening the development time for optical and image sensors is important because of the short product life cycles of the consumer market where they are primarily targeted.
Optical sensors measure the amount of light available in the environment and also measure reflected light to detect the presence of objects. These sensors can be used with any type of display, in a number of applications, such as in cell phones, tablets, notebook computers, home automation, industrial, medical, and automotive. The sensors significantly improve user experience by adjusting backlight intensity (detecting light level), providing better viewing comfort by automatically adjusting screen brightness, reducing power consumption through power savings activation, and by enabling speakerphone activation (detecting user presence), to name a few.
Image sensors convert a light/visual image into an electronic/digital signal. While optical sensors are responsible for an improved viewing/user experience, image sensors are responsible for the image quality. Hence the sensor market spans a variety of end-user segments such as cell phones, tablets, digital still cameras, computers, and for segments such as security, medical, industrial, automotive, and defense. This report discusses the charge-coupled device (CCD) and complementary metal oxide semi-conductor (CMOS) image sensor markets by the overall market, geographic distributions, end-user industries, competitive structure, and market share analysis.
• DSC: Digital still camera
• Mobile handset: Cell phones, smartphones
• Tablets: Mobile computers (Apple, Samsung, and others)
• Data processing: Photocopiers, printers, multifunction printers, and other office equipment
• Home automation: Irons, refrigerators, lamps (table or desk), and similar items
• Automotive: Cameras built into cars for safety and assistance; Advanced Driver Assistance System; blind-spot viewing; lane departure warning; automatic headlight dimming; rear, corner, and blind-spot viewing; lighting control; vehicle displays; rearview mirror positioning; and similar applications
• Computer: Desktop PCs, laptops, and notebooks
• Security: Security, video surveillance systems, cameras, and more
• Medical: Imaging applications in diagnostics, monitoring, surgery, and similar; general lighting
• Industrial: Machine vision, automation, and more
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
How long will the optical and image sensors market continue to grow, and at what rate?
What are the key growth drivers and restraints for the market?
What is the competitive landscape of the market?
What are the key product and technological trends in the optical and image sensors markets?
What are the key applications for optical and image sensors that are growing, maturing, and declining?
Apart from smartphones and tablets, what are the potential areas of growth globally?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Optical and Image Sensors Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Competitive Analysis
• Industry Convergence Implications
4. Optical Sensors Segment Breakdown
5. Image Sensors Segment Breakdown
6. The Last Word
To order this report: Strategic Analysis of the World Optical and Image Sensors Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 7, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,771
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Dec. 7, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 327
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Dec. 7, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 443
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Dec. 7, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,649
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Dec. 7, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,869
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,098
"We are a custom software development, engineering firm. We specialize in cloud applications from helping customers that have on-premise applications migrating to the cloud, to helping customers design brand new apps in the cloud. And we specialize in mobile apps," explained Peter Di Stefano, Vice President of Marketing at Impiger Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 321
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 253
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,743
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 925
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 7, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,916
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,675
President Obama recently announced the launch of a new national awareness campaign to "encourage more Americans to move beyond passwords – adding an extra layer of security like a fingerprint or codes sent to your cellphone." The shift from single passwords to multi-factor authentication couldn’t be timelier or more strategic. This session will focus on why passwords alone are no longer effective, and why the time to act is now. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Chris Webber, security strateg...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 345
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 355
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 783