|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 06:17 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Strategic Analysis of the World Optical and Image Sensors Market
New Applications Project High Growth
This research service discusses the global optical and image sensors market. Under image sensors, CCD and CMOS types have been discussed. Both the optical and image sensors market is forecast to register significant growth due to their use in smart phones, and tablets. Also, product and technology trends, declining prices have enabled both optical and image sensors to find new applications in medical, automotive and industrial. Unit shipment, revenue forecast, end-user forecast (by revenue), geographic forecast, market share analysis, have been discussed for both optical and image sensors. At the total level, product and technology trends, and competitive factors have been discussed.
• Digital imaging is one of the most rapidly evolving areas in electronics. The popularity of social networking, which enables users to instantly share their latest photos, has led to increasing demand for camera functions in mobile phones and for tablets with high image/ video quality. Image sensors form the core of this functionality.
• Image sensors with enhanced sensitivity and dynamic ranges have led to better image quality for consumers. Therefore, the massive growth in demand for camera-enabled mobile phones and tablets across the globe will have a direct bearing on the image sensors market.
• The availability of cost-effective and high-resolution image sensors is driving the demand in these segments.
• While the largest application of the image sensors is in the smartphones and tablets segment, there has been a growing need for image sensors in the automotive, healthcare (medical), industrial, security, and surveillance arenas. Automation in factories has also contributed to an increase in demand for image sensors in the machine vision segment.
• Image sensors in smartphones and tablets are used for camera functions, while optical sensors are used for brightness optimization (to save battery power) and to enhance the viewing experience.
• As with image sensors, smartphones and tablets have been the key contributors to the growth of optical sensors. These sensors are expected to witness high growth in automotive, medical, and industrial applications in the medium and long term.
• New products, technological evolution, and emerging applications for optical and image sensors are key drivers of demand. With device manufacturers willing to shift over to more expensive sensors, higher revenue growth is projected for both of these sensors.
1. The optical and image sensors market is fuelled not only by smartphones and tablets, but also by cars, medical equipment, home automation, and security networks for which new imaging applications are designed.
2. For entry into automotive markets, sensor manufacturers need to work closely with large OEMs on multiple new sensors to develop the next generation of automotive vision systems. For the medical segment, complexity of design and strict safety standards need to be attained.
3. Maintaining a balance between high image quality, technology, and price is the biggest challenge for the industry.
4. It is difficult for smaller manufacturers to differentiate their products by any factor, other than price. This deters their entry into high-volume applications markets.
5. Shortening the development time for optical and image sensors is important because of the short product life cycles of the consumer market where they are primarily targeted.
Optical sensors measure the amount of light available in the environment and also measure reflected light to detect the presence of objects. These sensors can be used with any type of display, in a number of applications, such as in cell phones, tablets, notebook computers, home automation, industrial, medical, and automotive. The sensors significantly improve user experience by adjusting backlight intensity (detecting light level), providing better viewing comfort by automatically adjusting screen brightness, reducing power consumption through power savings activation, and by enabling speakerphone activation (detecting user presence), to name a few.
Image sensors convert a light/visual image into an electronic/digital signal. While optical sensors are responsible for an improved viewing/user experience, image sensors are responsible for the image quality. Hence the sensor market spans a variety of end-user segments such as cell phones, tablets, digital still cameras, computers, and for segments such as security, medical, industrial, automotive, and defense. This report discusses the charge-coupled device (CCD) and complementary metal oxide semi-conductor (CMOS) image sensor markets by the overall market, geographic distributions, end-user industries, competitive structure, and market share analysis.
• DSC: Digital still camera
• Mobile handset: Cell phones, smartphones
• Tablets: Mobile computers (Apple, Samsung, and others)
• Data processing: Photocopiers, printers, multifunction printers, and other office equipment
• Home automation: Irons, refrigerators, lamps (table or desk), and similar items
• Automotive: Cameras built into cars for safety and assistance; Advanced Driver Assistance System; blind-spot viewing; lane departure warning; automatic headlight dimming; rear, corner, and blind-spot viewing; lighting control; vehicle displays; rearview mirror positioning; and similar applications
• Computer: Desktop PCs, laptops, and notebooks
• Security: Security, video surveillance systems, cameras, and more
• Medical: Imaging applications in diagnostics, monitoring, surgery, and similar; general lighting
• Industrial: Machine vision, automation, and more
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
How long will the optical and image sensors market continue to grow, and at what rate?
What are the key growth drivers and restraints for the market?
What is the competitive landscape of the market?
What are the key product and technological trends in the optical and image sensors markets?
What are the key applications for optical and image sensors that are growing, maturing, and declining?
Apart from smartphones and tablets, what are the potential areas of growth globally?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Optical and Image Sensors Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Competitive Analysis
• Industry Convergence Implications
4. Optical Sensors Segment Breakdown
5. Image Sensors Segment Breakdown
6. The Last Word
To order this report: Strategic Analysis of the World Optical and Image Sensors Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, will discuss how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a prac...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 223
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 31, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 399
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Aug. 31, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 480
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 31, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 448
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Aug. 30, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 395
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 345
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Aug. 30, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 369
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 133
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Aug. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 464
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 153
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 223
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 190
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 287
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Aug. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 270
Cloud and datacenter migration innovator AppZero has joined the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Program. AppZero is a fast, flexible way to move Windows Server applications from any source machine – physical or virtual – to any destination server, in any cloud or datacenter, using its patented container technology. AppZero’s container is also called a Virtual Application Appliance (VAA). To facilitate Microsoft Azure onboarding, AppZero has two purpose-built offerings: AppZero SP for Azure,...
Aug. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 175