|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 06:17 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Strategic Analysis of the World Optical and Image Sensors Market
New Applications Project High Growth
This research service discusses the global optical and image sensors market. Under image sensors, CCD and CMOS types have been discussed. Both the optical and image sensors market is forecast to register significant growth due to their use in smart phones, and tablets. Also, product and technology trends, declining prices have enabled both optical and image sensors to find new applications in medical, automotive and industrial. Unit shipment, revenue forecast, end-user forecast (by revenue), geographic forecast, market share analysis, have been discussed for both optical and image sensors. At the total level, product and technology trends, and competitive factors have been discussed.
• Digital imaging is one of the most rapidly evolving areas in electronics. The popularity of social networking, which enables users to instantly share their latest photos, has led to increasing demand for camera functions in mobile phones and for tablets with high image/ video quality. Image sensors form the core of this functionality.
• Image sensors with enhanced sensitivity and dynamic ranges have led to better image quality for consumers. Therefore, the massive growth in demand for camera-enabled mobile phones and tablets across the globe will have a direct bearing on the image sensors market.
• The availability of cost-effective and high-resolution image sensors is driving the demand in these segments.
• While the largest application of the image sensors is in the smartphones and tablets segment, there has been a growing need for image sensors in the automotive, healthcare (medical), industrial, security, and surveillance arenas. Automation in factories has also contributed to an increase in demand for image sensors in the machine vision segment.
• Image sensors in smartphones and tablets are used for camera functions, while optical sensors are used for brightness optimization (to save battery power) and to enhance the viewing experience.
• As with image sensors, smartphones and tablets have been the key contributors to the growth of optical sensors. These sensors are expected to witness high growth in automotive, medical, and industrial applications in the medium and long term.
• New products, technological evolution, and emerging applications for optical and image sensors are key drivers of demand. With device manufacturers willing to shift over to more expensive sensors, higher revenue growth is projected for both of these sensors.
1. The optical and image sensors market is fuelled not only by smartphones and tablets, but also by cars, medical equipment, home automation, and security networks for which new imaging applications are designed.
2. For entry into automotive markets, sensor manufacturers need to work closely with large OEMs on multiple new sensors to develop the next generation of automotive vision systems. For the medical segment, complexity of design and strict safety standards need to be attained.
3. Maintaining a balance between high image quality, technology, and price is the biggest challenge for the industry.
4. It is difficult for smaller manufacturers to differentiate their products by any factor, other than price. This deters their entry into high-volume applications markets.
5. Shortening the development time for optical and image sensors is important because of the short product life cycles of the consumer market where they are primarily targeted.
Optical sensors measure the amount of light available in the environment and also measure reflected light to detect the presence of objects. These sensors can be used with any type of display, in a number of applications, such as in cell phones, tablets, notebook computers, home automation, industrial, medical, and automotive. The sensors significantly improve user experience by adjusting backlight intensity (detecting light level), providing better viewing comfort by automatically adjusting screen brightness, reducing power consumption through power savings activation, and by enabling speakerphone activation (detecting user presence), to name a few.
Image sensors convert a light/visual image into an electronic/digital signal. While optical sensors are responsible for an improved viewing/user experience, image sensors are responsible for the image quality. Hence the sensor market spans a variety of end-user segments such as cell phones, tablets, digital still cameras, computers, and for segments such as security, medical, industrial, automotive, and defense. This report discusses the charge-coupled device (CCD) and complementary metal oxide semi-conductor (CMOS) image sensor markets by the overall market, geographic distributions, end-user industries, competitive structure, and market share analysis.
• DSC: Digital still camera
• Mobile handset: Cell phones, smartphones
• Tablets: Mobile computers (Apple, Samsung, and others)
• Data processing: Photocopiers, printers, multifunction printers, and other office equipment
• Home automation: Irons, refrigerators, lamps (table or desk), and similar items
• Automotive: Cameras built into cars for safety and assistance; Advanced Driver Assistance System; blind-spot viewing; lane departure warning; automatic headlight dimming; rear, corner, and blind-spot viewing; lighting control; vehicle displays; rearview mirror positioning; and similar applications
• Computer: Desktop PCs, laptops, and notebooks
• Security: Security, video surveillance systems, cameras, and more
• Medical: Imaging applications in diagnostics, monitoring, surgery, and similar; general lighting
• Industrial: Machine vision, automation, and more
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
How long will the optical and image sensors market continue to grow, and at what rate?
What are the key growth drivers and restraints for the market?
What is the competitive landscape of the market?
What are the key product and technological trends in the optical and image sensors markets?
What are the key applications for optical and image sensors that are growing, maturing, and declining?
Apart from smartphones and tablets, what are the potential areas of growth globally?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Optical and Image Sensors Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Competitive Analysis
• Industry Convergence Implications
4. Optical Sensors Segment Breakdown
5. Image Sensors Segment Breakdown
6. The Last Word
To order this report: Strategic Analysis of the World Optical and Image Sensors Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 26, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,101
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 26, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,378
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,996
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 8,543
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,158
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 561
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 378
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cemware will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Use MATLAB functions by just visiting website mathfreeon.com. MATLAB compatible, freely usable, online platform services. As of October 2016, 80,000 users from 180 countries are enjoying our platform service.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 924
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,950
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,594
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,226
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,550
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,888
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,619
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,886