|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 06:17 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Strategic Analysis of the World Optical and Image Sensors Market
New Applications Project High Growth
This research service discusses the global optical and image sensors market. Under image sensors, CCD and CMOS types have been discussed. Both the optical and image sensors market is forecast to register significant growth due to their use in smart phones, and tablets. Also, product and technology trends, declining prices have enabled both optical and image sensors to find new applications in medical, automotive and industrial. Unit shipment, revenue forecast, end-user forecast (by revenue), geographic forecast, market share analysis, have been discussed for both optical and image sensors. At the total level, product and technology trends, and competitive factors have been discussed.
• Digital imaging is one of the most rapidly evolving areas in electronics. The popularity of social networking, which enables users to instantly share their latest photos, has led to increasing demand for camera functions in mobile phones and for tablets with high image/ video quality. Image sensors form the core of this functionality.
• Image sensors with enhanced sensitivity and dynamic ranges have led to better image quality for consumers. Therefore, the massive growth in demand for camera-enabled mobile phones and tablets across the globe will have a direct bearing on the image sensors market.
• The availability of cost-effective and high-resolution image sensors is driving the demand in these segments.
• While the largest application of the image sensors is in the smartphones and tablets segment, there has been a growing need for image sensors in the automotive, healthcare (medical), industrial, security, and surveillance arenas. Automation in factories has also contributed to an increase in demand for image sensors in the machine vision segment.
• Image sensors in smartphones and tablets are used for camera functions, while optical sensors are used for brightness optimization (to save battery power) and to enhance the viewing experience.
• As with image sensors, smartphones and tablets have been the key contributors to the growth of optical sensors. These sensors are expected to witness high growth in automotive, medical, and industrial applications in the medium and long term.
• New products, technological evolution, and emerging applications for optical and image sensors are key drivers of demand. With device manufacturers willing to shift over to more expensive sensors, higher revenue growth is projected for both of these sensors.
1. The optical and image sensors market is fuelled not only by smartphones and tablets, but also by cars, medical equipment, home automation, and security networks for which new imaging applications are designed.
2. For entry into automotive markets, sensor manufacturers need to work closely with large OEMs on multiple new sensors to develop the next generation of automotive vision systems. For the medical segment, complexity of design and strict safety standards need to be attained.
3. Maintaining a balance between high image quality, technology, and price is the biggest challenge for the industry.
4. It is difficult for smaller manufacturers to differentiate their products by any factor, other than price. This deters their entry into high-volume applications markets.
5. Shortening the development time for optical and image sensors is important because of the short product life cycles of the consumer market where they are primarily targeted.
Optical sensors measure the amount of light available in the environment and also measure reflected light to detect the presence of objects. These sensors can be used with any type of display, in a number of applications, such as in cell phones, tablets, notebook computers, home automation, industrial, medical, and automotive. The sensors significantly improve user experience by adjusting backlight intensity (detecting light level), providing better viewing comfort by automatically adjusting screen brightness, reducing power consumption through power savings activation, and by enabling speakerphone activation (detecting user presence), to name a few.
Image sensors convert a light/visual image into an electronic/digital signal. While optical sensors are responsible for an improved viewing/user experience, image sensors are responsible for the image quality. Hence the sensor market spans a variety of end-user segments such as cell phones, tablets, digital still cameras, computers, and for segments such as security, medical, industrial, automotive, and defense. This report discusses the charge-coupled device (CCD) and complementary metal oxide semi-conductor (CMOS) image sensor markets by the overall market, geographic distributions, end-user industries, competitive structure, and market share analysis.
• DSC: Digital still camera
• Mobile handset: Cell phones, smartphones
• Tablets: Mobile computers (Apple, Samsung, and others)
• Data processing: Photocopiers, printers, multifunction printers, and other office equipment
• Home automation: Irons, refrigerators, lamps (table or desk), and similar items
• Automotive: Cameras built into cars for safety and assistance; Advanced Driver Assistance System; blind-spot viewing; lane departure warning; automatic headlight dimming; rear, corner, and blind-spot viewing; lighting control; vehicle displays; rearview mirror positioning; and similar applications
• Computer: Desktop PCs, laptops, and notebooks
• Security: Security, video surveillance systems, cameras, and more
• Medical: Imaging applications in diagnostics, monitoring, surgery, and similar; general lighting
• Industrial: Machine vision, automation, and more
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
How long will the optical and image sensors market continue to grow, and at what rate?
What are the key growth drivers and restraints for the market?
What is the competitive landscape of the market?
What are the key product and technological trends in the optical and image sensors markets?
What are the key applications for optical and image sensors that are growing, maturing, and declining?
Apart from smartphones and tablets, what are the potential areas of growth globally?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Optical and Image Sensors Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Competitive Analysis
• Industry Convergence Implications
4. Optical Sensors Segment Breakdown
5. Image Sensors Segment Breakdown
6. The Last Word
To order this report: Strategic Analysis of the World Optical and Image Sensors Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Mar. 28, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,078
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 28, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,061
In his session at Cloud Expo, Alan Winters, an entertainment executive/TV producer turned serial entrepreneur, will present a success story of an entrepreneur who has both suffered through and benefited from offshore development across multiple businesses: The smart choice, or how to select the right offshore development partner Warning signs, or how to minimize chances of making the wrong choice Collaboration, or how to establish the most effective work processes Budget control, or how to m...
Mar. 28, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 284
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 28, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,750
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 28, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,075
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 28, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 9,574
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,626
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,162
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Mar. 28, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 14,233
SYS-CON Events announced today that Auditwerx will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Auditwerx specializes in SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 attestation services throughout the U.S. and Canada. As a division of Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI), one of the top 20 largest CPA firms nationally, you can expect the resources, skills, and experience of a much larger firm combined with the accessibility and atten...
Mar. 28, 2017 01:31 PM EDT Reads: 183
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 28, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,599
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 28, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,180
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 28, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,117
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Mar. 28, 2017 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,674
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 28, 2017 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,469