|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 07:27 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Global Licensed/Managed Content Delivery Networks (CDN) Market
Deployments to Increase, but Standalone Offerings will Likely Discontinue Over the Forecast Period
Frost & Sullivan finds that the LCDN/MCDN model is still evolving and its success as a stand-alone offering is still to be determined. The market will never be a large opportunity in terms of revenue, but LCDN/MCDN is starting to become more a check box for CDN service providers to help strengthen their core business. This research study includes a complete market overview along with revenue forecasts from 2011 to 2018. It also presents the drivers and restraints for the market along with an analysis of the present competitive landscape.
• Many telcos and operators have been talking about getting into the content delivery networks (CDN) business but to date, almost none has entered the market with a commercial CDN offering. Nearly all who have tried have failed, (for example, AT&T), and decided it made more sense to resell CDN services from a traditional CDN like Akamai.
• But outside of commercial deployments, nearly all large scale telcos have already deployed or are building out CDNs internally to handle the flow of video across their network. It's a move they all had to make for cost savings and quality of experience (QoE) benefits and while most of them are simply deploying boxes from major hardware vendors, or building it on their own, some telcos are working with vendors who offer a licensed and/or managed CDN offering, so they don't have to start from scratch.
• While there has been an uptick in the number of Licensed CDN (LCDN)/Managed CDN (MCDN) deals in 2013, the market opportunity is very small, in the tens of millions of dollars this year. The market for LCDN/MCDN services will never be large and there are only a few vendors who even offer the service, with most of them doing it for ancillary benefits to their core business and not for generating a lot of revenue from licensing the software or doing a managed CDN build out.
• Market opportunities and perspectives of telcos with regards to the CDN value chain has changed lot in the last X months. Most wanted to build their own and sell it to multiple types of customers, use it for internal purposes for cost savings and some even had ideas of wanting to compete with Akamai and EdgeCast being commercial operators.
• All telcos who attempted to get into the CDN business used different paths and while a small handful succeeded, most didn't. Only Level 3 has a material commercial CDN business that's contributed to their overall business and has been tiered into their core services.
• Frost & Sullivan observed that many telcos leverage their CDNs for internal video delivery deployments, especially for IPTV, where they deploy boxes sold by Cisco and others. By using these solutions and technology like transparent caching, some service providers are able to reduce costs and gain savings to an extent. But most telcos are neither good at selling commercial CDN services, nor entirely successful with the build-it-yourself CDN model.
• In this universe, Frost & Sullivan finds that the LCDN/MCDN model is still evolving and its success as a stand-alone offering is still to be determined. The market will never be a large opportunity in terms of revenue, but LCDN/MCDN is starting to become more a check box for CDN service providers to help strengthen their core business.
• According to Frost & Sullivan, there are about X true LCDN/MCDN deals that have been done, which does not include reseller deals like the one between AT&T and Akamai.
1. Most telcos and carriers are not expected to offer commercial CDN services, but will likely leverage LCDN/MCDN for internal CDN deployments.
2. Very few vendors offer a true LCDN/MCDN solution; those who do, provide it as it offers ancillary benefits to their core business.
3. LCDN/MCDN is a small market today, under $XM in total revenue with at most, two or three dozen deployments.
4. LCDN/MCDN offerings are mostly being sold by commercial CDNs, but over time, should be offered by hardware vendors already selling to telcos and carriers.
5. It won't take long for LCDN/MCDN to go away as a stand-alone offering and instead, be sold as part of a larger solution set.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they be acquired by other companies? Will these products/services become features in other markets?
What are the current pricing trends in the market, and how are competitors continuing to provide value-priced products?
Are the products and services offered today meeting customer needs or is additional product development needed?
What regional trends exist for the licensed/managed CDN solutions market?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total LCDN/ MCDN Market
o External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
o Forecast and Trends
o Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. The Last Word
To order this report: Global Licensed/Managed Content Delivery Networks (CDN) Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
How will your company move to the cloud while ensuring a solid security posture? Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is ...
May. 27, 2016 02:12 PM EDT
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
May. 27, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,974
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC Software has been named "Siver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. BMC is a global leader in innovative software solutions that help businesses transform into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. BMC Digital Enterprise Management is a set of innovative IT solutions designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized from mainframe to mo...
May. 27, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,141
SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to global enterprises. SoftLayer's modular architecture, full-featured API, and sophisticated automation provide unparalleled performance and control. Its flexible unified platform seamlessly spans physical and virtual devices linked via a world...
May. 27, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,163
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 27, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,812
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? How do you coordinate the diverse moving parts that must come together when developing your IoT product? What are the key challenges addressed by Data as a Service? How does cloud computing underlie and connect the notions of Digital and DevOps What is the impact of the API economy? What is the business imperative for Cognitive Computing? Get all these questions and hundreds more like them answered at the 18th Cloud Expo...
May. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,219
SYS-CON Events announced today the Docker Meets Kubernetes – Intro into the Kubernetes World, being held June 9, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Register for 'Docker Meets Kubernetes Workshop' Here! This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, introduces participants to Kubernetes (container orchestration). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants learn ...
May. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,936
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
May. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 489
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, will explore the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences betwee...
May. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,626
SYS-CON Events announced today that EastBanc Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. EastBanc Technologies has been working at the frontier of technology since 1999. Today, the firm provides full-lifecycle software development delivering flexible technology solutions that seamlessly integrate with existing systems – whether on premise or cloud. EastBanc Technologies partners with p...
May. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,216
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Cole, Director of Solutions Engineering at Peak 10, will discuss how the newest technology advances are reducing the cost and complexity of traditional business continuity and disaster recovery solutions. Attendees will: Learn why having a full disaster recovery strategy is more important now than ever before Explore the key drivers of a successful disaster recovery solution Achieve measurable operational and business value from a disaster recovery ...
May. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,355
SYS-CON Events announced today Object Management Group® has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 27, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,391
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 27, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,297
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
May. 27, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,103
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 18th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 27, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,330