|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 07:27 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Global Licensed/Managed Content Delivery Networks (CDN) Market
Deployments to Increase, but Standalone Offerings will Likely Discontinue Over the Forecast Period
Frost & Sullivan finds that the LCDN/MCDN model is still evolving and its success as a stand-alone offering is still to be determined. The market will never be a large opportunity in terms of revenue, but LCDN/MCDN is starting to become more a check box for CDN service providers to help strengthen their core business. This research study includes a complete market overview along with revenue forecasts from 2011 to 2018. It also presents the drivers and restraints for the market along with an analysis of the present competitive landscape.
• Many telcos and operators have been talking about getting into the content delivery networks (CDN) business but to date, almost none has entered the market with a commercial CDN offering. Nearly all who have tried have failed, (for example, AT&T), and decided it made more sense to resell CDN services from a traditional CDN like Akamai.
• But outside of commercial deployments, nearly all large scale telcos have already deployed or are building out CDNs internally to handle the flow of video across their network. It's a move they all had to make for cost savings and quality of experience (QoE) benefits and while most of them are simply deploying boxes from major hardware vendors, or building it on their own, some telcos are working with vendors who offer a licensed and/or managed CDN offering, so they don't have to start from scratch.
• While there has been an uptick in the number of Licensed CDN (LCDN)/Managed CDN (MCDN) deals in 2013, the market opportunity is very small, in the tens of millions of dollars this year. The market for LCDN/MCDN services will never be large and there are only a few vendors who even offer the service, with most of them doing it for ancillary benefits to their core business and not for generating a lot of revenue from licensing the software or doing a managed CDN build out.
• Market opportunities and perspectives of telcos with regards to the CDN value chain has changed lot in the last X months. Most wanted to build their own and sell it to multiple types of customers, use it for internal purposes for cost savings and some even had ideas of wanting to compete with Akamai and EdgeCast being commercial operators.
• All telcos who attempted to get into the CDN business used different paths and while a small handful succeeded, most didn't. Only Level 3 has a material commercial CDN business that's contributed to their overall business and has been tiered into their core services.
• Frost & Sullivan observed that many telcos leverage their CDNs for internal video delivery deployments, especially for IPTV, where they deploy boxes sold by Cisco and others. By using these solutions and technology like transparent caching, some service providers are able to reduce costs and gain savings to an extent. But most telcos are neither good at selling commercial CDN services, nor entirely successful with the build-it-yourself CDN model.
• In this universe, Frost & Sullivan finds that the LCDN/MCDN model is still evolving and its success as a stand-alone offering is still to be determined. The market will never be a large opportunity in terms of revenue, but LCDN/MCDN is starting to become more a check box for CDN service providers to help strengthen their core business.
• According to Frost & Sullivan, there are about X true LCDN/MCDN deals that have been done, which does not include reseller deals like the one between AT&T and Akamai.
1. Most telcos and carriers are not expected to offer commercial CDN services, but will likely leverage LCDN/MCDN for internal CDN deployments.
2. Very few vendors offer a true LCDN/MCDN solution; those who do, provide it as it offers ancillary benefits to their core business.
3. LCDN/MCDN is a small market today, under $XM in total revenue with at most, two or three dozen deployments.
4. LCDN/MCDN offerings are mostly being sold by commercial CDNs, but over time, should be offered by hardware vendors already selling to telcos and carriers.
5. It won't take long for LCDN/MCDN to go away as a stand-alone offering and instead, be sold as part of a larger solution set.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they be acquired by other companies? Will these products/services become features in other markets?
What are the current pricing trends in the market, and how are competitors continuing to provide value-priced products?
Are the products and services offered today meeting customer needs or is additional product development needed?
What regional trends exist for the licensed/managed CDN solutions market?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total LCDN/ MCDN Market
o External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
o Forecast and Trends
o Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. The Last Word
To order this report: Global Licensed/Managed Content Delivery Networks (CDN) Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,411
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,006
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 26, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,081
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 26, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,760
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Sep. 26, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 941
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 26, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,550
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Sep. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,672
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 26, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,958
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 26, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,622
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 26, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,249
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 26, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,543
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 26, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,823
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,586
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,417
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,703