|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 08:38 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Analysis of the Mining Flotation Chemicals Market in Brazil and Chile
Developing Economies to Increase Demand for Polymethalics Minerals
Mining chemicals market for flotation processes will grow in Brazil and Chile due to the increasing investments in the mining sector. Both countries offer full advantages to drive the market and the revival of plenty of feasibility studies and projects hampered by mining companies, as well as by growing demand for metallic mineral products are a trend for the market. This research service provides an analysis of the mining chemicals market in Brazil and Chile, detailing four segments in terms of sales, demand, pricing, competitors, applications, and market trends. Market drivers, restraints, and market forecast measurements are also provided. The base year of the study is 2012 and the forecast period is 2013 to 2017.
• The mining industry is Chile's economic engine since it represents around % of the countries' GDP and generates almost half a million jobs.
• The mining flotation chemicals market in Chile is in a mature stage and in 2012 accounted for $X million. It is expected to reach $X million by 2017, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X%.
• The mining flotation chemicals market in Chile has shown steady growth after the world economic crisis of 2009 and is expected to continue throughout the forecast period.
• Growth in the Chilean and Brazilian market will be mainly driven by increasing emerging economies, metallic minerals demand, and expansion and greenfield mining projects.
• On the other hand, main challenges restraining market growth will be dominated by increasing costs of raw materials as well as water and energy resources scarcity.
• In the Chilean vertical market analysis, frothers presented the highest CAGR for the period 2012 to 2017, accounting forX% growth. By the end of the forecast period, the market revenue is expected to increase by X%.
• The market in Chile is dominated by big multinationals, namely Cytec, SNF Flomin, Clariant, Mathiesen, Orica, Brenntag, or Dow Chemicals, together with local participants that dominate mainly the more commoditized dispersants and depressants sector.
• The mining industry in Brazil represents around % of the country's GDP and generates almostXjobs.
• In 2012 the country reached the same levels of production and sales recorded before the financial crisis. The IBRAM expects a total of $X billion investment for the period between 2010 to 2014.
• Iron ore is the main mineral in which investments are made , accounting for about % of the total.
• New entrants continue to reach the market, including small businesses and mining exploration and service providers.
• The total mining flotation chemicals market in Brazil generated revenues of $X million in 2012, which corresponded to a growth ofX%. When compared to the previous year; this can be attributed to the industry growth during this period.
• In 2017, the market is expected to be valued at $X million, by growing at a CAGR of X% from 2012 to 2017 in terms of revenue.
• Main challenges restraining market growth will be dominated by increasing costs of raw materials as well as water and energy resources scarcity.
1. Domestic and foreign investments in mining projects in Chile are expected to reach $X billion during the 2012 to 2020 period.
2. Constantly decreasing mineral ore grades in Chile and Brazil provoke an increment in mining chemicals demand for mineral processing.
3. Copper and molybdenum production in Chile are tied to BRIC countries stable growth and infrastructure development.
4. Although imported products dominate the market, local presence through labs and technical support are key competitive factors.
5. Costs associated to mining activities such as energy consumption and water scarcity in Chile and Brazil slows market growing pace.
Geographic Coverage: Brazil and Chile
Study Period: 2010-2017
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2017
Monetary Unit: US Dollars
Conversion Rate: BRL X / CLP X = $ X
• The aim of this research service is to provide an in-depth analysis of the mining flotation chemicals market by product category as well as to describe challenges and opportunities.
• The geographic scope of this study is Brazil and Chile.
• The base year for the study is 2012, including historical information (2010 to 2011), and the forecast extends to 2017.
• Market sizing is estimated based on the total mining flotation chemicals market.
The aim of this research service is to understand the Brazilian and Chilean mining flotation chemicals market. The forces that affect the market are discussed and recommendations are provided.
• To understand the Brazilian and Chilean mining flotation chemicals market
• To discuss the market challenges as well as driving and restraining forces that would have an impact in the forecast period
• To provide the overall market revenue, unit shipment and forecasts for the individual mining flotation chemicals market segments
• To assess the competitive structure and distribution channels, and to identify the key success factors for suppliers
• To provide an analysis of the activities in the mining flotation chemicals industry and track the trends in the industry
• To provide manufacturers and suppliers with strategic recommendations as well as market conclusions that are based on the research
• The world market for mining chemicals is projected to reach almost $X billion by 2020.
• According to global industry participants growth will be driven mainly by revival of plenty of feasibility studies and projects that were hampered by mining companies due to the world economic recession, as well as by growing demand for metallic mineral products from developing countries to address their dynamic growing economies.
• In the next Xto X years, legal and regulatory framework related to environmental and safety concerns are expected to orient investments in developing safer and environmentally friendly mining reagents.
• In May 2012, the Clean Mining Alliance was created in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. This non-profit industry association is aimed at "supporting and advocating technological advancements to make the mining industry cleaner and environmentally responsible," according to its founders.
• This organization supports then introduction of new technologies and processes aimed at making mining safer, cleaner and less expensive. Some of these new technologies include membrane-based water filtration, biologic remediation, carbon capture, near-zero emissions processes, closed-loop systems, and other innovation.
• Cytec industries, a global mining chemicals market leader, invests large amounts of its revenue in R&D activities aimed at creating technologies that can decrease the cost of operations, provide better recovery and selectivity, help better manage hard to process ores, prevent or limit employee's exposure to hazards, optimize the use of natural resources, and minimize waste.
• Some examples of these novel mineral processing reagents include are the new line of stronger, more selective and versatile flotation collectors like MAXGOLD™ and AERO XD5002® which are presented as a sustainable alternative to the traditionally used sulphide collectors, such as xanthates that are more effective and reduce the safety, health, and environmental concerns.
Market Overview—Chile Product Scope
Mining Flotation Chemicals:
• Methyl isobutyl carbonyl (MIBC)
• Tall oil
• Propylene glycol
• Alcohol mix
• Xanthates and derivatives
• Mix thiophosphates
• Soda ash
• Sodium silicate
• Sodium hydrosulphide (NaSH)
• Sodium cyanide
• Inorganic thiophosphate
• Others (include mainly Zinc Sulfate, DETA (Diethylenetriamine), Permganates, Ammonium Bisulfite)
• For the Chile segment, only froth flotation mining chemicals utilized for metallic mineral extraction will be considered, namely frothers, collectors, dispersants, and depressants.
• Metallic mining is the most important type in Chile, being this South American country the first global producer of copper, accounting for X% of global production. This is the third most important molybdenum producer, the eight global silver producer and the world's fourteenth most important gold producer.
• The froth flotation process currently has the biggest penetration in the Chilean mining industry.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
How is the value chain of this market? Are distributors playing an important role?
What are the main drivers for the upcoming years in the mining Industry?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is additional development needed?
Whar are the key factors for an end user when chosing a supplier?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Mining Flotation Chemicals Market
• Drivers and Restraints
4. Brazil Breakdown
5. Chile Breakdown
6. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of the Mining Flotation Chemicals Market in Brazil and Chile
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jul. 27, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,254
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 27, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,289
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,482
Large scale deployments present unique planning challenges, system commissioning hurdles between IT and OT and demand careful system hand-off orchestration. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Smith, Senior Director and a founding member of Incenergy, will discuss some of the key tactics to ensure delivery success based on his experience of the last two years deploying Industrial IoT systems across four continents.
Jul. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,551
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jul. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,168
With over 720 million Internet users and 40–50% CAGR, the Chinese Cloud Computing market has been booming. When talking about cloud computing, what are the Chinese users of cloud thinking about? What is the most powerful force that can push them to make the buying decision? How to tap into them? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yu Hao, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, answered these questions and discussed the results of SpeedyCloud’s survey.
Jul. 27, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 951
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Jul. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,755
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Jul. 27, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,252
"This week we're really focusing on scalability, asset preservation and how do you back up to the cloud and in the cloud with object storage, which is really a new way of attacking dealing with your file, your blocked data, where you put it and how you access it," stated Jeff Greenwald, Senior Director of Market Development at HGST, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 27, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,521
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,594
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,436
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 27, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,723
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jul. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,942
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Jul. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,002
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 26, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,593