|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 08:38 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Analysis of the Mining Flotation Chemicals Market in Brazil and Chile
Developing Economies to Increase Demand for Polymethalics Minerals
Mining chemicals market for flotation processes will grow in Brazil and Chile due to the increasing investments in the mining sector. Both countries offer full advantages to drive the market and the revival of plenty of feasibility studies and projects hampered by mining companies, as well as by growing demand for metallic mineral products are a trend for the market. This research service provides an analysis of the mining chemicals market in Brazil and Chile, detailing four segments in terms of sales, demand, pricing, competitors, applications, and market trends. Market drivers, restraints, and market forecast measurements are also provided. The base year of the study is 2012 and the forecast period is 2013 to 2017.
• The mining industry is Chile's economic engine since it represents around % of the countries' GDP and generates almost half a million jobs.
• The mining flotation chemicals market in Chile is in a mature stage and in 2012 accounted for $X million. It is expected to reach $X million by 2017, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X%.
• The mining flotation chemicals market in Chile has shown steady growth after the world economic crisis of 2009 and is expected to continue throughout the forecast period.
• Growth in the Chilean and Brazilian market will be mainly driven by increasing emerging economies, metallic minerals demand, and expansion and greenfield mining projects.
• On the other hand, main challenges restraining market growth will be dominated by increasing costs of raw materials as well as water and energy resources scarcity.
• In the Chilean vertical market analysis, frothers presented the highest CAGR for the period 2012 to 2017, accounting forX% growth. By the end of the forecast period, the market revenue is expected to increase by X%.
• The market in Chile is dominated by big multinationals, namely Cytec, SNF Flomin, Clariant, Mathiesen, Orica, Brenntag, or Dow Chemicals, together with local participants that dominate mainly the more commoditized dispersants and depressants sector.
• The mining industry in Brazil represents around % of the country's GDP and generates almostXjobs.
• In 2012 the country reached the same levels of production and sales recorded before the financial crisis. The IBRAM expects a total of $X billion investment for the period between 2010 to 2014.
• Iron ore is the main mineral in which investments are made , accounting for about % of the total.
• New entrants continue to reach the market, including small businesses and mining exploration and service providers.
• The total mining flotation chemicals market in Brazil generated revenues of $X million in 2012, which corresponded to a growth ofX%. When compared to the previous year; this can be attributed to the industry growth during this period.
• In 2017, the market is expected to be valued at $X million, by growing at a CAGR of X% from 2012 to 2017 in terms of revenue.
• Main challenges restraining market growth will be dominated by increasing costs of raw materials as well as water and energy resources scarcity.
1. Domestic and foreign investments in mining projects in Chile are expected to reach $X billion during the 2012 to 2020 period.
2. Constantly decreasing mineral ore grades in Chile and Brazil provoke an increment in mining chemicals demand for mineral processing.
3. Copper and molybdenum production in Chile are tied to BRIC countries stable growth and infrastructure development.
4. Although imported products dominate the market, local presence through labs and technical support are key competitive factors.
5. Costs associated to mining activities such as energy consumption and water scarcity in Chile and Brazil slows market growing pace.
Geographic Coverage: Brazil and Chile
Study Period: 2010-2017
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2017
Monetary Unit: US Dollars
Conversion Rate: BRL X / CLP X = $ X
• The aim of this research service is to provide an in-depth analysis of the mining flotation chemicals market by product category as well as to describe challenges and opportunities.
• The geographic scope of this study is Brazil and Chile.
• The base year for the study is 2012, including historical information (2010 to 2011), and the forecast extends to 2017.
• Market sizing is estimated based on the total mining flotation chemicals market.
The aim of this research service is to understand the Brazilian and Chilean mining flotation chemicals market. The forces that affect the market are discussed and recommendations are provided.
• To understand the Brazilian and Chilean mining flotation chemicals market
• To discuss the market challenges as well as driving and restraining forces that would have an impact in the forecast period
• To provide the overall market revenue, unit shipment and forecasts for the individual mining flotation chemicals market segments
• To assess the competitive structure and distribution channels, and to identify the key success factors for suppliers
• To provide an analysis of the activities in the mining flotation chemicals industry and track the trends in the industry
• To provide manufacturers and suppliers with strategic recommendations as well as market conclusions that are based on the research
• The world market for mining chemicals is projected to reach almost $X billion by 2020.
• According to global industry participants growth will be driven mainly by revival of plenty of feasibility studies and projects that were hampered by mining companies due to the world economic recession, as well as by growing demand for metallic mineral products from developing countries to address their dynamic growing economies.
• In the next Xto X years, legal and regulatory framework related to environmental and safety concerns are expected to orient investments in developing safer and environmentally friendly mining reagents.
• In May 2012, the Clean Mining Alliance was created in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. This non-profit industry association is aimed at "supporting and advocating technological advancements to make the mining industry cleaner and environmentally responsible," according to its founders.
• This organization supports then introduction of new technologies and processes aimed at making mining safer, cleaner and less expensive. Some of these new technologies include membrane-based water filtration, biologic remediation, carbon capture, near-zero emissions processes, closed-loop systems, and other innovation.
• Cytec industries, a global mining chemicals market leader, invests large amounts of its revenue in R&D activities aimed at creating technologies that can decrease the cost of operations, provide better recovery and selectivity, help better manage hard to process ores, prevent or limit employee's exposure to hazards, optimize the use of natural resources, and minimize waste.
• Some examples of these novel mineral processing reagents include are the new line of stronger, more selective and versatile flotation collectors like MAXGOLD™ and AERO XD5002® which are presented as a sustainable alternative to the traditionally used sulphide collectors, such as xanthates that are more effective and reduce the safety, health, and environmental concerns.
Market Overview—Chile Product Scope
Mining Flotation Chemicals:
• Methyl isobutyl carbonyl (MIBC)
• Tall oil
• Propylene glycol
• Alcohol mix
• Xanthates and derivatives
• Mix thiophosphates
• Soda ash
• Sodium silicate
• Sodium hydrosulphide (NaSH)
• Sodium cyanide
• Inorganic thiophosphate
• Others (include mainly Zinc Sulfate, DETA (Diethylenetriamine), Permganates, Ammonium Bisulfite)
• For the Chile segment, only froth flotation mining chemicals utilized for metallic mineral extraction will be considered, namely frothers, collectors, dispersants, and depressants.
• Metallic mining is the most important type in Chile, being this South American country the first global producer of copper, accounting for X% of global production. This is the third most important molybdenum producer, the eight global silver producer and the world's fourteenth most important gold producer.
• The froth flotation process currently has the biggest penetration in the Chilean mining industry.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
How is the value chain of this market? Are distributors playing an important role?
What are the main drivers for the upcoming years in the mining Industry?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is additional development needed?
Whar are the key factors for an end user when chosing a supplier?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Mining Flotation Chemicals Market
• Drivers and Restraints
4. Brazil Breakdown
5. Chile Breakdown
6. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of the Mining Flotation Chemicals Market in Brazil and Chile
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business. Though, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected with a majority of IoT projects having failed. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief IoTologist at Wipro, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology portfolios and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will delve in...
Feb. 25, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 2,505
In the enterprise today, connected IoT devices are everywhere – both inside and outside corporate environments. The need to identify, manage, control and secure a quickly growing web of connections and outside devices is making the already challenging task of security even more important, and onerous. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Rich Boyer, CISO and Chief Architect for Security at NTT i3, will discuss new ways of thinking and the approaches needed to address the emerging challenges of securit...
Feb. 25, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,626
As cloud adoption continues to transform business, today's global enterprises are challenged with managing a growing amount of information living outside of the data center. The rapid adoption of IoT and increasingly mobile workforce are exacerbating the problem. Ensuring secure data sharing and efficient backup poses capacity and bandwidth considerations as well as policy and regulatory compliance issues.
Feb. 25, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,031
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Carter, CEO of Approyo, will discuss the basic set up and solution for an SAP solution in the cloud and what it means to the viability of your company. Chris Carter is CEO of Approyo. He works with business around the globe, to assist them in their journey to the usage of Big Data in the forms of Hadoop (Cloudera and Hortonwork's) and SAP HANA. At Approyo, we support firms who are looking for knowledge to grow through current business process, where even...
Feb. 25, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 860
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions with...
Feb. 25, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 7,714
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Feb. 25, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,338
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann and Aruna Ravichandran have been named Co-Chairs of @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 25, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 2,147
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you...
Feb. 25, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 2,138
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 25, 2017 09:00 AM EST Reads: 5,240
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Feb. 25, 2017 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,327
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Feb. 25, 2017 09:00 AM EST Reads: 3,631
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 25, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,055
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 25, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 7,988
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busine...
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 5,940
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 5,774