|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 08:38 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Analysis of the Mining Flotation Chemicals Market in Brazil and Chile
Developing Economies to Increase Demand for Polymethalics Minerals
Mining chemicals market for flotation processes will grow in Brazil and Chile due to the increasing investments in the mining sector. Both countries offer full advantages to drive the market and the revival of plenty of feasibility studies and projects hampered by mining companies, as well as by growing demand for metallic mineral products are a trend for the market. This research service provides an analysis of the mining chemicals market in Brazil and Chile, detailing four segments in terms of sales, demand, pricing, competitors, applications, and market trends. Market drivers, restraints, and market forecast measurements are also provided. The base year of the study is 2012 and the forecast period is 2013 to 2017.
• The mining industry is Chile's economic engine since it represents around % of the countries' GDP and generates almost half a million jobs.
• The mining flotation chemicals market in Chile is in a mature stage and in 2012 accounted for $X million. It is expected to reach $X million by 2017, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X%.
• The mining flotation chemicals market in Chile has shown steady growth after the world economic crisis of 2009 and is expected to continue throughout the forecast period.
• Growth in the Chilean and Brazilian market will be mainly driven by increasing emerging economies, metallic minerals demand, and expansion and greenfield mining projects.
• On the other hand, main challenges restraining market growth will be dominated by increasing costs of raw materials as well as water and energy resources scarcity.
• In the Chilean vertical market analysis, frothers presented the highest CAGR for the period 2012 to 2017, accounting forX% growth. By the end of the forecast period, the market revenue is expected to increase by X%.
• The market in Chile is dominated by big multinationals, namely Cytec, SNF Flomin, Clariant, Mathiesen, Orica, Brenntag, or Dow Chemicals, together with local participants that dominate mainly the more commoditized dispersants and depressants sector.
• The mining industry in Brazil represents around % of the country's GDP and generates almostXjobs.
• In 2012 the country reached the same levels of production and sales recorded before the financial crisis. The IBRAM expects a total of $X billion investment for the period between 2010 to 2014.
• Iron ore is the main mineral in which investments are made , accounting for about % of the total.
• New entrants continue to reach the market, including small businesses and mining exploration and service providers.
• The total mining flotation chemicals market in Brazil generated revenues of $X million in 2012, which corresponded to a growth ofX%. When compared to the previous year; this can be attributed to the industry growth during this period.
• In 2017, the market is expected to be valued at $X million, by growing at a CAGR of X% from 2012 to 2017 in terms of revenue.
• Main challenges restraining market growth will be dominated by increasing costs of raw materials as well as water and energy resources scarcity.
1. Domestic and foreign investments in mining projects in Chile are expected to reach $X billion during the 2012 to 2020 period.
2. Constantly decreasing mineral ore grades in Chile and Brazil provoke an increment in mining chemicals demand for mineral processing.
3. Copper and molybdenum production in Chile are tied to BRIC countries stable growth and infrastructure development.
4. Although imported products dominate the market, local presence through labs and technical support are key competitive factors.
5. Costs associated to mining activities such as energy consumption and water scarcity in Chile and Brazil slows market growing pace.
Geographic Coverage: Brazil and Chile
Study Period: 2010-2017
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2017
Monetary Unit: US Dollars
Conversion Rate: BRL X / CLP X = $ X
• The aim of this research service is to provide an in-depth analysis of the mining flotation chemicals market by product category as well as to describe challenges and opportunities.
• The geographic scope of this study is Brazil and Chile.
• The base year for the study is 2012, including historical information (2010 to 2011), and the forecast extends to 2017.
• Market sizing is estimated based on the total mining flotation chemicals market.
The aim of this research service is to understand the Brazilian and Chilean mining flotation chemicals market. The forces that affect the market are discussed and recommendations are provided.
• To understand the Brazilian and Chilean mining flotation chemicals market
• To discuss the market challenges as well as driving and restraining forces that would have an impact in the forecast period
• To provide the overall market revenue, unit shipment and forecasts for the individual mining flotation chemicals market segments
• To assess the competitive structure and distribution channels, and to identify the key success factors for suppliers
• To provide an analysis of the activities in the mining flotation chemicals industry and track the trends in the industry
• To provide manufacturers and suppliers with strategic recommendations as well as market conclusions that are based on the research
• The world market for mining chemicals is projected to reach almost $X billion by 2020.
• According to global industry participants growth will be driven mainly by revival of plenty of feasibility studies and projects that were hampered by mining companies due to the world economic recession, as well as by growing demand for metallic mineral products from developing countries to address their dynamic growing economies.
• In the next Xto X years, legal and regulatory framework related to environmental and safety concerns are expected to orient investments in developing safer and environmentally friendly mining reagents.
• In May 2012, the Clean Mining Alliance was created in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. This non-profit industry association is aimed at "supporting and advocating technological advancements to make the mining industry cleaner and environmentally responsible," according to its founders.
• This organization supports then introduction of new technologies and processes aimed at making mining safer, cleaner and less expensive. Some of these new technologies include membrane-based water filtration, biologic remediation, carbon capture, near-zero emissions processes, closed-loop systems, and other innovation.
• Cytec industries, a global mining chemicals market leader, invests large amounts of its revenue in R&D activities aimed at creating technologies that can decrease the cost of operations, provide better recovery and selectivity, help better manage hard to process ores, prevent or limit employee's exposure to hazards, optimize the use of natural resources, and minimize waste.
• Some examples of these novel mineral processing reagents include are the new line of stronger, more selective and versatile flotation collectors like MAXGOLD™ and AERO XD5002® which are presented as a sustainable alternative to the traditionally used sulphide collectors, such as xanthates that are more effective and reduce the safety, health, and environmental concerns.
Market Overview—Chile Product Scope
Mining Flotation Chemicals:
• Methyl isobutyl carbonyl (MIBC)
• Tall oil
• Propylene glycol
• Alcohol mix
• Xanthates and derivatives
• Mix thiophosphates
• Soda ash
• Sodium silicate
• Sodium hydrosulphide (NaSH)
• Sodium cyanide
• Inorganic thiophosphate
• Others (include mainly Zinc Sulfate, DETA (Diethylenetriamine), Permganates, Ammonium Bisulfite)
• For the Chile segment, only froth flotation mining chemicals utilized for metallic mineral extraction will be considered, namely frothers, collectors, dispersants, and depressants.
• Metallic mining is the most important type in Chile, being this South American country the first global producer of copper, accounting for X% of global production. This is the third most important molybdenum producer, the eight global silver producer and the world's fourteenth most important gold producer.
• The froth flotation process currently has the biggest penetration in the Chilean mining industry.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
How is the value chain of this market? Are distributors playing an important role?
What are the main drivers for the upcoming years in the mining Industry?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is additional development needed?
Whar are the key factors for an end user when chosing a supplier?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Mining Flotation Chemicals Market
• Drivers and Restraints
4. Brazil Breakdown
5. Chile Breakdown
6. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of the Mining Flotation Chemicals Market in Brazil and Chile
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,307
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, will discuss the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to fo...
May. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,573
SYS-CON Events announced today Object Management Group® has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,632
As machines are increasingly connected to the internet, it’s becoming easier to discover the numerous ways Industrial IoT (IIoT) is helping to shape the business world. This is exactly why we have decided to take a closer look at this pervasive movement and to examine the desire to connect more things! Now if you need a refresher on IIoT and how it is changing the world, take a moment and listen to Greg Gorbach with ARC Advisory Group. Gorbach believes, "IIoT will significantly change the worl...
May. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,050
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,961
SYS-CON Events announced today the Docker Meets Kubernetes – Intro into the Kubernetes World, being held June 9, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Register for 'Docker Meets Kubernetes Workshop' Here! This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, introduces participants to Kubernetes (container orchestration). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants learn ...
May. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,024
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,980
Customer experience has become a competitive differentiator for companies, and it’s imperative that brands seamlessly connect the customer journey across all platforms. With the continued explosion of IoT, join us for a look at how to build a winning digital foundation in the connected era – today and in the future. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Nguyen, Group Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how to successfully leverage mobile, rapidly deploy content, capture real-time d...
May. 29, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,681
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Cole, Director of Solutions Engineering at Peak 10, will discuss how the newest technology advances are reducing the cost and complexity of traditional business continuity and disaster recovery solutions. Attendees will: Learn why having a full disaster recovery strategy is more important now than ever before Explore the key drivers of a successful disaster recovery solution Achieve measurable operational and business value from a disaster recovery ...
May. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,449
The cloud era has reached the stage where it is no longer a question of whether a company should migrate, but when. Enterprises have embraced the outsourcing of where their various applications are stored and who manages them, saving significant investment along the way. Plus, the cloud has become a defining competitive edge. Companies that fail to successfully adapt risk failure. The media, of course, continues to extol the virtues of the cloud, including how easy it is to get there. Migrating...
May. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 623
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
May. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 728
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hanu Software will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Leveraging best-in-class people, processes, and technologies, Hanu provides high-quality, high-value software development and business process outsourcing services to independent software vendors (ISVs) and enterprises.
May. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,438
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 29, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,285
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
May. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,538
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, will provide an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life ...
May. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,040