|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 08:38 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Analysis of the Mining Flotation Chemicals Market in Brazil and Chile
Developing Economies to Increase Demand for Polymethalics Minerals
Mining chemicals market for flotation processes will grow in Brazil and Chile due to the increasing investments in the mining sector. Both countries offer full advantages to drive the market and the revival of plenty of feasibility studies and projects hampered by mining companies, as well as by growing demand for metallic mineral products are a trend for the market. This research service provides an analysis of the mining chemicals market in Brazil and Chile, detailing four segments in terms of sales, demand, pricing, competitors, applications, and market trends. Market drivers, restraints, and market forecast measurements are also provided. The base year of the study is 2012 and the forecast period is 2013 to 2017.
• The mining industry is Chile's economic engine since it represents around % of the countries' GDP and generates almost half a million jobs.
• The mining flotation chemicals market in Chile is in a mature stage and in 2012 accounted for $X million. It is expected to reach $X million by 2017, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X%.
• The mining flotation chemicals market in Chile has shown steady growth after the world economic crisis of 2009 and is expected to continue throughout the forecast period.
• Growth in the Chilean and Brazilian market will be mainly driven by increasing emerging economies, metallic minerals demand, and expansion and greenfield mining projects.
• On the other hand, main challenges restraining market growth will be dominated by increasing costs of raw materials as well as water and energy resources scarcity.
• In the Chilean vertical market analysis, frothers presented the highest CAGR for the period 2012 to 2017, accounting forX% growth. By the end of the forecast period, the market revenue is expected to increase by X%.
• The market in Chile is dominated by big multinationals, namely Cytec, SNF Flomin, Clariant, Mathiesen, Orica, Brenntag, or Dow Chemicals, together with local participants that dominate mainly the more commoditized dispersants and depressants sector.
• The mining industry in Brazil represents around % of the country's GDP and generates almostXjobs.
• In 2012 the country reached the same levels of production and sales recorded before the financial crisis. The IBRAM expects a total of $X billion investment for the period between 2010 to 2014.
• Iron ore is the main mineral in which investments are made , accounting for about % of the total.
• New entrants continue to reach the market, including small businesses and mining exploration and service providers.
• The total mining flotation chemicals market in Brazil generated revenues of $X million in 2012, which corresponded to a growth ofX%. When compared to the previous year; this can be attributed to the industry growth during this period.
• In 2017, the market is expected to be valued at $X million, by growing at a CAGR of X% from 2012 to 2017 in terms of revenue.
• Main challenges restraining market growth will be dominated by increasing costs of raw materials as well as water and energy resources scarcity.
1. Domestic and foreign investments in mining projects in Chile are expected to reach $X billion during the 2012 to 2020 period.
2. Constantly decreasing mineral ore grades in Chile and Brazil provoke an increment in mining chemicals demand for mineral processing.
3. Copper and molybdenum production in Chile are tied to BRIC countries stable growth and infrastructure development.
4. Although imported products dominate the market, local presence through labs and technical support are key competitive factors.
5. Costs associated to mining activities such as energy consumption and water scarcity in Chile and Brazil slows market growing pace.
Geographic Coverage: Brazil and Chile
Study Period: 2010-2017
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2017
Monetary Unit: US Dollars
Conversion Rate: BRL X / CLP X = $ X
• The aim of this research service is to provide an in-depth analysis of the mining flotation chemicals market by product category as well as to describe challenges and opportunities.
• The geographic scope of this study is Brazil and Chile.
• The base year for the study is 2012, including historical information (2010 to 2011), and the forecast extends to 2017.
• Market sizing is estimated based on the total mining flotation chemicals market.
The aim of this research service is to understand the Brazilian and Chilean mining flotation chemicals market. The forces that affect the market are discussed and recommendations are provided.
• To understand the Brazilian and Chilean mining flotation chemicals market
• To discuss the market challenges as well as driving and restraining forces that would have an impact in the forecast period
• To provide the overall market revenue, unit shipment and forecasts for the individual mining flotation chemicals market segments
• To assess the competitive structure and distribution channels, and to identify the key success factors for suppliers
• To provide an analysis of the activities in the mining flotation chemicals industry and track the trends in the industry
• To provide manufacturers and suppliers with strategic recommendations as well as market conclusions that are based on the research
• The world market for mining chemicals is projected to reach almost $X billion by 2020.
• According to global industry participants growth will be driven mainly by revival of plenty of feasibility studies and projects that were hampered by mining companies due to the world economic recession, as well as by growing demand for metallic mineral products from developing countries to address their dynamic growing economies.
• In the next Xto X years, legal and regulatory framework related to environmental and safety concerns are expected to orient investments in developing safer and environmentally friendly mining reagents.
• In May 2012, the Clean Mining Alliance was created in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. This non-profit industry association is aimed at "supporting and advocating technological advancements to make the mining industry cleaner and environmentally responsible," according to its founders.
• This organization supports then introduction of new technologies and processes aimed at making mining safer, cleaner and less expensive. Some of these new technologies include membrane-based water filtration, biologic remediation, carbon capture, near-zero emissions processes, closed-loop systems, and other innovation.
• Cytec industries, a global mining chemicals market leader, invests large amounts of its revenue in R&D activities aimed at creating technologies that can decrease the cost of operations, provide better recovery and selectivity, help better manage hard to process ores, prevent or limit employee's exposure to hazards, optimize the use of natural resources, and minimize waste.
• Some examples of these novel mineral processing reagents include are the new line of stronger, more selective and versatile flotation collectors like MAXGOLD™ and AERO XD5002® which are presented as a sustainable alternative to the traditionally used sulphide collectors, such as xanthates that are more effective and reduce the safety, health, and environmental concerns.
Market Overview—Chile Product Scope
Mining Flotation Chemicals:
• Methyl isobutyl carbonyl (MIBC)
• Tall oil
• Propylene glycol
• Alcohol mix
• Xanthates and derivatives
• Mix thiophosphates
• Soda ash
• Sodium silicate
• Sodium hydrosulphide (NaSH)
• Sodium cyanide
• Inorganic thiophosphate
• Others (include mainly Zinc Sulfate, DETA (Diethylenetriamine), Permganates, Ammonium Bisulfite)
• For the Chile segment, only froth flotation mining chemicals utilized for metallic mineral extraction will be considered, namely frothers, collectors, dispersants, and depressants.
• Metallic mining is the most important type in Chile, being this South American country the first global producer of copper, accounting for X% of global production. This is the third most important molybdenum producer, the eight global silver producer and the world's fourteenth most important gold producer.
• The froth flotation process currently has the biggest penetration in the Chilean mining industry.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
How is the value chain of this market? Are distributors playing an important role?
What are the main drivers for the upcoming years in the mining Industry?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is additional development needed?
Whar are the key factors for an end user when chosing a supplier?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Mining Flotation Chemicals Market
• Drivers and Restraints
4. Brazil Breakdown
5. Chile Breakdown
6. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of the Mining Flotation Chemicals Market in Brazil and Chile
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 9, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 130
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 9, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 368
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 9, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 182
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 9, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 224
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 9, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 180
As someone who has been dedicated to automation and Application Release Automation (ARA) technology for almost six years now, one of the most common questions I get asked regards Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Specifically, people want to know whether release automation is still needed when a PaaS is in place, and why. Isn't that what a PaaS provides? A solution to the deployment and runtime challenges of an application? Why would anyone using a PaaS then need an automation engine with workflow ...
Feb. 9, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 162
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 9, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 144
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, will discuss using predictive analytics to ...
Feb. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 384
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 186
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 9, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 399
CIOs and those charged with running IT Operations are challenged to deliver secure, audited, and reliable compute environments for the applications and data for the business. Behind the scenes these tasks are often accomplished by following onerous time-consuming processes and often the management of these environments and processes will be outsourced to multiple IT service providers. In addition, the division of work is often siloed into traditional "towers" that are not well integrated for cro...
Feb. 9, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 474
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 9, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 160
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., focused on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what do...
Feb. 9, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 253