|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 10:37 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), announced today the findings from a study into the impact of IT transformation on the effectiveness and efficiency of enterprise computing. The study, which surveyed more than 600 qualified IT professionals, was based on a blueprint for IT growth and change called the IT Transformation Journey. According to the study, commissioned by Logicalis through the Ponemon Institute, enterprise and midmarket IT organizations become increasingly more effective and cost-efficient as they move through the six stages of the IT Transformation Journey. Responses highlighted concerns that a lack of vision, technology roadmap and budget, or trusted partners can stop IT progress in its tracks.
[See an infographic summarizing key points from this study here: http://www.ict-log.us/song9.]
"CIOs are searching for relevance today, and in many ways, the ability to increase their value to the company is tied inextricably to the stage in which their IT infrastructure resides along the IT Transformation Journey," says Brett Anderson, director of Enterprise Computing Solutions for Logicalis US. "The more developed a company's IT roadmap, the more readily that company is able to adapt to technological changes and new requirements; respond to risks in a proactive, rather than reactive manner; and overcome threats to IT system availability and performance. They may have less infrastructure on premise and be relying on partners more so that it frees their time to concentrate on using technology to benefit the company in more strategic ways."
- IT pros agree they need to move beyond break/fix keeping-the-lights-on activities into more strategic roles. Today, however, over half of the respondents say that there is a lack of vision on how to make the IT function within the organization more effective.
- 60 percent say too much time is spent tracking and compiling IT expenses vs. performing IT analysis.
- 56 percent say IT in their company is constantly engaged in fighting fires.
- 54 percent say there is too much time spent on technical solutions in their organization, and not enough time spent on developing business-focused solutions.
- Organizations in the early stages of the Transformation Journey may find themselves in a difficult position if they haven't allocated enough budget to move to the next stage of their roadmap. However, those in the later stages find the efficiencies of a well-oiled IT infrastructure and the reduction in failures save them impressive amounts of money.
- Stage 1 companies spent an average of about $51 million on IT transformation activities this year, whereas Stage 5 companies spent about $70 million.
- IT system inefficiencies and failures cost Stage 2 companies an average of $45 million as opposed to Stage 6 companies' $21 million over the past year.
- Companies in Stages 3 and 4 are more likely to predict a substantial increase (20 percent or more) in their IT spending over the next 12 months than companies in other stages.
- Having trusted third parties to rely on is critical throughout the IT Transformation Journey, and is an important factor in respondents' ability to demonstrate cost reduction and ROI along the way. This is important in terms of both creating and implementing the roadmap, as well as working with partners when IT systems are shifted to off-premise – and possibly managed service – environments, something that increases as companies move through the Transformation Journey.
- 40 percent say there is a lack of trusted vendors to support the organization's IT transformation.
- 67 percent of Stage 1 respondents and 66 percent in Stage 6 say these trusted relationships are either essential or very important.
- The greatest percentage of IT operations that are on-premise are in Stage 1 and 2 environments (73 percent and 78 percent respectively), while that number decreases dramatically to just 45 percent for Stage 5 and 40 percent for Stage 6 respondents, illustrating a trend for more IT functions to be moved off premise in the later stages, and cementing the need for strong vendor/partner relationships.
Want to Learn More?
- Access the full report, "The Impact of IT Transformation on Enterprise Computing," here: http://www.ict-log.us/sonCx.
- See an infographic summarizing key points from this study here: http://www.ict-log.us/song9.
- Read a Logicalis Optimal Services study examining CIOs' search for relevance and use of services-led transformations to reduce day-to-day tasks here: http://www.ict-log.us/rI4VZ.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration; data center and cloud services; and managed services.
Logicalis employs nearly 3,500 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex ICT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, CA Technologies, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.4 billion from operations in Europe, North America, South America and Asia Pacific and is fast establishing itself as one of the leading IT and Communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of over $5 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
SOURCE Logicalis US
ReadyTalk has expanded the capabilities of the FoxDen collaboration platform announced late last year to include FoxDen Connect, an in-room video collaboration experience that launches with a single touch. With FoxDen Connect, users can now not only engage in HD video conferencing between iOS and Android mobile devices or Chrome browsers, but also set up in-person meeting rooms for video interactions. A host’s mobile device automatically recognizes the presence of a meeting room via beacon tech...
Jul. 29, 2016 12:15 PM EDT
Ovum, a leading technology analyst firm, has published an in-depth report, Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016–17. The report focuses on the automation aspects of DevOps, Release Management and compares solutions from the leading vendors.
Jul. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,824
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,088
On Dice.com, the number of job postings asking for skill in Amazon Web Services increased 76 percent between June 2015 and June 2016. Salesforce.com saw its own skill mentions increase 37 percent, while DevOps and Cloud rose 35 percent and 28 percent, respectively. Even as they expand their presence in the cloud, companies are also looking for tech professionals who can manage projects, crunch data, and figure out how to make systems run more autonomously. Mentions of ‘data science’ as a skill ...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:46 AM EDT Reads: 189
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,229
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,333
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 668
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 495
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 512
UpGuard has become a member of the Center for Internet Security (CIS), and will continue to help businesses expand visibility into their cyber risk by providing hardening benchmarks to all customers. By incorporating these benchmarks, UpGuard's CSTAR solution builds on its lead in providing the most complete assessment of both internal and external cyber risk. CIS benchmarks are a widely accepted set of hardening guidelines that have been publicly available for years. Numerous solutions exist t...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 784
Deploying applications in hybrid cloud environments is hard work. Your team spends most of the time maintaining your infrastructure, configuring dev/test and production environments, and deploying applications across environments – which can be both time consuming and error prone. But what if you could automate provisioning and deployment to deliver error free environments faster? What could you do with your free time?
Jul. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 420
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Jul. 29, 2016 10:53 AM EDT Reads: 268
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Jul. 29, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 491
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,028
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,464