|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 10:37 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), announced today the findings from a study into the impact of IT transformation on the effectiveness and efficiency of enterprise computing. The study, which surveyed more than 600 qualified IT professionals, was based on a blueprint for IT growth and change called the IT Transformation Journey. According to the study, commissioned by Logicalis through the Ponemon Institute, enterprise and midmarket IT organizations become increasingly more effective and cost-efficient as they move through the six stages of the IT Transformation Journey. Responses highlighted concerns that a lack of vision, technology roadmap and budget, or trusted partners can stop IT progress in its tracks.
[See an infographic summarizing key points from this study here: http://www.ict-log.us/song9.]
"CIOs are searching for relevance today, and in many ways, the ability to increase their value to the company is tied inextricably to the stage in which their IT infrastructure resides along the IT Transformation Journey," says Brett Anderson, director of Enterprise Computing Solutions for Logicalis US. "The more developed a company's IT roadmap, the more readily that company is able to adapt to technological changes and new requirements; respond to risks in a proactive, rather than reactive manner; and overcome threats to IT system availability and performance. They may have less infrastructure on premise and be relying on partners more so that it frees their time to concentrate on using technology to benefit the company in more strategic ways."
- IT pros agree they need to move beyond break/fix keeping-the-lights-on activities into more strategic roles. Today, however, over half of the respondents say that there is a lack of vision on how to make the IT function within the organization more effective.
- 60 percent say too much time is spent tracking and compiling IT expenses vs. performing IT analysis.
- 56 percent say IT in their company is constantly engaged in fighting fires.
- 54 percent say there is too much time spent on technical solutions in their organization, and not enough time spent on developing business-focused solutions.
- Organizations in the early stages of the Transformation Journey may find themselves in a difficult position if they haven't allocated enough budget to move to the next stage of their roadmap. However, those in the later stages find the efficiencies of a well-oiled IT infrastructure and the reduction in failures save them impressive amounts of money.
- Stage 1 companies spent an average of about $51 million on IT transformation activities this year, whereas Stage 5 companies spent about $70 million.
- IT system inefficiencies and failures cost Stage 2 companies an average of $45 million as opposed to Stage 6 companies' $21 million over the past year.
- Companies in Stages 3 and 4 are more likely to predict a substantial increase (20 percent or more) in their IT spending over the next 12 months than companies in other stages.
- Having trusted third parties to rely on is critical throughout the IT Transformation Journey, and is an important factor in respondents' ability to demonstrate cost reduction and ROI along the way. This is important in terms of both creating and implementing the roadmap, as well as working with partners when IT systems are shifted to off-premise – and possibly managed service – environments, something that increases as companies move through the Transformation Journey.
- 40 percent say there is a lack of trusted vendors to support the organization's IT transformation.
- 67 percent of Stage 1 respondents and 66 percent in Stage 6 say these trusted relationships are either essential or very important.
- The greatest percentage of IT operations that are on-premise are in Stage 1 and 2 environments (73 percent and 78 percent respectively), while that number decreases dramatically to just 45 percent for Stage 5 and 40 percent for Stage 6 respondents, illustrating a trend for more IT functions to be moved off premise in the later stages, and cementing the need for strong vendor/partner relationships.
Want to Learn More?
- Access the full report, "The Impact of IT Transformation on Enterprise Computing," here: http://www.ict-log.us/sonCx.
- See an infographic summarizing key points from this study here: http://www.ict-log.us/song9.
- Read a Logicalis Optimal Services study examining CIOs' search for relevance and use of services-led transformations to reduce day-to-day tasks here: http://www.ict-log.us/rI4VZ.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration; data center and cloud services; and managed services.
Logicalis employs nearly 3,500 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex ICT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, CA Technologies, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.4 billion from operations in Europe, North America, South America and Asia Pacific and is fast establishing itself as one of the leading IT and Communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of over $5 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
SOURCE Logicalis US
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,359
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 435
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,174
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,517
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,611
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,767
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,758
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,957
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,144
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,937
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,597
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,178
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,116
Most of us already know that adopting new cloud applications can boost a business’s productivity by enabling organizations to be more agile and ready to change course in our fast-moving and connected digital world. But the rapid adoption of cloud apps and services also brings with it profound security threats, including visibility and control challenges that aren’t present in traditional on-premises environments. At the same time, the cloud – because of its interconnected, flexible and adaptable...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,783
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,452