|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 10:37 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), announced today the findings from a study into the impact of IT transformation on the effectiveness and efficiency of enterprise computing. The study, which surveyed more than 600 qualified IT professionals, was based on a blueprint for IT growth and change called the IT Transformation Journey. According to the study, commissioned by Logicalis through the Ponemon Institute, enterprise and midmarket IT organizations become increasingly more effective and cost-efficient as they move through the six stages of the IT Transformation Journey. Responses highlighted concerns that a lack of vision, technology roadmap and budget, or trusted partners can stop IT progress in its tracks.
[See an infographic summarizing key points from this study here: http://www.ict-log.us/song9.]
"CIOs are searching for relevance today, and in many ways, the ability to increase their value to the company is tied inextricably to the stage in which their IT infrastructure resides along the IT Transformation Journey," says Brett Anderson, director of Enterprise Computing Solutions for Logicalis US. "The more developed a company's IT roadmap, the more readily that company is able to adapt to technological changes and new requirements; respond to risks in a proactive, rather than reactive manner; and overcome threats to IT system availability and performance. They may have less infrastructure on premise and be relying on partners more so that it frees their time to concentrate on using technology to benefit the company in more strategic ways."
- IT pros agree they need to move beyond break/fix keeping-the-lights-on activities into more strategic roles. Today, however, over half of the respondents say that there is a lack of vision on how to make the IT function within the organization more effective.
- 60 percent say too much time is spent tracking and compiling IT expenses vs. performing IT analysis.
- 56 percent say IT in their company is constantly engaged in fighting fires.
- 54 percent say there is too much time spent on technical solutions in their organization, and not enough time spent on developing business-focused solutions.
- Organizations in the early stages of the Transformation Journey may find themselves in a difficult position if they haven't allocated enough budget to move to the next stage of their roadmap. However, those in the later stages find the efficiencies of a well-oiled IT infrastructure and the reduction in failures save them impressive amounts of money.
- Stage 1 companies spent an average of about $51 million on IT transformation activities this year, whereas Stage 5 companies spent about $70 million.
- IT system inefficiencies and failures cost Stage 2 companies an average of $45 million as opposed to Stage 6 companies' $21 million over the past year.
- Companies in Stages 3 and 4 are more likely to predict a substantial increase (20 percent or more) in their IT spending over the next 12 months than companies in other stages.
- Having trusted third parties to rely on is critical throughout the IT Transformation Journey, and is an important factor in respondents' ability to demonstrate cost reduction and ROI along the way. This is important in terms of both creating and implementing the roadmap, as well as working with partners when IT systems are shifted to off-premise – and possibly managed service – environments, something that increases as companies move through the Transformation Journey.
- 40 percent say there is a lack of trusted vendors to support the organization's IT transformation.
- 67 percent of Stage 1 respondents and 66 percent in Stage 6 say these trusted relationships are either essential or very important.
- The greatest percentage of IT operations that are on-premise are in Stage 1 and 2 environments (73 percent and 78 percent respectively), while that number decreases dramatically to just 45 percent for Stage 5 and 40 percent for Stage 6 respondents, illustrating a trend for more IT functions to be moved off premise in the later stages, and cementing the need for strong vendor/partner relationships.
Want to Learn More?
- Access the full report, "The Impact of IT Transformation on Enterprise Computing," here: http://www.ict-log.us/sonCx.
- See an infographic summarizing key points from this study here: http://www.ict-log.us/song9.
- Read a Logicalis Optimal Services study examining CIOs' search for relevance and use of services-led transformations to reduce day-to-day tasks here: http://www.ict-log.us/rI4VZ.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration; data center and cloud services; and managed services.
Logicalis employs nearly 3,500 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex ICT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, CA Technologies, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.4 billion from operations in Europe, North America, South America and Asia Pacific and is fast establishing itself as one of the leading IT and Communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of over $5 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
SOURCE Logicalis US
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,463
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 717
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,640
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,407
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 827
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 656
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,943
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 670
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,114
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 824
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,018
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 876
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 762
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 713
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 780