|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 10:37 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), announced today the findings from a study into the impact of IT transformation on the effectiveness and efficiency of enterprise computing. The study, which surveyed more than 600 qualified IT professionals, was based on a blueprint for IT growth and change called the IT Transformation Journey. According to the study, commissioned by Logicalis through the Ponemon Institute, enterprise and midmarket IT organizations become increasingly more effective and cost-efficient as they move through the six stages of the IT Transformation Journey. Responses highlighted concerns that a lack of vision, technology roadmap and budget, or trusted partners can stop IT progress in its tracks.
[See an infographic summarizing key points from this study here: http://www.ict-log.us/song9.]
"CIOs are searching for relevance today, and in many ways, the ability to increase their value to the company is tied inextricably to the stage in which their IT infrastructure resides along the IT Transformation Journey," says Brett Anderson, director of Enterprise Computing Solutions for Logicalis US. "The more developed a company's IT roadmap, the more readily that company is able to adapt to technological changes and new requirements; respond to risks in a proactive, rather than reactive manner; and overcome threats to IT system availability and performance. They may have less infrastructure on premise and be relying on partners more so that it frees their time to concentrate on using technology to benefit the company in more strategic ways."
- IT pros agree they need to move beyond break/fix keeping-the-lights-on activities into more strategic roles. Today, however, over half of the respondents say that there is a lack of vision on how to make the IT function within the organization more effective.
- 60 percent say too much time is spent tracking and compiling IT expenses vs. performing IT analysis.
- 56 percent say IT in their company is constantly engaged in fighting fires.
- 54 percent say there is too much time spent on technical solutions in their organization, and not enough time spent on developing business-focused solutions.
- Organizations in the early stages of the Transformation Journey may find themselves in a difficult position if they haven't allocated enough budget to move to the next stage of their roadmap. However, those in the later stages find the efficiencies of a well-oiled IT infrastructure and the reduction in failures save them impressive amounts of money.
- Stage 1 companies spent an average of about $51 million on IT transformation activities this year, whereas Stage 5 companies spent about $70 million.
- IT system inefficiencies and failures cost Stage 2 companies an average of $45 million as opposed to Stage 6 companies' $21 million over the past year.
- Companies in Stages 3 and 4 are more likely to predict a substantial increase (20 percent or more) in their IT spending over the next 12 months than companies in other stages.
- Having trusted third parties to rely on is critical throughout the IT Transformation Journey, and is an important factor in respondents' ability to demonstrate cost reduction and ROI along the way. This is important in terms of both creating and implementing the roadmap, as well as working with partners when IT systems are shifted to off-premise – and possibly managed service – environments, something that increases as companies move through the Transformation Journey.
- 40 percent say there is a lack of trusted vendors to support the organization's IT transformation.
- 67 percent of Stage 1 respondents and 66 percent in Stage 6 say these trusted relationships are either essential or very important.
- The greatest percentage of IT operations that are on-premise are in Stage 1 and 2 environments (73 percent and 78 percent respectively), while that number decreases dramatically to just 45 percent for Stage 5 and 40 percent for Stage 6 respondents, illustrating a trend for more IT functions to be moved off premise in the later stages, and cementing the need for strong vendor/partner relationships.
Want to Learn More?
- Access the full report, "The Impact of IT Transformation on Enterprise Computing," here: http://www.ict-log.us/sonCx.
- See an infographic summarizing key points from this study here: http://www.ict-log.us/song9.
- Read a Logicalis Optimal Services study examining CIOs' search for relevance and use of services-led transformations to reduce day-to-day tasks here: http://www.ict-log.us/rI4VZ.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration; data center and cloud services; and managed services.
Logicalis employs nearly 3,500 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex ICT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, CA Technologies, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.4 billion from operations in Europe, North America, South America and Asia Pacific and is fast establishing itself as one of the leading IT and Communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of over $5 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
SOURCE Logicalis US
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Jan. 21, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 2,438
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 21, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 1,293
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 21, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 929
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 21, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,946
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 21, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,654
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 21, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,071
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 21, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 3,551
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Jan. 21, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,013
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jan. 21, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 4,043
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT depl...
Jan. 21, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 1,988
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 6,121
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, discussed how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He also discussed how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors an...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,042
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 5,368
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,825
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 6,568