|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 10:47 AM EST||
-- Company Shares Emerging 2014 Trends in VMS Industry
CHICAGO, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Fieldglass, Inc., the global cloud technology leader in flexible workforce management, marked the end of 2013 – its eighth consecutive year of profitability – with significant customer growth, industry recognition and global innovation. This success validates the company's strategy, driven by its tenured management team that has guided its best-in-class Vendor Management System (VMS) technology and consultative services for the last 15 years.
- In addition to being named the largest VMS provider by Staffing Industry Analysts' annual report for the fifth consecutive year, Fieldglass reported 69 new customer awards in 2013. The growth demonstrates that organizations of varying program sizes, scope and geographic reach continue to find that Fieldglass is the best long-term partner for their needs. This new business also further extends the company's stronghold as the preferred VMS provider within a number of key industries including pharmaceutical, energy, financial services and telecommunications.
- Multiple award programs recognized Fieldglass for both its product innovation and strategic vision this past year. Fieldglass won the CODiE award for "Best Human Capital/Talent Management Solution" for its VMS' usability as well as ease and speed of implementation. Also noteworthy, the company won the Illinois Technology Association CityLIGHTS "Lighthouse" award for its part in elevating Chicago's technology community through product, business and industry leadership.
- Demonstrating its broad, global use, the Fieldglass VMS was accessed by two million new users and in 15 languages in 2013. To support this growth, the company extended its customer support offerings to include a multi-lingual, 24/7 helpdesk to serve users in more than 100 countries.
Anticipated 2014 Trends:
- Fieldglass customers are taking a mature, strategic approach to their flexible labor programs in 2014. With the core part of the contingent workforce now stabilized, companies are seeking additional opportunities to improve their programs via category-specific supplier management practices and advanced analytics using data modeling and optimization.
- A strong trend that will undoubtedly continue to grow is a greater emphasis on SOW spend management. Validating its pioneering, pattern-based approach and significant technology investments, Fieldglass customer adoption of SOW grew by 80 percent in 2013.
- Many customers are using the Fieldglass VMS to drive compliance to the European Union's Agency Workers Directive and its country-specific interpretations. As the largest and most-tenured VMS in the major European markets, Fieldglass has established a set of implementation best practices that will likely drive higher VMS adoption in Western Europe in particular.
ABOUT FIELDGLASS, INC.
Fieldglass' innovative, cloud-based Vendor Management System (VMS) allows organizations to better procure, manage and optimize their global flexible workforces, including contingent labor, services managed through Statements of Work and independent contractors.
Fieldglass consistently leads the VMS industry in total spend and global footprint, according to Staffing Industry Analysts. GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Monsanto, Rio Tinto and Salesforce.com are among the 250+ organizations that leverage Fieldglass to achieve total workforce visibility. Customers have access to best practices, unmatched expertise and the largest VMS user community to optimize all areas of services procurement including complex spend, worker quality, corporate and external compliance and contingent workforce program efficiencies. For more information, visit www.fieldglass.com.
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Jul. 24, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,960
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 24, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,941
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Jul. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,902
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Jul. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,624
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Jul. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,116
"We view the cloud not really as a specific technology but as a way of doing business and that way of doing business is transforming the way software, infrastructure and services are being delivered to business," explained Matthew Rosen, CEO and Director at Fusion, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,463
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,457
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,846
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,687
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,049
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., and Logan Best, Infrastructure & Network Engineer at Webair, focused on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He gave an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He also outlined what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix ...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,706
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,854
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,927
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yoseph Reuveni, Director of Software Engineering at Jet.com, will discuss Jet.com's journey into containerizing Microsoft-based technologies like C# and F# into Docker. He will talk about lessons learned and challenges faced, the Mono framework tryout and how they deployed everything into Azure cloud. Yoseph Reuveni is a technology leader with unique experience developing and running high throughput (over 1M tps) distributed systems with extre...
Jul. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,034
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,756