|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 10:47 AM EST||
-- Company Shares Emerging 2014 Trends in VMS Industry
CHICAGO, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Fieldglass, Inc., the global cloud technology leader in flexible workforce management, marked the end of 2013 – its eighth consecutive year of profitability – with significant customer growth, industry recognition and global innovation. This success validates the company's strategy, driven by its tenured management team that has guided its best-in-class Vendor Management System (VMS) technology and consultative services for the last 15 years.
- In addition to being named the largest VMS provider by Staffing Industry Analysts' annual report for the fifth consecutive year, Fieldglass reported 69 new customer awards in 2013. The growth demonstrates that organizations of varying program sizes, scope and geographic reach continue to find that Fieldglass is the best long-term partner for their needs. This new business also further extends the company's stronghold as the preferred VMS provider within a number of key industries including pharmaceutical, energy, financial services and telecommunications.
- Multiple award programs recognized Fieldglass for both its product innovation and strategic vision this past year. Fieldglass won the CODiE award for "Best Human Capital/Talent Management Solution" for its VMS' usability as well as ease and speed of implementation. Also noteworthy, the company won the Illinois Technology Association CityLIGHTS "Lighthouse" award for its part in elevating Chicago's technology community through product, business and industry leadership.
- Demonstrating its broad, global use, the Fieldglass VMS was accessed by two million new users and in 15 languages in 2013. To support this growth, the company extended its customer support offerings to include a multi-lingual, 24/7 helpdesk to serve users in more than 100 countries.
Anticipated 2014 Trends:
- Fieldglass customers are taking a mature, strategic approach to their flexible labor programs in 2014. With the core part of the contingent workforce now stabilized, companies are seeking additional opportunities to improve their programs via category-specific supplier management practices and advanced analytics using data modeling and optimization.
- A strong trend that will undoubtedly continue to grow is a greater emphasis on SOW spend management. Validating its pioneering, pattern-based approach and significant technology investments, Fieldglass customer adoption of SOW grew by 80 percent in 2013.
- Many customers are using the Fieldglass VMS to drive compliance to the European Union's Agency Workers Directive and its country-specific interpretations. As the largest and most-tenured VMS in the major European markets, Fieldglass has established a set of implementation best practices that will likely drive higher VMS adoption in Western Europe in particular.
ABOUT FIELDGLASS, INC.
Fieldglass' innovative, cloud-based Vendor Management System (VMS) allows organizations to better procure, manage and optimize their global flexible workforces, including contingent labor, services managed through Statements of Work and independent contractors.
Fieldglass consistently leads the VMS industry in total spend and global footprint, according to Staffing Industry Analysts. GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Monsanto, Rio Tinto and Salesforce.com are among the 250+ organizations that leverage Fieldglass to achieve total workforce visibility. Customers have access to best practices, unmatched expertise and the largest VMS user community to optimize all areas of services procurement including complex spend, worker quality, corporate and external compliance and contingent workforce program efficiencies. For more information, visit www.fieldglass.com.
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 11, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,168
"We are a leader in the market space called network visibility solutions - it enables monitoring tools and Big Data analysis to access the data and be able to see the performance," explained Shay Morag, VP of Sales and Marketing at Niagara Networks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 11, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 647
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 11, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 874
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smart...
Dec. 11, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 1,145
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 11, 2016 03:00 AM EST Reads: 799
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for s...
Dec. 11, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 914
In IT, we sometimes coin terms for things before we know exactly what they are and how they’ll be used. The resulting terms may capture a common set of aspirations and goals – as “cloud” did broadly for on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing. But such a term can also lump together diverse and even competing practices, technologies, and priorities to the point where important distinctions are glossed over and lost.
Dec. 11, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,804
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 11, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,300
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 11, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,060
"We are a custom software development, engineering firm. We specialize in cloud applications from helping customers that have on-premise applications migrating to the cloud, to helping customers design brand new apps in the cloud. And we specialize in mobile apps," explained Peter Di Stefano, Vice President of Marketing at Impiger Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 11, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 755
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 11, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,055
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 11, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 1,754
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 11, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,348
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,133
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,403