|By Marketwired .||
|February 4, 2014 11:48 AM EST||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/04/14 -- On February 9th, 1964, at 8:00pm, The Beatles, a rock band from Liverpool, launched the British Invasion when it performed live on the Ed Sullivan Show in New York City. Their performance changed the world. This year we mark the 50th anniversary of the Fab Four's unforgettable debut in the U.S. In honor of this milestone, the travel experts at Cheapflights.com, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, salute the global legacy of The Beatles with their Top 10 Beatles Fan Destinations around the World.
Arguably no band had as much an influence on the musical, fashion, political and culture scene as The Beatles, and, 50 years later, the impact of this iconic foursome continues. As we celebrate The Beatles' debut in the U.S. we turn our eyes to top fan destinations located in the U.S. and the country that brought us the Fab Four -- the United Kingdom.
- Liverpool, England, United Kingdom - Nothing says The Beatles like the birthplace of the Fab Four. Liverpool has become a hot spot for travelers looking to immerse themselves in the roots of The Beatles. Whether you tag along on a group tour, which are in abundance across the city, or you set out solo, must-sees include The Beatles Story Museum, the original Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, the childhood homes of John and Paul and St. Peter's Church. The original Cavern Club, where The Beatles played in their early days, is no longer in existence, but visit its replica across the street for tours and merchandise.
- New York, N.Y., United States - Directly across from where John Lennon was murdered in 1980 is a section of Central Park known as the Strawberry Fields Memorial. The iconic "Imagine" mosaic at Strawberry Fields is famously decorated year round and has become a place for people to pay their respects. In addition to visiting the memorial, Beatles fans can recreate photo ops at the Statue of Liberty, see the Ed Sullivan Theater where the foursome first played in the United States in 1964, and check out the residences of Yoko and John in the Village and at West 72nd Street.
- London, England, United Kingdom - It's hard to imagine a more iconic Beatles destination than Abbey Road, where the band did most of its recording from the early sixties until 1970. While Abbey Road studio is closed to the public, it provides a live, 24-hour stream of the zebra crossing made famous by The Beatles' Abbey Road album cover. Additionally, there are extensive tours for daytrippers covering London, including the My Life Walk and Magical Mystery Tour, covering hot spots like The Beatles Coffee Shop, film locations for "A Hard Day's Night" and more.
- Cleveland, Ohio, United States - The Beatles might not be synonymous with Cleveland, but as home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, this locale offers plenty of Beatles-inspired opportunities for fans - young and old. The Beatles exhibit is extensive, with more than 70 artifacts, including John Lennon's Gibson guitar, self-portraits done by Stuart Sutcliffe and birthday cards among band members. Plus, check out other exhibits at the Hall of Fame, telling the history of other beloved rock and roll musicians.
- Las Vegas, Nev., United States - Las Vegas is a hot spot for music entertainment and theatrical shows; it's also home to Cirque du Soleil's Beatles-inspired production, "Love." A loose biography based on the band, "Love" incorporates theater punctuated by Beatles favorites and celebrates their legacy. During the creation of "Love" there was significant involvement from Paul, Ringo and the surviving widows of John and George for more than three years. "Love" has become a popular spectacle for fans to bask in the history and music of the Fab Four.
The Beatles impact circled the globe so our list of top fan destinations also includes Hamburg, Germany; Riviera Maya, Mexico; Rishikesh, India; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Prague, Czech Republic. To read the complete details on Cheapflights.com's Top 10 Beatles Fan Destinations around the World, visit www.cheapflights.com/news/top-10-beatles-fan-destinations-around-the-world.
About Cheapflights.com, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 13 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.com) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2511438
Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said "No to LUNs." With Tintri they manage only virtual machines, in a fraction of the footprint and at far lower cost than conventional storage. Tintri offers the choice of all-flash or hybrid-flash platform, converged or stand-alone structure and any hypervisor. Rather than obsess with storage, leaders focus on the business app...
Feb. 27, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 518
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Feb. 27, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 774
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Feb. 27, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 7,946
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 7,351
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 1,569
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 2,237
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,933
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,584
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,168
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 27, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 2,230
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 27, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,114
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Feb. 27, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 461
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Feb. 27, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 8,299
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed ...
Feb. 27, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 639
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 27, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 597