|By Marketwired .||
|February 4, 2014 11:48 AM EST||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/04/14 -- On February 9th, 1964, at 8:00pm, The Beatles, a rock band from Liverpool, launched the British Invasion when it performed live on the Ed Sullivan Show in New York City. Their performance changed the world. This year we mark the 50th anniversary of the Fab Four's unforgettable debut in the U.S. In honor of this milestone, the travel experts at Cheapflights.com, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, salute the global legacy of The Beatles with their Top 10 Beatles Fan Destinations around the World.
Arguably no band had as much an influence on the musical, fashion, political and culture scene as The Beatles, and, 50 years later, the impact of this iconic foursome continues. As we celebrate The Beatles' debut in the U.S. we turn our eyes to top fan destinations located in the U.S. and the country that brought us the Fab Four -- the United Kingdom.
- Liverpool, England, United Kingdom - Nothing says The Beatles like the birthplace of the Fab Four. Liverpool has become a hot spot for travelers looking to immerse themselves in the roots of The Beatles. Whether you tag along on a group tour, which are in abundance across the city, or you set out solo, must-sees include The Beatles Story Museum, the original Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, the childhood homes of John and Paul and St. Peter's Church. The original Cavern Club, where The Beatles played in their early days, is no longer in existence, but visit its replica across the street for tours and merchandise.
- New York, N.Y., United States - Directly across from where John Lennon was murdered in 1980 is a section of Central Park known as the Strawberry Fields Memorial. The iconic "Imagine" mosaic at Strawberry Fields is famously decorated year round and has become a place for people to pay their respects. In addition to visiting the memorial, Beatles fans can recreate photo ops at the Statue of Liberty, see the Ed Sullivan Theater where the foursome first played in the United States in 1964, and check out the residences of Yoko and John in the Village and at West 72nd Street.
- London, England, United Kingdom - It's hard to imagine a more iconic Beatles destination than Abbey Road, where the band did most of its recording from the early sixties until 1970. While Abbey Road studio is closed to the public, it provides a live, 24-hour stream of the zebra crossing made famous by The Beatles' Abbey Road album cover. Additionally, there are extensive tours for daytrippers covering London, including the My Life Walk and Magical Mystery Tour, covering hot spots like The Beatles Coffee Shop, film locations for "A Hard Day's Night" and more.
- Cleveland, Ohio, United States - The Beatles might not be synonymous with Cleveland, but as home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, this locale offers plenty of Beatles-inspired opportunities for fans - young and old. The Beatles exhibit is extensive, with more than 70 artifacts, including John Lennon's Gibson guitar, self-portraits done by Stuart Sutcliffe and birthday cards among band members. Plus, check out other exhibits at the Hall of Fame, telling the history of other beloved rock and roll musicians.
- Las Vegas, Nev., United States - Las Vegas is a hot spot for music entertainment and theatrical shows; it's also home to Cirque du Soleil's Beatles-inspired production, "Love." A loose biography based on the band, "Love" incorporates theater punctuated by Beatles favorites and celebrates their legacy. During the creation of "Love" there was significant involvement from Paul, Ringo and the surviving widows of John and George for more than three years. "Love" has become a popular spectacle for fans to bask in the history and music of the Fab Four.
The Beatles impact circled the globe so our list of top fan destinations also includes Hamburg, Germany; Riviera Maya, Mexico; Rishikesh, India; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Prague, Czech Republic. To read the complete details on Cheapflights.com's Top 10 Beatles Fan Destinations around the World, visit www.cheapflights.com/news/top-10-beatles-fan-destinations-around-the-world.
About Cheapflights.com, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 13 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.com) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2511438
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,564
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,229
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 25, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 25, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,435
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 25, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,543
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,524
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Sep. 25, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,749
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Sep. 25, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,390
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,577
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,518
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Sep. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,517
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,603
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 830
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,464
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,384