|By Marketwired .||
|February 4, 2014 11:48 AM EST||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/04/14 -- On February 9th, 1964, at 8:00pm, The Beatles, a rock band from Liverpool, launched the British Invasion when it performed live on the Ed Sullivan Show in New York City. Their performance changed the world. This year we mark the 50th anniversary of the Fab Four's unforgettable debut in the U.S. In honor of this milestone, the travel experts at Cheapflights.com, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, salute the global legacy of The Beatles with their Top 10 Beatles Fan Destinations around the World.
Arguably no band had as much an influence on the musical, fashion, political and culture scene as The Beatles, and, 50 years later, the impact of this iconic foursome continues. As we celebrate The Beatles' debut in the U.S. we turn our eyes to top fan destinations located in the U.S. and the country that brought us the Fab Four -- the United Kingdom.
- Liverpool, England, United Kingdom - Nothing says The Beatles like the birthplace of the Fab Four. Liverpool has become a hot spot for travelers looking to immerse themselves in the roots of The Beatles. Whether you tag along on a group tour, which are in abundance across the city, or you set out solo, must-sees include The Beatles Story Museum, the original Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, the childhood homes of John and Paul and St. Peter's Church. The original Cavern Club, where The Beatles played in their early days, is no longer in existence, but visit its replica across the street for tours and merchandise.
- New York, N.Y., United States - Directly across from where John Lennon was murdered in 1980 is a section of Central Park known as the Strawberry Fields Memorial. The iconic "Imagine" mosaic at Strawberry Fields is famously decorated year round and has become a place for people to pay their respects. In addition to visiting the memorial, Beatles fans can recreate photo ops at the Statue of Liberty, see the Ed Sullivan Theater where the foursome first played in the United States in 1964, and check out the residences of Yoko and John in the Village and at West 72nd Street.
- London, England, United Kingdom - It's hard to imagine a more iconic Beatles destination than Abbey Road, where the band did most of its recording from the early sixties until 1970. While Abbey Road studio is closed to the public, it provides a live, 24-hour stream of the zebra crossing made famous by The Beatles' Abbey Road album cover. Additionally, there are extensive tours for daytrippers covering London, including the My Life Walk and Magical Mystery Tour, covering hot spots like The Beatles Coffee Shop, film locations for "A Hard Day's Night" and more.
- Cleveland, Ohio, United States - The Beatles might not be synonymous with Cleveland, but as home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, this locale offers plenty of Beatles-inspired opportunities for fans - young and old. The Beatles exhibit is extensive, with more than 70 artifacts, including John Lennon's Gibson guitar, self-portraits done by Stuart Sutcliffe and birthday cards among band members. Plus, check out other exhibits at the Hall of Fame, telling the history of other beloved rock and roll musicians.
- Las Vegas, Nev., United States - Las Vegas is a hot spot for music entertainment and theatrical shows; it's also home to Cirque du Soleil's Beatles-inspired production, "Love." A loose biography based on the band, "Love" incorporates theater punctuated by Beatles favorites and celebrates their legacy. During the creation of "Love" there was significant involvement from Paul, Ringo and the surviving widows of John and George for more than three years. "Love" has become a popular spectacle for fans to bask in the history and music of the Fab Four.
The Beatles impact circled the globe so our list of top fan destinations also includes Hamburg, Germany; Riviera Maya, Mexico; Rishikesh, India; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Prague, Czech Republic. To read the complete details on Cheapflights.com's Top 10 Beatles Fan Destinations around the World, visit www.cheapflights.com/news/top-10-beatles-fan-destinations-around-the-world.
About Cheapflights.com, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 13 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.com) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2511438
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,757
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,361
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 421
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,882
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,458
"MathFreeOn.com is a line coding platform for engineers and scientists. When they want to solve an engineering problem and they have to use software - they have to pay a lot of money for licenses - but with MathFreeOn you don't have to pay a lot of money. Just go to our site and write the code and you can check the result right away," explained Simon Lee, CMO of MathFreeOn, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Cla...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 371
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,054
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,860
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,288
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, provideed economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session also included a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 584
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,231
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 978
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 861
Infrastructure is widely available, but who’s managing inbound/outbound traffic? Data is created, stored, and managed online – who is protecting it and how? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Jaeson Yoo, SVP of Business Development at Penta Security Systems Inc., discussed how to keep any and all infrastructure clean, safe, and efficient by monitoring and filtering all malicious HTTP/HTTPS traffic at the OSI Layer 7. Stop attacks and web intruders before they can enter your network.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 383
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,012