|By Marketwired .||
|February 4, 2014 11:48 AM EST||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/04/14 -- On February 9th, 1964, at 8:00pm, The Beatles, a rock band from Liverpool, launched the British Invasion when it performed live on the Ed Sullivan Show in New York City. Their performance changed the world. This year we mark the 50th anniversary of the Fab Four's unforgettable debut in the U.S. In honor of this milestone, the travel experts at Cheapflights.com, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, salute the global legacy of The Beatles with their Top 10 Beatles Fan Destinations around the World.
Arguably no band had as much an influence on the musical, fashion, political and culture scene as The Beatles, and, 50 years later, the impact of this iconic foursome continues. As we celebrate The Beatles' debut in the U.S. we turn our eyes to top fan destinations located in the U.S. and the country that brought us the Fab Four -- the United Kingdom.
- Liverpool, England, United Kingdom - Nothing says The Beatles like the birthplace of the Fab Four. Liverpool has become a hot spot for travelers looking to immerse themselves in the roots of The Beatles. Whether you tag along on a group tour, which are in abundance across the city, or you set out solo, must-sees include The Beatles Story Museum, the original Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, the childhood homes of John and Paul and St. Peter's Church. The original Cavern Club, where The Beatles played in their early days, is no longer in existence, but visit its replica across the street for tours and merchandise.
- New York, N.Y., United States - Directly across from where John Lennon was murdered in 1980 is a section of Central Park known as the Strawberry Fields Memorial. The iconic "Imagine" mosaic at Strawberry Fields is famously decorated year round and has become a place for people to pay their respects. In addition to visiting the memorial, Beatles fans can recreate photo ops at the Statue of Liberty, see the Ed Sullivan Theater where the foursome first played in the United States in 1964, and check out the residences of Yoko and John in the Village and at West 72nd Street.
- London, England, United Kingdom - It's hard to imagine a more iconic Beatles destination than Abbey Road, where the band did most of its recording from the early sixties until 1970. While Abbey Road studio is closed to the public, it provides a live, 24-hour stream of the zebra crossing made famous by The Beatles' Abbey Road album cover. Additionally, there are extensive tours for daytrippers covering London, including the My Life Walk and Magical Mystery Tour, covering hot spots like The Beatles Coffee Shop, film locations for "A Hard Day's Night" and more.
- Cleveland, Ohio, United States - The Beatles might not be synonymous with Cleveland, but as home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, this locale offers plenty of Beatles-inspired opportunities for fans - young and old. The Beatles exhibit is extensive, with more than 70 artifacts, including John Lennon's Gibson guitar, self-portraits done by Stuart Sutcliffe and birthday cards among band members. Plus, check out other exhibits at the Hall of Fame, telling the history of other beloved rock and roll musicians.
- Las Vegas, Nev., United States - Las Vegas is a hot spot for music entertainment and theatrical shows; it's also home to Cirque du Soleil's Beatles-inspired production, "Love." A loose biography based on the band, "Love" incorporates theater punctuated by Beatles favorites and celebrates their legacy. During the creation of "Love" there was significant involvement from Paul, Ringo and the surviving widows of John and George for more than three years. "Love" has become a popular spectacle for fans to bask in the history and music of the Fab Four.
The Beatles impact circled the globe so our list of top fan destinations also includes Hamburg, Germany; Riviera Maya, Mexico; Rishikesh, India; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Prague, Czech Republic. To read the complete details on Cheapflights.com's Top 10 Beatles Fan Destinations around the World, visit www.cheapflights.com/news/top-10-beatles-fan-destinations-around-the-world.
About Cheapflights.com, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 13 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.com) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2511438
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Apr. 30, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,808
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Apr. 30, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,617
Everyone wants to use containers, but monitoring containers is hard. New ephemeral architecture introduces new challenges in how monitoring tools need to monitor and visualize containers, so your team can make sense of everything. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, David Gildeh, co-founder and CEO of Outlyer, will go through the challenges and show there is light at the end of the tunnel if you use the right tools and understand what you need to be monitoring to successfully use containers in your...
Apr. 30, 2017 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,385
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 30, 2017 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,650
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Apr. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,207
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Val...
Apr. 30, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 9,452
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Apr. 30, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 6,256
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,789
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 9,268
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,433
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 30, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,107
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 16,438
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,469
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 30, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,041
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 30, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,220