|By Business Wire||
|February 4, 2014 02:29 PM EST||
Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its new Cloud Service Strategies: North American Enterprise Survey, which explores enterprises’ plans for the adoption and usage of cloud services.
"Hybrid cloud is the next evolution in cloud architecture, with adoption among enterprises expected to more than double by 2015," notes Cliff Grossner, Ph.D., directing analyst for data center and cloud at Infonetics Research.
Grossner continues: “The transformation to the cloud is spelling disruption and opportunity for network equipment vendors, who would be wise to demonstrate how their offerings can be part of a hybrid cloud environment where interoperability between network management, server virtualization, and data center orchestration platforms are critical factors for success.”
CLOUD SERVICE SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Among Infonetics’ enterprise survey respondents, the top drivers for cloud adoption are performance, agility, scalability, and cost reduction
- Enterprises’ mix of cloud services is changing: Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and cloud-as-a-service (CaaS) have the largest increases in adoption between 2013 and 2015
- Just over half of respondents believe that shifting to the cloud will make it necessary to consider alternate network vendors
- 83% of enterprises surveyed rate service and support a very important criterion for choosing a cloud service provider, followed closely by experience and pricing structure
- Cloud adoption is impacting enterprise IT investments, with not only the WAN—but also the LAN—high on the list for upgrades
CLOUD SURVEY SYNOPSIS
For its 38-page cloud service strategies survey published in January 2014, Infonetics interviewed purchase-decision makers at 106 North American enterprises about their current usage of cloud services, as well as their plans for deploying cloud-based services through 2015. Survey participants were asked about cloud services (IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, SaaS) deployment drivers and barriers, uses, technologies, architectures (public, private, community, hybrid), and vendors. To buy the survey, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Virtual servers and switches to dominate data center by 2015, paving the way to SDN
- New Infonetics report projects data center and enterprise SDN market will top $3B by 2017
- NSA spygate underscores need for multi-layered security in the data center – new report
- Virtual solutions open door for growth in application delivery controller market
- Service provider capex increasing 6% in 2013, ignited by BRIC countries; revenue to hit $2T
UPCOMING DATA CENTER AND CLOUD MARKET FORECASTS AND SURVEYS
- Analyst Note: 2014 Outlook: SDN Ushers in the Era of Automation (Jan.)
- Data Center Network Equipment - 1Q14 (Feb.)
- SAN and Converged Data Center Network Equipment - 1Q14 (Mar.)
- Cloud and CPE Managed Security Services (Mar.)
- Data Center Security Strategies and Vendor Leadership Enterprise Survey (Mar.)
- Cloud Service Strategies: North America Enterprise Survey (June)
- Cashing in on Carrier Wi-Fi (Feb 11: Attend)
- Adding Value to the Network with Integrated Policy and Charging (Feb 18: Attend)
- Using SDN to Optimize the Corporate Network (Mar. 13: Attend)
- SDN and NFV: The Nitty Gritty (Mar. 18: Attend)
- Unified Communications in the Cloud (View on demand)
- Enterprise Shift to the Cloud Agility to Meet Business Requirements (June 3: Sponsor)
- The New Data Center Network Edge: The vSwitch (Dec. 2: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, [email protected], +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, [email protected], +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, [email protected], +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,714
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,401
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 658
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,920
Sep. 30, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,880
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,234
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,067
Sep. 30, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,747
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,934
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,625
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,432
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,638
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,389
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,083
Sep. 30, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,192