|By ACN Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 10:32 PM EST||
Singapore, Feb 5, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - Singapore Exchange (SGX) today said securities and derivatives trading volumes declined while its clearing activities grew in January.
- Total value of securities traded was $22.5 billion, down 44% from $40.1 billion last year; daily average value declined to $1.1 billion from $1.8 billion.
- A total of 44 bonds were listed, raising $23.8 billion, an increase of 18% year-on-year. The biggest debts listed were 2 Indonesian sovereign bond issues, namely the US$2 billion 5.875% Notes due 2024 and US$2 billion 6.75% Notes due 2044.
- There were 5 new IPOs in January raising $412 million, compared with $10 million raised from 1 IPO in January 2013.
- Derivatives volume declined 7% year-on-year to 8.8 million contracts.
- Open interest at end-January rose 6% from a year earlier to 3.1 million contracts.
- China A50 futures volume rose 21% to 2.4 million contracts, MSCI Taiwan futures trading declined 14% to 1.4 million contracts while Nikkei 225 futures trading was down 29% to 2.4 million contracts. The MSCI Indonesia futures volume more than doubled to 23,916 contracts.
- Volume of SGX AsiaClear commodities cleared more than doubled year-on-year to 108,710 contracts.
- Volume of iron ore swaps, futures and options cleared more than doubled from a year earlier to a record 98,348 contracts. Open interest also hit a monthly record of 87,519 contracts.
- SICOM rubber futures volume increased 6% from a year earlier to 28,049 contracts.
About Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is the Asian Gateway, connecting investors in search of Asian growth to corporate issuers in search of global capital. SGX represents the premier access point for managing Asian capital and investment exposure, and is Asia's most international exchange with more than 40% of companies listed on SGX originating outside of Singapore. SGX offers its clients the world's biggest offshore market for Asian equity index futures, centred on Asia's three largest economies - China, India and Japan.
In addition to offering a fully integrated value chain from trading and clearing, to settlement and depository services, SGX is also Asia's pioneering central clearing house. Headquartered in Asia's most globalised city, and centred within the AAA strength and stability of Singapore's island nation, SGX is a peerless Asian counterparty for the clearing of financial and commodity products. For more information, please visit www.sgx.com.
Source: Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Carolyn Lim Marketing & Communications Tel: +65 6236 8139 Email: [email protected] Loh Wei Ling Marketing & Communications Tel: +65 6236 8157 Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
Jul. 28, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,221
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,403
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,011
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,146
Jul. 27, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,403
Jul. 27, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,658
Jul. 27, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,997
Jul. 27, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,169
Jul. 27, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 303
Jul. 27, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,030
Jul. 27, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,101
Jul. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,064
Jul. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,169
Jul. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,683
Actian Corporation has announced the latest version of the Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) database, generally available at the end of July. VectorH is based on the same query engine that powers Actian Vector, which recently doubled the TPC-H benchmark record for non-clustered systems at the 3000GB scale factor (see tpc.org/3323). The ability to easily ingest information from different data sources and rapidly develop queries to make better business decisions is becoming increasingly importan...
Jul. 27, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 876