|By PR Newswire||
|February 5, 2014 09:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Light Reading (www.lightreading.com), the market-leading online community for the global communications sector, today unveiled the telecommunications luminaries that will provide vision, understanding, and awareness on the hottest trends in the industry at The Big Telecom Event (BTE) (www.bigtelecomevent.com/chicago/). BTE is a demo space and conference that brings real-world, cutting-edge technology demonstrations and insight to communications service provider executives.
"The telecom industry is in the midst of dramatic change, and for the BTE, we are bringing together many of the leaders of that change," says Carol Wilson, Editor-at-Large, Light Reading. "Our speaker roster includes those heavily engaged in shaping virtualization, mobile network expansion, and transformation of network operations."
- Axel Clauberg, Vice President, IP & Optical, Deutsche Telekom, and a Board Member of the Open Networking Foundation, has 32 years of networking and computing experience and is highly regarded for his software-defined networking knowledge.
- Bikash Koley is the Principal Architect and Manager of Network Architecture at Google, where he is focused on network infrastructure scaling, optimization, and reliability. Prior to Google, he was the co-founder and CTO of Qstreams Networks and spent several years at Ciena Corp. in various technical roles developing DWDM and Ethernet technologies. He is also active in various networking standards bodies.
- Diego Lopez, Senior Technology Expert at Telefónica SA, will present a keynote address. He is currently focused on identifying and evaluating new opportunities in technologies applicable to network infrastructures, and the coordination of national and international collaboration activities. His current interests are related to network infrastructural services, new network architectures, and network programmability and virtualization.
- Yiannis Argyropoulos, Principal Member of Technical Staff at AT&T, is responsible for the Cellsite Backhaul and Small Cell Architecture for AT&T's Mobility division. He has more than 20 years experience in wireless in the areas of analysis and design of wireless systems, and the performance analysis and architecture of networks and protocols.
- Klaus Martiny, Senior Project Manager at Deutsche Telekom, is focused on the future of network operations systems. He has more than 37 years of telecommunications experience. He is also an affiliate of NGMN (Next-Generation Mobile Networks) and NGCOR (Next-Gen Converged Operations Requirements).
- Kevin McGinnis is the Vice President of Product Development & Operations for Pinsight Media+, a mobile media company, powered by Sprint, which delivers unique mobile advertising, mobile commerce, and analytic services.
- Randy Nicklas, Executive Vice President of Engineering and Chief Technology Officer at Windstream has extensive experience in the design, implementation, and integration of large-scale IP/MPLS backbones, VoIP soft switch and feature server platforms, metro Ethernet networks, and transport networks.
- Ron Mudry, Founder and CEO of TowerCloud, has more than 29 years of experience in the telecommunications industry. He was also founding CEO of Progress Telecom where he created an industry-leading provider of fiber and backhaul services.
- Glenn Wellbrock, Director, Optical Transport Networks Architecture & Design at Verizon, is responsible for the development of new technologies for both metro and long-haul transport infrastructures. He has more than 20 years of experience within network operations, product architecture, and product planning.
The Big Telecom Event combines the educational power of interactive conference sessions devised and hosted by Heavy Reading's experienced industry analysts, with multi-vendor interoperability and proof-of-concept networking and application showcases. BTE is geared toward helping attendees better understand concepts such as software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), small-cell architectures, next-generation policy and charging, big-data analytics, and mobile network security.
BTE sponsors include: ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Champion ONE, Ciena, Cyan, Fujitsu, Infinera, MRV, SpiderCloud, Support.com, Symantec, and Transition Networks.
The Big Telecom Event will take place on June 17 and 18 at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. Speaking and sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information contact: [email protected].
About Light Reading
Light Reading (www.lightreading.com) combines its research-led online communities and targeted events portfolio to help those in the global communications industry make informed decisions. Lightreading.com is the ultimate source for telecom analysis for more than 350,000 subscribers each month, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content, and reputation. Light Reading produces targeted communications events and focused one-day conferences each year for cable, mobile, and wireline executives across five continents.
Beyond Words Communications Inc.
617 739 1769
SOURCE Light Reading
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 10, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 4,119
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,070
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,936
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,515
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 992
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,043
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 973
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 10, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 2,351
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 10, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,391
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,347
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,810
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,899
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, attendees learned about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how ...
Dec. 10, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,316
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Dec. 10, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 899
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 915