|By PR Newswire||
|February 5, 2014 09:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Light Reading (www.lightreading.com), the market-leading online community for the global communications sector, today unveiled the telecommunications luminaries that will provide vision, understanding, and awareness on the hottest trends in the industry at The Big Telecom Event (BTE) (www.bigtelecomevent.com/chicago/). BTE is a demo space and conference that brings real-world, cutting-edge technology demonstrations and insight to communications service provider executives.
"The telecom industry is in the midst of dramatic change, and for the BTE, we are bringing together many of the leaders of that change," says Carol Wilson, Editor-at-Large, Light Reading. "Our speaker roster includes those heavily engaged in shaping virtualization, mobile network expansion, and transformation of network operations."
- Axel Clauberg, Vice President, IP & Optical, Deutsche Telekom, and a Board Member of the Open Networking Foundation, has 32 years of networking and computing experience and is highly regarded for his software-defined networking knowledge.
- Bikash Koley is the Principal Architect and Manager of Network Architecture at Google, where he is focused on network infrastructure scaling, optimization, and reliability. Prior to Google, he was the co-founder and CTO of Qstreams Networks and spent several years at Ciena Corp. in various technical roles developing DWDM and Ethernet technologies. He is also active in various networking standards bodies.
- Diego Lopez, Senior Technology Expert at Telefónica SA, will present a keynote address. He is currently focused on identifying and evaluating new opportunities in technologies applicable to network infrastructures, and the coordination of national and international collaboration activities. His current interests are related to network infrastructural services, new network architectures, and network programmability and virtualization.
- Yiannis Argyropoulos, Principal Member of Technical Staff at AT&T, is responsible for the Cellsite Backhaul and Small Cell Architecture for AT&T's Mobility division. He has more than 20 years experience in wireless in the areas of analysis and design of wireless systems, and the performance analysis and architecture of networks and protocols.
- Klaus Martiny, Senior Project Manager at Deutsche Telekom, is focused on the future of network operations systems. He has more than 37 years of telecommunications experience. He is also an affiliate of NGMN (Next-Generation Mobile Networks) and NGCOR (Next-Gen Converged Operations Requirements).
- Kevin McGinnis is the Vice President of Product Development & Operations for Pinsight Media+, a mobile media company, powered by Sprint, which delivers unique mobile advertising, mobile commerce, and analytic services.
- Randy Nicklas, Executive Vice President of Engineering and Chief Technology Officer at Windstream has extensive experience in the design, implementation, and integration of large-scale IP/MPLS backbones, VoIP soft switch and feature server platforms, metro Ethernet networks, and transport networks.
- Ron Mudry, Founder and CEO of TowerCloud, has more than 29 years of experience in the telecommunications industry. He was also founding CEO of Progress Telecom where he created an industry-leading provider of fiber and backhaul services.
- Glenn Wellbrock, Director, Optical Transport Networks Architecture & Design at Verizon, is responsible for the development of new technologies for both metro and long-haul transport infrastructures. He has more than 20 years of experience within network operations, product architecture, and product planning.
The Big Telecom Event combines the educational power of interactive conference sessions devised and hosted by Heavy Reading's experienced industry analysts, with multi-vendor interoperability and proof-of-concept networking and application showcases. BTE is geared toward helping attendees better understand concepts such as software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), small-cell architectures, next-generation policy and charging, big-data analytics, and mobile network security.
BTE sponsors include: ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Champion ONE, Ciena, Cyan, Fujitsu, Infinera, MRV, SpiderCloud, Support.com, Symantec, and Transition Networks.
The Big Telecom Event will take place on June 17 and 18 at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. Speaking and sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information contact: [email protected].
About Light Reading
Light Reading (www.lightreading.com) combines its research-led online communities and targeted events portfolio to help those in the global communications industry make informed decisions. Lightreading.com is the ultimate source for telecom analysis for more than 350,000 subscribers each month, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content, and reputation. Light Reading produces targeted communications events and focused one-day conferences each year for cable, mobile, and wireline executives across five continents.
Beyond Words Communications Inc.
617 739 1769
SOURCE Light Reading
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it is the most popular among the new wave of databases running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Advocate, Redis Labs, will share the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Jul. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,442
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Jul. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,916
Most organizations prioritize data security only after their data has already been compromised. Proactive prevention is important, but how can you accomplish that on a small budget? Learn how the cloud, combined with a defense and in-depth approach, creates efficiencies by transferring and assigning risk. Security requires a multi-defense approach, and an in-house team may only be able to cherry pick from the essential components. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Vlad Friedman, CEO/Founder o...
Jul. 24, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,796
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,128
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 871
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,811
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 24, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,119
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 24, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,214
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, explained how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Jul. 24, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 864
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,553
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,212
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Jul. 23, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,109
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Jul. 23, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 836
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,222
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jul. 23, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,855