|By PR Newswire||
|February 5, 2014 09:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Light Reading (www.lightreading.com), the market-leading online community for the global communications sector, today unveiled the telecommunications luminaries that will provide vision, understanding, and awareness on the hottest trends in the industry at The Big Telecom Event (BTE) (www.bigtelecomevent.com/chicago/). BTE is a demo space and conference that brings real-world, cutting-edge technology demonstrations and insight to communications service provider executives.
"The telecom industry is in the midst of dramatic change, and for the BTE, we are bringing together many of the leaders of that change," says Carol Wilson, Editor-at-Large, Light Reading. "Our speaker roster includes those heavily engaged in shaping virtualization, mobile network expansion, and transformation of network operations."
- Axel Clauberg, Vice President, IP & Optical, Deutsche Telekom, and a Board Member of the Open Networking Foundation, has 32 years of networking and computing experience and is highly regarded for his software-defined networking knowledge.
- Bikash Koley is the Principal Architect and Manager of Network Architecture at Google, where he is focused on network infrastructure scaling, optimization, and reliability. Prior to Google, he was the co-founder and CTO of Qstreams Networks and spent several years at Ciena Corp. in various technical roles developing DWDM and Ethernet technologies. He is also active in various networking standards bodies.
- Diego Lopez, Senior Technology Expert at Telefónica SA, will present a keynote address. He is currently focused on identifying and evaluating new opportunities in technologies applicable to network infrastructures, and the coordination of national and international collaboration activities. His current interests are related to network infrastructural services, new network architectures, and network programmability and virtualization.
- Yiannis Argyropoulos, Principal Member of Technical Staff at AT&T, is responsible for the Cellsite Backhaul and Small Cell Architecture for AT&T's Mobility division. He has more than 20 years experience in wireless in the areas of analysis and design of wireless systems, and the performance analysis and architecture of networks and protocols.
- Klaus Martiny, Senior Project Manager at Deutsche Telekom, is focused on the future of network operations systems. He has more than 37 years of telecommunications experience. He is also an affiliate of NGMN (Next-Generation Mobile Networks) and NGCOR (Next-Gen Converged Operations Requirements).
- Kevin McGinnis is the Vice President of Product Development & Operations for Pinsight Media+, a mobile media company, powered by Sprint, which delivers unique mobile advertising, mobile commerce, and analytic services.
- Randy Nicklas, Executive Vice President of Engineering and Chief Technology Officer at Windstream has extensive experience in the design, implementation, and integration of large-scale IP/MPLS backbones, VoIP soft switch and feature server platforms, metro Ethernet networks, and transport networks.
- Ron Mudry, Founder and CEO of TowerCloud, has more than 29 years of experience in the telecommunications industry. He was also founding CEO of Progress Telecom where he created an industry-leading provider of fiber and backhaul services.
- Glenn Wellbrock, Director, Optical Transport Networks Architecture & Design at Verizon, is responsible for the development of new technologies for both metro and long-haul transport infrastructures. He has more than 20 years of experience within network operations, product architecture, and product planning.
The Big Telecom Event combines the educational power of interactive conference sessions devised and hosted by Heavy Reading's experienced industry analysts, with multi-vendor interoperability and proof-of-concept networking and application showcases. BTE is geared toward helping attendees better understand concepts such as software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), small-cell architectures, next-generation policy and charging, big-data analytics, and mobile network security.
BTE sponsors include: ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Champion ONE, Ciena, Cyan, Fujitsu, Infinera, MRV, SpiderCloud, Support.com, Symantec, and Transition Networks.
The Big Telecom Event will take place on June 17 and 18 at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. Speaking and sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information contact: [email protected].
About Light Reading
Light Reading (www.lightreading.com) combines its research-led online communities and targeted events portfolio to help those in the global communications industry make informed decisions. Lightreading.com is the ultimate source for telecom analysis for more than 350,000 subscribers each month, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content, and reputation. Light Reading produces targeted communications events and focused one-day conferences each year for cable, mobile, and wireline executives across five continents.
Beyond Words Communications Inc.
617 739 1769
SOURCE Light Reading
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,626
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,538
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,041
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they mana...
Sep. 26, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,744
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Sep. 26, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 438
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Sep. 26, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,672
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Sep. 26, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,005
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,400
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,165
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,592
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,906
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 26, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,601
Vidyo, Inc., has joined the Alliance for Open Media. The Alliance for Open Media is a non-profit organization working to define and develop media technologies that address the need for an open standard for video compression and delivery over the web. As a member of the Alliance, Vidyo will collaborate with industry leaders in pursuit of an open and royalty-free AOMedia Video codec, AV1. Vidyo’s contributions to the organization will bring to bear its long history of expertise in codec technolo...
Sep. 26, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,619
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Sep. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,839
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,732