|By PR Newswire||
|February 5, 2014 09:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Light Reading (www.lightreading.com), the market-leading online community for the global communications sector, today unveiled the telecommunications luminaries that will provide vision, understanding, and awareness on the hottest trends in the industry at The Big Telecom Event (BTE) (www.bigtelecomevent.com/chicago/). BTE is a demo space and conference that brings real-world, cutting-edge technology demonstrations and insight to communications service provider executives.
"The telecom industry is in the midst of dramatic change, and for the BTE, we are bringing together many of the leaders of that change," says Carol Wilson, Editor-at-Large, Light Reading. "Our speaker roster includes those heavily engaged in shaping virtualization, mobile network expansion, and transformation of network operations."
- Axel Clauberg, Vice President, IP & Optical, Deutsche Telekom, and a Board Member of the Open Networking Foundation, has 32 years of networking and computing experience and is highly regarded for his software-defined networking knowledge.
- Bikash Koley is the Principal Architect and Manager of Network Architecture at Google, where he is focused on network infrastructure scaling, optimization, and reliability. Prior to Google, he was the co-founder and CTO of Qstreams Networks and spent several years at Ciena Corp. in various technical roles developing DWDM and Ethernet technologies. He is also active in various networking standards bodies.
- Diego Lopez, Senior Technology Expert at Telefónica SA, will present a keynote address. He is currently focused on identifying and evaluating new opportunities in technologies applicable to network infrastructures, and the coordination of national and international collaboration activities. His current interests are related to network infrastructural services, new network architectures, and network programmability and virtualization.
- Yiannis Argyropoulos, Principal Member of Technical Staff at AT&T, is responsible for the Cellsite Backhaul and Small Cell Architecture for AT&T's Mobility division. He has more than 20 years experience in wireless in the areas of analysis and design of wireless systems, and the performance analysis and architecture of networks and protocols.
- Klaus Martiny, Senior Project Manager at Deutsche Telekom, is focused on the future of network operations systems. He has more than 37 years of telecommunications experience. He is also an affiliate of NGMN (Next-Generation Mobile Networks) and NGCOR (Next-Gen Converged Operations Requirements).
- Kevin McGinnis is the Vice President of Product Development & Operations for Pinsight Media+, a mobile media company, powered by Sprint, which delivers unique mobile advertising, mobile commerce, and analytic services.
- Randy Nicklas, Executive Vice President of Engineering and Chief Technology Officer at Windstream has extensive experience in the design, implementation, and integration of large-scale IP/MPLS backbones, VoIP soft switch and feature server platforms, metro Ethernet networks, and transport networks.
- Ron Mudry, Founder and CEO of TowerCloud, has more than 29 years of experience in the telecommunications industry. He was also founding CEO of Progress Telecom where he created an industry-leading provider of fiber and backhaul services.
- Glenn Wellbrock, Director, Optical Transport Networks Architecture & Design at Verizon, is responsible for the development of new technologies for both metro and long-haul transport infrastructures. He has more than 20 years of experience within network operations, product architecture, and product planning.
The Big Telecom Event combines the educational power of interactive conference sessions devised and hosted by Heavy Reading's experienced industry analysts, with multi-vendor interoperability and proof-of-concept networking and application showcases. BTE is geared toward helping attendees better understand concepts such as software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), small-cell architectures, next-generation policy and charging, big-data analytics, and mobile network security.
BTE sponsors include: ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Champion ONE, Ciena, Cyan, Fujitsu, Infinera, MRV, SpiderCloud, Support.com, Symantec, and Transition Networks.
The Big Telecom Event will take place on June 17 and 18 at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. Speaking and sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information contact: email@example.com.
About Light Reading
Light Reading (www.lightreading.com) combines its research-led online communities and targeted events portfolio to help those in the global communications industry make informed decisions. Lightreading.com is the ultimate source for telecom analysis for more than 350,000 subscribers each month, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content, and reputation. Light Reading produces targeted communications events and focused one-day conferences each year for cable, mobile, and wireline executives across five continents.
Beyond Words Communications Inc.
617 739 1769
SOURCE Light Reading
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 19, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 930
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann and Aruna Ravichandran have been named Co-Chairs of @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 19, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 733
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you...
Feb. 19, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 820
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Feb. 19, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 1,632
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Feb. 19, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 1,573
DevOps and microservices are permeating software engineering teams broadly, whether these teams are in pure software shops but happen to run a business, such Uber and Airbnb, or in companies that rely heavily on software to run more traditional business, such as financial firms or high-end manufacturers. Microservices and DevOps have created software development and therefore business speed and agility benefits, but they have also created problems; specifically, they have created software securi...
Feb. 19, 2017 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,882
SYS-CON Events announced today that CrowdReviews.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CrowdReviews.com is a transparent online platform for determining which products and services are the best based on the opinion of the crowd. The crowd consists of Internet users that have experienced products and services first-hand and have an interest in letting other potential buyers...
Feb. 19, 2017 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,532
With 10 simultaneous tracks, keynotes, general sessions and targeted breakout classes, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo are two of the most important technology events of the year. Since its launch over eight years ago, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo have presented a rock star faculty as well as showcased hundreds of sponsors and exhibitors! In this blog post, I provide 7 tips on how, as part of our world-class faculty, you can deliver one of the most popular sessions at our events. But before reading the...
Feb. 19, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 7,619
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Feb. 19, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 765
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of C...
Feb. 19, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 6,511
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager - Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, reviewed next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discussed how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has been engaged in t...
Feb. 19, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,684
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 19, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 853
TechTarget storage websites are the best online information resource for news, tips and expert advice for the storage, backup and disaster recovery markets. By creating abundant, high-quality editorial content across more than 140 highly targeted technology-specific websites, TechTarget attracts and nurtures communities of technology buyers researching their companies' information technology needs. By understanding these buyers' content consumption behaviors, TechTarget creates the purchase inte...
Feb. 19, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 730
In the enterprise today, connected IoT devices are everywhere – both inside and outside corporate environments. The need to identify, manage, control and secure a quickly growing web of connections and outside devices is making the already challenging task of security even more important, and onerous. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Rich Boyer, CISO and Chief Architect for Security at NTT i3, will discuss new ways of thinking and the approaches needed to address the emerging challenges of securit...
Feb. 19, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 1,141
As cloud adoption continues to transform business, today's global enterprises are challenged with managing a growing amount of information living outside of the data center. The rapid adoption of IoT and increasingly mobile workforce are exacerbating the problem. Ensuring secure data sharing and efficient backup poses capacity and bandwidth considerations as well as policy and regulatory compliance issues.
Feb. 19, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 1,555