|By PR Newswire||
|February 5, 2014 09:00 AM EST|
SAN DIEGO, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- No matter their age, singles looking for love are turning to technology to enhance their dating life. However, despite using technology to do everything from kicking things off via text to researching their date online, a recent study by It's Just Lunch, the premier dating service for busy professionals, found singles also temper their technology-driven search with some good old fashioned gut feelings and face time with one another.
Some highlights from the survey, which included over 18,000 singles ages 25 to 74:
- Exercise those thumbs, because you're going to be texting...at least in the beginning. After swapping numbers with someone they're attracted to, the majority of singles under the age of 55 said their first contact was likely to be via text. For 25-to-34 year-olds, a whopping 80 percent said they're more likely to text than call initially. However, once you're getting phone calls, you know they're serious. Nearly 65 percent of singles say they prefer to call someone they're interested in.
- Singles might spend a lot of time on Facebook, but it's not chatting with their latest love interest. Fifty-six percent of all respondents said they never use social media to interact with a love interest. When asked what social platform they use most often to engage with a significant other, the majority in every age group chose email over social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter- results that underscore the fact that intimacy flourishes from the protection of the public eye.
- A picture speaks a thousand words? Well apparently singles don't think so as over 66 percent of singles said they never use Skype in their relationships. 30% use Skype when they have been apart for a significant amount of time, though.
- Singles might want to spend a little time investigating themselves online so they're prepared when their date knows everything about them from their alma mater to what they had for dinner last night. Sixty-one percent of singles say they research someone they're dating, with 60 percent of them hitting the web before the date. Don't panic just yet. Thirty-two percent say they wouldn't cancel the date over what they find online.
- Despite the belief that we're all permanently tethered to our devices these days, seventy-six percent of all singles surveyed said they have no issues with their partner when it comes to putting the phone away and spending some quality time together. That leaves 24% who can't seem to disconnect.
- This might disappoint some, but 70 percent of singles say they've never texted a sexually suggestive photo to a love interest. 29% hit the send button every once in a while.
- The biggest differences between men and women? Sixty-eight percent of women said they research their dates, compared to 56 percent of the men. The ladies are more likely to be continuing that research by sneaking a peek at your texts too, gentlemen. Thirty-seven percent of the women said they'd looked at a love interest's text messages at least once before, while just 25 percent of the men admitted to snooping.
About It's Just Lunch
It's Just Lunch is a specialized dating service for professional singles. It's Just Lunch's dating specialists save singles from the frustration of having to search through seas of online profiles, or play endless e-mail tag. The company, which has arranged over two million first dates over the past 22 years, handles everything in a personalized and efficient manner – from selecting the matches to making all the arrangements for lunch, brunch or after-work drinks. It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has grown to service over 150 cities within the U.S. and internationally, and has many wonderful success stories. For more information, please visit www.itsjustlunch.com
SOURCE It's Just Lunch
Five years ago development was seen as a dead-end career, now it’s anything but – with an explosion in mobile and IoT initiatives increasing the demand for skilled engineers. But apart from having a ready supply of great coders, what constitutes true ‘DevOps Royalty’? It’ll be the ability to craft resilient architectures, supportability, security everywhere across the software lifecycle. In his keynote at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Jeffrey Scheaffer, GM and SVP, Continuous Delivery Busine...
Apr. 25, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 614
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Apr. 25, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 309
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Apr. 25, 2017 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,076
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 25, 2017 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 926
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 25, 2017 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,194
Most technology leaders, contemporary and from the hardware era, are reshaping their businesses to do software in the hope of capturing value in IoT. Although IoT is relatively new in the market, it has already gone through many promotional terms such as IoE, IoX, SDX, Edge/Fog, Mist Compute, etc. Ultimately, irrespective of the name, it is about deriving value from independent software assets participating in an ecosystem as one comprehensive solution.
Apr. 25, 2017 09:39 AM EDT Reads: 146
Blockchain is a shared, secure record of exchange that establishes trust, accountability and transparency across supply chain networks. Supported by the Linux Foundation's open source, open-standards based Hyperledger Project, Blockchain has the potential to improve regulatory compliance, reduce cost and time for product recall as well as advance trade. Are you curious about Blockchain and how it can provide you with new opportunities for innovation and growth? In her session at 20th Cloud Exp...
Apr. 25, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,709
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Apr. 25, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 267
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Apr. 25, 2017 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,007
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 25, 2017 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 809
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Apr. 25, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,943
As pervasive as cloud technology is -- and as persuasive as the arguments are for using it -- the cloud has its limits. Some companies will always have security concerns about storing data in the cloud and certain high-transaction applications will always be better suited for on-premises storage. Those statements were among the bottom-line takeaways delivered at Cloud Expo this week, a three day, bi-annual event focused on cloud technologies, adoption and associated challenges.
Apr. 25, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,850
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 25, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,171
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Apr. 25, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 818
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 25, 2017 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 379