|By PR Newswire||
|February 5, 2014 09:00 AM EST|
SAN DIEGO, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- No matter their age, singles looking for love are turning to technology to enhance their dating life. However, despite using technology to do everything from kicking things off via text to researching their date online, a recent study by It's Just Lunch, the premier dating service for busy professionals, found singles also temper their technology-driven search with some good old fashioned gut feelings and face time with one another.
Some highlights from the survey, which included over 18,000 singles ages 25 to 74:
- Exercise those thumbs, because you're going to be texting...at least in the beginning. After swapping numbers with someone they're attracted to, the majority of singles under the age of 55 said their first contact was likely to be via text. For 25-to-34 year-olds, a whopping 80 percent said they're more likely to text than call initially. However, once you're getting phone calls, you know they're serious. Nearly 65 percent of singles say they prefer to call someone they're interested in.
- Singles might spend a lot of time on Facebook, but it's not chatting with their latest love interest. Fifty-six percent of all respondents said they never use social media to interact with a love interest. When asked what social platform they use most often to engage with a significant other, the majority in every age group chose email over social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter- results that underscore the fact that intimacy flourishes from the protection of the public eye.
- A picture speaks a thousand words? Well apparently singles don't think so as over 66 percent of singles said they never use Skype in their relationships. 30% use Skype when they have been apart for a significant amount of time, though.
- Singles might want to spend a little time investigating themselves online so they're prepared when their date knows everything about them from their alma mater to what they had for dinner last night. Sixty-one percent of singles say they research someone they're dating, with 60 percent of them hitting the web before the date. Don't panic just yet. Thirty-two percent say they wouldn't cancel the date over what they find online.
- Despite the belief that we're all permanently tethered to our devices these days, seventy-six percent of all singles surveyed said they have no issues with their partner when it comes to putting the phone away and spending some quality time together. That leaves 24% who can't seem to disconnect.
- This might disappoint some, but 70 percent of singles say they've never texted a sexually suggestive photo to a love interest. 29% hit the send button every once in a while.
- The biggest differences between men and women? Sixty-eight percent of women said they research their dates, compared to 56 percent of the men. The ladies are more likely to be continuing that research by sneaking a peek at your texts too, gentlemen. Thirty-seven percent of the women said they'd looked at a love interest's text messages at least once before, while just 25 percent of the men admitted to snooping.
About It's Just Lunch
It's Just Lunch is a specialized dating service for professional singles. It's Just Lunch's dating specialists save singles from the frustration of having to search through seas of online profiles, or play endless e-mail tag. The company, which has arranged over two million first dates over the past 22 years, handles everything in a personalized and efficient manner – from selecting the matches to making all the arrangements for lunch, brunch or after-work drinks. It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has grown to service over 150 cities within the U.S. and internationally, and has many wonderful success stories. For more information, please visit www.itsjustlunch.com
SOURCE It's Just Lunch
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,164
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 26, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 965
The competitive landscape of the global cloud computing market in the healthcare industry is crowded due to the presence of a large number of players. The large number of participants has led to the fragmented nature of the market. Some of the major players operating in the global cloud computing market in the healthcare industry are Cisco Systems Inc., Carestream Health Inc., Carecloud Corp., AGFA Healthcare, IBM Corp., Cleardata Networks, Merge Healthcare Inc., Microsoft Corp., Intel Corp., an...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 904
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 743
StackIQ has announced the release of Stacki 3.2. Stacki is an easy-to-use Linux server provisioning tool. Stacki 3.2 delivers new capabilities that simplify the automation and integration of site-specific requirements. StackIQ is the commercial entity behind this open source bare metal provisioning tool. Since the release of Stacki in June of 2015, the Stacki core team has been focused on making the Community Edition meet the needs of members of the community, adding features and value, while ...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 315
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,053
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,003
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:02 AM EDT Reads: 161
Ovum, a leading technology analyst firm, has published an in-depth report, Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016–17. The report focuses on the automation aspects of DevOps, Release Management and compares solutions from the leading vendors.
Jul. 26, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,687
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 26, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,952
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,519
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,310
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 593
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Jul. 26, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 956
"Avere Systems is a hybrid cloud solution provider. We have customers that want to use cloud storage and we have customers that want to take advantage of cloud compute," explained Rebecca Thompson, VP of Marketing at Avere Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,032