|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2014 11:03 AM EST||
Software AG announced the publication of “The Digital Enterprise: The Moves and Motives of the Digital Leaders,” a tour-de-force introduction to CEO Karl-Heinz Streibich's vision of the impact digital transformation is having across all industries, supported by over twenty examples from companies around the globe. All of the case studies from the book demonstrate how yesterday’s IT-driven environment has shifted to a new way of working, living and playing*. The forward is written by Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO of salesforce.com, and the book is narrated by industry luminary Vinnie Mirchandani.
"The book is intended to trigger thought and emulation," said Karl-Heinz Streibich. “This is a watershed moment for nearly every company. Digitization is becoming the strategic competitive factor for every industry. The industry examples you will find in the book were my inspiration for starting this project and I hope will be your inspiration in changing your enterprise into a digital enterprise”
Everything is Becoming Digital
The book is divided into three parts. In the first, Karl-Heinz Streibich introduces the digital enterprise and the digital society. He highlights the converging technologies such as machine-to-machine (M2M) communication, smart mobile devices, the internet of things and phenomenon of globally connected big data to demonstrate why every business needs to become a digital enterprise in order to differentiate their offering and beat the competition.
The Digital Enterprise Today
Practical examples of the journey to the digital enterprise are detailed in part two. Major corporations from many industries explain how they are using social, mobile, analytical, cloud computing, crowdsourcing, 3D visualization tools and sophisticated digital security technologies to build new business models.
Part three takes as step into the future with a look at how the current landscape will continue to evolve and at the next generation of technology changes, already on the horizon, that could change the world for the better.
“The Digital Enterprise” is available at:
All proceeds will be donated to the Software AG Foundation in Germany: http://www.software-ag-stiftung.com/en/home.html
More information can also be found at: http://www.softwareag.com/corporate/default.asp
To join the digital enterprise conversation, go to http://ow.ly/taaKD
*The Digital Enterprise features:
- acatech (German National Academy of Science and Engineering): President Prof. Dr. Henning Kagermann explores the wide range of stakeholders involved in the transformation to a digital enterprise.
- Accenture: Senior Managing Director for Austria, Switzerland and Germany Frank Riemensperger explains why the best businesses must develop a “digital vision”.
- Allianz Group: CIO Dr. Ralf Schneider on balancing the opportunities and risk generated by massive volumes of customer and product data.
- BBVA S.A.: CTO Ramón Laguna on rapidly scaling technology to implement the goal of becoming a Tier-1 global investment bank.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises: CIO Esat Sezer look at how cloud computing will drive the next generation of productivities.
- Daimler AG: CIO Dr. Michael Gorriz and Information technologist Dr. Kai Holzweissig on driving the digital enterprise with linked data.
- Datev eG: CEO Prof. Dieter Kempf examines bringing industrial level IT security to small and medium sized businesses.
- DB Systel GmbH: Chairman of the Board Detlef Exner on how German railways are addressing a new generation of digital customers.
- Deutsche Telekom: CEO of T-Systems and Deutsche Telekom Board Member Reinhard Clemens explains why traditional network providers can – and must – develop mew business models.
- DFKI GmbH (German Research center for Artificial Intelligence): CEO Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Wahlster on how semantic product memories promise to reshape how products are manufactured, shipped, sold, consumed, traced and recycled.
- Echo Entertainment: CTO Rob James details how technology-enables innovation can better address their VIP customers.
- General Electric: Global technology director William Ruh on how 50 billion interconnected machines will drive the Industrial Internet revolution.
- Hubert Burda Media: CEO Dr. Paul-Bernhard Kallen looks at turning a German magazine company into an enterprise for entrepreneurs.
- MAPFRE: CTO José Manuel Inchausti Pérez discusses how satellites have transformed their business and help create more agile services.
- Nissan: CIO Celso Guitoko describes how to design “smarter” products.
- Qualcomm: CIO Norm Fjeldheim speaks of how to provide highly personalized and contextualized customer experiences.
- Siemens AG: Member of the Board Prof. Dr. Siegfried Russwurm on how the fourth industrial revolution will create a paradigm shift in required workforce qualifications.
- Staedel Museum: Director Max Hollein on how a digital visit to the museum is a sensual experience.
- Standard Chartered PLC: CIO Jan Verplancke details the roll-out of mobile banking across several continents.
- Statoil ASA: Vice President Magne Fransten on safety through technology in harsh operating environments.
- Technische Universitaet Darmstadt: Chairman, Information Systems faculty Prof. Dr. Peter Buxmann looks at new risk scenarios and enabling new business models.
- TUI InfoTec GmbH: CEO Heinz Kreuzer on using social media, real-time analytics, big data and mobile devices to create a more enjoyable customer experience.
About Software AG
Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW) helps organizations achieve their business objectives faster. The company's big data, integration and business process technologies enable customers to drive operational efficiency, modernize their systems and optimize processes for smarter decisions and better service. Building on over 40 years of customer-centric innovation, the company is ranked as a "leader" in fifteen market categories, fueled by core product families Adabas and Natural, ARIS, Terracotta, webMethods, Alfabet and Apama. Software AG has more than 5,200 employees in 70 countries and had revenues of €973 million in 2013 (IFRS, unaudited). Learn more at www.softwareag.com
Software AG - Get There Faster
Software AG | Uhlandstraße 12 | 64297 Darmstadt | Germany
Detailed press information about Software AG including a picture and multimedia database are available at: www.softwareag.com/press
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 31, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 423
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 31, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 493
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 273
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 365
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Jul. 31, 2015 01:45 PM EDT
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 130
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 119
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Jul. 31, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 145
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Jul. 31, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 302
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Jul. 31, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 160
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,401
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Jul. 30, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 893
Malicious agents are moving faster than the speed of business. Even more worrisome, most companies are relying on legacy approaches to security that are no longer capable of meeting current threats. In the modern cloud, threat diversity is rapidly expanding, necessitating more sophisticated security protocols than those used in the past or in desktop environments. Yet companies are falling for cloud security myths that were truths at one time but have evolved out of existence.
Jul. 30, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,806
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Jul. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,091