|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2014 11:03 AM EST||
Software AG announced the publication of “The Digital Enterprise: The Moves and Motives of the Digital Leaders,” a tour-de-force introduction to CEO Karl-Heinz Streibich's vision of the impact digital transformation is having across all industries, supported by over twenty examples from companies around the globe. All of the case studies from the book demonstrate how yesterday’s IT-driven environment has shifted to a new way of working, living and playing*. The forward is written by Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO of salesforce.com, and the book is narrated by industry luminary Vinnie Mirchandani.
"The book is intended to trigger thought and emulation," said Karl-Heinz Streibich. “This is a watershed moment for nearly every company. Digitization is becoming the strategic competitive factor for every industry. The industry examples you will find in the book were my inspiration for starting this project and I hope will be your inspiration in changing your enterprise into a digital enterprise”
Everything is Becoming Digital
The book is divided into three parts. In the first, Karl-Heinz Streibich introduces the digital enterprise and the digital society. He highlights the converging technologies such as machine-to-machine (M2M) communication, smart mobile devices, the internet of things and phenomenon of globally connected big data to demonstrate why every business needs to become a digital enterprise in order to differentiate their offering and beat the competition.
The Digital Enterprise Today
Practical examples of the journey to the digital enterprise are detailed in part two. Major corporations from many industries explain how they are using social, mobile, analytical, cloud computing, crowdsourcing, 3D visualization tools and sophisticated digital security technologies to build new business models.
Part three takes as step into the future with a look at how the current landscape will continue to evolve and at the next generation of technology changes, already on the horizon, that could change the world for the better.
“The Digital Enterprise” is available at:
All proceeds will be donated to the Software AG Foundation in Germany: http://www.software-ag-stiftung.com/en/home.html
More information can also be found at: http://www.softwareag.com/corporate/default.asp
To join the digital enterprise conversation, go to http://ow.ly/taaKD
*The Digital Enterprise features:
- acatech (German National Academy of Science and Engineering): President Prof. Dr. Henning Kagermann explores the wide range of stakeholders involved in the transformation to a digital enterprise.
- Accenture: Senior Managing Director for Austria, Switzerland and Germany Frank Riemensperger explains why the best businesses must develop a “digital vision”.
- Allianz Group: CIO Dr. Ralf Schneider on balancing the opportunities and risk generated by massive volumes of customer and product data.
- BBVA S.A.: CTO Ramón Laguna on rapidly scaling technology to implement the goal of becoming a Tier-1 global investment bank.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises: CIO Esat Sezer look at how cloud computing will drive the next generation of productivities.
- Daimler AG: CIO Dr. Michael Gorriz and Information technologist Dr. Kai Holzweissig on driving the digital enterprise with linked data.
- Datev eG: CEO Prof. Dieter Kempf examines bringing industrial level IT security to small and medium sized businesses.
- DB Systel GmbH: Chairman of the Board Detlef Exner on how German railways are addressing a new generation of digital customers.
- Deutsche Telekom: CEO of T-Systems and Deutsche Telekom Board Member Reinhard Clemens explains why traditional network providers can – and must – develop mew business models.
- DFKI GmbH (German Research center for Artificial Intelligence): CEO Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Wahlster on how semantic product memories promise to reshape how products are manufactured, shipped, sold, consumed, traced and recycled.
- Echo Entertainment: CTO Rob James details how technology-enables innovation can better address their VIP customers.
- General Electric: Global technology director William Ruh on how 50 billion interconnected machines will drive the Industrial Internet revolution.
- Hubert Burda Media: CEO Dr. Paul-Bernhard Kallen looks at turning a German magazine company into an enterprise for entrepreneurs.
- MAPFRE: CTO José Manuel Inchausti Pérez discusses how satellites have transformed their business and help create more agile services.
- Nissan: CIO Celso Guitoko describes how to design “smarter” products.
- Qualcomm: CIO Norm Fjeldheim speaks of how to provide highly personalized and contextualized customer experiences.
- Siemens AG: Member of the Board Prof. Dr. Siegfried Russwurm on how the fourth industrial revolution will create a paradigm shift in required workforce qualifications.
- Staedel Museum: Director Max Hollein on how a digital visit to the museum is a sensual experience.
- Standard Chartered PLC: CIO Jan Verplancke details the roll-out of mobile banking across several continents.
- Statoil ASA: Vice President Magne Fransten on safety through technology in harsh operating environments.
- Technische Universitaet Darmstadt: Chairman, Information Systems faculty Prof. Dr. Peter Buxmann looks at new risk scenarios and enabling new business models.
- TUI InfoTec GmbH: CEO Heinz Kreuzer on using social media, real-time analytics, big data and mobile devices to create a more enjoyable customer experience.
About Software AG
Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW) helps organizations achieve their business objectives faster. The company's big data, integration and business process technologies enable customers to drive operational efficiency, modernize their systems and optimize processes for smarter decisions and better service. Building on over 40 years of customer-centric innovation, the company is ranked as a "leader" in fifteen market categories, fueled by core product families Adabas and Natural, ARIS, Terracotta, webMethods, Alfabet and Apama. Software AG has more than 5,200 employees in 70 countries and had revenues of €973 million in 2013 (IFRS, unaudited). Learn more at www.softwareag.com
Software AG - Get There Faster
Software AG | Uhlandstraße 12 | 64297 Darmstadt | Germany
Detailed press information about Software AG including a picture and multimedia database are available at: www.softwareag.com/press
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 2, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 996
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, will show how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningfu...
May. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 711
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
May. 2, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,892
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 2, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,053
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 2, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,309
In the world of DevOps there are ‘known good practices’ – aka ‘patterns’ – and ‘known bad practices’ – aka ‘anti-patterns.' Many of these patterns and anti-patterns have been developed from real world experience, especially by the early adopters of DevOps theory; but many are more feasible in theory than in practice, especially for more recent entrants to the DevOps scene. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists will dis...
May. 2, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 719
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
May. 2, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,569
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 2, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,001
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 2, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,101
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
May. 2, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 913
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 2, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,354
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
May. 2, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,074
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 2, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 381
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 2, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,101