|By PR Newswire||
|February 5, 2014 01:24 PM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Stable Growth is Anticipated in the email and Web Security Segments
The Asia-Pacific Secure Content Management (SCM) market continued to perform well during 2012, posting a healthy YoY growth of 13.7 percent, despite economic uncertainties posting negative impact on regional enterprises. The spending sentiment on email and Web security technologies remained high across enterprises, and it is set to continue in the future. The stable growth was mainly driven by greater understanding among businesses of the criticality of content security solutions to business communications and its value in preventing increasingly sophisticated threats and attacks.
• The Asia-Pacific Secure Content Management (SCM) market continued to perform well during 2012, posting a healthy Year-over-Year (YoY) growth of X% despite economic uncertainties casting a negative impact on regional enterprises. The spending sentiment on email and Web security technologies remained high across enterprises, and it is set to continue in the future. Stable growth was mainly driven by greater understanding of the criticality of content security solutions to business communications and their value in preventing increasingly sophisticated threats and attacks.
• The market continued to be fuelled by the contributions of big markets, such as Japan, ANZ and Greater China. While Japan and ANZ witnessed a slowdown in terms of growth rates due to various market challenges, Greater China experienced a strong growth of X% in 2012. The year saw stable economic conditions in these regions, which increased business confidence and led to increased spending on Web and email security solutions.
• Greater demand for secure content management solutions was also observed across enterprises in India and the ASEAN region, thanks to growing market potential and, more importantly, the relatively high prevalence of greenfield opportunities. The Asia-Pacific security content management (SCM) market is expected to be mainly driven by business growth and performance in these regions.
• Across technology segments, the SCM market was still led by the adoption of email security solutions, as email has increasingly become an important communication tool for enterprises in their day-to-day operations. Therefore, ensuring the security of email gateways has become one of the highest priorities for most enterprises.
• On the Web security front, with more enterprises looking to leverage on the potential offered by the Web, there was a growing need for them to strike a fine balance between restricting and enabling Web access for their employees. Enterprises were particularly interested in increasing visibility, managing employee Web behavior better, and obtaining greater control over Web content, especially micro-applications which are a common feature of Web sites.
• Security issues faced by email and Web security gateways are expected to be exacerbated by the rising prevalence of enterprise mobility and the growing adoption of bring your own devices or bring your own applications (BYOD or BYOA) trends. In this way, enterprises are likely to experience increased threat exposure brought about by mobile devices, many of which may become attack vectors or pose greater risk issues due to intentional or unintentional human errors.
• The lack of recent market buzz and innovation in email and Web security technologies has caused the segments to be overshadowed by other security technologies in some instances. As such, the onus is on content security vendors to introduce more capabilities into the solutions and create greater value for their customers, especially in terms of how future content security technologies are going to impact the business perspectives of an organization beyond simply catering to the IT perspective.
1. An increasing number of competitors offering cloud-based security services as an alternative to software and hardware solutions would dampen the growth prospect for SCM product markets.
2. A proliferation of new mobile technologies, along with the big trend of enterprise mobility or BYOD, would boost the technology demand for current content security solutions.
3. Web security gateway solutions have evolved to be more behavior- or user-centric, in addition to providing threat intelligence.
Refers to technology developed to filter or screen emails for spam, malware, or other objectionable content. The principal function of email filtering is to eliminate sending and receiving unsolicited emails (spam) or security threats that are often embedded in emails. Email filtering can be deployed as a stand-alone gateway solution, as part of security appliances, or together with the email servers (Groupware) within the network.
URL Filtering refers to technology (based on URL) developed to screen and block Web sites or sections off Web sites that are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or undesirable and those that may contain embedded security threats. URL filtering is mainly deployed at the gateway level.
Recreational Application Controllers
Recreational Application Controllers refers to technology developed to filter and block any recreational application, be it peer-to-peer (P2P), wikis, or instant message applications or words and phrases defined by administers. Recreational application controllers can be for either intranet (designed to be used within the corporate network) or the Internet.
Others refers to technologies other than the above-mentioned ones, for instance, auditing, recording, proxy identification, Web content rating, etc.
Market Overview—Geographical Coverage
• Hong Kong
• New Zealand
• The Philippines
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the SCM market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Will SCM solutions continue to exist, or will they get replaced by other solutions?
How will the structure of the market change with time?
Will the products and services become features in other markets?
Are the vendors in the market ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Secure Content Management Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. ANZ Breakdown
5. ASEAN Breakdown
6. Greater China Breakdown
7. India Breakdown
8. Japan Breakdown
9. South Korea Breakdown
10. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Asia-Pacific Secure Content Management Market CY2012
While DevOps most critically and famously fosters collaboration, communication, and integration through cultural change, culture is more of an output than an input. In order to actively drive cultural evolution, organizations must make substantial organizational and process changes, and adopt new technologies, to encourage a DevOps culture. Moderated by Andi Mann, panelists discussed how to balance these three pillars of DevOps, where to focus attention (and resources), where organizations might...
Mar. 26, 2017 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 6,151
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, provided the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” used open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees learned where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructure. The...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 7,289
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,851
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,050
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Mar. 26, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,741
Information technology (IT) advances are transforming the way we innovate in business, thereby disrupting the old guard and their predictable status-quo. It’s creating global market turbulence. Industries are converging, and new opportunities and threats are emerging, like never before. So, how are savvy chief information officers (CIOs) leading this transition? Back in 2015, the IBM Institute for Business Value conducted a market study that included the findings from over 1,800 CIO interviews ...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,179
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,918
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,916
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 26, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 771
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,157
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,758
ChatOps is an emerging topic that has led to the wide availability of integrations between group chat and various other tools/platforms. Currently, HipChat is an extremely powerful collaboration platform due to the various ChatOps integrations that are available. However, DevOps automation can involve orchestration and complex workflows. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Himanshu Chhetri, CTO at Addteq, will cover practical examples and use cases such as self-provisioning infra...
Mar. 25, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,963
The financial services market is one of the most data-driven industries in the world, yet it’s bogged down by legacy CPU technologies that simply can’t keep up with the task of querying and visualizing billions of records. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jared Parker, Director of Financial Services at Kinetica, will discuss how the advent of advanced in-database analytics on the GPU makes it possible to run sophisticated data science workloads on the same database that is housing the rich inf...
Mar. 25, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,675
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Mar. 25, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,586
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,825