|By PR Newswire||
|February 5, 2014 01:24 PM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Stable Growth is Anticipated in the email and Web Security Segments
The Asia-Pacific Secure Content Management (SCM) market continued to perform well during 2012, posting a healthy YoY growth of 13.7 percent, despite economic uncertainties posting negative impact on regional enterprises. The spending sentiment on email and Web security technologies remained high across enterprises, and it is set to continue in the future. The stable growth was mainly driven by greater understanding among businesses of the criticality of content security solutions to business communications and its value in preventing increasingly sophisticated threats and attacks.
• The Asia-Pacific Secure Content Management (SCM) market continued to perform well during 2012, posting a healthy Year-over-Year (YoY) growth of X% despite economic uncertainties casting a negative impact on regional enterprises. The spending sentiment on email and Web security technologies remained high across enterprises, and it is set to continue in the future. Stable growth was mainly driven by greater understanding of the criticality of content security solutions to business communications and their value in preventing increasingly sophisticated threats and attacks.
• The market continued to be fuelled by the contributions of big markets, such as Japan, ANZ and Greater China. While Japan and ANZ witnessed a slowdown in terms of growth rates due to various market challenges, Greater China experienced a strong growth of X% in 2012. The year saw stable economic conditions in these regions, which increased business confidence and led to increased spending on Web and email security solutions.
• Greater demand for secure content management solutions was also observed across enterprises in India and the ASEAN region, thanks to growing market potential and, more importantly, the relatively high prevalence of greenfield opportunities. The Asia-Pacific security content management (SCM) market is expected to be mainly driven by business growth and performance in these regions.
• Across technology segments, the SCM market was still led by the adoption of email security solutions, as email has increasingly become an important communication tool for enterprises in their day-to-day operations. Therefore, ensuring the security of email gateways has become one of the highest priorities for most enterprises.
• On the Web security front, with more enterprises looking to leverage on the potential offered by the Web, there was a growing need for them to strike a fine balance between restricting and enabling Web access for their employees. Enterprises were particularly interested in increasing visibility, managing employee Web behavior better, and obtaining greater control over Web content, especially micro-applications which are a common feature of Web sites.
• Security issues faced by email and Web security gateways are expected to be exacerbated by the rising prevalence of enterprise mobility and the growing adoption of bring your own devices or bring your own applications (BYOD or BYOA) trends. In this way, enterprises are likely to experience increased threat exposure brought about by mobile devices, many of which may become attack vectors or pose greater risk issues due to intentional or unintentional human errors.
• The lack of recent market buzz and innovation in email and Web security technologies has caused the segments to be overshadowed by other security technologies in some instances. As such, the onus is on content security vendors to introduce more capabilities into the solutions and create greater value for their customers, especially in terms of how future content security technologies are going to impact the business perspectives of an organization beyond simply catering to the IT perspective.
1. An increasing number of competitors offering cloud-based security services as an alternative to software and hardware solutions would dampen the growth prospect for SCM product markets.
2. A proliferation of new mobile technologies, along with the big trend of enterprise mobility or BYOD, would boost the technology demand for current content security solutions.
3. Web security gateway solutions have evolved to be more behavior- or user-centric, in addition to providing threat intelligence.
Refers to technology developed to filter or screen emails for spam, malware, or other objectionable content. The principal function of email filtering is to eliminate sending and receiving unsolicited emails (spam) or security threats that are often embedded in emails. Email filtering can be deployed as a stand-alone gateway solution, as part of security appliances, or together with the email servers (Groupware) within the network.
URL Filtering refers to technology (based on URL) developed to screen and block Web sites or sections off Web sites that are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or undesirable and those that may contain embedded security threats. URL filtering is mainly deployed at the gateway level.
Recreational Application Controllers
Recreational Application Controllers refers to technology developed to filter and block any recreational application, be it peer-to-peer (P2P), wikis, or instant message applications or words and phrases defined by administers. Recreational application controllers can be for either intranet (designed to be used within the corporate network) or the Internet.
Others refers to technologies other than the above-mentioned ones, for instance, auditing, recording, proxy identification, Web content rating, etc.
Market Overview—Geographical Coverage
• Hong Kong
• New Zealand
• The Philippines
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the SCM market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Will SCM solutions continue to exist, or will they get replaced by other solutions?
How will the structure of the market change with time?
Will the products and services become features in other markets?
Are the vendors in the market ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Secure Content Management Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. ANZ Breakdown
5. ASEAN Breakdown
6. Greater China Breakdown
7. India Breakdown
8. Japan Breakdown
9. South Korea Breakdown
10. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Asia-Pacific Secure Content Management Market CY2012
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,797
Deploying applications in hybrid cloud environments is hard work. Your team spends most of the time maintaining your infrastructure, configuring dev/test and production environments, and deploying applications across environments – which can be both time consuming and error prone. But what if you could automate provisioning and deployment to deliver error free environments faster? What could you do with your free time?
Aug. 28, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,924
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 667
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,598
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,912
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 720
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,482
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 737
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,651
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,415
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 843
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 679
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,952
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,122
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 696