|By PR Newswire||
|February 5, 2014 01:24 PM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Stable Growth is Anticipated in the email and Web Security Segments
The Asia-Pacific Secure Content Management (SCM) market continued to perform well during 2012, posting a healthy YoY growth of 13.7 percent, despite economic uncertainties posting negative impact on regional enterprises. The spending sentiment on email and Web security technologies remained high across enterprises, and it is set to continue in the future. The stable growth was mainly driven by greater understanding among businesses of the criticality of content security solutions to business communications and its value in preventing increasingly sophisticated threats and attacks.
• The Asia-Pacific Secure Content Management (SCM) market continued to perform well during 2012, posting a healthy Year-over-Year (YoY) growth of X% despite economic uncertainties casting a negative impact on regional enterprises. The spending sentiment on email and Web security technologies remained high across enterprises, and it is set to continue in the future. Stable growth was mainly driven by greater understanding of the criticality of content security solutions to business communications and their value in preventing increasingly sophisticated threats and attacks.
• The market continued to be fuelled by the contributions of big markets, such as Japan, ANZ and Greater China. While Japan and ANZ witnessed a slowdown in terms of growth rates due to various market challenges, Greater China experienced a strong growth of X% in 2012. The year saw stable economic conditions in these regions, which increased business confidence and led to increased spending on Web and email security solutions.
• Greater demand for secure content management solutions was also observed across enterprises in India and the ASEAN region, thanks to growing market potential and, more importantly, the relatively high prevalence of greenfield opportunities. The Asia-Pacific security content management (SCM) market is expected to be mainly driven by business growth and performance in these regions.
• Across technology segments, the SCM market was still led by the adoption of email security solutions, as email has increasingly become an important communication tool for enterprises in their day-to-day operations. Therefore, ensuring the security of email gateways has become one of the highest priorities for most enterprises.
• On the Web security front, with more enterprises looking to leverage on the potential offered by the Web, there was a growing need for them to strike a fine balance between restricting and enabling Web access for their employees. Enterprises were particularly interested in increasing visibility, managing employee Web behavior better, and obtaining greater control over Web content, especially micro-applications which are a common feature of Web sites.
• Security issues faced by email and Web security gateways are expected to be exacerbated by the rising prevalence of enterprise mobility and the growing adoption of bring your own devices or bring your own applications (BYOD or BYOA) trends. In this way, enterprises are likely to experience increased threat exposure brought about by mobile devices, many of which may become attack vectors or pose greater risk issues due to intentional or unintentional human errors.
• The lack of recent market buzz and innovation in email and Web security technologies has caused the segments to be overshadowed by other security technologies in some instances. As such, the onus is on content security vendors to introduce more capabilities into the solutions and create greater value for their customers, especially in terms of how future content security technologies are going to impact the business perspectives of an organization beyond simply catering to the IT perspective.
1. An increasing number of competitors offering cloud-based security services as an alternative to software and hardware solutions would dampen the growth prospect for SCM product markets.
2. A proliferation of new mobile technologies, along with the big trend of enterprise mobility or BYOD, would boost the technology demand for current content security solutions.
3. Web security gateway solutions have evolved to be more behavior- or user-centric, in addition to providing threat intelligence.
Refers to technology developed to filter or screen emails for spam, malware, or other objectionable content. The principal function of email filtering is to eliminate sending and receiving unsolicited emails (spam) or security threats that are often embedded in emails. Email filtering can be deployed as a stand-alone gateway solution, as part of security appliances, or together with the email servers (Groupware) within the network.
URL Filtering refers to technology (based on URL) developed to screen and block Web sites or sections off Web sites that are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or undesirable and those that may contain embedded security threats. URL filtering is mainly deployed at the gateway level.
Recreational Application Controllers
Recreational Application Controllers refers to technology developed to filter and block any recreational application, be it peer-to-peer (P2P), wikis, or instant message applications or words and phrases defined by administers. Recreational application controllers can be for either intranet (designed to be used within the corporate network) or the Internet.
Others refers to technologies other than the above-mentioned ones, for instance, auditing, recording, proxy identification, Web content rating, etc.
Market Overview—Geographical Coverage
• Hong Kong
• New Zealand
• The Philippines
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the SCM market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Will SCM solutions continue to exist, or will they get replaced by other solutions?
How will the structure of the market change with time?
Will the products and services become features in other markets?
Are the vendors in the market ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Secure Content Management Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. ANZ Breakdown
5. ASEAN Breakdown
6. Greater China Breakdown
7. India Breakdown
8. Japan Breakdown
9. South Korea Breakdown
10. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Asia-Pacific Secure Content Management Market CY2012
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:49 PM EDT Reads: 237
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,778
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 573
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,223
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 28, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,136
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,134
Ovum, a leading technology analyst firm, has published an in-depth report, Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016–17. The report focuses on the automation aspects of DevOps, Release Management and compares solutions from the leading vendors.
Jul. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,789
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,047
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,273
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 578
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:41 AM EDT Reads: 308
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 814
StackIQ has announced the release of Stacki 3.2. Stacki is an easy-to-use Linux server provisioning tool. Stacki 3.2 delivers new capabilities that simplify the automation and integration of site-specific requirements. StackIQ is the commercial entity behind this open source bare metal provisioning tool. Since the release of Stacki in June of 2015, the Stacki core team has been focused on making the Community Edition meet the needs of members of the community, adding features and value, while ...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 516
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 277
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,406