|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2014 02:23 PM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 02/05/14 -- ORACLE HCM WORLD -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Organizations are often challenged to increase workforce productivity while managing operating costs, supporting regulatory compliance and maintaining employee satisfaction. With inevitable variations between planned and actual labor costs, this balancing act relies on organizations being able to fine tune their human capital operations based on real-time business needs. To address this challenge and help organizations achieve a competitive advantage, Oracle offers strategic, timely information, focused on the time and labor management process, to managers and HR decision-makers with a new Oracle In-Memory Application for Oracle's PeopleSoft. Designed to leverage the power of Oracle Engineered Systems and Oracle's industry-standard PeopleSoft HCM applications, PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring empowers organizations to effectively manage labor costs and policy rules in real-time.
- Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring, a new Oracle In-Memory Application for Oracle's PeopleSoft.
- By harnessing the power of Oracle Engineered Systems to maximize performance and speed, PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring can deliver real-time insight into planned and actual labor information.
- The new solution provides out-of-the-box integration between PeopleSoft Time and Labor and Oracle Policy Automation in conjunction with a configurable dashboard for front-line managers to quickly make sound labor decisions for a global workforce based on current business data analysis aggregated on a single dashboard.
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring enables organizations to:
- Leverage predefined, easily understood labor policy rules using the natural language capability provided by Oracle Policy Automation.
- Use Oracle Policy Automation to create or modify existing rules to simulate, test and deploy to a production environment.
- Empower managers to make more strategic decisions around employee time and labor by understanding exceptions and trends in overtime, absences, schedule deviations and other related labor data.
- Improve profitability and optimize resources by harnessing real-time data on business needs and labor costs as it occurs.
- Reduce the risk and cost of non-compliance with labor regulations by pre-delivering labor rules, such as overtime rules.
- Optimized to run on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud or Oracle SuperCluster, the new solution leverages the in-memory capabilities of Oracle Engineered Systems, including flash cache and InfiniBand, to help increase the speed of processing and communication, driving high performance and scalability.
- Oracle's engineered systems, servers and storage are engineered together with Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Applications to offer faster performance, greater efficiency, higher availability and near-unlimited scalability. By owning the entire stack from application to disk, Oracle can engineer, test, optimize and deliver a rich set of exclusive features and application accelerators.
- Running Oracle software on Oracle hardware, customers can lower the total cost of ownership, mitigate risk, improve user productivity and leverage Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c to streamline management while benefiting from the value of a single point of accountability. PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring is yet another example that Oracle applications run best on Oracle systems.
- "Intelligently managing the workforce requires having the right information at the right time in the hands of individuals who can act on it. Effectively managing labor spend can be challenging in our fast-changing, global business landscape, as it often includes managing employees across diverse regions, with a wide variety of local business practices," said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle's PeopleSoft. "With Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring, Oracle is enabling global businesses to clearly understand labor policies and execute on faster, better-informed decisions that maximize productivity and profitability. By combining industry-leading hardware and software on a single, engineered system, it can help organizations quickly pinpoint time and labor cost advantages."
- Oracle In-Memory Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft
- Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Oracle Policy Automation
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Whitepaper: PeopleSoft InMemory Labor Rules and Monitoring for Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Modern HR in the Cloud Blog
- Data sheet: PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Blog Post: Announcing the General Availability of PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Follow PeopleSoft on Twitter
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Videos on YouTube
- PeopleSoft Apps Strategy Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 219
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 586
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 187
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 132
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 350
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 162
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 293
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 226
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 181
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 188
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 9, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 388
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., focused on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what do...
Feb. 9, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 254
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 9, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 368