|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2014 02:23 PM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 02/05/14 -- ORACLE HCM WORLD -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Organizations are often challenged to increase workforce productivity while managing operating costs, supporting regulatory compliance and maintaining employee satisfaction. With inevitable variations between planned and actual labor costs, this balancing act relies on organizations being able to fine tune their human capital operations based on real-time business needs. To address this challenge and help organizations achieve a competitive advantage, Oracle offers strategic, timely information, focused on the time and labor management process, to managers and HR decision-makers with a new Oracle In-Memory Application for Oracle's PeopleSoft. Designed to leverage the power of Oracle Engineered Systems and Oracle's industry-standard PeopleSoft HCM applications, PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring empowers organizations to effectively manage labor costs and policy rules in real-time.
- Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring, a new Oracle In-Memory Application for Oracle's PeopleSoft.
- By harnessing the power of Oracle Engineered Systems to maximize performance and speed, PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring can deliver real-time insight into planned and actual labor information.
- The new solution provides out-of-the-box integration between PeopleSoft Time and Labor and Oracle Policy Automation in conjunction with a configurable dashboard for front-line managers to quickly make sound labor decisions for a global workforce based on current business data analysis aggregated on a single dashboard.
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring enables organizations to:
- Leverage predefined, easily understood labor policy rules using the natural language capability provided by Oracle Policy Automation.
- Use Oracle Policy Automation to create or modify existing rules to simulate, test and deploy to a production environment.
- Empower managers to make more strategic decisions around employee time and labor by understanding exceptions and trends in overtime, absences, schedule deviations and other related labor data.
- Improve profitability and optimize resources by harnessing real-time data on business needs and labor costs as it occurs.
- Reduce the risk and cost of non-compliance with labor regulations by pre-delivering labor rules, such as overtime rules.
- Optimized to run on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud or Oracle SuperCluster, the new solution leverages the in-memory capabilities of Oracle Engineered Systems, including flash cache and InfiniBand, to help increase the speed of processing and communication, driving high performance and scalability.
- Oracle's engineered systems, servers and storage are engineered together with Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Applications to offer faster performance, greater efficiency, higher availability and near-unlimited scalability. By owning the entire stack from application to disk, Oracle can engineer, test, optimize and deliver a rich set of exclusive features and application accelerators.
- Running Oracle software on Oracle hardware, customers can lower the total cost of ownership, mitigate risk, improve user productivity and leverage Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c to streamline management while benefiting from the value of a single point of accountability. PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring is yet another example that Oracle applications run best on Oracle systems.
- "Intelligently managing the workforce requires having the right information at the right time in the hands of individuals who can act on it. Effectively managing labor spend can be challenging in our fast-changing, global business landscape, as it often includes managing employees across diverse regions, with a wide variety of local business practices," said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle's PeopleSoft. "With Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring, Oracle is enabling global businesses to clearly understand labor policies and execute on faster, better-informed decisions that maximize productivity and profitability. By combining industry-leading hardware and software on a single, engineered system, it can help organizations quickly pinpoint time and labor cost advantages."
- Oracle In-Memory Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft
- Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Oracle Policy Automation
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Whitepaper: PeopleSoft InMemory Labor Rules and Monitoring for Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Modern HR in the Cloud Blog
- Data sheet: PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Blog Post: Announcing the General Availability of PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Follow PeopleSoft on Twitter
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Videos on YouTube
- PeopleSoft Apps Strategy Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 27, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 329
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Sep. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,628
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Sep. 27, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 286
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,853
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,756
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,360
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,689
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,253
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,201
We’ve been doing it for years, decades for some. How many websites have you created accounts on? Your bank, your credit card companies, social media sites, hotels and travel sites, online shopping sites, and that’s just the start. We do it often without even thinking about it, quickly entering our personal information, our data, in a plethora of systems. Sometimes we’re not even aware of the information we are providing. It could be very personal information (think of the security questions you ...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,635
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,991
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,445
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,713
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,661
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,596