|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2014 02:23 PM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 02/05/14 -- ORACLE HCM WORLD -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Organizations are often challenged to increase workforce productivity while managing operating costs, supporting regulatory compliance and maintaining employee satisfaction. With inevitable variations between planned and actual labor costs, this balancing act relies on organizations being able to fine tune their human capital operations based on real-time business needs. To address this challenge and help organizations achieve a competitive advantage, Oracle offers strategic, timely information, focused on the time and labor management process, to managers and HR decision-makers with a new Oracle In-Memory Application for Oracle's PeopleSoft. Designed to leverage the power of Oracle Engineered Systems and Oracle's industry-standard PeopleSoft HCM applications, PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring empowers organizations to effectively manage labor costs and policy rules in real-time.
- Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring, a new Oracle In-Memory Application for Oracle's PeopleSoft.
- By harnessing the power of Oracle Engineered Systems to maximize performance and speed, PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring can deliver real-time insight into planned and actual labor information.
- The new solution provides out-of-the-box integration between PeopleSoft Time and Labor and Oracle Policy Automation in conjunction with a configurable dashboard for front-line managers to quickly make sound labor decisions for a global workforce based on current business data analysis aggregated on a single dashboard.
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring enables organizations to:
- Leverage predefined, easily understood labor policy rules using the natural language capability provided by Oracle Policy Automation.
- Use Oracle Policy Automation to create or modify existing rules to simulate, test and deploy to a production environment.
- Empower managers to make more strategic decisions around employee time and labor by understanding exceptions and trends in overtime, absences, schedule deviations and other related labor data.
- Improve profitability and optimize resources by harnessing real-time data on business needs and labor costs as it occurs.
- Reduce the risk and cost of non-compliance with labor regulations by pre-delivering labor rules, such as overtime rules.
- Optimized to run on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud or Oracle SuperCluster, the new solution leverages the in-memory capabilities of Oracle Engineered Systems, including flash cache and InfiniBand, to help increase the speed of processing and communication, driving high performance and scalability.
- Oracle's engineered systems, servers and storage are engineered together with Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Applications to offer faster performance, greater efficiency, higher availability and near-unlimited scalability. By owning the entire stack from application to disk, Oracle can engineer, test, optimize and deliver a rich set of exclusive features and application accelerators.
- Running Oracle software on Oracle hardware, customers can lower the total cost of ownership, mitigate risk, improve user productivity and leverage Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c to streamline management while benefiting from the value of a single point of accountability. PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring is yet another example that Oracle applications run best on Oracle systems.
- "Intelligently managing the workforce requires having the right information at the right time in the hands of individuals who can act on it. Effectively managing labor spend can be challenging in our fast-changing, global business landscape, as it often includes managing employees across diverse regions, with a wide variety of local business practices," said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle's PeopleSoft. "With Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring, Oracle is enabling global businesses to clearly understand labor policies and execute on faster, better-informed decisions that maximize productivity and profitability. By combining industry-leading hardware and software on a single, engineered system, it can help organizations quickly pinpoint time and labor cost advantages."
- Oracle In-Memory Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft
- Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Oracle Policy Automation
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Whitepaper: PeopleSoft InMemory Labor Rules and Monitoring for Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Modern HR in the Cloud Blog
- Data sheet: PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Blog Post: Announcing the General Availability of PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Follow PeopleSoft on Twitter
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Videos on YouTube
- PeopleSoft Apps Strategy Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,638
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,406
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 826
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 654
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,942
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 668
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,112
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 820
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,018
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 875
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 762
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 709
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 780
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,366
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,785