|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2014 02:23 PM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 02/05/14 -- ORACLE HCM WORLD -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Organizations are often challenged to increase workforce productivity while managing operating costs, supporting regulatory compliance and maintaining employee satisfaction. With inevitable variations between planned and actual labor costs, this balancing act relies on organizations being able to fine tune their human capital operations based on real-time business needs. To address this challenge and help organizations achieve a competitive advantage, Oracle offers strategic, timely information, focused on the time and labor management process, to managers and HR decision-makers with a new Oracle In-Memory Application for Oracle's PeopleSoft. Designed to leverage the power of Oracle Engineered Systems and Oracle's industry-standard PeopleSoft HCM applications, PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring empowers organizations to effectively manage labor costs and policy rules in real-time.
- Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring, a new Oracle In-Memory Application for Oracle's PeopleSoft.
- By harnessing the power of Oracle Engineered Systems to maximize performance and speed, PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring can deliver real-time insight into planned and actual labor information.
- The new solution provides out-of-the-box integration between PeopleSoft Time and Labor and Oracle Policy Automation in conjunction with a configurable dashboard for front-line managers to quickly make sound labor decisions for a global workforce based on current business data analysis aggregated on a single dashboard.
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring enables organizations to:
- Leverage predefined, easily understood labor policy rules using the natural language capability provided by Oracle Policy Automation.
- Use Oracle Policy Automation to create or modify existing rules to simulate, test and deploy to a production environment.
- Empower managers to make more strategic decisions around employee time and labor by understanding exceptions and trends in overtime, absences, schedule deviations and other related labor data.
- Improve profitability and optimize resources by harnessing real-time data on business needs and labor costs as it occurs.
- Reduce the risk and cost of non-compliance with labor regulations by pre-delivering labor rules, such as overtime rules.
- Optimized to run on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud or Oracle SuperCluster, the new solution leverages the in-memory capabilities of Oracle Engineered Systems, including flash cache and InfiniBand, to help increase the speed of processing and communication, driving high performance and scalability.
- Oracle's engineered systems, servers and storage are engineered together with Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Applications to offer faster performance, greater efficiency, higher availability and near-unlimited scalability. By owning the entire stack from application to disk, Oracle can engineer, test, optimize and deliver a rich set of exclusive features and application accelerators.
- Running Oracle software on Oracle hardware, customers can lower the total cost of ownership, mitigate risk, improve user productivity and leverage Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c to streamline management while benefiting from the value of a single point of accountability. PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring is yet another example that Oracle applications run best on Oracle systems.
- "Intelligently managing the workforce requires having the right information at the right time in the hands of individuals who can act on it. Effectively managing labor spend can be challenging in our fast-changing, global business landscape, as it often includes managing employees across diverse regions, with a wide variety of local business practices," said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle's PeopleSoft. "With Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring, Oracle is enabling global businesses to clearly understand labor policies and execute on faster, better-informed decisions that maximize productivity and profitability. By combining industry-leading hardware and software on a single, engineered system, it can help organizations quickly pinpoint time and labor cost advantages."
- Oracle In-Memory Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft
- Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Oracle Policy Automation
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Whitepaper: PeopleSoft InMemory Labor Rules and Monitoring for Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Modern HR in the Cloud Blog
- Data sheet: PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Blog Post: Announcing the General Availability of PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Follow PeopleSoft on Twitter
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Videos on YouTube
- PeopleSoft Apps Strategy Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 11:30 PM EST Reads: 1,146
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 514
In IT, we sometimes coin terms for things before we know exactly what they are and how they’ll be used. The resulting terms may capture a common set of aspirations and goals – as “cloud” did broadly for on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing. But such a term can also lump together diverse and even competing practices, technologies, and priorities to the point where important distinctions are glossed over and lost.
Dec. 9, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,715
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 301
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 9, 2016 09:45 PM EST Reads: 2,006
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,282
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 9, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,023
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for ...
Dec. 9, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 725
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 5,148
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,767
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,375
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,891
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,472
"MathFreeOn.com is a line coding platform for engineers and scientists. When they want to solve an engineering problem and they have to use software - they have to pay a lot of money for licenses - but with MathFreeOn you don't have to pay a lot of money. Just go to our site and write the code and you can check the result right away," explained Simon Lee, CMO of MathFreeOn, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Cla...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 422
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,080