|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2014 02:23 PM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 02/05/14 -- ORACLE HCM WORLD -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Organizations are often challenged to increase workforce productivity while managing operating costs, supporting regulatory compliance and maintaining employee satisfaction. With inevitable variations between planned and actual labor costs, this balancing act relies on organizations being able to fine tune their human capital operations based on real-time business needs. To address this challenge and help organizations achieve a competitive advantage, Oracle offers strategic, timely information, focused on the time and labor management process, to managers and HR decision-makers with a new Oracle In-Memory Application for Oracle's PeopleSoft. Designed to leverage the power of Oracle Engineered Systems and Oracle's industry-standard PeopleSoft HCM applications, PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring empowers organizations to effectively manage labor costs and policy rules in real-time.
- Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring, a new Oracle In-Memory Application for Oracle's PeopleSoft.
- By harnessing the power of Oracle Engineered Systems to maximize performance and speed, PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring can deliver real-time insight into planned and actual labor information.
- The new solution provides out-of-the-box integration between PeopleSoft Time and Labor and Oracle Policy Automation in conjunction with a configurable dashboard for front-line managers to quickly make sound labor decisions for a global workforce based on current business data analysis aggregated on a single dashboard.
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring enables organizations to:
- Leverage predefined, easily understood labor policy rules using the natural language capability provided by Oracle Policy Automation.
- Use Oracle Policy Automation to create or modify existing rules to simulate, test and deploy to a production environment.
- Empower managers to make more strategic decisions around employee time and labor by understanding exceptions and trends in overtime, absences, schedule deviations and other related labor data.
- Improve profitability and optimize resources by harnessing real-time data on business needs and labor costs as it occurs.
- Reduce the risk and cost of non-compliance with labor regulations by pre-delivering labor rules, such as overtime rules.
- Optimized to run on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud or Oracle SuperCluster, the new solution leverages the in-memory capabilities of Oracle Engineered Systems, including flash cache and InfiniBand, to help increase the speed of processing and communication, driving high performance and scalability.
- Oracle's engineered systems, servers and storage are engineered together with Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Applications to offer faster performance, greater efficiency, higher availability and near-unlimited scalability. By owning the entire stack from application to disk, Oracle can engineer, test, optimize and deliver a rich set of exclusive features and application accelerators.
- Running Oracle software on Oracle hardware, customers can lower the total cost of ownership, mitigate risk, improve user productivity and leverage Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c to streamline management while benefiting from the value of a single point of accountability. PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring is yet another example that Oracle applications run best on Oracle systems.
- "Intelligently managing the workforce requires having the right information at the right time in the hands of individuals who can act on it. Effectively managing labor spend can be challenging in our fast-changing, global business landscape, as it often includes managing employees across diverse regions, with a wide variety of local business practices," said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle's PeopleSoft. "With Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring, Oracle is enabling global businesses to clearly understand labor policies and execute on faster, better-informed decisions that maximize productivity and profitability. By combining industry-leading hardware and software on a single, engineered system, it can help organizations quickly pinpoint time and labor cost advantages."
- Oracle In-Memory Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft
- Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Oracle Policy Automation
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Whitepaper: PeopleSoft InMemory Labor Rules and Monitoring for Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Modern HR in the Cloud Blog
- Data sheet: PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Blog Post: Announcing the General Availability of PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Follow PeopleSoft on Twitter
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Videos on YouTube
- PeopleSoft Apps Strategy Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 20, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 161
In the first article of this three-part series on hybrid cloud security, we discussed the Shared Responsibility Model and examined how the most common attack strategies persist, are amplified, or are mitigated as assets move from data centers to the cloud. Today, we’ll look at some of the unique security challenges that are introduced by public cloud environments. While cloud computing delivers many operational, cost-saving and security benefits, it takes place in a public, shared and on-demand ...
Feb. 20, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,070
Both SaaS vendors and SaaS buyers are going “all-in” to hyperscale IaaS platforms such as AWS, which is disrupting the SaaS value proposition. Why should the enterprise SaaS consumer pay for the SaaS service if their data is resident in adjacent AWS S3 buckets? If both SaaS sellers and buyers are using the same cloud tools, automation and pay-per-transaction model offered by IaaS platforms, then why not host the “shrink-wrapped” software in the customers’ cloud? Further, serverless computing, cl...
Feb. 20, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,608
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin, ...
Feb. 20, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 4,575
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Feb. 20, 2017 05:15 AM EST
Information technology (IT) advances are transforming the way we innovate in business, thereby disrupting the old guard and their predictable status-quo. It’s creating global market turbulence. Industries are converging, and new opportunities and threats are emerging, like never before. So, how are savvy chief information officers (CIOs) leading this transition? Back in 2015, the IBM Institute for Business Value conducted a market study that included the findings from over 1,800 CIO interviews ...
Feb. 20, 2017 05:15 AM EST Reads: 1,347
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 20, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 6,147
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 20, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 1,337
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Feb. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,103
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Feb. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 4,156
China Unicom exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE FDD, TD-LTE), fixed-line broadband, ICT, data communica...
Feb. 20, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 832
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 20, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 5,214
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Feb. 20, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 2,395
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 20, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 971
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Feb. 20, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,415