|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2014 02:00 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/06/14 -- MWC 2014 Barcelona - The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance (http://www.fidoalliance.org/), an industry consortium revolutionizing online authentication with open standards for strong authentication, today announced plans for Mobile World Congress (MWC) taking place in Barcelona, Spain from February 24-27, 2014. FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that illustrate how universal strong authentication can establish trust and contribute to mobile and online expansion of services and secure user transactions. FIDO authentication equips users of online, cloud, and mobile applications to access sites and services and confirm transactions with better authentication that is more secure, private, and easier-to-use than passwords and PINs.
"At Mobile World Congress, FIDO Alliance members will engage the global mobile community in our important quest for universal strong authentication. Like the Internet, the mobile industry is limited until strong authentication standards are ubiquitous. Trust is foundational to mobile markets -- mobile users who can trust that the products and services they use are secure and private will organically push markets for more," said Michael Barrett, president of the FIDO Alliance. "With FIDO authentication, mobile services and products become easier to use with authentication that is simple, yet more secure and private than passwords and PINs."
Meet the FIDO Alliance at Mobile World Congress 2014
- Tuesday, February 25 from 11:00 am-2:30 pm, Room CC 1.1 - The GSMA will host the Personal Data Seminar, sharing the latest developments in the digital identity landscape. FIDO Alliance founding board member, and Synaptics Chief Evangelist, BPD Sebastien Taveau will lead a 40-minute panel discussion "Why the Market Chooses Digital Identity Solutions" with service providers from various vertical industries.
- Thursday, February 27 from 1:30-4:00 pm, Hall 4 (Conference Village), Auditorium 5 -- "Developing the Ecosystem for Mobile Identity Services" -- the first segment of the panel will feature FIDO Alliance board members Nok Nok Labs and Synaptics in a joint presentation introducing the FIDO Alliance to MWC business leaders. Speakers Rajiv Dholakia, VP, Products, Nok Nok Labs and Bret Sewell, SVP, Marketing & Business Development, Synaptics will be presenting for 15 minutes and be available for questions during the panel session and immediately thereafter.
- Oberthur Technologies (OT), FIDO Alliance board member, will host several FIDO Alliance members in a discussion: "Safer Cloud: How to Unlock the Potential of Cloud Services". A "convenient security" event, the presentation will focus on security and privacy in the mobile world -- core expertise of OT. Cloud services, and MNOs, especially, will benefit from understanding how to unlock the potential of Cloud services. OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127.
- Nok Nok Labs will be present at GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31. To schedule a meeting with a NNL executive, please contact [email protected].
FIDO Ready Products and Innovative Authentication at Mobile World Congress
FIDO Alliance members participating with FIDO Ready products and services at MWC include AGNITiO, Infineon Technologies, Nok Nok Labs, and NXP Semiconductors.
FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that are based on FIDO specifications. These solutions have undergone an interoperability testing process against the draft specification, hosted by an independent testing organization and leveraging the Nok Nok Labs Multifactor Authentication Client and Server. MWC demonstrations of FIDO Ready products will illustrate the clear value interoperable, easy-to-use, secure and private authentication devices and solutions can deliver to mobile platforms, transactions, and users.
Organizations are increasingly challenged to manage user bases of personal information and passwords. While their users are increasingly frustrated trying to remember and manage multiple passwords to access sites and services and confirm actions they take every day. FIDO innovations address a key pain point for mobile users and providers, including the range of Relying Parties offering mobile and cloud services, who currently must attempt to manage users' passwords across a virulent threat landscape. Industry-driven FIDO authentication enables existing and new authentication products and services to deliver better authentication that overcomes the prevailing reliance on passwords. Specifications for FIDO authentication outline a model with a core focus on privacy -- all biometric and/or personally identifiable information (PII) stays local on the user's mobile device and is not shared to the cloud or over the network.
- AGNITiO "Voice iD" protects a user from device to call center, by identifying their unique, natural spoken voice. AGNITiO will demonstrate Voice iD as a simple, universal way to replace passwords and PINs when authenticating smartphones, laptops and applications, and securing digital transactions. See Voice iD in multifactor demonstrations at Showstoppers, February 23 from 4-7pm in the Palau de la Musica Catalana; and Oberthur Technologies' Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127; and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31.
- GO-Trust FIDO microSD supports FIDO login and includes 8GB memory capacity for user storage. FIDO microSD will work with 99 percent of existing laptops and personal computers and the one billion Android devices in the marketplace, making devices FIDO Ready. For enterprises and end users, microSD will soon be available at popular online merchants like eBay and Amazon. Demos of GO-Trust FIDO microSD can be seen at Infineon Technologies booth, Hall 2 Stand 21 10MR.
- Infineon Technologies will demonstrate multiple FIDO Ready products for mobile and PC applications that take advantage of Infineon security controllers. A founding member of the FIDO Alliance, Infineon strongly focuses on FIDO certifications in order to equip system providers with secure integration and management of online credentials. Infineon is committed to enabling millions of users of PCs, tablets and smartphones to securely authenticate themselves before executing online transactions. Infineon Technologies booth, Hall 2 Stand 21 10MR
- Nok Nok Labs will be at GSMA, The Connected City, demonstrating a combined solution with Oberthur Technologies, showing the UAF protocol running inside a SIM card on an Android smartphone. Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31,
- NXP Semiconductors brings Cyber Security to cloud services through FIDO Ready products, using both UAF & U2F protocols. Simpler user experience and stronger authentication; NXP will demonstrate mobile platform integration including a Secure Element running the Universal Authentication Framework scheme connecting to a live backend server. Determined to solve online credentials and sensitive transaction challenges, NXP's Secure Element brings leading-edge secure connections to cloud services. Hall 7 Stand 7 C31
- Oberthur Technologies (OT), with fellow FIDO Alliance board member, Nok Nok Labs, will present a world's first demonstration of FIDO authentication in a SIM. OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127; and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31
- Oberthur Technologies and FIDO Alliance founding member AGNITiO, in a second demonstration of "convenient security", will show "My Voice is My Password", the SESAMES award-winning solution from CARTES 2013. Online and mobile payments and other transactions are made both easy and secure for users, who employ their unique voice biometric to confirm transactions, while biometric data and software are kept safe on a mobile phone's only trustworthy element: the embedded secure element (eSE). OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127 and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31
Open FIDO specifications will support a full range of authentication technologies, including biometrics such as fingerprint and iris scanners, voice and facial recognition, as well as further enabling existing solutions and communications standards, such as Trusted Platform Modules (TPM), USB Security Tokens, embedded Secure Elements (eSE), Smart Cards, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and Near Field Communication (NFC). The open specifications are being designed to be extensible and to accommodate future innovation, as well as protect existing investments. FIDO specifications allow the interaction of technologies within an interoperable infrastructure, enabling authentication choice to meet the distinct needs of users and organizations.
About The FIDO Alliance
The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, www.fidoalliance.org, was formed in July 2012 to address the lack of interoperability among strong authentication technologies, and remedy the problems users face with creating and remembering multiple usernames and passwords. The Alliance plans to change the nature of authentication by developing standards-based specifications for simpler, stronger authentication that define an open, scalable, interoperable set of mechanisms that reduce reliance on passwords. FIDO authentication is stronger, private, and easier to use when authenticating to online services.
The FIDO Alliance Board of Directors includes leading global organizations: Blackberry®; CrucialTec (KRX: 114120); Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS); Google; Lenovo; MasterCard (NYSE: MA); Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT); Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI); Oberthur Technologies OT; PayPal (NASDAQ: EBAY) ; RSA®; Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA); Yubico
for FIDO Alliance
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 716
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 1, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,040
DevOps and microservices are permeating software engineering teams broadly, whether these teams are in pure software shops but happen to run a business, such Uber and Airbnb, or in companies that rely heavily on software to run more traditional business, such as financial firms or high-end manufacturers. Microservices and DevOps have created software development and therefore business speed and agility benefits, but they have also created problems; specifically, they have created software sec...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,423
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,439
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 759
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 488
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 507
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,538
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,262
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Sep. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,848
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,121
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Sep. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,834
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,062
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Sep. 30, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 497
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera M...
Sep. 30, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,199