|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2014 02:00 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/06/14 -- MWC 2014 Barcelona - The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance (http://www.fidoalliance.org/), an industry consortium revolutionizing online authentication with open standards for strong authentication, today announced plans for Mobile World Congress (MWC) taking place in Barcelona, Spain from February 24-27, 2014. FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that illustrate how universal strong authentication can establish trust and contribute to mobile and online expansion of services and secure user transactions. FIDO authentication equips users of online, cloud, and mobile applications to access sites and services and confirm transactions with better authentication that is more secure, private, and easier-to-use than passwords and PINs.
"At Mobile World Congress, FIDO Alliance members will engage the global mobile community in our important quest for universal strong authentication. Like the Internet, the mobile industry is limited until strong authentication standards are ubiquitous. Trust is foundational to mobile markets -- mobile users who can trust that the products and services they use are secure and private will organically push markets for more," said Michael Barrett, president of the FIDO Alliance. "With FIDO authentication, mobile services and products become easier to use with authentication that is simple, yet more secure and private than passwords and PINs."
Meet the FIDO Alliance at Mobile World Congress 2014
- Tuesday, February 25 from 11:00 am-2:30 pm, Room CC 1.1 - The GSMA will host the Personal Data Seminar, sharing the latest developments in the digital identity landscape. FIDO Alliance founding board member, and Synaptics Chief Evangelist, BPD Sebastien Taveau will lead a 40-minute panel discussion "Why the Market Chooses Digital Identity Solutions" with service providers from various vertical industries.
- Thursday, February 27 from 1:30-4:00 pm, Hall 4 (Conference Village), Auditorium 5 -- "Developing the Ecosystem for Mobile Identity Services" -- the first segment of the panel will feature FIDO Alliance board members Nok Nok Labs and Synaptics in a joint presentation introducing the FIDO Alliance to MWC business leaders. Speakers Rajiv Dholakia, VP, Products, Nok Nok Labs and Bret Sewell, SVP, Marketing & Business Development, Synaptics will be presenting for 15 minutes and be available for questions during the panel session and immediately thereafter.
- Oberthur Technologies (OT), FIDO Alliance board member, will host several FIDO Alliance members in a discussion: "Safer Cloud: How to Unlock the Potential of Cloud Services". A "convenient security" event, the presentation will focus on security and privacy in the mobile world -- core expertise of OT. Cloud services, and MNOs, especially, will benefit from understanding how to unlock the potential of Cloud services. OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127.
- Nok Nok Labs will be present at GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31. To schedule a meeting with a NNL executive, please contact [email protected].
FIDO Ready Products and Innovative Authentication at Mobile World Congress
FIDO Alliance members participating with FIDO Ready products and services at MWC include AGNITiO, Infineon Technologies, Nok Nok Labs, and NXP Semiconductors.
FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that are based on FIDO specifications. These solutions have undergone an interoperability testing process against the draft specification, hosted by an independent testing organization and leveraging the Nok Nok Labs Multifactor Authentication Client and Server. MWC demonstrations of FIDO Ready products will illustrate the clear value interoperable, easy-to-use, secure and private authentication devices and solutions can deliver to mobile platforms, transactions, and users.
Organizations are increasingly challenged to manage user bases of personal information and passwords. While their users are increasingly frustrated trying to remember and manage multiple passwords to access sites and services and confirm actions they take every day. FIDO innovations address a key pain point for mobile users and providers, including the range of Relying Parties offering mobile and cloud services, who currently must attempt to manage users' passwords across a virulent threat landscape. Industry-driven FIDO authentication enables existing and new authentication products and services to deliver better authentication that overcomes the prevailing reliance on passwords. Specifications for FIDO authentication outline a model with a core focus on privacy -- all biometric and/or personally identifiable information (PII) stays local on the user's mobile device and is not shared to the cloud or over the network.
- AGNITiO "Voice iD" protects a user from device to call center, by identifying their unique, natural spoken voice. AGNITiO will demonstrate Voice iD as a simple, universal way to replace passwords and PINs when authenticating smartphones, laptops and applications, and securing digital transactions. See Voice iD in multifactor demonstrations at Showstoppers, February 23 from 4-7pm in the Palau de la Musica Catalana; and Oberthur Technologies' Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127; and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31.
- GO-Trust FIDO microSD supports FIDO login and includes 8GB memory capacity for user storage. FIDO microSD will work with 99 percent of existing laptops and personal computers and the one billion Android devices in the marketplace, making devices FIDO Ready. For enterprises and end users, microSD will soon be available at popular online merchants like eBay and Amazon. Demos of GO-Trust FIDO microSD can be seen at Infineon Technologies booth, Hall 2 Stand 21 10MR.
- Infineon Technologies will demonstrate multiple FIDO Ready products for mobile and PC applications that take advantage of Infineon security controllers. A founding member of the FIDO Alliance, Infineon strongly focuses on FIDO certifications in order to equip system providers with secure integration and management of online credentials. Infineon is committed to enabling millions of users of PCs, tablets and smartphones to securely authenticate themselves before executing online transactions. Infineon Technologies booth, Hall 2 Stand 21 10MR
- Nok Nok Labs will be at GSMA, The Connected City, demonstrating a combined solution with Oberthur Technologies, showing the UAF protocol running inside a SIM card on an Android smartphone. Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31,
- NXP Semiconductors brings Cyber Security to cloud services through FIDO Ready products, using both UAF & U2F protocols. Simpler user experience and stronger authentication; NXP will demonstrate mobile platform integration including a Secure Element running the Universal Authentication Framework scheme connecting to a live backend server. Determined to solve online credentials and sensitive transaction challenges, NXP's Secure Element brings leading-edge secure connections to cloud services. Hall 7 Stand 7 C31
- Oberthur Technologies (OT), with fellow FIDO Alliance board member, Nok Nok Labs, will present a world's first demonstration of FIDO authentication in a SIM. OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127; and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31
- Oberthur Technologies and FIDO Alliance founding member AGNITiO, in a second demonstration of "convenient security", will show "My Voice is My Password", the SESAMES award-winning solution from CARTES 2013. Online and mobile payments and other transactions are made both easy and secure for users, who employ their unique voice biometric to confirm transactions, while biometric data and software are kept safe on a mobile phone's only trustworthy element: the embedded secure element (eSE). OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127 and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31
Open FIDO specifications will support a full range of authentication technologies, including biometrics such as fingerprint and iris scanners, voice and facial recognition, as well as further enabling existing solutions and communications standards, such as Trusted Platform Modules (TPM), USB Security Tokens, embedded Secure Elements (eSE), Smart Cards, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and Near Field Communication (NFC). The open specifications are being designed to be extensible and to accommodate future innovation, as well as protect existing investments. FIDO specifications allow the interaction of technologies within an interoperable infrastructure, enabling authentication choice to meet the distinct needs of users and organizations.
About The FIDO Alliance
The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, www.fidoalliance.org, was formed in July 2012 to address the lack of interoperability among strong authentication technologies, and remedy the problems users face with creating and remembering multiple usernames and passwords. The Alliance plans to change the nature of authentication by developing standards-based specifications for simpler, stronger authentication that define an open, scalable, interoperable set of mechanisms that reduce reliance on passwords. FIDO authentication is stronger, private, and easier to use when authenticating to online services.
The FIDO Alliance Board of Directors includes leading global organizations: Blackberry®; CrucialTec (KRX: 114120); Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS); Google; Lenovo; MasterCard (NYSE: MA); Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT); Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI); Oberthur Technologies OT; PayPal (NASDAQ: EBAY) ; RSA®; Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA); Yubico
for FIDO Alliance
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 27, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,867
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 421
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that cl...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 452
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his session at @DevOpsSummit 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will show how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that enables everyon...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,361
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 754
“Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CloudBerry Backup is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,506
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,112
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,121
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 723
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,830
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,860
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Oct. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,691
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and deve...
Oct. 27, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,534
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Oct. 27, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,591
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,127