|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2014 02:00 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/06/14 -- MWC 2014 Barcelona - The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance (http://www.fidoalliance.org/), an industry consortium revolutionizing online authentication with open standards for strong authentication, today announced plans for Mobile World Congress (MWC) taking place in Barcelona, Spain from February 24-27, 2014. FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that illustrate how universal strong authentication can establish trust and contribute to mobile and online expansion of services and secure user transactions. FIDO authentication equips users of online, cloud, and mobile applications to access sites and services and confirm transactions with better authentication that is more secure, private, and easier-to-use than passwords and PINs.
"At Mobile World Congress, FIDO Alliance members will engage the global mobile community in our important quest for universal strong authentication. Like the Internet, the mobile industry is limited until strong authentication standards are ubiquitous. Trust is foundational to mobile markets -- mobile users who can trust that the products and services they use are secure and private will organically push markets for more," said Michael Barrett, president of the FIDO Alliance. "With FIDO authentication, mobile services and products become easier to use with authentication that is simple, yet more secure and private than passwords and PINs."
Meet the FIDO Alliance at Mobile World Congress 2014
- Tuesday, February 25 from 11:00 am-2:30 pm, Room CC 1.1 - The GSMA will host the Personal Data Seminar, sharing the latest developments in the digital identity landscape. FIDO Alliance founding board member, and Synaptics Chief Evangelist, BPD Sebastien Taveau will lead a 40-minute panel discussion "Why the Market Chooses Digital Identity Solutions" with service providers from various vertical industries.
- Thursday, February 27 from 1:30-4:00 pm, Hall 4 (Conference Village), Auditorium 5 -- "Developing the Ecosystem for Mobile Identity Services" -- the first segment of the panel will feature FIDO Alliance board members Nok Nok Labs and Synaptics in a joint presentation introducing the FIDO Alliance to MWC business leaders. Speakers Rajiv Dholakia, VP, Products, Nok Nok Labs and Bret Sewell, SVP, Marketing & Business Development, Synaptics will be presenting for 15 minutes and be available for questions during the panel session and immediately thereafter.
- Oberthur Technologies (OT), FIDO Alliance board member, will host several FIDO Alliance members in a discussion: "Safer Cloud: How to Unlock the Potential of Cloud Services". A "convenient security" event, the presentation will focus on security and privacy in the mobile world -- core expertise of OT. Cloud services, and MNOs, especially, will benefit from understanding how to unlock the potential of Cloud services. OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127.
- Nok Nok Labs will be present at GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31. To schedule a meeting with a NNL executive, please contact [email protected].
FIDO Ready Products and Innovative Authentication at Mobile World Congress
FIDO Alliance members participating with FIDO Ready products and services at MWC include AGNITiO, Infineon Technologies, Nok Nok Labs, and NXP Semiconductors.
FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that are based on FIDO specifications. These solutions have undergone an interoperability testing process against the draft specification, hosted by an independent testing organization and leveraging the Nok Nok Labs Multifactor Authentication Client and Server. MWC demonstrations of FIDO Ready products will illustrate the clear value interoperable, easy-to-use, secure and private authentication devices and solutions can deliver to mobile platforms, transactions, and users.
Organizations are increasingly challenged to manage user bases of personal information and passwords. While their users are increasingly frustrated trying to remember and manage multiple passwords to access sites and services and confirm actions they take every day. FIDO innovations address a key pain point for mobile users and providers, including the range of Relying Parties offering mobile and cloud services, who currently must attempt to manage users' passwords across a virulent threat landscape. Industry-driven FIDO authentication enables existing and new authentication products and services to deliver better authentication that overcomes the prevailing reliance on passwords. Specifications for FIDO authentication outline a model with a core focus on privacy -- all biometric and/or personally identifiable information (PII) stays local on the user's mobile device and is not shared to the cloud or over the network.
- AGNITiO "Voice iD" protects a user from device to call center, by identifying their unique, natural spoken voice. AGNITiO will demonstrate Voice iD as a simple, universal way to replace passwords and PINs when authenticating smartphones, laptops and applications, and securing digital transactions. See Voice iD in multifactor demonstrations at Showstoppers, February 23 from 4-7pm in the Palau de la Musica Catalana; and Oberthur Technologies' Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127; and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31.
- GO-Trust FIDO microSD supports FIDO login and includes 8GB memory capacity for user storage. FIDO microSD will work with 99 percent of existing laptops and personal computers and the one billion Android devices in the marketplace, making devices FIDO Ready. For enterprises and end users, microSD will soon be available at popular online merchants like eBay and Amazon. Demos of GO-Trust FIDO microSD can be seen at Infineon Technologies booth, Hall 2 Stand 21 10MR.
- Infineon Technologies will demonstrate multiple FIDO Ready products for mobile and PC applications that take advantage of Infineon security controllers. A founding member of the FIDO Alliance, Infineon strongly focuses on FIDO certifications in order to equip system providers with secure integration and management of online credentials. Infineon is committed to enabling millions of users of PCs, tablets and smartphones to securely authenticate themselves before executing online transactions. Infineon Technologies booth, Hall 2 Stand 21 10MR
- Nok Nok Labs will be at GSMA, The Connected City, demonstrating a combined solution with Oberthur Technologies, showing the UAF protocol running inside a SIM card on an Android smartphone. Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31,
- NXP Semiconductors brings Cyber Security to cloud services through FIDO Ready products, using both UAF & U2F protocols. Simpler user experience and stronger authentication; NXP will demonstrate mobile platform integration including a Secure Element running the Universal Authentication Framework scheme connecting to a live backend server. Determined to solve online credentials and sensitive transaction challenges, NXP's Secure Element brings leading-edge secure connections to cloud services. Hall 7 Stand 7 C31
- Oberthur Technologies (OT), with fellow FIDO Alliance board member, Nok Nok Labs, will present a world's first demonstration of FIDO authentication in a SIM. OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127; and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31
- Oberthur Technologies and FIDO Alliance founding member AGNITiO, in a second demonstration of "convenient security", will show "My Voice is My Password", the SESAMES award-winning solution from CARTES 2013. Online and mobile payments and other transactions are made both easy and secure for users, who employ their unique voice biometric to confirm transactions, while biometric data and software are kept safe on a mobile phone's only trustworthy element: the embedded secure element (eSE). OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127 and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31
Open FIDO specifications will support a full range of authentication technologies, including biometrics such as fingerprint and iris scanners, voice and facial recognition, as well as further enabling existing solutions and communications standards, such as Trusted Platform Modules (TPM), USB Security Tokens, embedded Secure Elements (eSE), Smart Cards, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and Near Field Communication (NFC). The open specifications are being designed to be extensible and to accommodate future innovation, as well as protect existing investments. FIDO specifications allow the interaction of technologies within an interoperable infrastructure, enabling authentication choice to meet the distinct needs of users and organizations.
About The FIDO Alliance
The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, www.fidoalliance.org, was formed in July 2012 to address the lack of interoperability among strong authentication technologies, and remedy the problems users face with creating and remembering multiple usernames and passwords. The Alliance plans to change the nature of authentication by developing standards-based specifications for simpler, stronger authentication that define an open, scalable, interoperable set of mechanisms that reduce reliance on passwords. FIDO authentication is stronger, private, and easier to use when authenticating to online services.
The FIDO Alliance Board of Directors includes leading global organizations: Blackberry®; CrucialTec (KRX: 114120); Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS); Google; Lenovo; MasterCard (NYSE: MA); Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT); Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI); Oberthur Technologies OT; PayPal (NASDAQ: EBAY) ; RSA®; Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA); Yubico
for FIDO Alliance
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 21, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 1,050
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 21, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,520
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 21, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,141
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 21, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 316
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,232
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,386
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 7,555
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 888
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,542
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 21, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,151
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Feb. 21, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,757
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Feb. 21, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,317
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Feb. 21, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 6,894
The financial services market is one of the most data-driven industries in the world, yet it’s bogged down by legacy CPU technologies that simply can’t keep up with the task of querying and visualizing billions of records. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jared Parker, Director of Financial Services at Kinetica, will discuss how the advent of advanced in-database analytics on the GPU makes it possible to run sophisticated data science workloads on the same database that is housing the rich inf...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,264
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 21, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 814