|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2014 02:00 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/06/14 -- MWC 2014 Barcelona - The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance (http://www.fidoalliance.org/), an industry consortium revolutionizing online authentication with open standards for strong authentication, today announced plans for Mobile World Congress (MWC) taking place in Barcelona, Spain from February 24-27, 2014. FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that illustrate how universal strong authentication can establish trust and contribute to mobile and online expansion of services and secure user transactions. FIDO authentication equips users of online, cloud, and mobile applications to access sites and services and confirm transactions with better authentication that is more secure, private, and easier-to-use than passwords and PINs.
"At Mobile World Congress, FIDO Alliance members will engage the global mobile community in our important quest for universal strong authentication. Like the Internet, the mobile industry is limited until strong authentication standards are ubiquitous. Trust is foundational to mobile markets -- mobile users who can trust that the products and services they use are secure and private will organically push markets for more," said Michael Barrett, president of the FIDO Alliance. "With FIDO authentication, mobile services and products become easier to use with authentication that is simple, yet more secure and private than passwords and PINs."
Meet the FIDO Alliance at Mobile World Congress 2014
- Tuesday, February 25 from 11:00 am-2:30 pm, Room CC 1.1 - The GSMA will host the Personal Data Seminar, sharing the latest developments in the digital identity landscape. FIDO Alliance founding board member, and Synaptics Chief Evangelist, BPD Sebastien Taveau will lead a 40-minute panel discussion "Why the Market Chooses Digital Identity Solutions" with service providers from various vertical industries.
- Thursday, February 27 from 1:30-4:00 pm, Hall 4 (Conference Village), Auditorium 5 -- "Developing the Ecosystem for Mobile Identity Services" -- the first segment of the panel will feature FIDO Alliance board members Nok Nok Labs and Synaptics in a joint presentation introducing the FIDO Alliance to MWC business leaders. Speakers Rajiv Dholakia, VP, Products, Nok Nok Labs and Bret Sewell, SVP, Marketing & Business Development, Synaptics will be presenting for 15 minutes and be available for questions during the panel session and immediately thereafter.
- Oberthur Technologies (OT), FIDO Alliance board member, will host several FIDO Alliance members in a discussion: "Safer Cloud: How to Unlock the Potential of Cloud Services". A "convenient security" event, the presentation will focus on security and privacy in the mobile world -- core expertise of OT. Cloud services, and MNOs, especially, will benefit from understanding how to unlock the potential of Cloud services. OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127.
- Nok Nok Labs will be present at GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31. To schedule a meeting with a NNL executive, please contact [email protected].
FIDO Ready Products and Innovative Authentication at Mobile World Congress
FIDO Alliance members participating with FIDO Ready products and services at MWC include AGNITiO, Infineon Technologies, Nok Nok Labs, and NXP Semiconductors.
FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that are based on FIDO specifications. These solutions have undergone an interoperability testing process against the draft specification, hosted by an independent testing organization and leveraging the Nok Nok Labs Multifactor Authentication Client and Server. MWC demonstrations of FIDO Ready products will illustrate the clear value interoperable, easy-to-use, secure and private authentication devices and solutions can deliver to mobile platforms, transactions, and users.
Organizations are increasingly challenged to manage user bases of personal information and passwords. While their users are increasingly frustrated trying to remember and manage multiple passwords to access sites and services and confirm actions they take every day. FIDO innovations address a key pain point for mobile users and providers, including the range of Relying Parties offering mobile and cloud services, who currently must attempt to manage users' passwords across a virulent threat landscape. Industry-driven FIDO authentication enables existing and new authentication products and services to deliver better authentication that overcomes the prevailing reliance on passwords. Specifications for FIDO authentication outline a model with a core focus on privacy -- all biometric and/or personally identifiable information (PII) stays local on the user's mobile device and is not shared to the cloud or over the network.
- AGNITiO "Voice iD" protects a user from device to call center, by identifying their unique, natural spoken voice. AGNITiO will demonstrate Voice iD as a simple, universal way to replace passwords and PINs when authenticating smartphones, laptops and applications, and securing digital transactions. See Voice iD in multifactor demonstrations at Showstoppers, February 23 from 4-7pm in the Palau de la Musica Catalana; and Oberthur Technologies' Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127; and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31.
- GO-Trust FIDO microSD supports FIDO login and includes 8GB memory capacity for user storage. FIDO microSD will work with 99 percent of existing laptops and personal computers and the one billion Android devices in the marketplace, making devices FIDO Ready. For enterprises and end users, microSD will soon be available at popular online merchants like eBay and Amazon. Demos of GO-Trust FIDO microSD can be seen at Infineon Technologies booth, Hall 2 Stand 21 10MR.
- Infineon Technologies will demonstrate multiple FIDO Ready products for mobile and PC applications that take advantage of Infineon security controllers. A founding member of the FIDO Alliance, Infineon strongly focuses on FIDO certifications in order to equip system providers with secure integration and management of online credentials. Infineon is committed to enabling millions of users of PCs, tablets and smartphones to securely authenticate themselves before executing online transactions. Infineon Technologies booth, Hall 2 Stand 21 10MR
- Nok Nok Labs will be at GSMA, The Connected City, demonstrating a combined solution with Oberthur Technologies, showing the UAF protocol running inside a SIM card on an Android smartphone. Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31,
- NXP Semiconductors brings Cyber Security to cloud services through FIDO Ready products, using both UAF & U2F protocols. Simpler user experience and stronger authentication; NXP will demonstrate mobile platform integration including a Secure Element running the Universal Authentication Framework scheme connecting to a live backend server. Determined to solve online credentials and sensitive transaction challenges, NXP's Secure Element brings leading-edge secure connections to cloud services. Hall 7 Stand 7 C31
- Oberthur Technologies (OT), with fellow FIDO Alliance board member, Nok Nok Labs, will present a world's first demonstration of FIDO authentication in a SIM. OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127; and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31
- Oberthur Technologies and FIDO Alliance founding member AGNITiO, in a second demonstration of "convenient security", will show "My Voice is My Password", the SESAMES award-winning solution from CARTES 2013. Online and mobile payments and other transactions are made both easy and secure for users, who employ their unique voice biometric to confirm transactions, while biometric data and software are kept safe on a mobile phone's only trustworthy element: the embedded secure element (eSE). OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127 and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31
Open FIDO specifications will support a full range of authentication technologies, including biometrics such as fingerprint and iris scanners, voice and facial recognition, as well as further enabling existing solutions and communications standards, such as Trusted Platform Modules (TPM), USB Security Tokens, embedded Secure Elements (eSE), Smart Cards, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and Near Field Communication (NFC). The open specifications are being designed to be extensible and to accommodate future innovation, as well as protect existing investments. FIDO specifications allow the interaction of technologies within an interoperable infrastructure, enabling authentication choice to meet the distinct needs of users and organizations.
About The FIDO Alliance
The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, www.fidoalliance.org, was formed in July 2012 to address the lack of interoperability among strong authentication technologies, and remedy the problems users face with creating and remembering multiple usernames and passwords. The Alliance plans to change the nature of authentication by developing standards-based specifications for simpler, stronger authentication that define an open, scalable, interoperable set of mechanisms that reduce reliance on passwords. FIDO authentication is stronger, private, and easier to use when authenticating to online services.
The FIDO Alliance Board of Directors includes leading global organizations: Blackberry®; CrucialTec (KRX: 114120); Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS); Google; Lenovo; MasterCard (NYSE: MA); Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT); Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI); Oberthur Technologies OT; PayPal (NASDAQ: EBAY) ; RSA®; Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA); Yubico
for FIDO Alliance
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,851
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,223
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,043
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 395
With over 720 million Internet users and 40–50% CAGR, the Chinese Cloud Computing market has been booming. When talking about cloud computing, what are the Chinese users of cloud thinking about? What is the most powerful force that can push them to make the buying decision? How to tap into them? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yu Hao, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, answered these questions and discussed the results of SpeedyCloud’s survey.
Aug. 30, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,319
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,933
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,664
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,487
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,440
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 29, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,872
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 918
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,980
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 29, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 847
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 800
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 341