|By PR Newswire||
|February 6, 2014 10:23 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Assessing the Customer Preference for Low Voltage Product Brands in Four Southeast Asian Countries
Products covered in the study are low voltage circuit breakers, contactors, disconnectors and relays. End-user brand preference of various brands are analyzed in detail for sectors such as residential, commercial complexes, hospitals, hotels, datacenters and telecom sector.
Research Objective and Methodology
This study investigates end-user brand preference of Low Voltage (LV) power products based on several key parameters in Southeast Asia (SE Asia). The analysis and findings presented in this research study are based on a survey of 50-60 product distributors, dealers, and system integrators.
The survey questionnaire was answered by a sample of LV power product dealers, distributors, and system integrators for each SE Asian country.
• Sample size is a combination of LV power product dealers, distributors, and system integrators.
• A total of Xinterviews were conducted in Southeast Asia. Quotas were set to ensure an approximately equal number of respondents per country.
• In certain charts, numbers may not add to 100% because of rounding.
Field work was conducted from July to August 2013.
• The Philippines
• Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB)
• Residual Current Device (RCD)
• Molded-case Circuit Breaker (MCCB)
• Air Circuit Breaker (ACB)
• Disconnectors and Switches
• Relays and Contactors
Electrical Packaged Solutions: These are integrated packages containing LV products and assemblies supplied to residential/commercial projects.
• The most price sensitive customers are in the residential sector, while the commercial buildings segment is most keen on adhering to delivery schedules.
• The telecom sector, and hospitals and institutions are very particular about procuring LV products of recognized brands and high quality.
• ABB and Schneider Electric and the two most preferred customer brands amongst SE Asian customers.
• LS Industrial Systems, Eaton Corporation, Hager, and GAC from Taiwan are preferred in the residential sector, along with Chinese and local brands. Residential customers in Singapore, the Philippines, and Malaysia are more brand-driven than in the rest of Southeast Asia.
• System integrators, dealers, and distributors of LV power products play a key role in product distribution. In all customer segments, majority of the distribution is routed through dealers and distributors.
• There has been an increasing trend among the residential and commercial customers to procure 'electrical package-solution' over products, mostly in Malaysia and Singapore.
1. The residential and commercial building sectors are price sensitive—competitors such as LSIS and Eaton Corporation are the most preferred brands.
2. Telecom, datacenters, and hospitals have a high preference for recognized brands and product quality. ABB, Schneider Electric, and Siemens AG were preferred by these customers.
3. Consistent product enhancements such as compact design, increased efficiency, and reliability have attracted customers in the Singapore and Malaysia markets.
4. All customer sectors except residential users have an increased preference for procuring LV product solution packages.
5. Best practices such as prompt customer service support and delivery time adherence play a significant role in shaping a customer's brand preferences.
Table of Contents
1. Research Objective, Methodology, and Scope
2. Executive Summary
5. The Philippines
8. The Frost & Sullivan Story
Read the full report:
Southeast Asia Low Voltage Electrical Equipment Brand Preferences
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 282
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 379
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 141
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 26, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 112
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 440
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 116
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 281
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 26, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 362
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 26, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 370
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 473
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 26, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 263
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 26, 2015 08:30 AM EST Reads: 187
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 26, 2015 06:45 AM EST Reads: 396
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Nov. 26, 2015 06:15 AM EST Reads: 299
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Nov. 26, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 355