|By PR Newswire||
|February 6, 2014 10:23 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Assessing the Customer Preference for Low Voltage Product Brands in Four Southeast Asian Countries
Products covered in the study are low voltage circuit breakers, contactors, disconnectors and relays. End-user brand preference of various brands are analyzed in detail for sectors such as residential, commercial complexes, hospitals, hotels, datacenters and telecom sector.
Research Objective and Methodology
This study investigates end-user brand preference of Low Voltage (LV) power products based on several key parameters in Southeast Asia (SE Asia). The analysis and findings presented in this research study are based on a survey of 50-60 product distributors, dealers, and system integrators.
The survey questionnaire was answered by a sample of LV power product dealers, distributors, and system integrators for each SE Asian country.
• Sample size is a combination of LV power product dealers, distributors, and system integrators.
• A total of Xinterviews were conducted in Southeast Asia. Quotas were set to ensure an approximately equal number of respondents per country.
• In certain charts, numbers may not add to 100% because of rounding.
Field work was conducted from July to August 2013.
• The Philippines
• Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB)
• Residual Current Device (RCD)
• Molded-case Circuit Breaker (MCCB)
• Air Circuit Breaker (ACB)
• Disconnectors and Switches
• Relays and Contactors
Electrical Packaged Solutions: These are integrated packages containing LV products and assemblies supplied to residential/commercial projects.
• The most price sensitive customers are in the residential sector, while the commercial buildings segment is most keen on adhering to delivery schedules.
• The telecom sector, and hospitals and institutions are very particular about procuring LV products of recognized brands and high quality.
• ABB and Schneider Electric and the two most preferred customer brands amongst SE Asian customers.
• LS Industrial Systems, Eaton Corporation, Hager, and GAC from Taiwan are preferred in the residential sector, along with Chinese and local brands. Residential customers in Singapore, the Philippines, and Malaysia are more brand-driven than in the rest of Southeast Asia.
• System integrators, dealers, and distributors of LV power products play a key role in product distribution. In all customer segments, majority of the distribution is routed through dealers and distributors.
• There has been an increasing trend among the residential and commercial customers to procure 'electrical package-solution' over products, mostly in Malaysia and Singapore.
1. The residential and commercial building sectors are price sensitive—competitors such as LSIS and Eaton Corporation are the most preferred brands.
2. Telecom, datacenters, and hospitals have a high preference for recognized brands and product quality. ABB, Schneider Electric, and Siemens AG were preferred by these customers.
3. Consistent product enhancements such as compact design, increased efficiency, and reliability have attracted customers in the Singapore and Malaysia markets.
4. All customer sectors except residential users have an increased preference for procuring LV product solution packages.
5. Best practices such as prompt customer service support and delivery time adherence play a significant role in shaping a customer's brand preferences.
Table of Contents
1. Research Objective, Methodology, and Scope
2. Executive Summary
5. The Philippines
8. The Frost & Sullivan Story
Read the full report:
Southeast Asia Low Voltage Electrical Equipment Brand Preferences
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 26, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,815
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jul. 26, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 362
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
Jul. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,148
"Software-defined storage is a big problem in this industry because so many people have different definitions as they see fit to use it," stated Peter McCallum, VP of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,467
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,064
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 988
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:10 PM EDT Reads: 214
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,016
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,714
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 911
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 312
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 831
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) have entered into a definitive agreement under which Verizon will acquire Yahoo's operating business for approximately $4.83 billion in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments. Yahoo informs, connects and entertains a global audience of more than 1 billion monthly active users** -- including 600 million monthly active mobile users*** through its search, communications and digital content products. Yahoo also co...
Jul. 26, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 498
Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) has announced that NoviFlow Inc.has deployed IxNetwork® to validate the company’s designs and accelerate the delivery of its proven, reliable products. Based in Montréal, NoviFlow Inc. supports network carriers, hyperscale data center operators, and enterprises seeking greater network control and flexibility, network scalability, and the capacity to handle extremely large numbers of flows, while maintaining maximum network performance. To meet these requirements, NoviFlow in...
Jul. 26, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 539
As companies gain momentum, the need to maintain high quality products can outstrip their development team’s bandwidth for QA. Building out a large QA team (whether in-house or outsourced) can slow down development and significantly increases costs. This eBook takes QA profiles from 5 companies who successfully scaled up production without building a large QA team and includes: What to consider when choosing CI/CD tools How culture and communication can make or break implementation
Jul. 26, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,635