|By PR Newswire||
|February 6, 2014 10:23 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Assessing the Customer Preference for Low Voltage Product Brands in Four Southeast Asian Countries
Products covered in the study are low voltage circuit breakers, contactors, disconnectors and relays. End-user brand preference of various brands are analyzed in detail for sectors such as residential, commercial complexes, hospitals, hotels, datacenters and telecom sector.
Research Objective and Methodology
This study investigates end-user brand preference of Low Voltage (LV) power products based on several key parameters in Southeast Asia (SE Asia). The analysis and findings presented in this research study are based on a survey of 50-60 product distributors, dealers, and system integrators.
The survey questionnaire was answered by a sample of LV power product dealers, distributors, and system integrators for each SE Asian country.
• Sample size is a combination of LV power product dealers, distributors, and system integrators.
• A total of Xinterviews were conducted in Southeast Asia. Quotas were set to ensure an approximately equal number of respondents per country.
• In certain charts, numbers may not add to 100% because of rounding.
Field work was conducted from July to August 2013.
• The Philippines
• Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB)
• Residual Current Device (RCD)
• Molded-case Circuit Breaker (MCCB)
• Air Circuit Breaker (ACB)
• Disconnectors and Switches
• Relays and Contactors
Electrical Packaged Solutions: These are integrated packages containing LV products and assemblies supplied to residential/commercial projects.
• The most price sensitive customers are in the residential sector, while the commercial buildings segment is most keen on adhering to delivery schedules.
• The telecom sector, and hospitals and institutions are very particular about procuring LV products of recognized brands and high quality.
• ABB and Schneider Electric and the two most preferred customer brands amongst SE Asian customers.
• LS Industrial Systems, Eaton Corporation, Hager, and GAC from Taiwan are preferred in the residential sector, along with Chinese and local brands. Residential customers in Singapore, the Philippines, and Malaysia are more brand-driven than in the rest of Southeast Asia.
• System integrators, dealers, and distributors of LV power products play a key role in product distribution. In all customer segments, majority of the distribution is routed through dealers and distributors.
• There has been an increasing trend among the residential and commercial customers to procure 'electrical package-solution' over products, mostly in Malaysia and Singapore.
1. The residential and commercial building sectors are price sensitive—competitors such as LSIS and Eaton Corporation are the most preferred brands.
2. Telecom, datacenters, and hospitals have a high preference for recognized brands and product quality. ABB, Schneider Electric, and Siemens AG were preferred by these customers.
3. Consistent product enhancements such as compact design, increased efficiency, and reliability have attracted customers in the Singapore and Malaysia markets.
4. All customer sectors except residential users have an increased preference for procuring LV product solution packages.
5. Best practices such as prompt customer service support and delivery time adherence play a significant role in shaping a customer's brand preferences.
Table of Contents
1. Research Objective, Methodology, and Scope
2. Executive Summary
5. The Philippines
8. The Frost & Sullivan Story
Read the full report:
Southeast Asia Low Voltage Electrical Equipment Brand Preferences
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 367
Sensors and effectors of IoT are solving problems in new ways, but small businesses have been slow to join the quantified world. They’ll need information from IoT using applications as varied as the businesses themselves. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer, Director of Technology Innovation at Intuit, showed how IoT manufacturers can use open standards, public APIs and custom apps to enable the Quantified Small Business. He used a Raspberry Pi to connect sensors...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 365
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, will discuss how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved effi...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 272
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 12, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 245
Data-as-a-Service is the complete package for the transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets and the delivery of those data assets. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lakshmi Randall, an industry expert, analyst and strategist, will address: What is DaaS (Data-as-a-Service)? Challenges addressed by DaaS Vendors that are enabling DaaS Architecture options for DaaS
Feb. 12, 2016 09:45 PM EST Reads: 386
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 12, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 134
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 404
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:45 PM EST
DevOps is not just last year’s buzzword. Companies with DevOps practices are 2.5x more likely to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. But how do you enable high performance? What can you do right now to start? Find out from DevOps experts including Gene Kim, co-author of "The Phoenix Project," and the Dynatrace Center of Excellence.
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 192
SYS-CON Events announced today that Column Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principal...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 430
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 12, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 454