|By Marketwired .||
|February 7, 2014 07:05 AM EST||
SANTA FE, NM--(Marketwired - February 07, 2014) - This July, the International Folk Art Market brings together more than 150 artists from every corner of the globe for a vast and colorful international bizarre. In Santa Fe, itself a historic crossroads of international culture and commerce, master artists will offer beautiful art that draws on timeless traditions while market-goers experience the thrill of discovering one-of-a-kind treasures and meeting the artists who made them. And the experience will enable the artists and the shoppers alike a point of connection in an increasingly globalized world -- person-to-person exchange is at the heart of the Market.
Many of the artists come from developing countries, where the average income is less than $3 a day and where political, social, and environmental hardships can make everyday life -- not to mention the creation of art -- challenging. In the past ten years, artists at the Market have earned more than $17 million dollars, providing them the financial ability to radically improve their lives and their communities.
FRIDAY, JULY 11, 2014 (6:30 - 9 pm)
Market Opening Party: $175 ($125 is tax-deductible)
A global gathering under the stars. Shopping, dancing, music, food and drink!
SATURDAY, JULY 12, 2014
Early Bird Market (7:30 - 9 am): $50 (ticket includes all day Saturday)
Saturday Market (9 am - 5 pm): $15 advance, $20 day of event
SUNDAY, JULY 13, 2014 (9 am - 5 pm)
Family Day: $10 advance, $15 day of event
Youth 16 and under FREE admission Saturday and Sunday
WHERE: The Market is held at Milner Plaza next to the Museum of International Folk Art.
Please see the website for tickets and details: www.folkartmarket.org.
For more information, interview requests, and photos, please contact Clare Hertel at 505-474-6783 or [email protected].
The following files are available for download:
- International Folk Art Market - July 11, 12, and 13, 2014 âEUR" Museum Hill in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Mary Padar Kuojok of The Roots Project from South Sudan at the International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe
- The Market weekend in full swing.
- Silver jewelry by Hilda Valeriana Cachi Yupanqui, Peru at the International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe
- Japanese kite-maker Mikio Toki at the International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe
- Intricately embroidered shawls from Kandahar Treasure, Afghanistan at the International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe
- Flor Maria Cartuche represented La Mega Cooperativa from Ecuador at the International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe
Jul. 5, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,188
Jul. 5, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,376
Jul. 5, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,787
Jul. 5, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,410
Jul. 5, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,192
Jul. 5, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,550
Jul. 5, 2015 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,440
Jul. 5, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,559
Jul. 5, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,641
Jul. 5, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,607
Jul. 5, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,013
Jul. 5, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,514
Jul. 5, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,993
Jul. 5, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,671
Jul. 5, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,368