|By Business Wire||
|February 9, 2014 03:00 PM EST||
Today marks the opening of the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s (IAB) 2014 Annual Leadership Meeting, which has brought together more than 1,000 digital advertising leaders at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, CA, to address the year’s theme: “Marketing 2020: The Digital Agenda.” Sold out for the seventh year in a row, with the biggest attendance in the event’s history, the conference features a prestigious lineup of speakers who will discuss and debate issues related to the constantly shifting nature of the digital advertising industry – all with the goal of building a profitable future for marketing and media.
"This year's Annual Leadership Meeting is focused on removing the roadblocks that prevent digital media from reaching their full potential," said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB. "We'll be tackling the biggest issues we face: fraudulent traffic, consumer privacy, data security, IP theft, mobile monetization, measurement standardization and much more. This three-day meeting gives us the chance to address these topics, learning from both speakers on-stage and from each other in dynamic Town Hall sessions. We take these conversations seriously because at some point soon digital media will be the largest advertising segment in the U.S., and our businesses will be dependent on interactive to drive new revenue and opportunity."
Nick D’Aloisio, founder of Summly, a next-generation newsfeed app, will give the opening keynote presentation on Sunday, February 9. Summly was acquired by Yahoo! last year, and D’Aloisio currently serves as a member of the Yahoo! mobile engineering team, helping to re-imagining the company’s core experiences for mobile and tablets. In addition to D’Aloisio, numerous industry luminaries and thought leaders will be featured on the conference mainstage, including:
- Neil Ashe, President & Chief Executive Officer, Global eCommerce, Walmart, with Stephen Quinn, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Walmart
- Spencer Baim, Chief Strategic Officer, VICE Media
- Brian Boland, Vice President, Ad Products, Monetization and Atlas, Facebook
- Andrew Creighton, President, VICE Media
- Dr. Jeff Eisenach, Senior Vice President, Global Energy, Environment and Network Industries Practice, NERA
- Dan Greenberg, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, Sharethrough
- Jack Haber, Vice President, Global Advertising & Digital, CP Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Darren Herman, Vice President, Content Services, Mozilla
- Terence Kawaja, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, LUMA Partners
- Meredith Levien, Executive Vice President of Advertising, The New York Times Co.
- Ann Lewnes, Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Adobe Systems Incorporated
- Bob Liodice, President and Chief Executive Officer, Association of National Advertisers
- Lou Mastria, Managing Director, Digital Advertising Alliance
- Neal Mohan, Vice President, Display Advertising, Google
- Jamie Moldafsky, Chief Marketing Officer, Wells Fargo
- Mike Perlis, President and Chief Executive Officer, Forbes Media
- Tom Phillips, Chief Executive Officer, Dstillery
- Guy Phillipson, Chief Executive Officer, IAB UK
- Bob Pittman, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Clear Channel
Other digital marketing influencers will also speak and lead discussions at the event:
- Kristi Argyilan, President, MAGNA Global North America, Mediabrands
- John Battelle, Executive Chair, sovrn Holdings Inc. & Founder, Federated Media
- David Cohen, Chief Investment Officer, UM & President Global Partnerships, MAGNA Global
- James Deaker, Vice President, Revenue Management, Privacy and Policy, Yahoo
- Quentin George, Co-Founder & Principal, \UNBOUND\
- Gabe Gottlieb, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Adomic
- Mark Howard, Chief Revenue Officer, Forbes Media
- Jane Schachtel, Global Head of Technology & Telecom Strategy, Facebook
- Cary Tilds, Chief Innovation Officer, GroupM
The IAB will post highlight videos from the event’s presentations for those who are unable to attend. For more information, visit iab.net/alm.
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 600 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit iab.net.
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,685
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,195
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,600
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,247
Sep. 27, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 290
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,977
Sep. 27, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,438
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Sep. 27, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 230
Sep. 27, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,712
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,747
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,811
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,658
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,595
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,356
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,756