|By Business Wire||
|February 9, 2014 10:00 PM EST||
Today, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) announced the winners of its 2013 Sales & Service Excellence Awards. Applauding outstanding leadership and performance, the IAB Sales Awards are bestowed upon individuals and organizations that have demonstrated significant success in interactive advertising sales, as determined by a survey of executives in the interactive advertising buying community, both agencies and advertisers. The IAB Service Excellence Awards recognize exceptional member contributions to IAB industry-related initiatives. The announcement was made at the 2014 IAB Leadership Meeting: “Marketing 2020: The Digital Agenda” at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, CA.
Sales Excellence Awards
The IAB Sales Executive Council oversees the Sales Excellence Awards program. In partnership with Advertiser Perceptions, Inc., a noted research firm specializing in the agency and marketer communities, the IAB Sales Executive Council determined which awards would be given and developed the criteria for the awards. Advertiser Perceptions, Inc. then deployed and fielded a two-part customer feedback survey to identify the sales organizations and individuals who are viewed by the ad buying community as achieving the highest standard of excellence.
Approximately 600 agency and marketer decision-makers responded across two waves of research. The respondents represented a broad cross-section of verticals, including Automotive, CPG, Financial, Retail and Travel. Each individual respondent spent at least $1 million on interactive advertising over the last year.
2013 Sales Excellence Award Winners include:
- Overall Sales Excellence for Large Digital Sales Organizations: NBCUniversal Digital Advertising Sales
- Overall Sales Excellence for Small to Mid-Size Digital Sales Organizations: LinkedIn
- Leadership Through Mentoring: Meredith Kopit Levien, Executive Vice President, Advertising, New York Times
Sales Person of the Year:
- West Coast: Scott Gellman, Google
- South: Dane Farnum, LinkedIn
- East Coast: Elizabeth Fasano, Pandora
- Central: Jeff Globish, Hulu
“These Sales Excellence Award honorees have proven themselves admirably on an incredibly competitive and complex playing field,” said Sherrill Mane, Senior Vice President, Research, Analytics and Measurement, IAB. “Their stellar sales achievements are only made more remarkable, when you consider that these awards are determined by buy-side executives, who recognize their talent and dedication to the needs of advertisers and agencies.”
Service Excellence Awards
The IAB Service Excellence Awards honor individual members who have exhibited strong leadership and provided an exceptional contribution to one or more significant, completed IAB initiatives over the last year. They are selected from participants in 20 IAB councils and committees and dozens of working groups.
“Winners of this year’s Service Excellence Awards represent an unwavering commitment to the betterment of the interactive advertising industry — to the benefit of stakeholders across the spectrum,” said Julie Van Ullen, Vice President, Member Services, IAB. “We celebrate each of their achievements today, looking forward to their continued accomplishments in the digital marketing arena in the years to come.”
2013 Service Excellence Award Winners include:
- Patrick Albano, VP, Sales - Mobile, Social & Innovation, Yahoo and Dan Greenberg, Co-Founder & CEO, Sharethrough for their leadership role in the creation of the “IAB Native Advertising Playbook”
- John Battelle, Executive Chair, sovrn Holdings, Inc. & Founder, Federated Media Publishing, for the creation and leadership of the Traffic of Good Intent Task Force
- Sandro Camarao, VP, Product Management, MediaBrix, Inc., for his leadership in the 2013 revision of the “IAB Games Platform Status Report”
- Frannie Danzinger, Director of Marketplace Development, Bizo, for spearheading the creation of two IAB/Bizo “B2B for Dummies” guides with Wiley Publishing
- James Deaker, Vice President of Revenue Management, Privacy and Policy, Yahoo, for being the driving force behind the “Data Primer 2.0”
- J. Allen Dove, Chief Technology Officer, SpotXchange, for his leadership of the Data Standards Quality & Best Practices Working Group and his contributions to Audience Exchange Protocol
- Michael Evangelista, VP, Product Management, FreeWheel, for his hard work and dedication in updating the “Video Metrics Definitions” whitepaper
- Paula Foundeur, Research Director, Vibrant Media, and John Haskin, CMO, 33Across, for their stellar contributions to Mobile Rising Stars research
- Anne Frisbie, VP & General Manager, Global Alliances, InMobi, for her ongoing contributions to IAB efforts to improve creative and measurement and her outstanding leadership of the IAB Mobile Committee
- Alanna Gombert, General Manager, CatalystDesk, Condé Nast, for helping to create from scratch the Premium Publishers Programmatic Task Force and put out to market key thought leadership in this arena; she is also being recognized for her efforts in helping IAB expand the Quality Assurance Guidelines program
- Lisa LaCour, VP, Global Marketing, Outbrain, for her leadership of the Recommended Content Widget Working Group and contributions to the “IAB Content Marketing Primer”
- Jordan Mitchell, VP, Product, Rubicon Project, for his key role in developing the document “Privacy and Tracking in a Post-Cookie World”
- Dan Murphy, SVP Audience Measurement & Analytics, Univision, for his advocacy of and assistance in setting the agenda for the Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence’s first Town Hall on Audience Measurement
- Diaz Nesamoney, Founder, President & CEO, Jivox, for his significant contributions to Digital Video Rising Stars and Rising Stars Next
- Matthew Parness, Director of Ad Operations, Mojiva, for his valued work on mobile discrepancies, including the “Mobile Discrepancies: Exploring Common Root Causes” paper
- Rob Sherman, Manager of Privacy and Public Policy, Facebook, for his valued contributions to the “NTIA Mobile Privacy Principles”
- Michael Zimbalist, SVP Advertising Products and Research & Development, The New York Times, for his guidance in helping to shape the Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence agenda around mobile as a behavior
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 600 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit iab.net.
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Feb. 21, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 5,557
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 21, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 550
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 21, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 1,054
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 21, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,526
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 21, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,145
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 21, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 325
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,236
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,389
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 7,557
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 893
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 21, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,546
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 21, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,154
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Feb. 21, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,760
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Feb. 21, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,319
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Feb. 21, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 6,896