|By Business Wire||
|February 9, 2014 10:00 PM EST||
Today, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) announced the winners of its 2013 Sales & Service Excellence Awards. Applauding outstanding leadership and performance, the IAB Sales Awards are bestowed upon individuals and organizations that have demonstrated significant success in interactive advertising sales, as determined by a survey of executives in the interactive advertising buying community, both agencies and advertisers. The IAB Service Excellence Awards recognize exceptional member contributions to IAB industry-related initiatives. The announcement was made at the 2014 IAB Leadership Meeting: “Marketing 2020: The Digital Agenda” at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, CA.
Sales Excellence Awards
The IAB Sales Executive Council oversees the Sales Excellence Awards program. In partnership with Advertiser Perceptions, Inc., a noted research firm specializing in the agency and marketer communities, the IAB Sales Executive Council determined which awards would be given and developed the criteria for the awards. Advertiser Perceptions, Inc. then deployed and fielded a two-part customer feedback survey to identify the sales organizations and individuals who are viewed by the ad buying community as achieving the highest standard of excellence.
Approximately 600 agency and marketer decision-makers responded across two waves of research. The respondents represented a broad cross-section of verticals, including Automotive, CPG, Financial, Retail and Travel. Each individual respondent spent at least $1 million on interactive advertising over the last year.
2013 Sales Excellence Award Winners include:
- Overall Sales Excellence for Large Digital Sales Organizations: NBCUniversal Digital Advertising Sales
- Overall Sales Excellence for Small to Mid-Size Digital Sales Organizations: LinkedIn
- Leadership Through Mentoring: Meredith Kopit Levien, Executive Vice President, Advertising, New York Times
Sales Person of the Year:
- West Coast: Scott Gellman, Google
- South: Dane Farnum, LinkedIn
- East Coast: Elizabeth Fasano, Pandora
- Central: Jeff Globish, Hulu
“These Sales Excellence Award honorees have proven themselves admirably on an incredibly competitive and complex playing field,” said Sherrill Mane, Senior Vice President, Research, Analytics and Measurement, IAB. “Their stellar sales achievements are only made more remarkable, when you consider that these awards are determined by buy-side executives, who recognize their talent and dedication to the needs of advertisers and agencies.”
Service Excellence Awards
The IAB Service Excellence Awards honor individual members who have exhibited strong leadership and provided an exceptional contribution to one or more significant, completed IAB initiatives over the last year. They are selected from participants in 20 IAB councils and committees and dozens of working groups.
“Winners of this year’s Service Excellence Awards represent an unwavering commitment to the betterment of the interactive advertising industry — to the benefit of stakeholders across the spectrum,” said Julie Van Ullen, Vice President, Member Services, IAB. “We celebrate each of their achievements today, looking forward to their continued accomplishments in the digital marketing arena in the years to come.”
2013 Service Excellence Award Winners include:
- Patrick Albano, VP, Sales - Mobile, Social & Innovation, Yahoo and Dan Greenberg, Co-Founder & CEO, Sharethrough for their leadership role in the creation of the “IAB Native Advertising Playbook”
- John Battelle, Executive Chair, sovrn Holdings, Inc. & Founder, Federated Media Publishing, for the creation and leadership of the Traffic of Good Intent Task Force
- Sandro Camarao, VP, Product Management, MediaBrix, Inc., for his leadership in the 2013 revision of the “IAB Games Platform Status Report”
- Frannie Danzinger, Director of Marketplace Development, Bizo, for spearheading the creation of two IAB/Bizo “B2B for Dummies” guides with Wiley Publishing
- James Deaker, Vice President of Revenue Management, Privacy and Policy, Yahoo, for being the driving force behind the “Data Primer 2.0”
- J. Allen Dove, Chief Technology Officer, SpotXchange, for his leadership of the Data Standards Quality & Best Practices Working Group and his contributions to Audience Exchange Protocol
- Michael Evangelista, VP, Product Management, FreeWheel, for his hard work and dedication in updating the “Video Metrics Definitions” whitepaper
- Paula Foundeur, Research Director, Vibrant Media, and John Haskin, CMO, 33Across, for their stellar contributions to Mobile Rising Stars research
- Anne Frisbie, VP & General Manager, Global Alliances, InMobi, for her ongoing contributions to IAB efforts to improve creative and measurement and her outstanding leadership of the IAB Mobile Committee
- Alanna Gombert, General Manager, CatalystDesk, Condé Nast, for helping to create from scratch the Premium Publishers Programmatic Task Force and put out to market key thought leadership in this arena; she is also being recognized for her efforts in helping IAB expand the Quality Assurance Guidelines program
- Lisa LaCour, VP, Global Marketing, Outbrain, for her leadership of the Recommended Content Widget Working Group and contributions to the “IAB Content Marketing Primer”
- Jordan Mitchell, VP, Product, Rubicon Project, for his key role in developing the document “Privacy and Tracking in a Post-Cookie World”
- Dan Murphy, SVP Audience Measurement & Analytics, Univision, for his advocacy of and assistance in setting the agenda for the Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence’s first Town Hall on Audience Measurement
- Diaz Nesamoney, Founder, President & CEO, Jivox, for his significant contributions to Digital Video Rising Stars and Rising Stars Next
- Matthew Parness, Director of Ad Operations, Mojiva, for his valued work on mobile discrepancies, including the “Mobile Discrepancies: Exploring Common Root Causes” paper
- Rob Sherman, Manager of Privacy and Public Policy, Facebook, for his valued contributions to the “NTIA Mobile Privacy Principles”
- Michael Zimbalist, SVP Advertising Products and Research & Development, The New York Times, for his guidance in helping to shape the Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence agenda around mobile as a behavior
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 600 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit iab.net.
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He will give an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He will also outline what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix managed service platforms and what specifically c...
May. 3, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,236
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 3, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 178
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
May. 3, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,205
Peak 10, Inc., has announced the implementation of IT service management, a business process alignment initiative based on the widely adopted Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework. The implementation of IT service management enhances Peak 10’s current service-minded approach to IT delivery by propelling the company to deliver higher levels of personalized and prompt service. The majority of Peak 10’s operations employees have been trained and certified in the ITIL frame...
May. 3, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,082
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 3, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 211
SYS-CON Events announced today the Docker Meets Kubernetes – Intro into the Kubernetes World, being held June 9, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Register for 'Docker Meets Kubernetes Workshop' Here! This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, introduces participants to Kubernetes (container orchestration). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants learn ...
May. 3, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 166
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 3, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,244
In the world of DevOps there are ‘known good practices’ – aka ‘patterns’ – and ‘known bad practices’ – aka ‘anti-patterns.' Many of these patterns and anti-patterns have been developed from real world experience, especially by the early adopters of DevOps theory; but many are more feasible in theory than in practice, especially for more recent entrants to the DevOps scene. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists will dis...
May. 3, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 830
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 3, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 224
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 3, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,277
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 3, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 990
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 3, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,068
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 3, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,166
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,056
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 657