|By Business Wire||
|February 9, 2014 10:00 PM EST||
Today, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) announced the winners of its 2013 Sales & Service Excellence Awards. Applauding outstanding leadership and performance, the IAB Sales Awards are bestowed upon individuals and organizations that have demonstrated significant success in interactive advertising sales, as determined by a survey of executives in the interactive advertising buying community, both agencies and advertisers. The IAB Service Excellence Awards recognize exceptional member contributions to IAB industry-related initiatives. The announcement was made at the 2014 IAB Leadership Meeting: “Marketing 2020: The Digital Agenda” at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, CA.
Sales Excellence Awards
The IAB Sales Executive Council oversees the Sales Excellence Awards program. In partnership with Advertiser Perceptions, Inc., a noted research firm specializing in the agency and marketer communities, the IAB Sales Executive Council determined which awards would be given and developed the criteria for the awards. Advertiser Perceptions, Inc. then deployed and fielded a two-part customer feedback survey to identify the sales organizations and individuals who are viewed by the ad buying community as achieving the highest standard of excellence.
Approximately 600 agency and marketer decision-makers responded across two waves of research. The respondents represented a broad cross-section of verticals, including Automotive, CPG, Financial, Retail and Travel. Each individual respondent spent at least $1 million on interactive advertising over the last year.
2013 Sales Excellence Award Winners include:
- Overall Sales Excellence for Large Digital Sales Organizations: NBCUniversal Digital Advertising Sales
- Overall Sales Excellence for Small to Mid-Size Digital Sales Organizations: LinkedIn
- Leadership Through Mentoring: Meredith Kopit Levien, Executive Vice President, Advertising, New York Times
Sales Person of the Year:
- West Coast: Scott Gellman, Google
- South: Dane Farnum, LinkedIn
- East Coast: Elizabeth Fasano, Pandora
- Central: Jeff Globish, Hulu
“These Sales Excellence Award honorees have proven themselves admirably on an incredibly competitive and complex playing field,” said Sherrill Mane, Senior Vice President, Research, Analytics and Measurement, IAB. “Their stellar sales achievements are only made more remarkable, when you consider that these awards are determined by buy-side executives, who recognize their talent and dedication to the needs of advertisers and agencies.”
Service Excellence Awards
The IAB Service Excellence Awards honor individual members who have exhibited strong leadership and provided an exceptional contribution to one or more significant, completed IAB initiatives over the last year. They are selected from participants in 20 IAB councils and committees and dozens of working groups.
“Winners of this year’s Service Excellence Awards represent an unwavering commitment to the betterment of the interactive advertising industry — to the benefit of stakeholders across the spectrum,” said Julie Van Ullen, Vice President, Member Services, IAB. “We celebrate each of their achievements today, looking forward to their continued accomplishments in the digital marketing arena in the years to come.”
2013 Service Excellence Award Winners include:
- Patrick Albano, VP, Sales - Mobile, Social & Innovation, Yahoo and Dan Greenberg, Co-Founder & CEO, Sharethrough for their leadership role in the creation of the “IAB Native Advertising Playbook”
- John Battelle, Executive Chair, sovrn Holdings, Inc. & Founder, Federated Media Publishing, for the creation and leadership of the Traffic of Good Intent Task Force
- Sandro Camarao, VP, Product Management, MediaBrix, Inc., for his leadership in the 2013 revision of the “IAB Games Platform Status Report”
- Frannie Danzinger, Director of Marketplace Development, Bizo, for spearheading the creation of two IAB/Bizo “B2B for Dummies” guides with Wiley Publishing
- James Deaker, Vice President of Revenue Management, Privacy and Policy, Yahoo, for being the driving force behind the “Data Primer 2.0”
- J. Allen Dove, Chief Technology Officer, SpotXchange, for his leadership of the Data Standards Quality & Best Practices Working Group and his contributions to Audience Exchange Protocol
- Michael Evangelista, VP, Product Management, FreeWheel, for his hard work and dedication in updating the “Video Metrics Definitions” whitepaper
- Paula Foundeur, Research Director, Vibrant Media, and John Haskin, CMO, 33Across, for their stellar contributions to Mobile Rising Stars research
- Anne Frisbie, VP & General Manager, Global Alliances, InMobi, for her ongoing contributions to IAB efforts to improve creative and measurement and her outstanding leadership of the IAB Mobile Committee
- Alanna Gombert, General Manager, CatalystDesk, Condé Nast, for helping to create from scratch the Premium Publishers Programmatic Task Force and put out to market key thought leadership in this arena; she is also being recognized for her efforts in helping IAB expand the Quality Assurance Guidelines program
- Lisa LaCour, VP, Global Marketing, Outbrain, for her leadership of the Recommended Content Widget Working Group and contributions to the “IAB Content Marketing Primer”
- Jordan Mitchell, VP, Product, Rubicon Project, for his key role in developing the document “Privacy and Tracking in a Post-Cookie World”
- Dan Murphy, SVP Audience Measurement & Analytics, Univision, for his advocacy of and assistance in setting the agenda for the Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence’s first Town Hall on Audience Measurement
- Diaz Nesamoney, Founder, President & CEO, Jivox, for his significant contributions to Digital Video Rising Stars and Rising Stars Next
- Matthew Parness, Director of Ad Operations, Mojiva, for his valued work on mobile discrepancies, including the “Mobile Discrepancies: Exploring Common Root Causes” paper
- Rob Sherman, Manager of Privacy and Public Policy, Facebook, for his valued contributions to the “NTIA Mobile Privacy Principles”
- Michael Zimbalist, SVP Advertising Products and Research & Development, The New York Times, for his guidance in helping to shape the Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence agenda around mobile as a behavior
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 600 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit iab.net.
Jul. 6, 2015 12:37 PM EDT
Jul. 6, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,398
Jul. 6, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,126
Jul. 6, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,003
Jul. 6, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 962
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud envir...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,556
Jul. 6, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 348
Jul. 6, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,041
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo® and DevOps Summit 2015 Silicon Valley, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Alert Logic provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid IT infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for cust...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,304
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,659
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to globa...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,136
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,698
"A lot of the enterprises that have been using our systems for many years are reaching out to the cloud - the public cloud, the private cloud and hybrid," stated Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,427
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,607
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at th...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,515