|By PR Newswire||
|February 10, 2014 10:16 AM EST||
Highlights four years of exceptional diversity and inclusion leadership in the workplace
TORONTO, Feb. 10, 2014 /CNW/ - CIBC (CM: TSX) (CM: NYSE) is proud to be named one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers for 2014 by Mediacorp Canada Inc., marking the fourth consecutive year the bank has received this distinction.
In once again selecting CIBC, Mediacorp cited the bank as a longstanding champion of diversity and inclusion. It recognized CIBC for maintaining a national employment equity and diversity council, employment equity and diversity advisory committees, and diversity champions within CIBC's global operations and recruitment teams.
"Diversity is a key component of our culture at CIBC," said Jacqueline Moss, Executive Vice-President, Human Resources, CIBC. "We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees of all backgrounds are celebrated for their unique skills, perspectives, and experiences, which is why CIBC is a great place to work and a leader in diversity best practices."
The editors of Mediacorp selected this year's winners by examining diversity and inclusion initiatives around five major employee groups: Women; Members of visible minorities; Persons with disabilities; Aboriginal peoples; and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered/Transsexual (LGBT) peoples.
Other recent recognition that CIBC has received for its industry-best practices include:
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc.;
- One of Canada's Best Workplaces by the Great Place to Work® Institute;
- One of Canada's 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ by Achievers;
- Best Employer for New Canadians by Mediacorp;
- One of Canada's Top Employers for Young People and a Top Employer for Canadians Over 40 by Mediacorp;
- The strongest bank in Canada and North America and the third-strongest bank in the world by Bloomberg Markets magazine;
- Among the Top 10 Safest Banks in North America by Global Finance magazine;
- A recipient of three innovation awards for the CIBC Mobile Payment App from ACT Canada;
- One of Interbrand's 25 Best Canadian Brands;
- Named one of Canada's best 50 corporate citizens by Corporate Knights; and,
- Included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the 12th consecutive year.
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 11 million personal banking and business clients. CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada, and has offices in the United States and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Media Centre on our corporate website at www.cibc.com.
SOURCE Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Feb. 19, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 2,964
Feb. 19, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 914
Feb. 19, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,221
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 5,183
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 765
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 758
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 7,983
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,442
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 7,878
Feb. 19, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,915
Feb. 19, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,247
Feb. 19, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 879
Feb. 19, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,040
Feb. 19, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,067
Feb. 19, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 899