|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2014 04:09 AM EST||
NAPERVILLE, Ill., Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Tellabs, recently acquired by Marlin Equity Partners who will merge it into Coriant, another portfolio company, is enhancing its Mobile Backhaul Solutions portfolio for LTE-advanced networks at Mobile World Congress with new capabilities that support fast-growing data services, low-latency voice and a wide range of applications – consumer, enterprise, machine-to-machine connectivity, cloud networking and more.
Tellabs' new edge router portfolio is further enabled to support Coriant's multilayer SDN solutions for mobile networks. SDN promises dramatic OpEx and CapEx savings in mobile backhaul. Tellabs will exhibit in Hall 6, Stand 6C61 in Barcelona, February 24-27.
- The Tellabs® 8665 Smart Router is a new high-scale node, providing a seamless evolution for Tellabs Smart Routers managed by the Tellabs® 8000 Intelligent Network Manager. Its IP routing and Ethernet switching capabilities, aligned with other Tellabs 8600 Smart Routers, support mobile operators as they build and scale LTE and LTE-Advanced networks. The Tellabs 8665 router is a 900 Gbps full duplex IP/MPLS router with an innovative design, small footprint, low power consumption, and future scalability to 3 Tbps. With Ethernet interfaces from 1 to 100 Gbps, it offers full capabilities for all-IP mobile and fixed networks.
- The new Tellabs® 8615 Smart Router is optimized for mobile and fixed-mobile converged networks, with 44 Gbps throughput in a compact 1RU unit. In the future, two Tellabs 8615 routers can be stacked to provide 88 Gbps throughput.
- The new Tellabs® 8602 Smart Router is a compact, environmentally hardened, full featured 6-port IP/MPLS router that's only one-third the size of competing products. It fits in the most demanding locations due to its compact, environmentally hardened, water- and dust-proof (IP 67) design. The Tellabs 8602 router enables plug-and-play autoconfiguration through SON (Self Organizing Network) capabilities, speeding deployment of small cells and macrocells. It's the first in a line of a new series of smart next-generation routers.
- The new Tellabs® Integrated GPS (GNSS) SFP Module extends Tellabs' industry- leading packet synchronization capabilities (e.g., IEEE1588v2, SynchE, ACR). It enables a flexible and cost-efficient Time-of-Day and Phase Synchronization in mobile backhaul networks, which is critical as networks evolve to LTE-TDD and LTE-Advanced. It enables substantial capital expense savings compared with external GPS receiver solutions. The GPS SFP is managed by the Tellabs intelligent manager, delivering simple and consistent support of synchronization across the network.
- The new user interface for Tellabs® Insight AnalyticsSM Services offers dashboards focused on operators' top concerns in mobile backhaul networks. It reveals network design flaws and risks not otherwise visible to operators, dramatically reduces reporting and analysis time, and helps mobile operators find root causes of problems faster. It's simple to use and deploy.
- Tellabs Packet Optical Solutions provide cost-effective scalable transport solutions that enable mobile and wholesale operators to both deliver cost-effective backhaul services as well as expand into adjacent markets such as revenue generating business services.
About Tellabs, Coriant and Marlin Equity Partners — Marlin Equity Partners, a global investment firm with over $2.6 billion in capital under management, has announced the formation of a single leadership and organizational structure for its Coriant and Tellabs portfolio companies. With a focus on customer value creation, this move represents the first step in a plan to merge the industry-leading networking suppliers under the Coriant brand.
Tellabs innovations advance smart networks and help our customers succeed. That's why 80% of the world's top communications service providers choose our mobile backhaul, packet optical, business and services solutions and applications. We help them get ahead by adding revenue, reducing expenses and optimizing networks. www.tellabs.com
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device acce...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 293
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development...
Sep. 2, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,603
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Sep. 2, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 834
In 2014, the market witnessed a massive migration to the cloud as enterprises finally overcame their fears of the cloud’s viability, security, etc. Over the past 18 months, AWS, Google and Microsoft have waged an ongoing battle through a wave of price cuts and new features. For IT executives, sorting through all the noise to make the best cloud investment decisions has become daunting. Enterprises can and are moving away from a "one size fits all" cloud approach. The new competitive field has ...
Sep. 2, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 147
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what...
Sep. 2, 2015 07:15 PM EDT
eCube Systems has released NXTmonitor, a full featured application orchestration solution. NXTmonitor, which inherited the code base of NXTminder, has been extended to support multi-discipline processes and will act as a DevOps utility in a heterogeneous enterprise environment. Previously, NXTminder was packaged with NXTera middleware to configure and manage Entera and NXTera RPC servers. “Since we are widening the focus of this solution to DevOps, we felt the need to change the name to NXTmon...
Sep. 2, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 121
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 2, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 634
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Sep. 2, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,657
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 463
The web app is agile. The REST API is agile. The testing and planning are agile. But alas, data infrastructures certainly are not. Once an application matures, changing the shape or indexing scheme of data often forces at best a top down planning exercise and at worst includes schema changes that force downtime. The time has come for a new approach that fundamentally advances the agility of distributed data infrastructures. Come learn about a new solution to the problems faced by software organ...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 120
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 267
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 426
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 391
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so the...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 213
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 354