|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2014 04:09 AM EST||
NAPERVILLE, Ill., Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Tellabs, recently acquired by Marlin Equity Partners who will merge it into Coriant, another portfolio company, is enhancing its Mobile Backhaul Solutions portfolio for LTE-advanced networks at Mobile World Congress with new capabilities that support fast-growing data services, low-latency voice and a wide range of applications – consumer, enterprise, machine-to-machine connectivity, cloud networking and more.
Tellabs' new edge router portfolio is further enabled to support Coriant's multilayer SDN solutions for mobile networks. SDN promises dramatic OpEx and CapEx savings in mobile backhaul. Tellabs will exhibit in Hall 6, Stand 6C61 in Barcelona, February 24-27.
- The Tellabs® 8665 Smart Router is a new high-scale node, providing a seamless evolution for Tellabs Smart Routers managed by the Tellabs® 8000 Intelligent Network Manager. Its IP routing and Ethernet switching capabilities, aligned with other Tellabs 8600 Smart Routers, support mobile operators as they build and scale LTE and LTE-Advanced networks. The Tellabs 8665 router is a 900 Gbps full duplex IP/MPLS router with an innovative design, small footprint, low power consumption, and future scalability to 3 Tbps. With Ethernet interfaces from 1 to 100 Gbps, it offers full capabilities for all-IP mobile and fixed networks.
- The new Tellabs® 8615 Smart Router is optimized for mobile and fixed-mobile converged networks, with 44 Gbps throughput in a compact 1RU unit. In the future, two Tellabs 8615 routers can be stacked to provide 88 Gbps throughput.
- The new Tellabs® 8602 Smart Router is a compact, environmentally hardened, full featured 6-port IP/MPLS router that's only one-third the size of competing products. It fits in the most demanding locations due to its compact, environmentally hardened, water- and dust-proof (IP 67) design. The Tellabs 8602 router enables plug-and-play autoconfiguration through SON (Self Organizing Network) capabilities, speeding deployment of small cells and macrocells. It's the first in a line of a new series of smart next-generation routers.
- The new Tellabs® Integrated GPS (GNSS) SFP Module extends Tellabs' industry- leading packet synchronization capabilities (e.g., IEEE1588v2, SynchE, ACR). It enables a flexible and cost-efficient Time-of-Day and Phase Synchronization in mobile backhaul networks, which is critical as networks evolve to LTE-TDD and LTE-Advanced. It enables substantial capital expense savings compared with external GPS receiver solutions. The GPS SFP is managed by the Tellabs intelligent manager, delivering simple and consistent support of synchronization across the network.
- The new user interface for Tellabs® Insight AnalyticsSM Services offers dashboards focused on operators' top concerns in mobile backhaul networks. It reveals network design flaws and risks not otherwise visible to operators, dramatically reduces reporting and analysis time, and helps mobile operators find root causes of problems faster. It's simple to use and deploy.
- Tellabs Packet Optical Solutions provide cost-effective scalable transport solutions that enable mobile and wholesale operators to both deliver cost-effective backhaul services as well as expand into adjacent markets such as revenue generating business services.
About Tellabs, Coriant and Marlin Equity Partners — Marlin Equity Partners, a global investment firm with over $2.6 billion in capital under management, has announced the formation of a single leadership and organizational structure for its Coriant and Tellabs portfolio companies. With a focus on customer value creation, this move represents the first step in a plan to merge the industry-leading networking suppliers under the Coriant brand.
Tellabs innovations advance smart networks and help our customers succeed. That's why 80% of the world's top communications service providers choose our mobile backhaul, packet optical, business and services solutions and applications. We help them get ahead by adding revenue, reducing expenses and optimizing networks. www.tellabs.com
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Oct. 20, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,733
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 20, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,850
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,553
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 829
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,600
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, will discuss the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docke...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,120
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 10,911
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 7,828
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 675
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,045
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,378
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 321
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 20, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,737
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 20, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,425
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 20, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,425