|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2014 05:00 AM EST||
CHICAGO, Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Food Channel® (foodchannel.com) has released its "Top Ten Dessert Trends for 2014," sponsored by Otis Spunkmeyer®. The popular report looks at market trends around sweets and treats. Based on research conducted in conjunction with CultureWaves®, the list identifies the significant behaviors of consumers, foodservice professionals and manufacturers, with original recipes and photographs to illustrate each trend.
The Food Channel Top 10 Dessert Trends for 2014:
- Spoon Desserts – Puddings and other soft desserts—called "spoonables"—are big.
- Layers - We are layering just about anything, so the recipe here is for a way to dress up the Otis Spunkmeyer Angel Food Muffin with a layer of jam and a cheesecake topping.
- Hand Pies - The mini dessert has finally extended itself to the pie.
- Midwestern Influence - One of the big trends for 2014 is Midwestern foods, and when it comes to desserts that means cobblers, pies, crisps, tarts, upside down cakes, and bar cookies.
- Mashups and Muffins - Muffins are the new doughnuts, or what some are calling the duffin.
- Pepper, Flavored Salts, and International Spices - New desserts on the menu are heavy on the stronger spices. Cracked pepper is particularly on the rise.
- Dessert Butters - These are actually ground up cookies turned into a soft filling that is perfect for rolling into a truffle or adding to a sandwich cookie, such as the PB and Chocolate Cookie.
- Crepes - People are looking to add adventure to their repertoire, and crepes fit the bill.
- Nuts - Nuts are big in desserts right now, particularly as we tally up the health benefits.
- Small Batch Desserts - We don't have to make enough dessert to feed an army to be satisfied; we've discovered it's OK to just make a little.
To view the complete Top Ten Dessert Trends story as well as the recently released Top 10 Valentine's Dessert article, visit www.foodchannel.com.
About The Food Channel®
For additional food news, trends, recipes, professional tips and reviews, visit www.foodchannel.com. Follow The Food Channel on Twitter at www.twitter.com/foodchannel or Facebook at www.facebook.com/FoodChannel.
(417) 875-5342 or (417) 849-7909
SOURCE The Food Channel
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,842
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Oct. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,684
Oct. 27, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,587
Oct. 27, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,523
Oct. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,117
Oct. 27, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,958
Oct. 27, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,255
Oct. 27, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,145
Oct. 27, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 429
Oct. 27, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 34,295
Oct. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,170
Oct. 27, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,194
Oct. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,117
Oct. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,541
Oct. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 11,132