|By PR Newswire||
|February 14, 2014 09:01 AM EST||
LONDON, February 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
What Are The Future Prospects for Companies in this Major XTL Segment?
The implementation of Gas to Liquids (GTL) as a solution for the monetisation of natural gas is on the verge of no longer being determined by exceptional circumstances. Limited to a handful of facilities, the upfront capital cost of a GTL facility is a barrier that few can overcome. However, visiongain views this situation as soon coming to an end: smaller-scale GTL solutions will change this by making GTL viable in more circumstances with a lower up front capital cost. The ability to monetise gas reserves of a lesser size in an economically viable manner will see a rapid expansion of CAPEX on GTL.
After some major setbacks in the early 2000s, when many large-scale projects were cancelled, the world's largest GTL facility, Shell's Pearl GTL plant, opened in Qatar in 2011. The plant is capable of producing 140,000bpd of synthetic fuels and follows in the footsteps of the smaller Oryx GTL plant, also in Qatar, which was opened in 2006. With the opening of these two facilities there are now four commercial Gas to Liquids plants operating around the globe. This number is set to increase with the completion of the 34,000bpd Escravos GTL plant in Nigeria in 2014. Further large-scale GTL projects are planned around the world.
The primary driver for this interest in Gas to Liquids technology is the arbitrage opportunity between the price of oil and the price of gas. Since 2009, the natural gas price has decoupled from the crude oil price in the North American market, which has led to increased interest in building GTL facilities on the continent. Also, as the recently established plants in Qatar are operating at full capacity and turning over large amounts of revenue, the rest of the oil and gas sector has begun to feel more confident about the viability of GTL on a large-scale.
Visiongain calculates that capital expenditure on GTL will total $2,674m in 2014. The GTL market is composed of spending on (1) the EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) on large-scale GTL facilities (2) bringing smaller-scale GTL technologies online in the form of commercially viable facility - from R&D (research and development), through FEED (front-end engineering and design) and EPC.
Why you should buy Gas to Liquids (GTL) Market Forecast 2014-2024: What Are The Future Prospects for Companies in this Major XTL Segment?
What is the future of the GTL market? Visiongain's comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
Avoid falling behind your competitors, missing critical business opportunities or losing industry influence. In our new report you will discover forecasts from 2014-2024 for capital expenditure on GTL facilities, by type and by region. The report also comprehensively lays out the market drivers and restrainers, risks and trends, and leading companies and their strategies in order to help the reader make a balanced decision regarding their investment or involvement. Read on to discover the future market prospects for the GTL market.
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain's increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain's team of London based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
To see an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
We guarantee that you will receive key information which will benefit you in the following way:
• View market forecasts and analysis of capital expenditure on GTL from 2014-2024 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed spending projections for the market ($US), the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2014-2024, our new study shows current market data, and market shares.
- You will also discover original critical analysis, revealing insight into commercial developments.
• Why struggle to find key market data? Why miss crucial information? Our comprehensive report provides instant market insight
- Our 224 page report provides 118 tables, charts and graphs. Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future GTL market prospects.
- This analysis will enable quicker, easier understanding. You will also gain from our analyst's industry expertise, allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the GTL sector.
• Visiongain is one of the few business intelligence companies that provide full transcripts of primary research company interviews. Be part of this knowledge. Learn what industry thought leaders are thinking. Leaders hold critical information
- By reading the exclusive expert interviews contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don't fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge of the GTL sector, finding strategic advantages for your work and learning how your organisation can benefit.
- Read the full transcript of three exclusive expert opinion interviews from leading industry specialists informing your understanding and allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales:
- Primus Green Energy
- Infra Technology
• Understand the prospects for the leading national GTL markets, in spending on new facilities, as well as a breakdown of spending by the size of GTL facility (in barrels per day of capacity) - where will the greatest spending and best opportunities occur?
• Highlights of the report include:
- A forecast for capital expenditure on new and expanded GTL facilities year-on-year from 2014 to 2024 worldwide.
- A submarket exclusively forecasting CAPEX on large-scale GTL facilities year-on-year from 2014 to 2024.
- A submarket exclusively forecasting CAPEX on small-scale GTL facilities year-on-year from 2014 to 2024.
• National and regional market forecasts for large-scale GTL capital expenditure for the following market spaces:
- Southern Africa, including Mozambique and South Africa
- The Rest of the World, which includes market prospects for Algeria, Australia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Russia, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan
• Contract tables for all planned, potential and currently cancelled GTL facilities worldwide.
- Each potential facility has capacity, cost, technology type, main sponsor, time required for construction and earliest operation data specified. The current statuses of the projects are also noted individually.
• Tables of all current GTL facilities, including an assessment of their current production and the percentage of their production that can be classed as longer-chain hydrocarbons. Their original cost is also noted.
• Tables of pilot GTL facilities.
• A global forecast, year-on-year from 2014-2024, for GTL liquids produced worldwide.
• A global forecast, year-on-year from 2014-2024, for GTL liquids sales worldwide.
• Explore the factors affecting product developers, and everyone within the value chain. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics.
• Receive a PEST analysis identifying the political, economic, sociological and technological factors affecting spending in the GTL market from 2014 onwards:
- Gas price considerations
- The importance of government support or regulation
- Emerging trends in the global gas market
• Barriers to entry analysis for the leading national/regional market spaces.
• In-depth analysis of the three leading producers of GTL products at present
• Profiles of the most likely entrants to the GTL market and the smaller-scale GTL technology providers.
- Our report reveals the most important companies in the market and provides an assessment of the future outlook for each. In particular, by exploring and analysing the activities of these companies you can see where the expected gains will be. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with in-depth analysis and market shares of the 3 leading GTL companies - by amount of GTL liquids produced - and profiles of other active companies and leading GTL solution providers.
- BP plc
- Chevron Corporation
- CompactGTL plc
- ConocoPhillips Corporation
- Davy Process Technology Ltd
- Eni S.P.A
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- G2X Energy
- General Electric Company (GE)
- Industrial Development and Renovation Organization of Iran (IDRO)
- Infra Technology
- Marathon Oil Corporation (Marathon)
- Narkangan Gas to Liquid International Company (Narkangan)
- Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas)
- Primus Green Energy
- Qatar Petroleum
- Sundrop Fuels
- Toyo Engineering Corporation
- Uzbekneftegaz National Holding Company (Uzbekneftegaz)
• An economic analysis of GTL as a solution for the monetisation of gas.
To see an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the GTL market
The Gas to Liquids (GTL) Market Forecast 2014-2024: What Are The Future Prospects for Companies in this Major XTL Segment? report provides impartial GTL market analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, and exclusive interview and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit you and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company's prospects.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with leading industry experts and full transcripts from these exclusive interviews with Velocys, Primus Green Energy and Infra Technology are included in the report.
Visiongain's research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including forecasts by GTL facility size and by leading national market from 2014-2024.
The forecasts in this report utilise a method that focuses on synthesising and translating a range of factors and data points to quantify spending on GTL; the most important of these include: GTL technology cost, GTL liquids market access, cost competitiveness with other gas monetisation solutions, gas field size, GTL technology type, local climate, current GTL facilities and which projects proposed are likely to be completed. For emphasis: it is the synthesis and attribution of relative importance to each of the above elements (as well as regional trends) through which the forecasts are created.
How the Gas to Liquids (GTL) Market Forecast 2014-2024: What Are The Future Prospects for Companies in this Major XTL Segment? report can benefit you
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the GTL market. The report looks at CAPEX on GTL facilities by type, scale and leading national/regional market. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinion, providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where CAPEX growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are. Don't miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and stay one step ahead of the competition you must order our report Gas to Liquids (GTL) Market Forecast 2014-2024: What Are The Future Prospects for Companies in this Major XTL Segment? Avoid missing out - order our report now.
To request an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun at [email protected] or call Tel: +44(0)20-7336-6100
Companies Listed in this report:
AK Natural Gas to Liquids (AKNGTL)
Bayer Technology Services
BC LNG Export Cooperative LLC
Calumet Speciality Product Partners
Cambridge Energy (CE)
Chevron Nigeria Ltd (CNL)
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
Davy Process Technology
Dow Chemical Company
Energy Industrial Engineering & Design Co
Fateh Sanata Kimia (FSK)
General Electric Company
Gulf Coast LNG Export
Gulf LNG Liquefaction
IFP Energies Nouvelles
Japan Oil, Gas and Metals Corporation (JOGMEC)
Jordan Cove LNG
Kawasaki Heavy Industries
Korea Gas Corporation
Korea National Oil Company
LNG Partners LLC
Marathon Oil Corporation
Narkangan GTL International Company
National Iranian Oil Company (NOIC)
National Petrochemical Company (NPC)
Nerd Gas Company
Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC)
Oxford Catalysts Group (including Velocys)
Pacific Power Partners
Petrotrin (Petroleum Company of Trinidad and Tobago)
Pieridae Energy Canada Ltd
Primus Green Energy
Qatar International Petroleum Marketing Company Ltd. (Taweeq)
Sabine Pass Liquefaction
Sabre Oil and Gas Holdings
Sarv Oil and Gas
Sasol Synfuels International (Pty) Limited
Sumitomo Precision Products
Synergy Technologies, Inc
Toyo Engineering Corporation
Ventech Engineers International
Waller LNG Services
World GTL Trinidad Limited
Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
CIS - Commonwealth of Independent States
CSIRO - Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
EIA - Energy Information Administration
EU - European Union
FERC - Federal Energy Regulation Commission
Human Rights Watch
Industrial Development and Renovation Organisation of Iran (IDRO)
MEND - Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta
MIT - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
NDV - Niger Delta Vigilante
NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
OPEC - Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Nations
Paul Scherrer Institut
Russian Academy of Sciences
SAPIA - South African Petroleum Industry Association
UN - United Nations
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
University of St. Andrews
US Department of Energy
US Energy Information Agency
World Economic Forum
To see an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 802
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,340
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,348
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,363
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,068
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,631
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,497
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,549
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,491
I’m going to cry tonight, long and hard. I’ll do so as I remember and mourn Jeremy Geelan. I knew Jeremy for almost 20 years, from the time he showed up one day at Cloud Expo’s headquarters in Bergen County, New Jersey, and went to work. The show wasn’t called Cloud Expo then, of course – it was still known as Java Edge, a pioneering event that grabbed developers, architects, and enterprise IT users alike for twice-yearly confabs. Jeremy didn’t have a job there, or even a job offer. He was s...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,618
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,693
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 840
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 952
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 904
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Robert Doyle, lead architect at eCube Systems, will examine the issues and need for an agile infrastructure and show the advantages of capturing developer knowledge in an exportable file for migration into production. He will introduce the use of NXTmonitor, a next-generation DevOps tool that captures application environments, dependencies and start/stop procedures in a portable configuration file with an easy-to-use GUI. In addition to captu...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,011