|By PR Newswire||
|February 16, 2014 09:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kids nationwide are in store for tons of fun when Ravensburger, the leader in top-quality puzzles and playthings, unwraps its latest line-up of "picture-perfect" puzzles, engaging multi-player games, ex-sci-ting Science X® kits, and more. Ravensburger's full slate for 2014 will be showcased at the American International Toy Fair, February 16-19, 2014, Javits Convention Center, Booth #451.
Puzzle fun takes on a new dimension with these latest additions to Ravensburger's best-selling 3D Building assortment:
- Light-Up Empire State Building – The dazzling new 216-pc 3D Building puzzle lights up the night with LED rainbow of colors – red, orange, yellow, green and purple – to resemble the world-famous building's ever-changing light show!
- Tula Moon – Colorful and whimsical Tula Moon artwork adorns these 216-pc stunners, Tula Moon: Pisa Tower, Tula Moon: Big Ben and Tula Moon: Eiffel Tower.
- Complete Puzzle Set – Everything needed for a display-worthy piece of puzzle art comes "complete" in this new line! Each puzzle features a box that starts as an assembly surface and then transforms into an integrated frame. The new 500-pc offerings – New York Colors, South Seas Flair, Colorful Ocean and Boutique Street – include puzzle glue and even picture hangers!
Family game night will be more memorable than ever with these new offerings to help everyone "get into the game":
- Spy Tag – Kids and families will take off on an exhilarating race to spot and tag the spies before time's up! Players quickly draw spy cards and slap them on the matching agent cards laid out in front of their teammates in this super-fast-paced game. Anyone caught with a match when the timer goes off, draws from the secret pile to find out who is safe.
- Dream Cakes – Players work on multiple cakes at once and judge finished creations to earn blue ribbon points in this bakery-inspired competition. Thousands of possible designs mean different delicious outcomes every time!
- Scotland Yard – In this redrafted covert game of cat and mouse set on the streets of London, a team of detectives attempts to catch escaped criminal mastermind Mister X. Players use taxis, buses, and the underground to track down the elusive Mister X before he disappears into the London fog! Now with an exciting version for two players.
Ravensburger adds to its sci-sational, award-winning Science X line of success-based science discovery kits with these exciting debuts:
- Dinosaurs – Young archaeologists create their own fossils, excavate a Megalosaurus tooth, build a T-Rex skeleton, and more with this dino discovery adventure they'll really "dig!" The activity set includes the supplies needed to complete six science-centered adventures.
- Fueling Future Cars – This new automotive engineering kit will get kids' minds racing! The high-revving set comes with all the tools they need to build their own mini electric Mercedes-Benz and "steer" their way through nine science-based activities.
Arts & Crafts
New kits in Ravensburger's popular Aquarelle® range of watercolor painting sets will "draw" out young artists' creative side. Available in three different sizes, each kit includes paints and outlined canvases along with useful tools and instructions. They include:
- Fish and Turtle – Perfect for beginner artists, children can select from two underwater-themed canvases. Each set includes one canvas and three paint colors.
- Monet – This artist-inspired series of well-known water lily scenes includes three different canvases and five watercolor paints.
Ravensburger gives children the power to transform an ordinary sidewalk into an awesome work of art with its Outdoor Mandala-Designer kits, and create gorgeous new designs anywhere with its Original Mandala-Designer offerings. Among the newest sets are:
- Outdoor Mandala-Designer, Happy Ocean – Kids will be happy as clams making their own under-the-sea world with the stencil and sidewalk chalks included in this kit!
- Original Mandala-Designer, Fashion – Budding fashionistas can create the designs of their dreams with this fashion-focused set, which includes a frame, large and small stencil, paper, felt-tip pen and colored pencils.
Newton, NH-based Ravensburger is the U.S. subsidiary of Ravensburger Spieleverlag GmbH, a German toy and game manufacturer with a 130-year history of tradition. Founded in Ravensburg, Germany in 1883, Ravensburger is a leading producer of toys loved the world over and celebrated for its meticulous commitment to detail, high production standards and superior quality control. In addition to Ravensburger-branded puzzles, games, science kits and arts & crafts, the company holds licenses for well-known brands such as Thomas & Friends™, Mike the Knight™, The Hobbit™, and more.
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,595
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 24, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,317
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 24, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,193
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,413
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 24, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,434
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 24, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,645
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 24, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,782
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,471
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,504
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Sep. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,698
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Sep. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,549
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 24, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,023
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,674
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Sep. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,483
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 754