|By PR Newswire||
|February 16, 2014 09:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kids nationwide are in store for tons of fun when Ravensburger, the leader in top-quality puzzles and playthings, unwraps its latest line-up of "picture-perfect" puzzles, engaging multi-player games, ex-sci-ting Science X® kits, and more. Ravensburger's full slate for 2014 will be showcased at the American International Toy Fair, February 16-19, 2014, Javits Convention Center, Booth #451.
Puzzle fun takes on a new dimension with these latest additions to Ravensburger's best-selling 3D Building assortment:
- Light-Up Empire State Building – The dazzling new 216-pc 3D Building puzzle lights up the night with LED rainbow of colors – red, orange, yellow, green and purple – to resemble the world-famous building's ever-changing light show!
- Tula Moon – Colorful and whimsical Tula Moon artwork adorns these 216-pc stunners, Tula Moon: Pisa Tower, Tula Moon: Big Ben and Tula Moon: Eiffel Tower.
- Complete Puzzle Set – Everything needed for a display-worthy piece of puzzle art comes "complete" in this new line! Each puzzle features a box that starts as an assembly surface and then transforms into an integrated frame. The new 500-pc offerings – New York Colors, South Seas Flair, Colorful Ocean and Boutique Street – include puzzle glue and even picture hangers!
Family game night will be more memorable than ever with these new offerings to help everyone "get into the game":
- Spy Tag – Kids and families will take off on an exhilarating race to spot and tag the spies before time's up! Players quickly draw spy cards and slap them on the matching agent cards laid out in front of their teammates in this super-fast-paced game. Anyone caught with a match when the timer goes off, draws from the secret pile to find out who is safe.
- Dream Cakes – Players work on multiple cakes at once and judge finished creations to earn blue ribbon points in this bakery-inspired competition. Thousands of possible designs mean different delicious outcomes every time!
- Scotland Yard – In this redrafted covert game of cat and mouse set on the streets of London, a team of detectives attempts to catch escaped criminal mastermind Mister X. Players use taxis, buses, and the underground to track down the elusive Mister X before he disappears into the London fog! Now with an exciting version for two players.
Ravensburger adds to its sci-sational, award-winning Science X line of success-based science discovery kits with these exciting debuts:
- Dinosaurs – Young archaeologists create their own fossils, excavate a Megalosaurus tooth, build a T-Rex skeleton, and more with this dino discovery adventure they'll really "dig!" The activity set includes the supplies needed to complete six science-centered adventures.
- Fueling Future Cars – This new automotive engineering kit will get kids' minds racing! The high-revving set comes with all the tools they need to build their own mini electric Mercedes-Benz and "steer" their way through nine science-based activities.
Arts & Crafts
New kits in Ravensburger's popular Aquarelle® range of watercolor painting sets will "draw" out young artists' creative side. Available in three different sizes, each kit includes paints and outlined canvases along with useful tools and instructions. They include:
- Fish and Turtle – Perfect for beginner artists, children can select from two underwater-themed canvases. Each set includes one canvas and three paint colors.
- Monet – This artist-inspired series of well-known water lily scenes includes three different canvases and five watercolor paints.
Ravensburger gives children the power to transform an ordinary sidewalk into an awesome work of art with its Outdoor Mandala-Designer kits, and create gorgeous new designs anywhere with its Original Mandala-Designer offerings. Among the newest sets are:
- Outdoor Mandala-Designer, Happy Ocean – Kids will be happy as clams making their own under-the-sea world with the stencil and sidewalk chalks included in this kit!
- Original Mandala-Designer, Fashion – Budding fashionistas can create the designs of their dreams with this fashion-focused set, which includes a frame, large and small stencil, paper, felt-tip pen and colored pencils.
Newton, NH-based Ravensburger is the U.S. subsidiary of Ravensburger Spieleverlag GmbH, a German toy and game manufacturer with a 130-year history of tradition. Founded in Ravensburg, Germany in 1883, Ravensburger is a leading producer of toys loved the world over and celebrated for its meticulous commitment to detail, high production standards and superior quality control. In addition to Ravensburger-branded puzzles, games, science kits and arts & crafts, the company holds licenses for well-known brands such as Thomas & Friends™, Mike the Knight™, The Hobbit™, and more.
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 676
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 218
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,124
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 418
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 2, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 545
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 249
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 343
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 479
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 354
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 173
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,698
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 2, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 183
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 180
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 334