|By PR Newswire||
|February 16, 2014 09:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kids nationwide are in store for tons of fun when Ravensburger, the leader in top-quality puzzles and playthings, unwraps its latest line-up of "picture-perfect" puzzles, engaging multi-player games, ex-sci-ting Science X® kits, and more. Ravensburger's full slate for 2014 will be showcased at the American International Toy Fair, February 16-19, 2014, Javits Convention Center, Booth #451.
Puzzle fun takes on a new dimension with these latest additions to Ravensburger's best-selling 3D Building assortment:
- Light-Up Empire State Building – The dazzling new 216-pc 3D Building puzzle lights up the night with LED rainbow of colors – red, orange, yellow, green and purple – to resemble the world-famous building's ever-changing light show!
- Tula Moon – Colorful and whimsical Tula Moon artwork adorns these 216-pc stunners, Tula Moon: Pisa Tower, Tula Moon: Big Ben and Tula Moon: Eiffel Tower.
- Complete Puzzle Set – Everything needed for a display-worthy piece of puzzle art comes "complete" in this new line! Each puzzle features a box that starts as an assembly surface and then transforms into an integrated frame. The new 500-pc offerings – New York Colors, South Seas Flair, Colorful Ocean and Boutique Street – include puzzle glue and even picture hangers!
Family game night will be more memorable than ever with these new offerings to help everyone "get into the game":
- Spy Tag – Kids and families will take off on an exhilarating race to spot and tag the spies before time's up! Players quickly draw spy cards and slap them on the matching agent cards laid out in front of their teammates in this super-fast-paced game. Anyone caught with a match when the timer goes off, draws from the secret pile to find out who is safe.
- Dream Cakes – Players work on multiple cakes at once and judge finished creations to earn blue ribbon points in this bakery-inspired competition. Thousands of possible designs mean different delicious outcomes every time!
- Scotland Yard – In this redrafted covert game of cat and mouse set on the streets of London, a team of detectives attempts to catch escaped criminal mastermind Mister X. Players use taxis, buses, and the underground to track down the elusive Mister X before he disappears into the London fog! Now with an exciting version for two players.
Ravensburger adds to its sci-sational, award-winning Science X line of success-based science discovery kits with these exciting debuts:
- Dinosaurs – Young archaeologists create their own fossils, excavate a Megalosaurus tooth, build a T-Rex skeleton, and more with this dino discovery adventure they'll really "dig!" The activity set includes the supplies needed to complete six science-centered adventures.
- Fueling Future Cars – This new automotive engineering kit will get kids' minds racing! The high-revving set comes with all the tools they need to build their own mini electric Mercedes-Benz and "steer" their way through nine science-based activities.
Arts & Crafts
New kits in Ravensburger's popular Aquarelle® range of watercolor painting sets will "draw" out young artists' creative side. Available in three different sizes, each kit includes paints and outlined canvases along with useful tools and instructions. They include:
- Fish and Turtle – Perfect for beginner artists, children can select from two underwater-themed canvases. Each set includes one canvas and three paint colors.
- Monet – This artist-inspired series of well-known water lily scenes includes three different canvases and five watercolor paints.
Ravensburger gives children the power to transform an ordinary sidewalk into an awesome work of art with its Outdoor Mandala-Designer kits, and create gorgeous new designs anywhere with its Original Mandala-Designer offerings. Among the newest sets are:
- Outdoor Mandala-Designer, Happy Ocean – Kids will be happy as clams making their own under-the-sea world with the stencil and sidewalk chalks included in this kit!
- Original Mandala-Designer, Fashion – Budding fashionistas can create the designs of their dreams with this fashion-focused set, which includes a frame, large and small stencil, paper, felt-tip pen and colored pencils.
Newton, NH-based Ravensburger is the U.S. subsidiary of Ravensburger Spieleverlag GmbH, a German toy and game manufacturer with a 130-year history of tradition. Founded in Ravensburg, Germany in 1883, Ravensburger is a leading producer of toys loved the world over and celebrated for its meticulous commitment to detail, high production standards and superior quality control. In addition to Ravensburger-branded puzzles, games, science kits and arts & crafts, the company holds licenses for well-known brands such as Thomas & Friends™, Mike the Knight™, The Hobbit™, and more.
Information technology (IT) advances are transforming the way we innovate in business, thereby disrupting the old guard and their predictable status-quo. It’s creating global market turbulence. Industries are converging, and new opportunities and threats are emerging, like never before. So, how are savvy chief information officers (CIOs) leading this transition? Back in 2015, the IBM Institute for Business Value conducted a market study that included the findings from over 1,800 CIO interviews ...
Feb. 20, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,276
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 20, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 6,123
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 20, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 1,320
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Feb. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 4,147
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Feb. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,073
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 20, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 5,205
China Unicom exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE FDD, TD-LTE), fixed-line broadband, ICT, data communica...
Feb. 20, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 822
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Feb. 20, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 2,386
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 20, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 956
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Feb. 20, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,400
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 19, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 6,147
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 19, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 834
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often un...
Feb. 19, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 2,835
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Feb. 19, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,153
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 19, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,092