|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 05:00 AM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Media Summit, the largest mobile media and advertising conference in North America, has partnered with the GSMA to produce Mobile Media Summit @ Mobile World Congress, taking place Feb. 25-26, 2014 in Barcelona's iconic Fira Montjuic.
Mobile World Congress is the largest event in the mobile industry, while Mobile Media Summit's conferences engage the top brand marketers, advertising agencies, publishers, app developers and mobile/ad tech companies from around the world. The Mobile Media Summit @ Mobile World Congress will be the destination for these groups to come together to discuss the ever-expanding mobile media and advertising market.
The two-day Summit will commence with "30,000 Feet and Climbing: What CMOs Want in Mobile," with Ogilvy Chief Digital Officer Brandon Berger, Mindshare Worldwide Chief Digital Officer Norm Johnston, Universal McCann Germany CEO Sven Weisbrich, PHD Network Chief Operating and Digital Officer Craig Atkinson, and moderator Scott Swanson, President of Global Advertiser Services, Opera Mediaworks. Location targeting, hyperlocal advertising, cross-screen, RTB and much more will be covered throughout the event, which will close with "Brand Ballers," featuring Nestle Global Chief of Digital Pete Blackshaw, L'Oreal Paris VP-Global Integrated Communications Marie Gulin, Intel Global Media Director Rebecca Brown, and moderator Mike Parker, Chief Digital Officer, McCann Erickson.
"The Mobile Media Summit is the leading conference in mobile today, bringing together the most dynamic thought-leaders in mobile media and advertising from around the world. Unlike any other conference, Paran and the Mobile Media Summits tackle the critical topics from the advertiser perspective that will drive innovation and grow the market for everyone," said Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing and Head of Digital & Social Media at Activision.
Mobile Media Summit founder and CEO Paran Johar shared, "I am thrilled to be working with Mobile World Congress and very excited to bring together the international advertising community to discuss how mobile is changing the world. As consumers shift from PC to mobile as their main access point for interaction with people, places, services and commerce, we can't deny that mobile is becoming the primary medium of engagement for innovative marketers."
Mobile Media Summit conference pass holders are also able to attend the mPowered Industries Programme keynotes at Montjuic and access the Mobile World Congress Exhibition at Fira Gran Via.
The event sponsors and partners include AdTruth, BlueKai, Google, Kargo, Medialets, Millward Brown Digital, OpenX, Opera Mediaworks, Sonata, Tagged, Tremor Video, Verve, WapStart, xAd, the 4A's, AdMonsters, the Ad Club of NY, Advertising Age, Chief Marketer, ClickZ, European Supermarket Magazine, Fierce Wireless, Folio, the IAB, the Location Based Marketing Association, The Makegood, MadAve Mobile, MobiThinking, VentureBeat, the Wharton Future of Advertising School and Women in Wireless.
Featured speakers at Mobile Media Summit @ Mobile World Congress include:
- Zaid Al-Zaidy, CEO, McCann London
- Jay Altschuler, Director of Global Media Innovation, Unilever
- Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing, Head of Digital & Social Media, Activision
- Craig Atkinson, Chief Operating and Digital Officer, PHD Network
- Anna Bager, VP and General Manager, IAB Mobile
- John Baker, President, dotJWT
- Mark-Anthony Baker, Global Communications Planning Director, Joule
- Brandon Berger, Chief Digital Officer, Ogilvy
- Saul Betmead, Chief Strategy Officer, Y&R
- Pete Blackshaw, Global Chief of Digital, Nestle
- Bonin Bough, VP-Global Media and Consumer Engagement, Mondelez
- Kevin Brown, VP & Global Mobile Product Management, Citigroup
- Rebecca Brown, Global Director of Media, Intel Corp.
- Armel Bursaux, Director-Data & Analytics, Starcom MediaVest
- Chris Copeland, CEO, GroupM Next
- Chia Chen, SVP & Mobile Practice Lead, DigitasLBi
- Greg Crockart, Co-President, Joule
- Tom Daly, Group Director, Global Connections, The Coca-Cola Company
- Rohit Dhawan, Director of Product Management for EMEA Display, Google
- Marie Gulin, VP-Global Integrated Communications, L'Oreal Paris
- John Hadl, Venture Partner, US Venture Partners
- Seth Hart, Global Media Director, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Chad Hickey, VP of Global Sales, xAd
- Dan Hodges, President, New York Chapter, Location Based Marketing Association
- Norm Johnston, Chief Digital Officer, Mindshare Worldwide
- Vik Kathuria, EVP, Mediacom
- Erin Kienast, SVP-Director of Mobility, MediaVest
- Evan Krauss, COO, SONATA USA
- Rob Kramer, GM of Mobile, OpenX
- James Lamberti, VP and General Manager, AdTruth
- Doug Livingston, Global Chief Digital Officer, mcgarrybowen
- Bethany Mach, SVP & Global Digital Director, Starcom MediaVest
- Jeff Malmad, Managing Director of Mobile, Mindshare
- Paul Marcum, Head of Global Digital Innovation, Bloomberg Media
- John Montgomery, COO, GroupM Interaction
- David Morgan, Director, 22 Design
- John Najarian, EVP and GM-Digital Media and Business Development, E! Networks
- Alex Newman, EMEA Head of Mobile, Omnicom Media Group
- Shelly Palmer, host of "Shelly Palmer Digital Living," FOX TV
- Mike Parker, Chief Digital Officer, McCann Erickson
- Ben Phillips, Global Head of Mobile, MediaCom
- Ali Rana, Group SVP, Emerging Media Lab, Millward Brown Digital
- Cristina Sagarduy, Deputy Managing Director, EMEA, Annalect
- Adam Shlachter, Head of Media Activation, NA, DigitasLBi
- Shiv Singh, Head of Global Brand and Marketing Transformation, Visa
- James Smith, CRO, Verve
- Jide Sobo, Head of Mobile, MEC UK
- Mark Squires, Online Marketing Manager, TalkTalk Telecom
- Angela Steele, CEO, Ansible Mobile
- Alex Stil, Head of Digital EMEA, Mindshare
- Scott Swanson, President of Global Advertiser Services, Opera Mediaworks
- Todd Thiessen, SVP of Strategy, Razorfish
- Derek Thompson, Global Head of Mobile, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Ritu Trivedi, Managing Director, Digital Marketplace, MediaVest USA
- Sven Weisbrich, CEO, Universal McCann Germany
- Colleen Whitney, SVP Media, Digitas
- Donald Williams, Chief Digital Officer, Horizon Media
- Andrea Wolinetz, Managing Director, Connected Platforms, PHD
About Mobile Media Summit
The Mobile Media Summits and Mobile Media Upfront are the quintessential thought-leadership forums for brand, agency and mobile leaders to learn and network on the newest mobile technology and media. Founded in 2008 by Paran Johar, the Mobile Media Summit and Mobile Media Upfront are the largest event series in mobile advertising, where an average of 75% of the audience are advertisers, more than any other event. Since its founding, the event series has hosted over 750 speakers and well over 10,000 attendees. Click on http://www.mobilemediasummit.com for more information.
For press inquiries, contact Anna Baskin at [email protected].
SOURCE Mobile Media Summit
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 380
Most of the IoT Gateway scenarios involve collecting data from machines/processing and pushing data upstream to cloud for further analytics. The gateway hardware varies from Raspberry Pi to Industrial PCs. The document states the process of allowing deploying polyglot data pipelining software with the clear notion of supporting immutability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Shashank Jain, a development architect for SAP Labs, discussed the objective, which is to automate the IoT deployment proces...
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 142
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 445
In demand-intensive mobile and web applications, an emerging pattern is to host the Systems of Engagement in the cloud (for maximum responsiveness) but keep the Systems of Record with the other important business systems in the company datacenter, often on a tightly secured mainframe. But what about the space in between? In this IBM Redpaper publication, we show that the IBM Bluemix cloud platform offers technologies that make it easy for cloud-based SoEs to securely connect to on-premises IBM...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 449
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Dec. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 545
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Dec. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 354
OpsHub, Inc. has announced enhanced support for DevOps and Migration for both Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio On-line in a heterogeneous environment. With added support for build and release entities in OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) Microsoft customers can now leverage Visual Studio build and release services to manage DevOps processes in a heterogeneous environment. With the enhanced support customers can manage the DevOps process in Team Foundation Server while undertaking activit...
Dec. 1, 2015 01:42 PM EST
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Dec. 1, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 305
Cloud computing is unquestionably one of the driving forces of DevOps, as the automation of operations transforms enterprise software development. DevOps, however, is more than a technology trend, as it represents a move toward silo-busting, self-organizing horizontal teams that drive business velocity. At the same time, enterprise Digital Transformation represents an upheaval across the enterprise, as customer preferences and behavior drive enterprise technology decisions. This transformation ...
Dec. 1, 2015 12:35 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a global leader in monitoring, and testing the performance of online applications, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of DevOps Summit New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016 at the Javits Center in New York City. Catchpoint radically transforms the way businesses manage, monitor, and test the performance of online applications. Truly understand and improve user experience with clear visibility into complex, distributed online systems.Founde...
Dec. 1, 2015 12:15 PM EST
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Dec. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 307
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Dec. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 231
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Dec. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 373
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Dec. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 474