|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 05:00 AM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Media Summit, the largest mobile media and advertising conference in North America, has partnered with the GSMA to produce Mobile Media Summit @ Mobile World Congress, taking place Feb. 25-26, 2014 in Barcelona's iconic Fira Montjuic.
Mobile World Congress is the largest event in the mobile industry, while Mobile Media Summit's conferences engage the top brand marketers, advertising agencies, publishers, app developers and mobile/ad tech companies from around the world. The Mobile Media Summit @ Mobile World Congress will be the destination for these groups to come together to discuss the ever-expanding mobile media and advertising market.
The two-day Summit will commence with "30,000 Feet and Climbing: What CMOs Want in Mobile," with Ogilvy Chief Digital Officer Brandon Berger, Mindshare Worldwide Chief Digital Officer Norm Johnston, Universal McCann Germany CEO Sven Weisbrich, PHD Network Chief Operating and Digital Officer Craig Atkinson, and moderator Scott Swanson, President of Global Advertiser Services, Opera Mediaworks. Location targeting, hyperlocal advertising, cross-screen, RTB and much more will be covered throughout the event, which will close with "Brand Ballers," featuring Nestle Global Chief of Digital Pete Blackshaw, L'Oreal Paris VP-Global Integrated Communications Marie Gulin, Intel Global Media Director Rebecca Brown, and moderator Mike Parker, Chief Digital Officer, McCann Erickson.
"The Mobile Media Summit is the leading conference in mobile today, bringing together the most dynamic thought-leaders in mobile media and advertising from around the world. Unlike any other conference, Paran and the Mobile Media Summits tackle the critical topics from the advertiser perspective that will drive innovation and grow the market for everyone," said Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing and Head of Digital & Social Media at Activision.
Mobile Media Summit founder and CEO Paran Johar shared, "I am thrilled to be working with Mobile World Congress and very excited to bring together the international advertising community to discuss how mobile is changing the world. As consumers shift from PC to mobile as their main access point for interaction with people, places, services and commerce, we can't deny that mobile is becoming the primary medium of engagement for innovative marketers."
Mobile Media Summit conference pass holders are also able to attend the mPowered Industries Programme keynotes at Montjuic and access the Mobile World Congress Exhibition at Fira Gran Via.
The event sponsors and partners include AdTruth, BlueKai, Google, Kargo, Medialets, Millward Brown Digital, OpenX, Opera Mediaworks, Sonata, Tagged, Tremor Video, Verve, WapStart, xAd, the 4A's, AdMonsters, the Ad Club of NY, Advertising Age, Chief Marketer, ClickZ, European Supermarket Magazine, Fierce Wireless, Folio, the IAB, the Location Based Marketing Association, The Makegood, MadAve Mobile, MobiThinking, VentureBeat, the Wharton Future of Advertising School and Women in Wireless.
Featured speakers at Mobile Media Summit @ Mobile World Congress include:
- Zaid Al-Zaidy, CEO, McCann London
- Jay Altschuler, Director of Global Media Innovation, Unilever
- Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing, Head of Digital & Social Media, Activision
- Craig Atkinson, Chief Operating and Digital Officer, PHD Network
- Anna Bager, VP and General Manager, IAB Mobile
- John Baker, President, dotJWT
- Mark-Anthony Baker, Global Communications Planning Director, Joule
- Brandon Berger, Chief Digital Officer, Ogilvy
- Saul Betmead, Chief Strategy Officer, Y&R
- Pete Blackshaw, Global Chief of Digital, Nestle
- Bonin Bough, VP-Global Media and Consumer Engagement, Mondelez
- Kevin Brown, VP & Global Mobile Product Management, Citigroup
- Rebecca Brown, Global Director of Media, Intel Corp.
- Armel Bursaux, Director-Data & Analytics, Starcom MediaVest
- Chris Copeland, CEO, GroupM Next
- Chia Chen, SVP & Mobile Practice Lead, DigitasLBi
- Greg Crockart, Co-President, Joule
- Tom Daly, Group Director, Global Connections, The Coca-Cola Company
- Rohit Dhawan, Director of Product Management for EMEA Display, Google
- Marie Gulin, VP-Global Integrated Communications, L'Oreal Paris
- John Hadl, Venture Partner, US Venture Partners
- Seth Hart, Global Media Director, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Chad Hickey, VP of Global Sales, xAd
- Dan Hodges, President, New York Chapter, Location Based Marketing Association
- Norm Johnston, Chief Digital Officer, Mindshare Worldwide
- Vik Kathuria, EVP, Mediacom
- Erin Kienast, SVP-Director of Mobility, MediaVest
- Evan Krauss, COO, SONATA USA
- Rob Kramer, GM of Mobile, OpenX
- James Lamberti, VP and General Manager, AdTruth
- Doug Livingston, Global Chief Digital Officer, mcgarrybowen
- Bethany Mach, SVP & Global Digital Director, Starcom MediaVest
- Jeff Malmad, Managing Director of Mobile, Mindshare
- Paul Marcum, Head of Global Digital Innovation, Bloomberg Media
- John Montgomery, COO, GroupM Interaction
- David Morgan, Director, 22 Design
- John Najarian, EVP and GM-Digital Media and Business Development, E! Networks
- Alex Newman, EMEA Head of Mobile, Omnicom Media Group
- Shelly Palmer, host of "Shelly Palmer Digital Living," FOX TV
- Mike Parker, Chief Digital Officer, McCann Erickson
- Ben Phillips, Global Head of Mobile, MediaCom
- Ali Rana, Group SVP, Emerging Media Lab, Millward Brown Digital
- Cristina Sagarduy, Deputy Managing Director, EMEA, Annalect
- Adam Shlachter, Head of Media Activation, NA, DigitasLBi
- Shiv Singh, Head of Global Brand and Marketing Transformation, Visa
- James Smith, CRO, Verve
- Jide Sobo, Head of Mobile, MEC UK
- Mark Squires, Online Marketing Manager, TalkTalk Telecom
- Angela Steele, CEO, Ansible Mobile
- Alex Stil, Head of Digital EMEA, Mindshare
- Scott Swanson, President of Global Advertiser Services, Opera Mediaworks
- Todd Thiessen, SVP of Strategy, Razorfish
- Derek Thompson, Global Head of Mobile, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Ritu Trivedi, Managing Director, Digital Marketplace, MediaVest USA
- Sven Weisbrich, CEO, Universal McCann Germany
- Colleen Whitney, SVP Media, Digitas
- Donald Williams, Chief Digital Officer, Horizon Media
- Andrea Wolinetz, Managing Director, Connected Platforms, PHD
About Mobile Media Summit
The Mobile Media Summits and Mobile Media Upfront are the quintessential thought-leadership forums for brand, agency and mobile leaders to learn and network on the newest mobile technology and media. Founded in 2008 by Paran Johar, the Mobile Media Summit and Mobile Media Upfront are the largest event series in mobile advertising, where an average of 75% of the audience are advertisers, more than any other event. Since its founding, the event series has hosted over 750 speakers and well over 10,000 attendees. Click on http://www.mobilemediasummit.com for more information.
For press inquiries, contact Anna Baskin at [email protected].
SOURCE Mobile Media Summit
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 4, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 220
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 4, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 239
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Aug. 4, 2015 05:30 PM EDT
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Com...
Aug. 4, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 109
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 4, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 573
Scrum Alliance has announced the release of its 2015 State of Scrum Report. Almost 5,000 individuals and companies worldwide participated in this year's survey. Most organizations in the market today are still leading and managing under an Industrial Age model. Not only is the speed of change growing exponentially, Agile and Scrum frameworks are showing companies how to draw on the full talents and capabilities of those doing the work in order to continue innovating for success.
Aug. 4, 2015 02:45 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 391
Between the compelling mockups and specs produced by your analysts and designers, and the resulting application built by your developers, there is a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral out of control, and applications fall short of requirements. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, presented a new approach where business and development users collaborate – each using tools appropriate to their goals and expertise – to build mocku...
Aug. 4, 2015 01:30 PM EDT
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 4, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 294
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Aug. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 116
Graylog, Inc., has added the capability to collect, centralize and analyze application container logs from within Docker. The Graylog logging driver for Docker addresses the challenges of extracting intelligence from within Docker containers, where most workloads are dynamic and log data is not persisted or stored. Using Graylog, DevOps and IT Ops teams can pinpoint the root cause of problems to deliver new applications faster and minimize downtime.
Aug. 4, 2015 11:45 AM EDT
As Marc Andreessen says software is eating the world. Everything is rapidly moving toward being software-defined – from our phones and cars through our washing machines to the datacenter. However, there are larger challenges when implementing software defined on a larger scale - when building software defined infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Boyan Ivanov, CEO of StorPool, provided some practical insights on what, how and why when implementing "software-defined" in the datacent...
Aug. 4, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 120
Learn how you can use the CoSN SEND II Decision Tree for Education Technology to make sure that your K–12 technology initiatives create a more engaging learning experience that empowers students, teachers, and administrators alike.
Aug. 4, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 119
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 4, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 264
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 4, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 227