|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 07:03 AM EST||
OAK BROOK, Ill., Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TOMY International, a leading global designer, producer and marketer of a broad range of innovative, high-quality toys that kids love and parents ask for by name, previews its 2014 line-up at American International Toy Fair (Booth #2273). The Battroborg™ motion-controlled battling robot brand adds stealth, weaponized warriors, the sought-after Pokémon line expands with fun-filled role-play toys, and Chuggington StackTrack™ playsets feature working mega cranes, escalators and elevators that give die-cast engines a lift no matter how tall kids stack their track. In addition, TOMY unveils a brand new toy line as the newly-named master toy partner for Sonic the Hedgehog, while John Deere digs deeper into toys with its Gear Force preschool line.
"This year we are significantly expanding our offerings of innovative new toys across all our award-winning, best-selling owned and licensed brands," says Greg Kilrea, President and Chief Executive Officer of TOMY International. "We are able to achieve this by leveraging the talents and assets of our global resources, driving innovation in new and existing product lines and furthering our goal of delivering the best in branded play experiences to consumers throughout the world."
Highlights of what's new across TOMY brands for 2014 include:
TOMY is hauling out the big blades in its next-generation Battroborg Warrior line. Taking the best of motion control battling, which made the original Battroborg one of 2013's hottest holiday toys, Battroborg Warrior evolves the borgs from bare knuckle brawlers to stealth, weaponized warriors. The revolutionary robots feature interchangeable weaponry that takes battle play to a whole new, customizable level. Players choose their Warrior from themes including Samurai, Ninja, Knight and Viking, then customize and outfit them for battle with interchangeable weapons. The single-handled katana blade controller challenges players to perfect their swordsmanship; as players slice and cut with the katana controller, the Battroborg Warriors are thrust into battle. The new Warrior Battle Arena adds to the challenge with working trap doors, and spring-loaded training flags help players master the art of motion control. MSRP: Battle Arena with 2 Warriors--$69.99; Warrior Single Pack--$29.99. Ages: 6 years and up.
Sonic the Hedgehog
TOMY has recently been named master toy partner for SEGA's Sonic the Hedgehog toy categories including plush, action figures, RC, role play, vehicles and novelty. This year SEGA introduces a new branch of the Sonic universe, entitled Sonic Boom, that will include a CG animated television series, new video games for the Wii U system and the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system, and a new toy line by TOMY. The high-quality, collectible toy line fueled by TOMY innovation, features a 3-inch figure with launcher, a 12-inch talking plush and a Sonic Mask that will transform boys into Sonic the Hedgehog.
John Deere digs deeper into the toy industry by introducing a brand new and exciting addition to the line: Gear Force—action-packed toy vehicles that offer endless farm and off-road excitement, made especially for the preschool crowd. Each Gear Force set is a complete adventure in a box, and is available in an assortment of vehicles, poseable and articulated character figures and animals, and themed accessories. Plus, each set is compatible with all other John Deere Gear Force sets for tons of play possibilities. Highlights of the new 2014 John Deere line from TOMY include:
- Gear Force Harvest Action Combine — The largest vehicle in the John Deere Gear Force fleet, this ultra-powerful combine features cool sounds and lights, plus the ability to pick up bales and 'pop' them out of the hopper. The playset also includes two figures, a bull, and tons of accessories. The Combine Harvester is designed for hours of off-road adventure fun. MSRP: $59.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Gear Force Earth Moving Vehicles — Gear up with these earth-moving John Deere vehicles. Strong enough to tackle any task, these ginormous vehicles feature lights, sounds and real moving parts that are activated by pushing the cab roof down. Each 'story in a box' includes two articulated figures, accessories and a bonus animal. MSRP: $34.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
As the exclusive licensee and distributor for Pokémon in categories including figures, figure accessories, plush, playsets, role-play and more, TOMY debuts its all-new line for one of the world's leading kids' entertainment franchises. New for 2014, TOMY premieres its first line of role-play items designed to help transform kids into Pokémon trainers. Highlights include:
- Battle Ready™ Pikachu™ — I choose you Pikachu! Pikachu launches foam discs either off your shoulder or on a tabletop or floor. Includes Pikachu, an adjustable backpack harness with storage compartment, eight foam discs and two button cell batteries. Let the battle begin!
- Trainer Gloves with Sound™ — Get ready to become a Pokémon Trainer with Ash's gloves! These gloves are motion activated, so when you pretend to throw your Poké Ball into battle, you hear four different sound effects.
Chuggington StackTrack™--the first-ever train track system designed to build vertical layouts—reaches new heights with more action, excitement and elevation than ever before. For the first time, new StackTrack sets feature working escalators, elevators and mega cranes, helping die-cast engines scale the super-tall layouts and enhancing interactivity for even more Chuggington fun. Discover high speed tunnels, busy train yards and adventurous new engines in the 2014 Chuggington StackTrack line, brimming with characters, locations and equipment based on new TV episodes from Ludorum's popular animated series. This year, TOMY inspires fans to get creative and combine Chuggington playsets and track pieces to create amazing Megabuilds with the launch of Megabuild Junction (www.stackyourtrack.com). Megabuild Junction showcases awe-inspiring layouts and provides instructions at a variety of different building skill levels so kids can combine existing playsets and create mega-exciting Megabuilds.
Step-by-step instructions tell which sets and track pieces are used, encouraging kids to re-create the sample Megabuilds or challenge their imaginations to create new combinations, and then share photos or videos of their Megabuilds on social media. Featured playsets in the 2014 Chuggington StackTrack line include:
- Brewster's Big Build Adventure Set — Based on the Chuggington tentpole episode airing this fall, this set is packed with tons of play and innovative new features, including a working escalator, an elevator, a working mega crane, a trick bridge, a tunnel, and two Die-Cast engines. The set features four levels of elevation and multiple layouts for extended play. MSRP: $49.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Checker Station Set — Based on the new Season 4 Chuggington location, the Checker Station Set is a great starter set for beginning engineers. Wilson is traveling through Chuggington, working hard and learning new skills. This set includes an elevator, swing gates, and a Die-Cast engine. The set features two levels of elevation and multiple layouts for extended play. MSRP: $19.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Chug Patrol Head Quarters Set — Based on the iconic Chug Patrol Head Quarters location, the Chug Patrol Head Quarters Set is packed with play and new adventures. Chug Patrol Wilson is training hard as the newest member of the Chug Patrol Team. This set includes a turn table, complete track layout, and a Die-Cast engine. The set folds up and stores track and engines for portable play on-the-go. MSRP: $29.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
Chuggington Wooden Railway
Chuggington Wooden Railway combines classic wooden toy train play and the exciting world of Chuggington, based on Ludorum's popular animated series. The line is great for first train sets, collectors and gifts. Highlights of new 2014 items include:
- Tunnel Adventure Set — The Chuggineers excavate a super long tunnel to Tootington. Kids can attach Brewster to the Tunnel Boring Machine to dig their way through the big tunnels, or pick up and drop off cargo at the drop and load yard with the magnetic crane. The set includes Chuggineer Brewster, Cargo Car, Crane and the Tunnel Boring Machine. MSRP: $149.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Mine Excavator Set — Chuggington wasn't built in a day…the Chuggineers excavate the Rocky Ridge Mine in preparation for the High Speed Tunnel to Tootington. This playset includes Chuggineer Brewster, Cargo Car, Cargo Bin, Magnetic Rock, Excavator and more than 7 feet of track. MSRP: $69.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
The Lamaze Infant Development System is a comprehensive collection of soft toys and activity gyms based on Lamaze International's philosophy of healthy parenting, making Lamaze toys by TOMY the ideal baby shower gift for expecting moms. Lamaze understands that what matters most to parents is keeping their children healthy, happy and safe. Designed in conjunction with child development experts and building on the brand's popular award-winning product lines, new 2014 introductions include:
- Sit Up and See Gym™ — The Lamaze Sit Up and See Gym is an all-in-one system that grows with baby, features many fun ways to play, and is easy to fold up, store and take on the go. The gym arch can be positioned at any angle. When baby bats at the mobile, it spins and the sun mirror lights up and plays a fun ocean song. The three removable dangling plush include either ribbons, rattle, or crinkle sounds to stimulate babies' senses. MSRP: $79.99. Ages: newborn and up.
- Freddie the Firefly™ Peekaboo Book — Shine a Light Freddie is an all soft book with peekaboo flaps, crinkle, and bright colors to stimulate baby's developing senses. The sweet bedtime story and hidden words under crinkly flaps make reading fun for parents and baby. MSRP: $14.99. Ages: 12 months and up.
- Night Night Owl — This soft and cuddly owl will soothe baby with her color change nightlight and gentle melodies. Packed with different textures, patterns and bright colors for tactile and visual development. MSRP: $29.99. Ages: newborn and up.
The TOMY Toys toddler line is comprised of innovative products that come alive and engage children in endless hours of play. These magical, interactive toys get toddlers toddling with action, lights, music and sound, while also bringing back nostalgic memories to parents who may recall loving similar items from their own childhoods. Push N' Chase Turtle (MSRP: $10.99, ages 9 months and up) is a push along, push n' go and rattle all in one, that promotes baby's muscle development and encourages crawling. Counting with Luke the Loop (MSRP: $24.99, ages 18 months and up) keeps toddlers active while teaching them to count in 4 different languages. Soar Luke through the air or push him along to the sounds of whimsical music, engine and a turning propeller. Ride N' Rock Playhorse (MSRP: $69.99, ages 12 months and up) is a portable, compact 5-in-1 toddler activity center loaded with features to keep baby engaged and active, with a Rocking Horse, Ride-on, Push-along, Storage and Wagon.
About TOMY International
TOMY International (www.tomy.com) is a leading global designer, producer and marketer of a broad range of innovative, high-quality toys sold to preschoolers, youths and adults under the TOMY®, Ertl®, Johnny Lightning®, Battroborg™ and Tomica® brands as well as products for parents, infants and toddlers marketed under its The First Years®, Lamaze, JJ Cole® Collections and Boon® brands. TOMY International also markets its products under popular and classic licensed properties such as John Deere, Pokémon, Chuggington, Sonic the Hedgehog, Dinosaur Train, Disney's Winnie the Pooh, Princesses, Cars, Fairies and Toy Story, and other well-known properties. TOMY International's mission is to inspire and fulfill the dreams of children and parents worldwide. TOMY International reaches its target consumers through multiple channels of distribution supporting more than 25,000 retail outlets throughout North and South America, Europe and Australia. TOMY International is a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan-based TOMY Company, Ltd. (Tokyo Stock Exchange Code No. 7867). © TOMY
SOURCE TOMY International
IBM’s Blue Box Cloud, powered by OpenStack, is now available in any of IBM’s globally integrated cloud data centers running SoftLayer infrastructure. Less than 90 days after its acquisition of Blue Box, IBM has integrated its Blue Box Cloud Dedicated private-cloud-as-a-service into its broader portfolio of OpenStack® based solutions. The announcement, made today at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event, further highlights IBM’s continued support to deliver OpenStack solutions across all cloud depl...
Sep. 1, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 266
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Sep. 1, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 473
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Sep. 1, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 387
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Sep. 1, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 433
WSM International, the pioneer and leader in server migration services, has announced an agreement with WHOA.com, a leader in providing secure public, private and hybrid cloud computing services. Under terms of the agreement, WSM will provide migration services to WHOA.com customers to relocate some or all of their applications, digital assets, and other computing workloads to WHOA.com enterprise-class, secure cloud infrastructure. The migration services include detailed evaluation and planning...
Sep. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 196
Cloud and datacenter migration innovator AppZero has joined the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Program. AppZero is a fast, flexible way to move Windows Server applications from any source machine – physical or virtual – to any destination server, in any cloud or datacenter, using its patented container technology. AppZero’s container is also called a Virtual Application Appliance (VAA). To facilitate Microsoft Azure onboarding, AppZero has two purpose-built offerings: AppZero SP for Azure,...
Sep. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 207
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 509
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 439
In 2014, the market witnessed a massive migration to the cloud as enterprises finally overcame their fears of the cloud’s viability, security, etc. Over the past 18 months, AWS, Google and Microsoft have waged an ongoing battle through a wave of price cuts and new features. For IT executives, sorting through all the noise to make the best cloud investment decisions has become daunting. Enterprises can and are moving away from a "one size fits all" cloud approach. The new competitive field has ...
Sep. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so the...
Sep. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 137
Everyone talks about continuous integration and continuous delivery but those are just two ends of the pipeline. In the middle of DevOps is continuous testing (CT), and many organizations are struggling to implement continuous testing effectively. After all, without continuous testing there is no delivery. And Lab-As-A-Service (LaaS) enhances the CT with dynamic on-demand self-serve test topologies. CT together with LAAS make a powerful combination that perfectly serves complex software developm...
Sep. 1, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 214
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EDT
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Sep. 1, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 478
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 1, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 912
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Sep. 1, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 259