|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 07:03 AM EST||
OAK BROOK, Ill., Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TOMY International, a leading global designer, producer and marketer of a broad range of innovative, high-quality toys that kids love and parents ask for by name, previews its 2014 line-up at American International Toy Fair (Booth #2273). The Battroborg™ motion-controlled battling robot brand adds stealth, weaponized warriors, the sought-after Pokémon line expands with fun-filled role-play toys, and Chuggington StackTrack™ playsets feature working mega cranes, escalators and elevators that give die-cast engines a lift no matter how tall kids stack their track. In addition, TOMY unveils a brand new toy line as the newly-named master toy partner for Sonic the Hedgehog, while John Deere digs deeper into toys with its Gear Force preschool line.
"This year we are significantly expanding our offerings of innovative new toys across all our award-winning, best-selling owned and licensed brands," says Greg Kilrea, President and Chief Executive Officer of TOMY International. "We are able to achieve this by leveraging the talents and assets of our global resources, driving innovation in new and existing product lines and furthering our goal of delivering the best in branded play experiences to consumers throughout the world."
Highlights of what's new across TOMY brands for 2014 include:
TOMY is hauling out the big blades in its next-generation Battroborg Warrior line. Taking the best of motion control battling, which made the original Battroborg one of 2013's hottest holiday toys, Battroborg Warrior evolves the borgs from bare knuckle brawlers to stealth, weaponized warriors. The revolutionary robots feature interchangeable weaponry that takes battle play to a whole new, customizable level. Players choose their Warrior from themes including Samurai, Ninja, Knight and Viking, then customize and outfit them for battle with interchangeable weapons. The single-handled katana blade controller challenges players to perfect their swordsmanship; as players slice and cut with the katana controller, the Battroborg Warriors are thrust into battle. The new Warrior Battle Arena adds to the challenge with working trap doors, and spring-loaded training flags help players master the art of motion control. MSRP: Battle Arena with 2 Warriors--$69.99; Warrior Single Pack--$29.99. Ages: 6 years and up.
Sonic the Hedgehog
TOMY has recently been named master toy partner for SEGA's Sonic the Hedgehog toy categories including plush, action figures, RC, role play, vehicles and novelty. This year SEGA introduces a new branch of the Sonic universe, entitled Sonic Boom, that will include a CG animated television series, new video games for the Wii U system and the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system, and a new toy line by TOMY. The high-quality, collectible toy line fueled by TOMY innovation, features a 3-inch figure with launcher, a 12-inch talking plush and a Sonic Mask that will transform boys into Sonic the Hedgehog.
John Deere digs deeper into the toy industry by introducing a brand new and exciting addition to the line: Gear Force—action-packed toy vehicles that offer endless farm and off-road excitement, made especially for the preschool crowd. Each Gear Force set is a complete adventure in a box, and is available in an assortment of vehicles, poseable and articulated character figures and animals, and themed accessories. Plus, each set is compatible with all other John Deere Gear Force sets for tons of play possibilities. Highlights of the new 2014 John Deere line from TOMY include:
- Gear Force Harvest Action Combine — The largest vehicle in the John Deere Gear Force fleet, this ultra-powerful combine features cool sounds and lights, plus the ability to pick up bales and 'pop' them out of the hopper. The playset also includes two figures, a bull, and tons of accessories. The Combine Harvester is designed for hours of off-road adventure fun. MSRP: $59.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Gear Force Earth Moving Vehicles — Gear up with these earth-moving John Deere vehicles. Strong enough to tackle any task, these ginormous vehicles feature lights, sounds and real moving parts that are activated by pushing the cab roof down. Each 'story in a box' includes two articulated figures, accessories and a bonus animal. MSRP: $34.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
As the exclusive licensee and distributor for Pokémon in categories including figures, figure accessories, plush, playsets, role-play and more, TOMY debuts its all-new line for one of the world's leading kids' entertainment franchises. New for 2014, TOMY premieres its first line of role-play items designed to help transform kids into Pokémon trainers. Highlights include:
- Battle Ready™ Pikachu™ — I choose you Pikachu! Pikachu launches foam discs either off your shoulder or on a tabletop or floor. Includes Pikachu, an adjustable backpack harness with storage compartment, eight foam discs and two button cell batteries. Let the battle begin!
- Trainer Gloves with Sound™ — Get ready to become a Pokémon Trainer with Ash's gloves! These gloves are motion activated, so when you pretend to throw your Poké Ball into battle, you hear four different sound effects.
Chuggington StackTrack™--the first-ever train track system designed to build vertical layouts—reaches new heights with more action, excitement and elevation than ever before. For the first time, new StackTrack sets feature working escalators, elevators and mega cranes, helping die-cast engines scale the super-tall layouts and enhancing interactivity for even more Chuggington fun. Discover high speed tunnels, busy train yards and adventurous new engines in the 2014 Chuggington StackTrack line, brimming with characters, locations and equipment based on new TV episodes from Ludorum's popular animated series. This year, TOMY inspires fans to get creative and combine Chuggington playsets and track pieces to create amazing Megabuilds with the launch of Megabuild Junction (www.stackyourtrack.com). Megabuild Junction showcases awe-inspiring layouts and provides instructions at a variety of different building skill levels so kids can combine existing playsets and create mega-exciting Megabuilds.
Step-by-step instructions tell which sets and track pieces are used, encouraging kids to re-create the sample Megabuilds or challenge their imaginations to create new combinations, and then share photos or videos of their Megabuilds on social media. Featured playsets in the 2014 Chuggington StackTrack line include:
- Brewster's Big Build Adventure Set — Based on the Chuggington tentpole episode airing this fall, this set is packed with tons of play and innovative new features, including a working escalator, an elevator, a working mega crane, a trick bridge, a tunnel, and two Die-Cast engines. The set features four levels of elevation and multiple layouts for extended play. MSRP: $49.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Checker Station Set — Based on the new Season 4 Chuggington location, the Checker Station Set is a great starter set for beginning engineers. Wilson is traveling through Chuggington, working hard and learning new skills. This set includes an elevator, swing gates, and a Die-Cast engine. The set features two levels of elevation and multiple layouts for extended play. MSRP: $19.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Chug Patrol Head Quarters Set — Based on the iconic Chug Patrol Head Quarters location, the Chug Patrol Head Quarters Set is packed with play and new adventures. Chug Patrol Wilson is training hard as the newest member of the Chug Patrol Team. This set includes a turn table, complete track layout, and a Die-Cast engine. The set folds up and stores track and engines for portable play on-the-go. MSRP: $29.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
Chuggington Wooden Railway
Chuggington Wooden Railway combines classic wooden toy train play and the exciting world of Chuggington, based on Ludorum's popular animated series. The line is great for first train sets, collectors and gifts. Highlights of new 2014 items include:
- Tunnel Adventure Set — The Chuggineers excavate a super long tunnel to Tootington. Kids can attach Brewster to the Tunnel Boring Machine to dig their way through the big tunnels, or pick up and drop off cargo at the drop and load yard with the magnetic crane. The set includes Chuggineer Brewster, Cargo Car, Crane and the Tunnel Boring Machine. MSRP: $149.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Mine Excavator Set — Chuggington wasn't built in a day…the Chuggineers excavate the Rocky Ridge Mine in preparation for the High Speed Tunnel to Tootington. This playset includes Chuggineer Brewster, Cargo Car, Cargo Bin, Magnetic Rock, Excavator and more than 7 feet of track. MSRP: $69.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
The Lamaze Infant Development System is a comprehensive collection of soft toys and activity gyms based on Lamaze International's philosophy of healthy parenting, making Lamaze toys by TOMY the ideal baby shower gift for expecting moms. Lamaze understands that what matters most to parents is keeping their children healthy, happy and safe. Designed in conjunction with child development experts and building on the brand's popular award-winning product lines, new 2014 introductions include:
- Sit Up and See Gym™ — The Lamaze Sit Up and See Gym is an all-in-one system that grows with baby, features many fun ways to play, and is easy to fold up, store and take on the go. The gym arch can be positioned at any angle. When baby bats at the mobile, it spins and the sun mirror lights up and plays a fun ocean song. The three removable dangling plush include either ribbons, rattle, or crinkle sounds to stimulate babies' senses. MSRP: $79.99. Ages: newborn and up.
- Freddie the Firefly™ Peekaboo Book — Shine a Light Freddie is an all soft book with peekaboo flaps, crinkle, and bright colors to stimulate baby's developing senses. The sweet bedtime story and hidden words under crinkly flaps make reading fun for parents and baby. MSRP: $14.99. Ages: 12 months and up.
- Night Night Owl — This soft and cuddly owl will soothe baby with her color change nightlight and gentle melodies. Packed with different textures, patterns and bright colors for tactile and visual development. MSRP: $29.99. Ages: newborn and up.
The TOMY Toys toddler line is comprised of innovative products that come alive and engage children in endless hours of play. These magical, interactive toys get toddlers toddling with action, lights, music and sound, while also bringing back nostalgic memories to parents who may recall loving similar items from their own childhoods. Push N' Chase Turtle (MSRP: $10.99, ages 9 months and up) is a push along, push n' go and rattle all in one, that promotes baby's muscle development and encourages crawling. Counting with Luke the Loop (MSRP: $24.99, ages 18 months and up) keeps toddlers active while teaching them to count in 4 different languages. Soar Luke through the air or push him along to the sounds of whimsical music, engine and a turning propeller. Ride N' Rock Playhorse (MSRP: $69.99, ages 12 months and up) is a portable, compact 5-in-1 toddler activity center loaded with features to keep baby engaged and active, with a Rocking Horse, Ride-on, Push-along, Storage and Wagon.
About TOMY International
TOMY International (www.tomy.com) is a leading global designer, producer and marketer of a broad range of innovative, high-quality toys sold to preschoolers, youths and adults under the TOMY®, Ertl®, Johnny Lightning®, Battroborg™ and Tomica® brands as well as products for parents, infants and toddlers marketed under its The First Years®, Lamaze, JJ Cole® Collections and Boon® brands. TOMY International also markets its products under popular and classic licensed properties such as John Deere, Pokémon, Chuggington, Sonic the Hedgehog, Dinosaur Train, Disney's Winnie the Pooh, Princesses, Cars, Fairies and Toy Story, and other well-known properties. TOMY International's mission is to inspire and fulfill the dreams of children and parents worldwide. TOMY International reaches its target consumers through multiple channels of distribution supporting more than 25,000 retail outlets throughout North and South America, Europe and Australia. TOMY International is a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan-based TOMY Company, Ltd. (Tokyo Stock Exchange Code No. 7867). © TOMY
SOURCE TOMY International
Most people haven’t heard the word, “gamification,” even though they probably, and perhaps unwittingly, participate in it every day. Gamification is “the process of adding games or game-like elements to something (as a task) so as to encourage participation.” Further, gamification is about bringing game mechanics – rules, constructs, processes, and methods – into the real world in an effort to engage people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Endo, owner and engagement manager of Intrepid D...
Oct. 22, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 9,646
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 22, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,886
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Oct. 22, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,235
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 22, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,242
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Oct. 22, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,001
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Oct. 22, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,467
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 22, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 844
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 22, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,775
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 22, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 674
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 22, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,819
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 22, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 769
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 620
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 22, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,963
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 22, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 972