|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 07:03 AM EST||
OAK BROOK, Ill., Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TOMY International, a leading global designer, producer and marketer of a broad range of innovative, high-quality toys that kids love and parents ask for by name, previews its 2014 line-up at American International Toy Fair (Booth #2273). The Battroborg™ motion-controlled battling robot brand adds stealth, weaponized warriors, the sought-after Pokémon line expands with fun-filled role-play toys, and Chuggington StackTrack™ playsets feature working mega cranes, escalators and elevators that give die-cast engines a lift no matter how tall kids stack their track. In addition, TOMY unveils a brand new toy line as the newly-named master toy partner for Sonic the Hedgehog, while John Deere digs deeper into toys with its Gear Force preschool line.
"This year we are significantly expanding our offerings of innovative new toys across all our award-winning, best-selling owned and licensed brands," says Greg Kilrea, President and Chief Executive Officer of TOMY International. "We are able to achieve this by leveraging the talents and assets of our global resources, driving innovation in new and existing product lines and furthering our goal of delivering the best in branded play experiences to consumers throughout the world."
Highlights of what's new across TOMY brands for 2014 include:
TOMY is hauling out the big blades in its next-generation Battroborg Warrior line. Taking the best of motion control battling, which made the original Battroborg one of 2013's hottest holiday toys, Battroborg Warrior evolves the borgs from bare knuckle brawlers to stealth, weaponized warriors. The revolutionary robots feature interchangeable weaponry that takes battle play to a whole new, customizable level. Players choose their Warrior from themes including Samurai, Ninja, Knight and Viking, then customize and outfit them for battle with interchangeable weapons. The single-handled katana blade controller challenges players to perfect their swordsmanship; as players slice and cut with the katana controller, the Battroborg Warriors are thrust into battle. The new Warrior Battle Arena adds to the challenge with working trap doors, and spring-loaded training flags help players master the art of motion control. MSRP: Battle Arena with 2 Warriors--$69.99; Warrior Single Pack--$29.99. Ages: 6 years and up.
Sonic the Hedgehog
TOMY has recently been named master toy partner for SEGA's Sonic the Hedgehog toy categories including plush, action figures, RC, role play, vehicles and novelty. This year SEGA introduces a new branch of the Sonic universe, entitled Sonic Boom, that will include a CG animated television series, new video games for the Wii U system and the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system, and a new toy line by TOMY. The high-quality, collectible toy line fueled by TOMY innovation, features a 3-inch figure with launcher, a 12-inch talking plush and a Sonic Mask that will transform boys into Sonic the Hedgehog.
John Deere digs deeper into the toy industry by introducing a brand new and exciting addition to the line: Gear Force—action-packed toy vehicles that offer endless farm and off-road excitement, made especially for the preschool crowd. Each Gear Force set is a complete adventure in a box, and is available in an assortment of vehicles, poseable and articulated character figures and animals, and themed accessories. Plus, each set is compatible with all other John Deere Gear Force sets for tons of play possibilities. Highlights of the new 2014 John Deere line from TOMY include:
- Gear Force Harvest Action Combine — The largest vehicle in the John Deere Gear Force fleet, this ultra-powerful combine features cool sounds and lights, plus the ability to pick up bales and 'pop' them out of the hopper. The playset also includes two figures, a bull, and tons of accessories. The Combine Harvester is designed for hours of off-road adventure fun. MSRP: $59.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Gear Force Earth Moving Vehicles — Gear up with these earth-moving John Deere vehicles. Strong enough to tackle any task, these ginormous vehicles feature lights, sounds and real moving parts that are activated by pushing the cab roof down. Each 'story in a box' includes two articulated figures, accessories and a bonus animal. MSRP: $34.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
As the exclusive licensee and distributor for Pokémon in categories including figures, figure accessories, plush, playsets, role-play and more, TOMY debuts its all-new line for one of the world's leading kids' entertainment franchises. New for 2014, TOMY premieres its first line of role-play items designed to help transform kids into Pokémon trainers. Highlights include:
- Battle Ready™ Pikachu™ — I choose you Pikachu! Pikachu launches foam discs either off your shoulder or on a tabletop or floor. Includes Pikachu, an adjustable backpack harness with storage compartment, eight foam discs and two button cell batteries. Let the battle begin!
- Trainer Gloves with Sound™ — Get ready to become a Pokémon Trainer with Ash's gloves! These gloves are motion activated, so when you pretend to throw your Poké Ball into battle, you hear four different sound effects.
Chuggington StackTrack™--the first-ever train track system designed to build vertical layouts—reaches new heights with more action, excitement and elevation than ever before. For the first time, new StackTrack sets feature working escalators, elevators and mega cranes, helping die-cast engines scale the super-tall layouts and enhancing interactivity for even more Chuggington fun. Discover high speed tunnels, busy train yards and adventurous new engines in the 2014 Chuggington StackTrack line, brimming with characters, locations and equipment based on new TV episodes from Ludorum's popular animated series. This year, TOMY inspires fans to get creative and combine Chuggington playsets and track pieces to create amazing Megabuilds with the launch of Megabuild Junction (www.stackyourtrack.com). Megabuild Junction showcases awe-inspiring layouts and provides instructions at a variety of different building skill levels so kids can combine existing playsets and create mega-exciting Megabuilds.
Step-by-step instructions tell which sets and track pieces are used, encouraging kids to re-create the sample Megabuilds or challenge their imaginations to create new combinations, and then share photos or videos of their Megabuilds on social media. Featured playsets in the 2014 Chuggington StackTrack line include:
- Brewster's Big Build Adventure Set — Based on the Chuggington tentpole episode airing this fall, this set is packed with tons of play and innovative new features, including a working escalator, an elevator, a working mega crane, a trick bridge, a tunnel, and two Die-Cast engines. The set features four levels of elevation and multiple layouts for extended play. MSRP: $49.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Checker Station Set — Based on the new Season 4 Chuggington location, the Checker Station Set is a great starter set for beginning engineers. Wilson is traveling through Chuggington, working hard and learning new skills. This set includes an elevator, swing gates, and a Die-Cast engine. The set features two levels of elevation and multiple layouts for extended play. MSRP: $19.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Chug Patrol Head Quarters Set — Based on the iconic Chug Patrol Head Quarters location, the Chug Patrol Head Quarters Set is packed with play and new adventures. Chug Patrol Wilson is training hard as the newest member of the Chug Patrol Team. This set includes a turn table, complete track layout, and a Die-Cast engine. The set folds up and stores track and engines for portable play on-the-go. MSRP: $29.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
Chuggington Wooden Railway
Chuggington Wooden Railway combines classic wooden toy train play and the exciting world of Chuggington, based on Ludorum's popular animated series. The line is great for first train sets, collectors and gifts. Highlights of new 2014 items include:
- Tunnel Adventure Set — The Chuggineers excavate a super long tunnel to Tootington. Kids can attach Brewster to the Tunnel Boring Machine to dig their way through the big tunnels, or pick up and drop off cargo at the drop and load yard with the magnetic crane. The set includes Chuggineer Brewster, Cargo Car, Crane and the Tunnel Boring Machine. MSRP: $149.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Mine Excavator Set — Chuggington wasn't built in a day…the Chuggineers excavate the Rocky Ridge Mine in preparation for the High Speed Tunnel to Tootington. This playset includes Chuggineer Brewster, Cargo Car, Cargo Bin, Magnetic Rock, Excavator and more than 7 feet of track. MSRP: $69.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
The Lamaze Infant Development System is a comprehensive collection of soft toys and activity gyms based on Lamaze International's philosophy of healthy parenting, making Lamaze toys by TOMY the ideal baby shower gift for expecting moms. Lamaze understands that what matters most to parents is keeping their children healthy, happy and safe. Designed in conjunction with child development experts and building on the brand's popular award-winning product lines, new 2014 introductions include:
- Sit Up and See Gym™ — The Lamaze Sit Up and See Gym is an all-in-one system that grows with baby, features many fun ways to play, and is easy to fold up, store and take on the go. The gym arch can be positioned at any angle. When baby bats at the mobile, it spins and the sun mirror lights up and plays a fun ocean song. The three removable dangling plush include either ribbons, rattle, or crinkle sounds to stimulate babies' senses. MSRP: $79.99. Ages: newborn and up.
- Freddie the Firefly™ Peekaboo Book — Shine a Light Freddie is an all soft book with peekaboo flaps, crinkle, and bright colors to stimulate baby's developing senses. The sweet bedtime story and hidden words under crinkly flaps make reading fun for parents and baby. MSRP: $14.99. Ages: 12 months and up.
- Night Night Owl — This soft and cuddly owl will soothe baby with her color change nightlight and gentle melodies. Packed with different textures, patterns and bright colors for tactile and visual development. MSRP: $29.99. Ages: newborn and up.
The TOMY Toys toddler line is comprised of innovative products that come alive and engage children in endless hours of play. These magical, interactive toys get toddlers toddling with action, lights, music and sound, while also bringing back nostalgic memories to parents who may recall loving similar items from their own childhoods. Push N' Chase Turtle (MSRP: $10.99, ages 9 months and up) is a push along, push n' go and rattle all in one, that promotes baby's muscle development and encourages crawling. Counting with Luke the Loop (MSRP: $24.99, ages 18 months and up) keeps toddlers active while teaching them to count in 4 different languages. Soar Luke through the air or push him along to the sounds of whimsical music, engine and a turning propeller. Ride N' Rock Playhorse (MSRP: $69.99, ages 12 months and up) is a portable, compact 5-in-1 toddler activity center loaded with features to keep baby engaged and active, with a Rocking Horse, Ride-on, Push-along, Storage and Wagon.
About TOMY International
TOMY International (www.tomy.com) is a leading global designer, producer and marketer of a broad range of innovative, high-quality toys sold to preschoolers, youths and adults under the TOMY®, Ertl®, Johnny Lightning®, Battroborg™ and Tomica® brands as well as products for parents, infants and toddlers marketed under its The First Years®, Lamaze, JJ Cole® Collections and Boon® brands. TOMY International also markets its products under popular and classic licensed properties such as John Deere, Pokémon, Chuggington, Sonic the Hedgehog, Dinosaur Train, Disney's Winnie the Pooh, Princesses, Cars, Fairies and Toy Story, and other well-known properties. TOMY International's mission is to inspire and fulfill the dreams of children and parents worldwide. TOMY International reaches its target consumers through multiple channels of distribution supporting more than 25,000 retail outlets throughout North and South America, Europe and Australia. TOMY International is a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan-based TOMY Company, Ltd. (Tokyo Stock Exchange Code No. 7867). © TOMY
SOURCE TOMY International
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,438
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,332
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,609
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 628
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 482
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 622
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,964
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,348
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Aug. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,959
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 27, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,893
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 27, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 759
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 27, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 609
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 27, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 792
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 27, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 672
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,783