|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 07:03 AM EST||
OAK BROOK, Ill., Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TOMY International, a leading global designer, producer and marketer of a broad range of innovative, high-quality toys that kids love and parents ask for by name, previews its 2014 line-up at American International Toy Fair (Booth #2273). The Battroborg™ motion-controlled battling robot brand adds stealth, weaponized warriors, the sought-after Pokémon line expands with fun-filled role-play toys, and Chuggington StackTrack™ playsets feature working mega cranes, escalators and elevators that give die-cast engines a lift no matter how tall kids stack their track. In addition, TOMY unveils a brand new toy line as the newly-named master toy partner for Sonic the Hedgehog, while John Deere digs deeper into toys with its Gear Force preschool line.
"This year we are significantly expanding our offerings of innovative new toys across all our award-winning, best-selling owned and licensed brands," says Greg Kilrea, President and Chief Executive Officer of TOMY International. "We are able to achieve this by leveraging the talents and assets of our global resources, driving innovation in new and existing product lines and furthering our goal of delivering the best in branded play experiences to consumers throughout the world."
Highlights of what's new across TOMY brands for 2014 include:
TOMY is hauling out the big blades in its next-generation Battroborg Warrior line. Taking the best of motion control battling, which made the original Battroborg one of 2013's hottest holiday toys, Battroborg Warrior evolves the borgs from bare knuckle brawlers to stealth, weaponized warriors. The revolutionary robots feature interchangeable weaponry that takes battle play to a whole new, customizable level. Players choose their Warrior from themes including Samurai, Ninja, Knight and Viking, then customize and outfit them for battle with interchangeable weapons. The single-handled katana blade controller challenges players to perfect their swordsmanship; as players slice and cut with the katana controller, the Battroborg Warriors are thrust into battle. The new Warrior Battle Arena adds to the challenge with working trap doors, and spring-loaded training flags help players master the art of motion control. MSRP: Battle Arena with 2 Warriors--$69.99; Warrior Single Pack--$29.99. Ages: 6 years and up.
Sonic the Hedgehog
TOMY has recently been named master toy partner for SEGA's Sonic the Hedgehog toy categories including plush, action figures, RC, role play, vehicles and novelty. This year SEGA introduces a new branch of the Sonic universe, entitled Sonic Boom, that will include a CG animated television series, new video games for the Wii U system and the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system, and a new toy line by TOMY. The high-quality, collectible toy line fueled by TOMY innovation, features a 3-inch figure with launcher, a 12-inch talking plush and a Sonic Mask that will transform boys into Sonic the Hedgehog.
John Deere digs deeper into the toy industry by introducing a brand new and exciting addition to the line: Gear Force—action-packed toy vehicles that offer endless farm and off-road excitement, made especially for the preschool crowd. Each Gear Force set is a complete adventure in a box, and is available in an assortment of vehicles, poseable and articulated character figures and animals, and themed accessories. Plus, each set is compatible with all other John Deere Gear Force sets for tons of play possibilities. Highlights of the new 2014 John Deere line from TOMY include:
- Gear Force Harvest Action Combine — The largest vehicle in the John Deere Gear Force fleet, this ultra-powerful combine features cool sounds and lights, plus the ability to pick up bales and 'pop' them out of the hopper. The playset also includes two figures, a bull, and tons of accessories. The Combine Harvester is designed for hours of off-road adventure fun. MSRP: $59.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Gear Force Earth Moving Vehicles — Gear up with these earth-moving John Deere vehicles. Strong enough to tackle any task, these ginormous vehicles feature lights, sounds and real moving parts that are activated by pushing the cab roof down. Each 'story in a box' includes two articulated figures, accessories and a bonus animal. MSRP: $34.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
As the exclusive licensee and distributor for Pokémon in categories including figures, figure accessories, plush, playsets, role-play and more, TOMY debuts its all-new line for one of the world's leading kids' entertainment franchises. New for 2014, TOMY premieres its first line of role-play items designed to help transform kids into Pokémon trainers. Highlights include:
- Battle Ready™ Pikachu™ — I choose you Pikachu! Pikachu launches foam discs either off your shoulder or on a tabletop or floor. Includes Pikachu, an adjustable backpack harness with storage compartment, eight foam discs and two button cell batteries. Let the battle begin!
- Trainer Gloves with Sound™ — Get ready to become a Pokémon Trainer with Ash's gloves! These gloves are motion activated, so when you pretend to throw your Poké Ball into battle, you hear four different sound effects.
Chuggington StackTrack™--the first-ever train track system designed to build vertical layouts—reaches new heights with more action, excitement and elevation than ever before. For the first time, new StackTrack sets feature working escalators, elevators and mega cranes, helping die-cast engines scale the super-tall layouts and enhancing interactivity for even more Chuggington fun. Discover high speed tunnels, busy train yards and adventurous new engines in the 2014 Chuggington StackTrack line, brimming with characters, locations and equipment based on new TV episodes from Ludorum's popular animated series. This year, TOMY inspires fans to get creative and combine Chuggington playsets and track pieces to create amazing Megabuilds with the launch of Megabuild Junction (www.stackyourtrack.com). Megabuild Junction showcases awe-inspiring layouts and provides instructions at a variety of different building skill levels so kids can combine existing playsets and create mega-exciting Megabuilds.
Step-by-step instructions tell which sets and track pieces are used, encouraging kids to re-create the sample Megabuilds or challenge their imaginations to create new combinations, and then share photos or videos of their Megabuilds on social media. Featured playsets in the 2014 Chuggington StackTrack line include:
- Brewster's Big Build Adventure Set — Based on the Chuggington tentpole episode airing this fall, this set is packed with tons of play and innovative new features, including a working escalator, an elevator, a working mega crane, a trick bridge, a tunnel, and two Die-Cast engines. The set features four levels of elevation and multiple layouts for extended play. MSRP: $49.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Checker Station Set — Based on the new Season 4 Chuggington location, the Checker Station Set is a great starter set for beginning engineers. Wilson is traveling through Chuggington, working hard and learning new skills. This set includes an elevator, swing gates, and a Die-Cast engine. The set features two levels of elevation and multiple layouts for extended play. MSRP: $19.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Chug Patrol Head Quarters Set — Based on the iconic Chug Patrol Head Quarters location, the Chug Patrol Head Quarters Set is packed with play and new adventures. Chug Patrol Wilson is training hard as the newest member of the Chug Patrol Team. This set includes a turn table, complete track layout, and a Die-Cast engine. The set folds up and stores track and engines for portable play on-the-go. MSRP: $29.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
Chuggington Wooden Railway
Chuggington Wooden Railway combines classic wooden toy train play and the exciting world of Chuggington, based on Ludorum's popular animated series. The line is great for first train sets, collectors and gifts. Highlights of new 2014 items include:
- Tunnel Adventure Set — The Chuggineers excavate a super long tunnel to Tootington. Kids can attach Brewster to the Tunnel Boring Machine to dig their way through the big tunnels, or pick up and drop off cargo at the drop and load yard with the magnetic crane. The set includes Chuggineer Brewster, Cargo Car, Crane and the Tunnel Boring Machine. MSRP: $149.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Mine Excavator Set — Chuggington wasn't built in a day…the Chuggineers excavate the Rocky Ridge Mine in preparation for the High Speed Tunnel to Tootington. This playset includes Chuggineer Brewster, Cargo Car, Cargo Bin, Magnetic Rock, Excavator and more than 7 feet of track. MSRP: $69.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
The Lamaze Infant Development System is a comprehensive collection of soft toys and activity gyms based on Lamaze International's philosophy of healthy parenting, making Lamaze toys by TOMY the ideal baby shower gift for expecting moms. Lamaze understands that what matters most to parents is keeping their children healthy, happy and safe. Designed in conjunction with child development experts and building on the brand's popular award-winning product lines, new 2014 introductions include:
- Sit Up and See Gym™ — The Lamaze Sit Up and See Gym is an all-in-one system that grows with baby, features many fun ways to play, and is easy to fold up, store and take on the go. The gym arch can be positioned at any angle. When baby bats at the mobile, it spins and the sun mirror lights up and plays a fun ocean song. The three removable dangling plush include either ribbons, rattle, or crinkle sounds to stimulate babies' senses. MSRP: $79.99. Ages: newborn and up.
- Freddie the Firefly™ Peekaboo Book — Shine a Light Freddie is an all soft book with peekaboo flaps, crinkle, and bright colors to stimulate baby's developing senses. The sweet bedtime story and hidden words under crinkly flaps make reading fun for parents and baby. MSRP: $14.99. Ages: 12 months and up.
- Night Night Owl — This soft and cuddly owl will soothe baby with her color change nightlight and gentle melodies. Packed with different textures, patterns and bright colors for tactile and visual development. MSRP: $29.99. Ages: newborn and up.
The TOMY Toys toddler line is comprised of innovative products that come alive and engage children in endless hours of play. These magical, interactive toys get toddlers toddling with action, lights, music and sound, while also bringing back nostalgic memories to parents who may recall loving similar items from their own childhoods. Push N' Chase Turtle (MSRP: $10.99, ages 9 months and up) is a push along, push n' go and rattle all in one, that promotes baby's muscle development and encourages crawling. Counting with Luke the Loop (MSRP: $24.99, ages 18 months and up) keeps toddlers active while teaching them to count in 4 different languages. Soar Luke through the air or push him along to the sounds of whimsical music, engine and a turning propeller. Ride N' Rock Playhorse (MSRP: $69.99, ages 12 months and up) is a portable, compact 5-in-1 toddler activity center loaded with features to keep baby engaged and active, with a Rocking Horse, Ride-on, Push-along, Storage and Wagon.
About TOMY International
TOMY International (www.tomy.com) is a leading global designer, producer and marketer of a broad range of innovative, high-quality toys sold to preschoolers, youths and adults under the TOMY®, Ertl®, Johnny Lightning®, Battroborg™ and Tomica® brands as well as products for parents, infants and toddlers marketed under its The First Years®, Lamaze, JJ Cole® Collections and Boon® brands. TOMY International also markets its products under popular and classic licensed properties such as John Deere, Pokémon, Chuggington, Sonic the Hedgehog, Dinosaur Train, Disney's Winnie the Pooh, Princesses, Cars, Fairies and Toy Story, and other well-known properties. TOMY International's mission is to inspire and fulfill the dreams of children and parents worldwide. TOMY International reaches its target consumers through multiple channels of distribution supporting more than 25,000 retail outlets throughout North and South America, Europe and Australia. TOMY International is a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan-based TOMY Company, Ltd. (Tokyo Stock Exchange Code No. 7867). © TOMY
SOURCE TOMY International
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jul. 29, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,983
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Jul. 29, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,074
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Jul. 28, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,208
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,217
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yoseph Reuveni, Director of Software Engineering at Jet.com, will discuss Jet.com's journey into containerizing Microsoft-based technologies like C# and F# into Docker. He will talk about lessons learned and challenges faced, the Mono framework tryout and how they deployed everything into Azure cloud. Yoseph Reuveni is a technology leader with unique experience developing and running high throughput (over 1M tps) distributed systems with extre...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,218
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,438
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,447
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,097
As companies gain momentum, the need to maintain high quality products can outstrip their development team’s bandwidth for QA. Building out a large QA team (whether in-house or outsourced) can slow down development and significantly increases costs. This eBook takes QA profiles from 5 companies who successfully scaled up production without building a large QA team and includes: What to consider when choosing CI/CD tools How culture and communication can make or break implementation
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,720
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 28, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,708
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Jul. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 393
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,230
"We view the cloud not really as a specific technology but as a way of doing business and that way of doing business is transforming the way software, infrastructure and services are being delivered to business," explained Matthew Rosen, CEO and Director at Fusion, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,643
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Jul. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 967
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Jul. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,875