|By PR Newswire||
|February 18, 2014 08:13 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of the North America Data Center Cooling Market
Managing the Data Explosion
The data center cooling solutions market is experiencing pivotal change. The explosion of data volume and complexity in the North American market has forced quick decisions and innovative solutions to manage the increased heat densities generated by new server equipment. This study focuses on the active cooling solutions market for data centers in North America. The conclusions formed herein are based on extensive primary research, with rigorous cross-checking and analysis; the study provides predictive forecasts of market evolution for the period 2013–2018. Analysis focuses on market metrics including overall market size and growth rate, market segment sizes and growth rates, competitive analysis, and unit and price analysis.
• The North American data center cooling market will experience a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% over the forecast period of 2013–2018. This growth is higher than historic development due to the recovery of the North American market following the recession of 2008, as well as the explosion in data volume and complexity.
• The market size in 2012 was $Xmillion, and is expected to grow to $Xmillion over the course of the forecast period.
• Server density is increasing with high-performance computing and colocation, necessitating the development of increasingly powerful cooling solutions. The server density range is increasing, as low-density servers still find application and create a market for a diverse range of solutions to suit the spectrum of cooling need.
• Retrofits for legacy data centers provide a large opportunity for airflow management, data center infrastructure management (DCIM), real-time monitoring, and updating of active cooling systems.
• Hosting, telecommunications, and colocation verticals dominate the largest builds though ample market shares exist for commercial, health care, finance, education, and industrial. Company data is being increasingly perceived as a vital asset, even in verticals where that might not have historically been the case.
• Reliability, serviceability, and performance are still the key factors in data center cooling. The concerns over downtime losses can outweigh the desire for data center operators to reduce operational expenditure. This trend slows the adoption of new technologies that are perceived to be untested.
• Operational efficiency is gaining momentum as a key driver for cooling solutions, particularly at the hyper-scale level for high-tech verticals. As new technologies and practices are adopted and demonstrated to provide operational expenditure savings and environmental benefits, other verticals will follow. Media pressure on data center operators to adopt green initiatives and reduce energy usage encourages the adoption of efficient systems.
• DCIM and real-time monitoring are gaining additional market prominence as operational expenditure comes into focus for data center operators. Following the recession of 2008, all aspects of total cost of ownership have come under scrutiny.
1. Total cost of ownership (TCO) is more easily controlled via DCIM and real-time monitoring.
2. Data center market diversity requires a variety of cooling solutions.
3. Retrofit opportunities exist for huge OPEX savings and environmental benefit.
4. Rapid server chip configuration evolution requires future-proof cooling solutions.
5. Modular and containerized data centers have a disruptive influence.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors correctly structured to meet customer needs?
Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they be acquired by other companies? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
Are products/services that meet customer needs currently available, or is additional development needed?
Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships in order to take their business to the next level?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Data Center Cooling Market
o External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
o Forecast and Trends
o Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. CRAC/CRAH Segment Breakdown
5. Chillers Segment Breakdown
6. Airside Components Segment Breakdown
7. High-density Modules Segment Breakdown
8. Economizers Segment Breakdown
o Evaporative Cooling Subsegment Breakdown
o Direct Liquid Cooled Subsegment Breakdown
9. United States Breakdown
10. Canada Breakdown
11. Modular and Containerized Data Centers
12. The Last Word
To order this report: Analysis of the North America Data Center Cooling Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 26, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 356
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 613
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 638
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Aug. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,911
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 661
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 26, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,519
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,292
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,925
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 543
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 395
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 26, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,409
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,969
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 630
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 667
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 581