|By PR Newswire||
|February 18, 2014 08:13 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of the North America Data Center Cooling Market
Managing the Data Explosion
The data center cooling solutions market is experiencing pivotal change. The explosion of data volume and complexity in the North American market has forced quick decisions and innovative solutions to manage the increased heat densities generated by new server equipment. This study focuses on the active cooling solutions market for data centers in North America. The conclusions formed herein are based on extensive primary research, with rigorous cross-checking and analysis; the study provides predictive forecasts of market evolution for the period 2013–2018. Analysis focuses on market metrics including overall market size and growth rate, market segment sizes and growth rates, competitive analysis, and unit and price analysis.
• The North American data center cooling market will experience a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% over the forecast period of 2013–2018. This growth is higher than historic development due to the recovery of the North American market following the recession of 2008, as well as the explosion in data volume and complexity.
• The market size in 2012 was $Xmillion, and is expected to grow to $Xmillion over the course of the forecast period.
• Server density is increasing with high-performance computing and colocation, necessitating the development of increasingly powerful cooling solutions. The server density range is increasing, as low-density servers still find application and create a market for a diverse range of solutions to suit the spectrum of cooling need.
• Retrofits for legacy data centers provide a large opportunity for airflow management, data center infrastructure management (DCIM), real-time monitoring, and updating of active cooling systems.
• Hosting, telecommunications, and colocation verticals dominate the largest builds though ample market shares exist for commercial, health care, finance, education, and industrial. Company data is being increasingly perceived as a vital asset, even in verticals where that might not have historically been the case.
• Reliability, serviceability, and performance are still the key factors in data center cooling. The concerns over downtime losses can outweigh the desire for data center operators to reduce operational expenditure. This trend slows the adoption of new technologies that are perceived to be untested.
• Operational efficiency is gaining momentum as a key driver for cooling solutions, particularly at the hyper-scale level for high-tech verticals. As new technologies and practices are adopted and demonstrated to provide operational expenditure savings and environmental benefits, other verticals will follow. Media pressure on data center operators to adopt green initiatives and reduce energy usage encourages the adoption of efficient systems.
• DCIM and real-time monitoring are gaining additional market prominence as operational expenditure comes into focus for data center operators. Following the recession of 2008, all aspects of total cost of ownership have come under scrutiny.
1. Total cost of ownership (TCO) is more easily controlled via DCIM and real-time monitoring.
2. Data center market diversity requires a variety of cooling solutions.
3. Retrofit opportunities exist for huge OPEX savings and environmental benefit.
4. Rapid server chip configuration evolution requires future-proof cooling solutions.
5. Modular and containerized data centers have a disruptive influence.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors correctly structured to meet customer needs?
Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they be acquired by other companies? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
Are products/services that meet customer needs currently available, or is additional development needed?
Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships in order to take their business to the next level?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Data Center Cooling Market
o External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
o Forecast and Trends
o Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. CRAC/CRAH Segment Breakdown
5. Chillers Segment Breakdown
6. Airside Components Segment Breakdown
7. High-density Modules Segment Breakdown
8. Economizers Segment Breakdown
o Evaporative Cooling Subsegment Breakdown
o Direct Liquid Cooled Subsegment Breakdown
9. United States Breakdown
10. Canada Breakdown
11. Modular and Containerized Data Centers
12. The Last Word
To order this report: Analysis of the North America Data Center Cooling Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,605
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining senso...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 214
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,080
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,920
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, discussed how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technologi...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,812
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,853
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 21, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,004
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 21, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 597
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Oct. 21, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,812
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 21, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,789
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 21, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,481
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 21, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 915
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Robert Doyle, lead architect at eCube Systems, will examine the issues and need for an agile infrastructure and show the advantages of capturing developer knowledge in an exportable file for migration into production. He will introduce the use of NXTmonitor, a next-generation DevOps tool that captures application environments, dependencies and start/stop procedures in a portable configuration file with an easy-to-use GUI. In addition to captu...
Oct. 21, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,467
Most of us already know that adopting new cloud applications can boost a business’s productivity by enabling organizations to be more agile and ready to change course in our fast-moving and connected digital world. But the rapid adoption of cloud apps and services also brings with it profound security threats, including visibility and control challenges that aren’t present in traditional on-premises environments. At the same time, the cloud – because of its interconnected, flexible and adaptable...
Oct. 21, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,687
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and...
Oct. 21, 2016 03:54 PM EDT Reads: 283