|By PR Newswire||
|February 18, 2014 08:13 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of the North America Data Center Cooling Market
Managing the Data Explosion
The data center cooling solutions market is experiencing pivotal change. The explosion of data volume and complexity in the North American market has forced quick decisions and innovative solutions to manage the increased heat densities generated by new server equipment. This study focuses on the active cooling solutions market for data centers in North America. The conclusions formed herein are based on extensive primary research, with rigorous cross-checking and analysis; the study provides predictive forecasts of market evolution for the period 2013–2018. Analysis focuses on market metrics including overall market size and growth rate, market segment sizes and growth rates, competitive analysis, and unit and price analysis.
• The North American data center cooling market will experience a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% over the forecast period of 2013–2018. This growth is higher than historic development due to the recovery of the North American market following the recession of 2008, as well as the explosion in data volume and complexity.
• The market size in 2012 was $Xmillion, and is expected to grow to $Xmillion over the course of the forecast period.
• Server density is increasing with high-performance computing and colocation, necessitating the development of increasingly powerful cooling solutions. The server density range is increasing, as low-density servers still find application and create a market for a diverse range of solutions to suit the spectrum of cooling need.
• Retrofits for legacy data centers provide a large opportunity for airflow management, data center infrastructure management (DCIM), real-time monitoring, and updating of active cooling systems.
• Hosting, telecommunications, and colocation verticals dominate the largest builds though ample market shares exist for commercial, health care, finance, education, and industrial. Company data is being increasingly perceived as a vital asset, even in verticals where that might not have historically been the case.
• Reliability, serviceability, and performance are still the key factors in data center cooling. The concerns over downtime losses can outweigh the desire for data center operators to reduce operational expenditure. This trend slows the adoption of new technologies that are perceived to be untested.
• Operational efficiency is gaining momentum as a key driver for cooling solutions, particularly at the hyper-scale level for high-tech verticals. As new technologies and practices are adopted and demonstrated to provide operational expenditure savings and environmental benefits, other verticals will follow. Media pressure on data center operators to adopt green initiatives and reduce energy usage encourages the adoption of efficient systems.
• DCIM and real-time monitoring are gaining additional market prominence as operational expenditure comes into focus for data center operators. Following the recession of 2008, all aspects of total cost of ownership have come under scrutiny.
1. Total cost of ownership (TCO) is more easily controlled via DCIM and real-time monitoring.
2. Data center market diversity requires a variety of cooling solutions.
3. Retrofit opportunities exist for huge OPEX savings and environmental benefit.
4. Rapid server chip configuration evolution requires future-proof cooling solutions.
5. Modular and containerized data centers have a disruptive influence.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors correctly structured to meet customer needs?
Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they be acquired by other companies? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
Are products/services that meet customer needs currently available, or is additional development needed?
Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships in order to take their business to the next level?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Data Center Cooling Market
o External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
o Forecast and Trends
o Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. CRAC/CRAH Segment Breakdown
5. Chillers Segment Breakdown
6. Airside Components Segment Breakdown
7. High-density Modules Segment Breakdown
8. Economizers Segment Breakdown
o Evaporative Cooling Subsegment Breakdown
o Direct Liquid Cooled Subsegment Breakdown
9. United States Breakdown
10. Canada Breakdown
11. Modular and Containerized Data Centers
12. The Last Word
To order this report: Analysis of the North America Data Center Cooling Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Apr. 25, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 566
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Apr. 25, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 7,106
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 25, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,829
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Apr. 25, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,268
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Apr. 25, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,155
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 25, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,688
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 25, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,240
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 25, 2017 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,488
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Apr. 25, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 486
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 25, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,750
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 25, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,098
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,186
Did you know that you can develop for mainframes in Java? Or that the testing and deployment can be automated across mobile to mainframe? In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Vaughn Marshall, Sr. Principal Product Owner at CA Technologies, will discuss and demo how increasingly teams are developing with agile methodologies using modern development environments and automating testing and deployments, mobile to mainframe.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,154
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi LTD., will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City. Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) will be featuring the Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) portfolio. This is the industry’s only offering that allows organizations to bring together object storage, file sync and share, cloud storage gateways, and sophisticated search an...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 334
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 960