|By PR Newswire||
|February 18, 2014 08:13 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of the North America Data Center Cooling Market
Managing the Data Explosion
The data center cooling solutions market is experiencing pivotal change. The explosion of data volume and complexity in the North American market has forced quick decisions and innovative solutions to manage the increased heat densities generated by new server equipment. This study focuses on the active cooling solutions market for data centers in North America. The conclusions formed herein are based on extensive primary research, with rigorous cross-checking and analysis; the study provides predictive forecasts of market evolution for the period 2013–2018. Analysis focuses on market metrics including overall market size and growth rate, market segment sizes and growth rates, competitive analysis, and unit and price analysis.
• The North American data center cooling market will experience a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% over the forecast period of 2013–2018. This growth is higher than historic development due to the recovery of the North American market following the recession of 2008, as well as the explosion in data volume and complexity.
• The market size in 2012 was $Xmillion, and is expected to grow to $Xmillion over the course of the forecast period.
• Server density is increasing with high-performance computing and colocation, necessitating the development of increasingly powerful cooling solutions. The server density range is increasing, as low-density servers still find application and create a market for a diverse range of solutions to suit the spectrum of cooling need.
• Retrofits for legacy data centers provide a large opportunity for airflow management, data center infrastructure management (DCIM), real-time monitoring, and updating of active cooling systems.
• Hosting, telecommunications, and colocation verticals dominate the largest builds though ample market shares exist for commercial, health care, finance, education, and industrial. Company data is being increasingly perceived as a vital asset, even in verticals where that might not have historically been the case.
• Reliability, serviceability, and performance are still the key factors in data center cooling. The concerns over downtime losses can outweigh the desire for data center operators to reduce operational expenditure. This trend slows the adoption of new technologies that are perceived to be untested.
• Operational efficiency is gaining momentum as a key driver for cooling solutions, particularly at the hyper-scale level for high-tech verticals. As new technologies and practices are adopted and demonstrated to provide operational expenditure savings and environmental benefits, other verticals will follow. Media pressure on data center operators to adopt green initiatives and reduce energy usage encourages the adoption of efficient systems.
• DCIM and real-time monitoring are gaining additional market prominence as operational expenditure comes into focus for data center operators. Following the recession of 2008, all aspects of total cost of ownership have come under scrutiny.
1. Total cost of ownership (TCO) is more easily controlled via DCIM and real-time monitoring.
2. Data center market diversity requires a variety of cooling solutions.
3. Retrofit opportunities exist for huge OPEX savings and environmental benefit.
4. Rapid server chip configuration evolution requires future-proof cooling solutions.
5. Modular and containerized data centers have a disruptive influence.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors correctly structured to meet customer needs?
Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they be acquired by other companies? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
Are products/services that meet customer needs currently available, or is additional development needed?
Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships in order to take their business to the next level?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Data Center Cooling Market
o External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
o Forecast and Trends
o Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. CRAC/CRAH Segment Breakdown
5. Chillers Segment Breakdown
6. Airside Components Segment Breakdown
7. High-density Modules Segment Breakdown
8. Economizers Segment Breakdown
o Evaporative Cooling Subsegment Breakdown
o Direct Liquid Cooled Subsegment Breakdown
9. United States Breakdown
10. Canada Breakdown
11. Modular and Containerized Data Centers
12. The Last Word
To order this report: Analysis of the North America Data Center Cooling Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 208
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 172
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 265
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Aug. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 255
Cloud and datacenter migration innovator AppZero has joined the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Program. AppZero is a fast, flexible way to move Windows Server applications from any source machine – physical or virtual – to any destination server, in any cloud or datacenter, using its patented container technology. AppZero’s container is also called a Virtual Application Appliance (VAA). To facilitate Microsoft Azure onboarding, AppZero has two purpose-built offerings: AppZero SP for Azure,...
Aug. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 163
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 426
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 864
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 211
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 328
IBM’s Blue Box Cloud, powered by OpenStack, is now available in any of IBM’s globally integrated cloud data centers running SoftLayer infrastructure. Less than 90 days after its acquisition of Blue Box, IBM has integrated its Blue Box Cloud Dedicated private-cloud-as-a-service into its broader portfolio of OpenStack® based solutions. The announcement, made today at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event, further highlights IBM’s continued support to deliver OpenStack solutions across all cloud depl...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 217
Everyone talks about continuous integration and continuous delivery but those are just two ends of the pipeline. In the middle of DevOps is continuous testing (CT), and many organizations are struggling to implement continuous testing effectively. After all, without continuous testing there is no delivery. And Lab-As-A-Service (LaaS) enhances the CT with dynamic on-demand self-serve test topologies. CT together with LAAS make a powerful combination that perfectly serves complex software developm...
Aug. 30, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 182
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes ab...
Aug. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 605
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Aug. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 434
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 336
WSM International, the pioneer and leader in server migration services, has announced an agreement with WHOA.com, a leader in providing secure public, private and hybrid cloud computing services. Under terms of the agreement, WSM will provide migration services to WHOA.com customers to relocate some or all of their applications, digital assets, and other computing workloads to WHOA.com enterprise-class, secure cloud infrastructure. The migration services include detailed evaluation and planning...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 158