|By PR Newswire||
|February 18, 2014 08:13 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
India Digital Broadcast Equipment Market Opportunity Analysis
Market to Grow at 10% CAGR till 2018 Driven by Digitization and HD
Transition to HD, connected workflows, contribution and distribution over IP and multiscreen delivery are the top trends that would drive broadcast equipment purchase in India from 2014 to 2016. This research will discuss product definitions, drivers and restraints, market and technical trends, as well as revenue and unit forecasts from 2012 to 2018, with 2013 as the base year. It includes analyses of competitive landscape and market share by product segment. It also includes an end-user survey among broadcasters on the product purchasing decisions for the next three years.
• India today lies to the south of the digital divide in comparison to other regions. But over the next three years, it is expected to ramp up its infrastructure to supportX% digital distribution.
• Transition to HD, connected workflows, contribution and distribution over IP, and multiscreen delivery are top of the mind trends that would drive equipment purchase by Indian broadcasters for the next X-Xmonths.
• The Indian broadcast industry today has nearly X vendors that offer solutions to address various workflow requirements. Leading suppliers are international manufacturers such as Sony, Panasonic, Grass Valley, Harris, Harmonic, Snell, Ericsson, Adobe, Hitachi, Ikegami, among many others.
• While large companies have local headquarters and supply through a network of direct and reseller channel, many others tie up with local system integrators and local distributors. To succeed in this region, such strategic partnerships are vital. Some of the leading system integrators are SRSG Broadcast, CatDV, Ideal, VTIPL and Mahatre electronics.
• For many international vendors India presents immense untapped potential for business, but many find that doing business in this country is complex, as the end-user organizational processes are slow.
• Equipment vendors believe that price sensitivity among broadcasters will result in variable pricing models for products and technologies. For solutions such as asset management the market relies on local vendors or develop them in-house, thereby resulting in market fragmentation and dwindling industry revenues.
• This research will discuss product definitions, drivers and restraints, market and technical trends, as well as revenue and unit forecasts from 2012 to 2018, with 2013 as the base year. It includes analyses of competitive landscape and market share for six product segments. It also includes an end-user survey among broadcasters on the product purchasing decisions for the next three years.
1. Digitization of Pay TV services will release copious bandwidth, thus leading to the launch of more channels.
2. Strategic partnerships with Indian system integrators will allow foreign vendors to do business in the country, thereby increasing the market participation.
3. Digitization of Pay TV will relieve broadcasters off their hefty carriage fees; thereby allowing them to invest more time and effort into equipment and technologies.
4. Multiscreen dynamics will impact the broadcast equipment industry; Products are now in sync with online technologies.
5. Fragmentation, saturating opportunity and technology convergence set the stage for divestments and acquisitions.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
What are the current pricing trends in the market, and how are competitors continuing to provide value-priced products?
What technical trends, including cloud technologies, are shaping the marketplace today? What trends are on the horizon, and what does this mean for future product strategy?
What regional trends exist in digitization and digital TV, and what do they mean for growth strategies in India for vendors?
Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Equipment Purchasing Trends in the India Broadcast Market—End-user Survey
4. Total Digital Broadcast Equipment Market
o External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
o Forecast and Trends
5. Cameras Segment Breakdown
6. Encoders Segment Breakdown
7. Broadcast Video Server Segment Breakdown
8. Switchers Segment Breakdown
9. Nonlinear Editing (NLE) Segment Breakdown
10. Media Asset Management (MAM) Segment Breakdown
11. System Integration in India
12. The Last Word
To order this report: India Digital Broadcast Equipment Market Opportunity Analysis
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 1,466
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 625
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 701
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, showed how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningful f...
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,519
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 841
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 3, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,517
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 3, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,746
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 888
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,674
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,723
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,973
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 365
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,558
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with b...
Dec. 2, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 3,918
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,985