|By PR Newswire||
|February 18, 2014 08:13 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
India Digital Broadcast Equipment Market Opportunity Analysis
Market to Grow at 10% CAGR till 2018 Driven by Digitization and HD
Transition to HD, connected workflows, contribution and distribution over IP and multiscreen delivery are the top trends that would drive broadcast equipment purchase in India from 2014 to 2016. This research will discuss product definitions, drivers and restraints, market and technical trends, as well as revenue and unit forecasts from 2012 to 2018, with 2013 as the base year. It includes analyses of competitive landscape and market share by product segment. It also includes an end-user survey among broadcasters on the product purchasing decisions for the next three years.
• India today lies to the south of the digital divide in comparison to other regions. But over the next three years, it is expected to ramp up its infrastructure to supportX% digital distribution.
• Transition to HD, connected workflows, contribution and distribution over IP, and multiscreen delivery are top of the mind trends that would drive equipment purchase by Indian broadcasters for the next X-Xmonths.
• The Indian broadcast industry today has nearly X vendors that offer solutions to address various workflow requirements. Leading suppliers are international manufacturers such as Sony, Panasonic, Grass Valley, Harris, Harmonic, Snell, Ericsson, Adobe, Hitachi, Ikegami, among many others.
• While large companies have local headquarters and supply through a network of direct and reseller channel, many others tie up with local system integrators and local distributors. To succeed in this region, such strategic partnerships are vital. Some of the leading system integrators are SRSG Broadcast, CatDV, Ideal, VTIPL and Mahatre electronics.
• For many international vendors India presents immense untapped potential for business, but many find that doing business in this country is complex, as the end-user organizational processes are slow.
• Equipment vendors believe that price sensitivity among broadcasters will result in variable pricing models for products and technologies. For solutions such as asset management the market relies on local vendors or develop them in-house, thereby resulting in market fragmentation and dwindling industry revenues.
• This research will discuss product definitions, drivers and restraints, market and technical trends, as well as revenue and unit forecasts from 2012 to 2018, with 2013 as the base year. It includes analyses of competitive landscape and market share for six product segments. It also includes an end-user survey among broadcasters on the product purchasing decisions for the next three years.
1. Digitization of Pay TV services will release copious bandwidth, thus leading to the launch of more channels.
2. Strategic partnerships with Indian system integrators will allow foreign vendors to do business in the country, thereby increasing the market participation.
3. Digitization of Pay TV will relieve broadcasters off their hefty carriage fees; thereby allowing them to invest more time and effort into equipment and technologies.
4. Multiscreen dynamics will impact the broadcast equipment industry; Products are now in sync with online technologies.
5. Fragmentation, saturating opportunity and technology convergence set the stage for divestments and acquisitions.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
What are the current pricing trends in the market, and how are competitors continuing to provide value-priced products?
What technical trends, including cloud technologies, are shaping the marketplace today? What trends are on the horizon, and what does this mean for future product strategy?
What regional trends exist in digitization and digital TV, and what do they mean for growth strategies in India for vendors?
Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Equipment Purchasing Trends in the India Broadcast Market—End-user Survey
4. Total Digital Broadcast Equipment Market
o External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
o Forecast and Trends
5. Cameras Segment Breakdown
6. Encoders Segment Breakdown
7. Broadcast Video Server Segment Breakdown
8. Switchers Segment Breakdown
9. Nonlinear Editing (NLE) Segment Breakdown
10. Media Asset Management (MAM) Segment Breakdown
11. System Integration in India
12. The Last Word
To order this report: India Digital Broadcast Equipment Market Opportunity Analysis
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, provided the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” used open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees learned where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructure. The...
Mar. 24, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 7,025
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 24, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,221
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Mar. 24, 2017 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,478
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 23, 2017 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 708
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Mar. 23, 2017 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,352
Historically, some banking activities such as trading have been relying heavily on analytics and cutting edge algorithmic tools. The coming of age of powerful data analytics solutions combined with the development of intelligent algorithms have created new opportunities for financial institutions. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sebastien Meunier, Head of Digital for North America at Chappuis Halder & Co., will discuss how these tools can be leveraged to develop a lasting competitive advanta...
Mar. 23, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,389
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 23, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,276
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Mar. 23, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,426
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Mar. 23, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,304
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 23, 2017 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,324
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 23, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,470
The taxi industry never saw Uber coming. Startups are a threat to incumbents like never before, and a major enabler for startups is that they are instantly “cloud ready.” If innovation moves at the pace of IT, then your company is in trouble. Why? Because your data center will not keep up with frenetic pace AWS, Microsoft and Google are rolling out new capabilities In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Don Browning, VP of Cloud Architecture at Turner, will posit that disruption is inevitable for c...
Mar. 23, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,786
SYS-CON Events announced today that Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Mar. 23, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,725
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 23, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,610
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Mar. 23, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,237