|By PR Newswire||
|February 18, 2014 08:14 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Consumer Dynamics are Shaping Sensor Production Strategies
Analysis of global sensors in consumer electric industry research service discusses the state of the sensors markets in game consoles, cameras and camcorders, personal media players, eBook readers, and white goods. Volatility of these products has a direct impact on the market demand for sensors. The segments covered include microelectronic mechanical sensors (MEMS), image, magnetic, humidity, and temperature sensors. Drivers and restraints, forecast and trends, and the 3 big predictions have been included in the study. The study period is from 2010 to 2019 and the base year is 2012. The forecast period is from 2013 to 2019.
• Sensors are currently found in almost all spheres of life and consumer electronics industry is an important end market for sensors.
• The need for sensors is propelled by the on-going need for immersive experience in digital products with slim and sleek appearance, high-definition brightness, superior quality, and real-time user experience from the youth and tech-savvy people.
• Sensors are the key building blocks for implementing the aforementioned customer requirements in consumer electronic devices. Game consoles, mobile phones, laptops, notebooks, tablets (example iPads), white goods, and other consumer devices have used various sensors, not only for user interfaces, but also for energy efficiency and making the devices more appealing to end customers.
• Innovation is the key to growth for sensors in consumer electronics due to increase in pursuit of more convenience and features in any electronics that a customer uses. This has allowed for digitisation, smartness, communication capability, improvement in quality (robustness), and less-expensive sensors than their predecessors.
• While the sensors market has grown along with the boom in the shipment of smartphones and tablets, it is not the case with products such as game consoles, cameras and camcorders, personal media players (PMPs), and eBook readers as multi-functional smartphones and tablets are questioning the need for single-function gaming consoles, cameras and camcorders, and PMPs. This factor has ultimately affected the demand for sensors in single-function devices.
1. Convergence of information, communication, and entertainment into a single device has made cameras, eBook readers, PMPs, and game consoles redundant.
2. The key to success in this industry is to understand the changing consumer dynamics and offer applications and individual sensor solutions at competitive prices.
3. Investing in sensor innovation and capacity and improving quality is crucial to meeting the growing demand and rapid evolution of the consumer electronics industry.
4. Ensuring a complete portfolio is required in order for customers to have a single provider for all sensors.
5. Electronic gadget manufacturers are pressurised to offer products at competitive prices. Thus, the deciding factor for sensors in consumer electronics industry is pricing.
Market Overview—Scope and Definitions
• Game Consoles
• Cameras and Camcorders
• Personal Media Players (PMPs)
• White Goods
• eBook Readers
• Microelectronic mechanical sensors (MEMS) are devices that integrate micro-sensing devices or systems that combine electrical and mechanical components. These are fabricated using integrated circuit (IC) batch-processing techniques. The study covers applications where MEMS-based technology is used for sensing applications.
• Image sensors used in digital cameras and camera modules convert light/optical images into electronic signals.
• Magnetic, temperature, and humidity sensors measure the physical quantity/parameter such as magnetic field, temperature, and humidity, and convert it into a signal that can be read by an electronic instrument.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What are the growth opportunities across various sensor segments?
What is the future demand potential of different sensors in various consumer electronic applications?
Which participants are competitors operating in the sensors market for the consumer electronic industry?
How will the end-user structure of the market change with time?
What are the potential areas of growth for end users and applications globally?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Sensors Market in Consumer Electronics Industry
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
• Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
4. Sensors in Game Consoles Segment Breakdown
5. Sensors in Personal Media Players Segment Breakdown
6. Sensors in Cameras and Camcorders Segment Breakdown
7. Sensors in White Goods Segment Breakdown
8. Sensors in eBook Readers Segment Breakdown
9. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of Global Sensors Market in Consumer Electronics Industry
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,626
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,303
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,490
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,546
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,480
I’m going to cry tonight, long and hard. I’ll do so as I remember and mourn Jeremy Geelan. I knew Jeremy for almost 20 years, from the time he showed up one day at Cloud Expo’s headquarters in Bergen County, New Jersey, and went to work. The show wasn’t called Cloud Expo then, of course – it was still known as Java Edge, a pioneering event that grabbed developers, architects, and enterprise IT users alike for twice-yearly confabs. Jeremy didn’t have a job there, or even a job offer. He was s...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,591
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,688
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 824
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 873
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Robert Doyle, lead architect at eCube Systems, will examine the issues and need for an agile infrastructure and show the advantages of capturing developer knowledge in an exportable file for migration into production. He will introduce the use of NXTmonitor, a next-generation DevOps tool that captures application environments, dependencies and start/stop procedures in a portable configuration file with an easy-to-use GUI. In addition to captu...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 995
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,336
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 942
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,765
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,538
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 25, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,476