|By PR Newswire||
|February 18, 2014 08:14 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Consumer Dynamics are Shaping Sensor Production Strategies
Analysis of global sensors in consumer electric industry research service discusses the state of the sensors markets in game consoles, cameras and camcorders, personal media players, eBook readers, and white goods. Volatility of these products has a direct impact on the market demand for sensors. The segments covered include microelectronic mechanical sensors (MEMS), image, magnetic, humidity, and temperature sensors. Drivers and restraints, forecast and trends, and the 3 big predictions have been included in the study. The study period is from 2010 to 2019 and the base year is 2012. The forecast period is from 2013 to 2019.
• Sensors are currently found in almost all spheres of life and consumer electronics industry is an important end market for sensors.
• The need for sensors is propelled by the on-going need for immersive experience in digital products with slim and sleek appearance, high-definition brightness, superior quality, and real-time user experience from the youth and tech-savvy people.
• Sensors are the key building blocks for implementing the aforementioned customer requirements in consumer electronic devices. Game consoles, mobile phones, laptops, notebooks, tablets (example iPads), white goods, and other consumer devices have used various sensors, not only for user interfaces, but also for energy efficiency and making the devices more appealing to end customers.
• Innovation is the key to growth for sensors in consumer electronics due to increase in pursuit of more convenience and features in any electronics that a customer uses. This has allowed for digitisation, smartness, communication capability, improvement in quality (robustness), and less-expensive sensors than their predecessors.
• While the sensors market has grown along with the boom in the shipment of smartphones and tablets, it is not the case with products such as game consoles, cameras and camcorders, personal media players (PMPs), and eBook readers as multi-functional smartphones and tablets are questioning the need for single-function gaming consoles, cameras and camcorders, and PMPs. This factor has ultimately affected the demand for sensors in single-function devices.
1. Convergence of information, communication, and entertainment into a single device has made cameras, eBook readers, PMPs, and game consoles redundant.
2. The key to success in this industry is to understand the changing consumer dynamics and offer applications and individual sensor solutions at competitive prices.
3. Investing in sensor innovation and capacity and improving quality is crucial to meeting the growing demand and rapid evolution of the consumer electronics industry.
4. Ensuring a complete portfolio is required in order for customers to have a single provider for all sensors.
5. Electronic gadget manufacturers are pressurised to offer products at competitive prices. Thus, the deciding factor for sensors in consumer electronics industry is pricing.
Market Overview—Scope and Definitions
• Game Consoles
• Cameras and Camcorders
• Personal Media Players (PMPs)
• White Goods
• eBook Readers
• Microelectronic mechanical sensors (MEMS) are devices that integrate micro-sensing devices or systems that combine electrical and mechanical components. These are fabricated using integrated circuit (IC) batch-processing techniques. The study covers applications where MEMS-based technology is used for sensing applications.
• Image sensors used in digital cameras and camera modules convert light/optical images into electronic signals.
• Magnetic, temperature, and humidity sensors measure the physical quantity/parameter such as magnetic field, temperature, and humidity, and convert it into a signal that can be read by an electronic instrument.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What are the growth opportunities across various sensor segments?
What is the future demand potential of different sensors in various consumer electronic applications?
Which participants are competitors operating in the sensors market for the consumer electronic industry?
How will the end-user structure of the market change with time?
What are the potential areas of growth for end users and applications globally?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Sensors Market in Consumer Electronics Industry
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
• Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
4. Sensors in Game Consoles Segment Breakdown
5. Sensors in Personal Media Players Segment Breakdown
6. Sensors in Cameras and Camcorders Segment Breakdown
7. Sensors in White Goods Segment Breakdown
8. Sensors in eBook Readers Segment Breakdown
9. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of Global Sensors Market in Consumer Electronics Industry
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,971
Customer experience has become a competitive differentiator for companies, and it’s imperative that brands seamlessly connect the customer journey across all platforms. With the continued explosion of IoT, join us for a look at how to build a winning digital foundation in the connected era – today and in the future. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Nguyen, Group Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how to successfully leverage mobile, rapidly deploy content, capture real-time d...
May. 29, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,666
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Cole, Director of Solutions Engineering at Peak 10, will discuss how the newest technology advances are reducing the cost and complexity of traditional business continuity and disaster recovery solutions. Attendees will: Learn why having a full disaster recovery strategy is more important now than ever before Explore the key drivers of a successful disaster recovery solution Achieve measurable operational and business value from a disaster recovery ...
May. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,438
The cloud era has reached the stage where it is no longer a question of whether a company should migrate, but when. Enterprises have embraced the outsourcing of where their various applications are stored and who manages them, saving significant investment along the way. Plus, the cloud has become a defining competitive edge. Companies that fail to successfully adapt risk failure. The media, of course, continues to extol the virtues of the cloud, including how easy it is to get there. Migrating...
May. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 602
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
May. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 694
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hanu Software will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Leveraging best-in-class people, processes, and technologies, Hanu provides high-quality, high-value software development and business process outsourcing services to independent software vendors (ISVs) and enterprises.
May. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,428
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 29, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,293
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 29, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,268
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
May. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,501
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, will provide an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life ...
May. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,023
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC Software has been named "Siver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. BMC is a global leader in innovative software solutions that help businesses transform into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. BMC Digital Enterprise Management is a set of innovative IT solutions designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized from mainframe to mo...
May. 29, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,304
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
May. 29, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 729
In the rush to compete in the digital age, a successful digital transformation is essential, but many organizations are setting themselves up for failure. There’s a common misconception that the process is just about technology, but it’s not. It’s about your business. It shouldn’t be treated as an isolated IT project; it should be driven by business needs with the committed involvement of a range of stakeholders.
May. 29, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,657
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex software systems for startups and enterprises. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobile software company with over 200 develope...
May. 29, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,741
SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to global enterprises. SoftLayer's modular architecture, full-featured API, and sophisticated automation provide unparalleled performance and control. Its flexible unified platform seamlessly spans physical and virtual devices linked via a world...
May. 29, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,299