|By PR Newswire||
|February 18, 2014 08:14 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Consumer Dynamics are Shaping Sensor Production Strategies
Analysis of global sensors in consumer electric industry research service discusses the state of the sensors markets in game consoles, cameras and camcorders, personal media players, eBook readers, and white goods. Volatility of these products has a direct impact on the market demand for sensors. The segments covered include microelectronic mechanical sensors (MEMS), image, magnetic, humidity, and temperature sensors. Drivers and restraints, forecast and trends, and the 3 big predictions have been included in the study. The study period is from 2010 to 2019 and the base year is 2012. The forecast period is from 2013 to 2019.
• Sensors are currently found in almost all spheres of life and consumer electronics industry is an important end market for sensors.
• The need for sensors is propelled by the on-going need for immersive experience in digital products with slim and sleek appearance, high-definition brightness, superior quality, and real-time user experience from the youth and tech-savvy people.
• Sensors are the key building blocks for implementing the aforementioned customer requirements in consumer electronic devices. Game consoles, mobile phones, laptops, notebooks, tablets (example iPads), white goods, and other consumer devices have used various sensors, not only for user interfaces, but also for energy efficiency and making the devices more appealing to end customers.
• Innovation is the key to growth for sensors in consumer electronics due to increase in pursuit of more convenience and features in any electronics that a customer uses. This has allowed for digitisation, smartness, communication capability, improvement in quality (robustness), and less-expensive sensors than their predecessors.
• While the sensors market has grown along with the boom in the shipment of smartphones and tablets, it is not the case with products such as game consoles, cameras and camcorders, personal media players (PMPs), and eBook readers as multi-functional smartphones and tablets are questioning the need for single-function gaming consoles, cameras and camcorders, and PMPs. This factor has ultimately affected the demand for sensors in single-function devices.
1. Convergence of information, communication, and entertainment into a single device has made cameras, eBook readers, PMPs, and game consoles redundant.
2. The key to success in this industry is to understand the changing consumer dynamics and offer applications and individual sensor solutions at competitive prices.
3. Investing in sensor innovation and capacity and improving quality is crucial to meeting the growing demand and rapid evolution of the consumer electronics industry.
4. Ensuring a complete portfolio is required in order for customers to have a single provider for all sensors.
5. Electronic gadget manufacturers are pressurised to offer products at competitive prices. Thus, the deciding factor for sensors in consumer electronics industry is pricing.
Market Overview—Scope and Definitions
• Game Consoles
• Cameras and Camcorders
• Personal Media Players (PMPs)
• White Goods
• eBook Readers
• Microelectronic mechanical sensors (MEMS) are devices that integrate micro-sensing devices or systems that combine electrical and mechanical components. These are fabricated using integrated circuit (IC) batch-processing techniques. The study covers applications where MEMS-based technology is used for sensing applications.
• Image sensors used in digital cameras and camera modules convert light/optical images into electronic signals.
• Magnetic, temperature, and humidity sensors measure the physical quantity/parameter such as magnetic field, temperature, and humidity, and convert it into a signal that can be read by an electronic instrument.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What are the growth opportunities across various sensor segments?
What is the future demand potential of different sensors in various consumer electronic applications?
Which participants are competitors operating in the sensors market for the consumer electronic industry?
How will the end-user structure of the market change with time?
What are the potential areas of growth for end users and applications globally?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Sensors Market in Consumer Electronics Industry
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
• Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
4. Sensors in Game Consoles Segment Breakdown
5. Sensors in Personal Media Players Segment Breakdown
6. Sensors in Cameras and Camcorders Segment Breakdown
7. Sensors in White Goods Segment Breakdown
8. Sensors in eBook Readers Segment Breakdown
9. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of Global Sensors Market in Consumer Electronics Industry
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 27, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,289
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 27, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,755
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 27, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 708
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,082
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 722
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 27, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,569
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 27, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,875
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Aug. 27, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,625
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 567
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 758
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,445
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,341
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,613
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 639
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 659