|By PR Newswire||
|February 18, 2014 08:14 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Consumer Dynamics are Shaping Sensor Production Strategies
Analysis of global sensors in consumer electric industry research service discusses the state of the sensors markets in game consoles, cameras and camcorders, personal media players, eBook readers, and white goods. Volatility of these products has a direct impact on the market demand for sensors. The segments covered include microelectronic mechanical sensors (MEMS), image, magnetic, humidity, and temperature sensors. Drivers and restraints, forecast and trends, and the 3 big predictions have been included in the study. The study period is from 2010 to 2019 and the base year is 2012. The forecast period is from 2013 to 2019.
• Sensors are currently found in almost all spheres of life and consumer electronics industry is an important end market for sensors.
• The need for sensors is propelled by the on-going need for immersive experience in digital products with slim and sleek appearance, high-definition brightness, superior quality, and real-time user experience from the youth and tech-savvy people.
• Sensors are the key building blocks for implementing the aforementioned customer requirements in consumer electronic devices. Game consoles, mobile phones, laptops, notebooks, tablets (example iPads), white goods, and other consumer devices have used various sensors, not only for user interfaces, but also for energy efficiency and making the devices more appealing to end customers.
• Innovation is the key to growth for sensors in consumer electronics due to increase in pursuit of more convenience and features in any electronics that a customer uses. This has allowed for digitisation, smartness, communication capability, improvement in quality (robustness), and less-expensive sensors than their predecessors.
• While the sensors market has grown along with the boom in the shipment of smartphones and tablets, it is not the case with products such as game consoles, cameras and camcorders, personal media players (PMPs), and eBook readers as multi-functional smartphones and tablets are questioning the need for single-function gaming consoles, cameras and camcorders, and PMPs. This factor has ultimately affected the demand for sensors in single-function devices.
1. Convergence of information, communication, and entertainment into a single device has made cameras, eBook readers, PMPs, and game consoles redundant.
2. The key to success in this industry is to understand the changing consumer dynamics and offer applications and individual sensor solutions at competitive prices.
3. Investing in sensor innovation and capacity and improving quality is crucial to meeting the growing demand and rapid evolution of the consumer electronics industry.
4. Ensuring a complete portfolio is required in order for customers to have a single provider for all sensors.
5. Electronic gadget manufacturers are pressurised to offer products at competitive prices. Thus, the deciding factor for sensors in consumer electronics industry is pricing.
Market Overview—Scope and Definitions
• Game Consoles
• Cameras and Camcorders
• Personal Media Players (PMPs)
• White Goods
• eBook Readers
• Microelectronic mechanical sensors (MEMS) are devices that integrate micro-sensing devices or systems that combine electrical and mechanical components. These are fabricated using integrated circuit (IC) batch-processing techniques. The study covers applications where MEMS-based technology is used for sensing applications.
• Image sensors used in digital cameras and camera modules convert light/optical images into electronic signals.
• Magnetic, temperature, and humidity sensors measure the physical quantity/parameter such as magnetic field, temperature, and humidity, and convert it into a signal that can be read by an electronic instrument.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What are the growth opportunities across various sensor segments?
What is the future demand potential of different sensors in various consumer electronic applications?
Which participants are competitors operating in the sensors market for the consumer electronic industry?
How will the end-user structure of the market change with time?
What are the potential areas of growth for end users and applications globally?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Sensors Market in Consumer Electronics Industry
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
• Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
4. Sensors in Game Consoles Segment Breakdown
5. Sensors in Personal Media Players Segment Breakdown
6. Sensors in Cameras and Camcorders Segment Breakdown
7. Sensors in White Goods Segment Breakdown
8. Sensors in eBook Readers Segment Breakdown
9. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of Global Sensors Market in Consumer Electronics Industry
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 27, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,217
Building custom add-ons does not need to be limited to the ideas you see on a marketplace. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sukhbir Dhillon, CEO and founder of Addteq, will go over some adventures they faced in developing integrations using Atlassian SDK and other technologies/platforms and how it has enabled development teams to experiment with newer paradigms like Serverless and newer features of Atlassian SDKs. In this presentation, you will be taken on a journey of Add-On and Integration ...
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,064
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,031
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,253
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 27, 2017 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,061
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership abi...
Mar. 27, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 11,062
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, demonstrated the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He discussed from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT to transi...
Mar. 27, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,185
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service.
Mar. 27, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,993
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Mar. 27, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,171
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Mar. 27, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,012
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you ...
Mar. 27, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,197
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,948
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,004
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,890
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 27, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,147