|By Business Wire||
|February 19, 2014 07:25 AM EST||
Six UK mobile companies are battling it out to become the UK’s most innovative mobile company. As part of the Smart UK Project, the six finalists pitch their innovation to a panel of judges at Mobile World Congress 2014.
The six finalists are:
- 5TILES from ETAOI Systems is a keyboard for smartphones and wearable devices that has only five keys. It uses 70% less space on screen than traditional QWERTY keyboards and is simple to learn.
- This app allows mobile devices to capture and reconstruct in 3D what they see in the live video camera feed. The processing happens on the device without the help of additional hardware or external software. The results are a cross between a photo and a 3D model.
- RouteShoot enables anyone, anywhere in the world, to create and share route-referenced video using their smartphone. With full 1080p HD video recording, mapping and GPS functions on the latest generation of smartphones, RouteShoot continuously geo-tags entire journeys at the touch of a button.
- Cyber security specialists SQR Systems has developed a combination of encryption and compression technology for secure and optimised transmission of voice, video and data over low bandwidth networks. The encryption process takes place before the data is transmitted, ensuring content is not exposed to cyber-attacks.
- People carry their mobile with them everywhere, making it a suitable device for management of patients. uMotif’s secure, cloud-based mobile and web apps combine patient-led data inputs, sensor data, health data sets and a range of engaging content to help patients track, monitor and manage their health, while retaining 100% data ownership.
- ViewRanger has built a digital platform and global social network for outdoor enthusiasts. Based around its GPS navigation app and MyViewRanger web portal, users can discover, plan, navigate, track and share their outdoor pursuits and trails.
The six finalists will pitch to the Smart UK Project judges, including Mike Short (Telefonica Europe), Cornelia Calugar-Pop (Deloitte), Antony Walker (techUK), Tom Cheesewright (Futurologist), Roy Gunter (Mobility Ventures) and Neil Crockett (Connected Digital Economy Catapult).
The pitching process begins at 12.45pm, Tuesday 25th February (Central European Time) at Mobile World Congress. The winner will be announced immediately after the pitching.
To attend the final please register here.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 6,281
Mar. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,176
Mar. 27, 2017 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,569
Mar. 27, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 12,912
Mar. 27, 2017 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,997
Mar. 27, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,406
Mar. 27, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,956
Mar. 27, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,952
Mar. 27, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,027
Mar. 27, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,329
Mar. 27, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,679
Mar. 27, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,062
Mar. 27, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,212
Mar. 27, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 748
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,480