|By Marketwired .||
|February 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA and MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/19/14 -- RSA-- The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance (http://www.fidoalliance.org/), an industry consortium revolutionizing online authentication with standards for strong authentication, today announced plans for the RSA Conference USA 2014, which is taking place in San Francisco, CA from February 24-28. The FIDO Alliance will pursue new members at the RSA Conference and strive to engage the Security community at large in developing universal strong authentication. FIDO authentication equips users of online, mobile, and point-of-sale applications to access sites and services and confirm transactions with better authentication that is more secure, private, and easier-to-use than passwords and PINs. At the RSA Conference, FIDO Alliance member organizations will demonstrate FIDO Ready products based on FIDO specifications.
"We look to the RSA Conference 2014, in San Francisco, to engage new members from the Enterprise, Financial Services, and E-Commerce sectors. Along with many others, these groups are critically challenged to replace password and PIN dependencies with strong authentication," said FIDO Alliance president Michael Barrett. "The FIDO Alliance is active and available at this year's RSA Conference to brief organizations on the emerging authentication capability that offers Relying Parties and their users authentication that is simultaneously more secure, private, and easier to use."
The FIDO Ready Showcase on Wednesday afternoon, 1-5 pm, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110 will feature two FIDO Alliance member panels, FIDO Ready product demonstrations, and a chance to meet and interact in one-to-one meetings with many FIDO Alliance members. All RSA attendees are welcome to come and learn more about FIDO specifications, FIDO Ready products, and how to engage with the FIDO Alliance to start using FIDO specifications for universal strong authentication.
Meet the FIDO Alliance at RSA Conference 2014
- Monday, February 24, 9:15 am at the Westin Hotel, FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs' CEO Phillip Dunkelberger will be presenting at AGC's Security Conference.
- Tuesday, February 25, 2:40 pm - RSA panel "Are Mobile Devices the Answer to the Strong Authentication Problem?" features FIDO Alliance Board members: Michael Barrett, president, the FIDO Alliance; Phillip Dunkelberger, CEO, Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; Brett McDowell, Head of Ecosystem Security, PayPal; and Nils Puhlmann, Founder, Cloud Security Alliance with moderator Al Pascual, Senior Analyst, Javelin Strategy & Research.
- Wednesday, February 26, 8:00 a.m. - RSA panel "The Future of Authentication: Different Approaches to the Same Goal." Distinguished Forrester analyst Eve Maler will moderate the panel with FIDO Alliance members: president Michael Barrett, VP Brett McDowell, and Mayank Upadhyay of Google, who will be joined by Bob Blakely of Citigroup.
- Wednesday, February 26 at 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. Moscone North, Room 110, the FIDO Alliance FIDO Ready Showcase will feature two member panels discussing the importance of the FIDO Alliance and how organizations can start using FIDO specifications now.
- FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs is hosting a networking drinks reception at Bluestem Brasserie, on Monday, February 24 5-8 pm. Registration is required; details can be found at https://noknok2014.eventbrite.com.
- RSA attendees with badges are invited to attend the FIDO Alliance co-hosted event, Non-Profits on the Loose on Tuesday, February 25, Minna Gallery, 5-9 p.m.
- The FIDO Ready Showcase will feature a FIDO Alliance member panel, FIDO Ready live product demonstrations, and a chance to meet and interact in one-to-one meetings. Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m.
- FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs is hosting a meeting suite at the Palomar hotel to showcase demonstrations of its FIDO Ready range of client and server solutions. For more information and to schedule a briefing, please contact [email protected].
FIDO Alliance Members Demonstrating FIDO Ready Products at RSA Conference 2014
RSA attendees can experience FIDO Ready products in action at the FIDO Ready Showcase on Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m., and other RSA booths and conference locations, as noted. FIDO Ready products and services from AGNITiO, GO-Trust, Infineon Technologies, Nok Nok Labs, NXP Semiconductors, and Yubico will be on display at the RSA Conference 2014.
FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that are based on FIDO specifications. These solutions have undergone an interoperability testing process against FIDO specifications. RSA demonstrations of FIDO Ready products will illustrate the clear value interoperable, more secure, private, and easier-to-use authentication devices and solutions can deliver to organizations and their constituents.
Organizations are increasingly challenged to manage user bases of personal information and passwords. While their users are repeatedly frustrated trying to remember and manage multiple passwords to access sites and services and confirm actions they take every day. FIDO innovations address a key pain point for Enterprise, Financial Services, eCommerce, and many categories of Relying Parties, by reducing the clear risk that comes with having to manage users' passwords across the current threat landscape. FIDO authentication enables existing and new authentication products and services to deliver better authentication that overcomes the prevailing reliance on passwords and PINs.
Specifications for FIDO authentication outline a model with a core focus on privacy -- all biometric and/or personally identifiable information (PII) stays local on the user's device and is not shared to the cloud or over the network.
- AGNITiO "Voice iD" protects a user from device to call center, by identifying their unique, natural spoken voice. AGNITiO will demonstrate Voice iD as a simple, universal way to replace passwords and PINs when authenticating smartphones, laptops and applications, and securing digital transactions. See Voice iD in multifactor demonstrations at the FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m.
- GO-Trust FIDO microSD supports FIDO login and includes 8GB memory capacity for user storage. FIDO microSD will work with 99 percent of existing laptops and personal computers and the one billion Android devices in the marketplace, making devices FIDO Ready. For enterprises and end users, microSD will soon be available at popular online merchants like eBay and Amazon. Demos of GO-Trust FIDO microSD can be seen at the FIDO Ready Showcase and on the RSA floor at the Infineon area of the IT Security Association Germany, "German Pavilion," TeleTrusT booth # 3421, North Exhibition Hall.
- Nok Nok Labs will be demonstrating the NNL Multifactor Authentication Server (MFAS), the only server solution currently certified as FIDO Ready for both the UAF and U2F protocols. The demo will show Android and Desktop clients authenticating with a range of different biometric and non-biometric use cases. FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m and the Nok Nok Labs meeting suite.
- Yubico will demonstrate the FIDO U2F protocol in YubiKey NEO. YubiKey NEO enables secure single key log in from a mobile device or computer, to any number of online services, with a simple touch and with no client software needed. The product is an extension of the YubiKey invention, used by millions of users in 120 countries. FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m., and NXP booth# 1341.
Industry-driven FIDO specifications will support a full range of authentication technologies, including biometrics such as fingerprint and iris scanners, voice and facial recognition. FIDO specifications will enable existing solutions and communications standards, such as Trusted Platform Modules (TPM), USB Security Tokens, embedded Secure Elements (eSE), Smart Cards, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and Near Field Communication (NFC). FIDO specifications are being designed to be extensible and to accommodate future innovation, as well as protect existing investments. FIDO specifications allow the interaction of technologies within an interoperable infrastructure, enabling authentication choice to meet the distinct needs of users and organizations.
About The FIDO Alliance
The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, www.fidoalliance.org, was formed in July 2012 to address the lack of interoperability among strong authentication technologies, and remedy the problems users face with creating and remembering multiple usernames and passwords. The Alliance plans to change the nature of authentication by developing standards-based specifications for simpler, stronger authentication that define an open, scalable, interoperable set of mechanisms that reduce reliance on passwords. FIDO authentication is stronger, private, and easier to use when authenticating to online services.
The FIDO Alliance Board of Directors includes leading global organizations: Blackberry®; CrucialTec (KRX: 114120); Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS); Google; Lenovo; MasterCard (NYSE: MA); Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT); Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI); Oberthur Technologies OT; PayPal (NASDAQ: EBAY); RSA®; Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA); Yubico.
for FIDO Alliance
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,623
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,298
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,490
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,546
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,480
I’m going to cry tonight, long and hard. I’ll do so as I remember and mourn Jeremy Geelan. I knew Jeremy for almost 20 years, from the time he showed up one day at Cloud Expo’s headquarters in Bergen County, New Jersey, and went to work. The show wasn’t called Cloud Expo then, of course – it was still known as Java Edge, a pioneering event that grabbed developers, architects, and enterprise IT users alike for twice-yearly confabs. Jeremy didn’t have a job there, or even a job offer. He was s...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,583
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,687
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 824
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,335
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 941
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 871
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Robert Doyle, lead architect at eCube Systems, will examine the issues and need for an agile infrastructure and show the advantages of capturing developer knowledge in an exportable file for migration into production. He will introduce the use of NXTmonitor, a next-generation DevOps tool that captures application environments, dependencies and start/stop procedures in a portable configuration file with an easy-to-use GUI. In addition to captu...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 993
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,765
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,537
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 25, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,473