|By Marketwired .||
|February 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA and MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/19/14 -- RSA-- The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance (http://www.fidoalliance.org/), an industry consortium revolutionizing online authentication with standards for strong authentication, today announced plans for the RSA Conference USA 2014, which is taking place in San Francisco, CA from February 24-28. The FIDO Alliance will pursue new members at the RSA Conference and strive to engage the Security community at large in developing universal strong authentication. FIDO authentication equips users of online, mobile, and point-of-sale applications to access sites and services and confirm transactions with better authentication that is more secure, private, and easier-to-use than passwords and PINs. At the RSA Conference, FIDO Alliance member organizations will demonstrate FIDO Ready products based on FIDO specifications.
"We look to the RSA Conference 2014, in San Francisco, to engage new members from the Enterprise, Financial Services, and E-Commerce sectors. Along with many others, these groups are critically challenged to replace password and PIN dependencies with strong authentication," said FIDO Alliance president Michael Barrett. "The FIDO Alliance is active and available at this year's RSA Conference to brief organizations on the emerging authentication capability that offers Relying Parties and their users authentication that is simultaneously more secure, private, and easier to use."
The FIDO Ready Showcase on Wednesday afternoon, 1-5 pm, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110 will feature two FIDO Alliance member panels, FIDO Ready product demonstrations, and a chance to meet and interact in one-to-one meetings with many FIDO Alliance members. All RSA attendees are welcome to come and learn more about FIDO specifications, FIDO Ready products, and how to engage with the FIDO Alliance to start using FIDO specifications for universal strong authentication.
Meet the FIDO Alliance at RSA Conference 2014
- Monday, February 24, 9:15 am at the Westin Hotel, FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs' CEO Phillip Dunkelberger will be presenting at AGC's Security Conference.
- Tuesday, February 25, 2:40 pm - RSA panel "Are Mobile Devices the Answer to the Strong Authentication Problem?" features FIDO Alliance Board members: Michael Barrett, president, the FIDO Alliance; Phillip Dunkelberger, CEO, Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; Brett McDowell, Head of Ecosystem Security, PayPal; and Nils Puhlmann, Founder, Cloud Security Alliance with moderator Al Pascual, Senior Analyst, Javelin Strategy & Research.
- Wednesday, February 26, 8:00 a.m. - RSA panel "The Future of Authentication: Different Approaches to the Same Goal." Distinguished Forrester analyst Eve Maler will moderate the panel with FIDO Alliance members: president Michael Barrett, VP Brett McDowell, and Mayank Upadhyay of Google, who will be joined by Bob Blakely of Citigroup.
- Wednesday, February 26 at 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. Moscone North, Room 110, the FIDO Alliance FIDO Ready Showcase will feature two member panels discussing the importance of the FIDO Alliance and how organizations can start using FIDO specifications now.
- FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs is hosting a networking drinks reception at Bluestem Brasserie, on Monday, February 24 5-8 pm. Registration is required; details can be found at https://noknok2014.eventbrite.com.
- RSA attendees with badges are invited to attend the FIDO Alliance co-hosted event, Non-Profits on the Loose on Tuesday, February 25, Minna Gallery, 5-9 p.m.
- The FIDO Ready Showcase will feature a FIDO Alliance member panel, FIDO Ready live product demonstrations, and a chance to meet and interact in one-to-one meetings. Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m.
- FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs is hosting a meeting suite at the Palomar hotel to showcase demonstrations of its FIDO Ready range of client and server solutions. For more information and to schedule a briefing, please contact [email protected].
FIDO Alliance Members Demonstrating FIDO Ready Products at RSA Conference 2014
RSA attendees can experience FIDO Ready products in action at the FIDO Ready Showcase on Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m., and other RSA booths and conference locations, as noted. FIDO Ready products and services from AGNITiO, GO-Trust, Infineon Technologies, Nok Nok Labs, NXP Semiconductors, and Yubico will be on display at the RSA Conference 2014.
FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that are based on FIDO specifications. These solutions have undergone an interoperability testing process against FIDO specifications. RSA demonstrations of FIDO Ready products will illustrate the clear value interoperable, more secure, private, and easier-to-use authentication devices and solutions can deliver to organizations and their constituents.
Organizations are increasingly challenged to manage user bases of personal information and passwords. While their users are repeatedly frustrated trying to remember and manage multiple passwords to access sites and services and confirm actions they take every day. FIDO innovations address a key pain point for Enterprise, Financial Services, eCommerce, and many categories of Relying Parties, by reducing the clear risk that comes with having to manage users' passwords across the current threat landscape. FIDO authentication enables existing and new authentication products and services to deliver better authentication that overcomes the prevailing reliance on passwords and PINs.
Specifications for FIDO authentication outline a model with a core focus on privacy -- all biometric and/or personally identifiable information (PII) stays local on the user's device and is not shared to the cloud or over the network.
- AGNITiO "Voice iD" protects a user from device to call center, by identifying their unique, natural spoken voice. AGNITiO will demonstrate Voice iD as a simple, universal way to replace passwords and PINs when authenticating smartphones, laptops and applications, and securing digital transactions. See Voice iD in multifactor demonstrations at the FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m.
- GO-Trust FIDO microSD supports FIDO login and includes 8GB memory capacity for user storage. FIDO microSD will work with 99 percent of existing laptops and personal computers and the one billion Android devices in the marketplace, making devices FIDO Ready. For enterprises and end users, microSD will soon be available at popular online merchants like eBay and Amazon. Demos of GO-Trust FIDO microSD can be seen at the FIDO Ready Showcase and on the RSA floor at the Infineon area of the IT Security Association Germany, "German Pavilion," TeleTrusT booth # 3421, North Exhibition Hall.
- Nok Nok Labs will be demonstrating the NNL Multifactor Authentication Server (MFAS), the only server solution currently certified as FIDO Ready for both the UAF and U2F protocols. The demo will show Android and Desktop clients authenticating with a range of different biometric and non-biometric use cases. FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m and the Nok Nok Labs meeting suite.
- Yubico will demonstrate the FIDO U2F protocol in YubiKey NEO. YubiKey NEO enables secure single key log in from a mobile device or computer, to any number of online services, with a simple touch and with no client software needed. The product is an extension of the YubiKey invention, used by millions of users in 120 countries. FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m., and NXP booth# 1341.
Industry-driven FIDO specifications will support a full range of authentication technologies, including biometrics such as fingerprint and iris scanners, voice and facial recognition. FIDO specifications will enable existing solutions and communications standards, such as Trusted Platform Modules (TPM), USB Security Tokens, embedded Secure Elements (eSE), Smart Cards, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and Near Field Communication (NFC). FIDO specifications are being designed to be extensible and to accommodate future innovation, as well as protect existing investments. FIDO specifications allow the interaction of technologies within an interoperable infrastructure, enabling authentication choice to meet the distinct needs of users and organizations.
About The FIDO Alliance
The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, www.fidoalliance.org, was formed in July 2012 to address the lack of interoperability among strong authentication technologies, and remedy the problems users face with creating and remembering multiple usernames and passwords. The Alliance plans to change the nature of authentication by developing standards-based specifications for simpler, stronger authentication that define an open, scalable, interoperable set of mechanisms that reduce reliance on passwords. FIDO authentication is stronger, private, and easier to use when authenticating to online services.
The FIDO Alliance Board of Directors includes leading global organizations: Blackberry®; CrucialTec (KRX: 114120); Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS); Google; Lenovo; MasterCard (NYSE: MA); Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT); Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI); Oberthur Technologies OT; PayPal (NASDAQ: EBAY); RSA®; Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA); Yubico.
for FIDO Alliance
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, will discuss how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He will discuss how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors...
May. 6, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 276
Cloud Object Storage is effectively infinitely scalable and boasts the lowest total costs. But cloud SLAs and T&Cs are traditionally optimized for huge customers like Netflix, so applications demanding better confidentiality or higher availability typically can’t reap the benefits of public cloud storage. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Don Martin, CTO of Security First Corp, will provide an overview of innovative technologies available today – secret sharing and information dispersal algori...
May. 6, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 254
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 6, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 858
As the rapid adoption of containers continues, companies are finding that they lack the operational tools to understand the behavior of applications deployed in these containers, and how to identify issues in their application infrastructure. For example, how are multiple containers within an application impacting each other’s performance? If an application’s service is degraded, which container is to blame? In the case of an application outage, what was the root cause of the outage?
May. 6, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,207
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT's direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
May. 6, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 232
Cloud-based NCLC (No-code/low code) application builder platforms empower everyone in the organization to quickly build applications and executable processes that broaden access, deepen collaboration, and enhance transparency for all team members. Line of business owners (LOBO) and operations managers know best their part of the business and their processes. IT departments are beginning to leverage NCLC platforms to empower and enable LOBOs to lead the innovation, transform the organization, an...
May. 6, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 258
As enterprises around the world struggle with their digital transformation efforts, many are finding that innovative digital teams are moving much faster than their hidebound IT organizations. Rather than struggling to convince traditional IT to get with the digital program, executives are taking advice from IT research firm Gartner, and encouraging existing IT to continue in their desultory ways. However, many CIOs are realizing the dangers of following Gartner’s advice. The central challenge ...
May. 6, 2016 02:42 PM EDT Reads: 254
Unless you don’t use the internet, don’t live in California, or haven’t been paying attention to the recent news… you should be aware that self-driving cars are on their way to becoming a reality. I have seen them – they are real. If you believe in the future reality of self-driving cars, then continue reading on. If you don’t believe in the future possibilities, then I am not sure what to do to convince you other than discuss the very real changes that will roll out with the consumer producti...
May. 6, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 912
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 6, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,373
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 6, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,412
In the world of DevOps there are ‘known good practices’ – aka ‘patterns’ – and ‘known bad practices’ – aka ‘anti-patterns.' Many of these patterns and anti-patterns have been developed from real world experience, especially by the early adopters of DevOps theory; but many are more feasible in theory than in practice, especially for more recent entrants to the DevOps scene. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists will dis...
May. 6, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,186
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
May. 6, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,217
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 6, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 844
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,597
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,532