|By Marketwired .||
|February 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA and MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/19/14 -- RSA-- The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance (http://www.fidoalliance.org/), an industry consortium revolutionizing online authentication with standards for strong authentication, today announced plans for the RSA Conference USA 2014, which is taking place in San Francisco, CA from February 24-28. The FIDO Alliance will pursue new members at the RSA Conference and strive to engage the Security community at large in developing universal strong authentication. FIDO authentication equips users of online, mobile, and point-of-sale applications to access sites and services and confirm transactions with better authentication that is more secure, private, and easier-to-use than passwords and PINs. At the RSA Conference, FIDO Alliance member organizations will demonstrate FIDO Ready products based on FIDO specifications.
"We look to the RSA Conference 2014, in San Francisco, to engage new members from the Enterprise, Financial Services, and E-Commerce sectors. Along with many others, these groups are critically challenged to replace password and PIN dependencies with strong authentication," said FIDO Alliance president Michael Barrett. "The FIDO Alliance is active and available at this year's RSA Conference to brief organizations on the emerging authentication capability that offers Relying Parties and their users authentication that is simultaneously more secure, private, and easier to use."
The FIDO Ready Showcase on Wednesday afternoon, 1-5 pm, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110 will feature two FIDO Alliance member panels, FIDO Ready product demonstrations, and a chance to meet and interact in one-to-one meetings with many FIDO Alliance members. All RSA attendees are welcome to come and learn more about FIDO specifications, FIDO Ready products, and how to engage with the FIDO Alliance to start using FIDO specifications for universal strong authentication.
Meet the FIDO Alliance at RSA Conference 2014
- Monday, February 24, 9:15 am at the Westin Hotel, FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs' CEO Phillip Dunkelberger will be presenting at AGC's Security Conference.
- Tuesday, February 25, 2:40 pm - RSA panel "Are Mobile Devices the Answer to the Strong Authentication Problem?" features FIDO Alliance Board members: Michael Barrett, president, the FIDO Alliance; Phillip Dunkelberger, CEO, Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; Brett McDowell, Head of Ecosystem Security, PayPal; and Nils Puhlmann, Founder, Cloud Security Alliance with moderator Al Pascual, Senior Analyst, Javelin Strategy & Research.
- Wednesday, February 26, 8:00 a.m. - RSA panel "The Future of Authentication: Different Approaches to the Same Goal." Distinguished Forrester analyst Eve Maler will moderate the panel with FIDO Alliance members: president Michael Barrett, VP Brett McDowell, and Mayank Upadhyay of Google, who will be joined by Bob Blakely of Citigroup.
- Wednesday, February 26 at 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. Moscone North, Room 110, the FIDO Alliance FIDO Ready Showcase will feature two member panels discussing the importance of the FIDO Alliance and how organizations can start using FIDO specifications now.
- FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs is hosting a networking drinks reception at Bluestem Brasserie, on Monday, February 24 5-8 pm. Registration is required; details can be found at https://noknok2014.eventbrite.com.
- RSA attendees with badges are invited to attend the FIDO Alliance co-hosted event, Non-Profits on the Loose on Tuesday, February 25, Minna Gallery, 5-9 p.m.
- The FIDO Ready Showcase will feature a FIDO Alliance member panel, FIDO Ready live product demonstrations, and a chance to meet and interact in one-to-one meetings. Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m.
- FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs is hosting a meeting suite at the Palomar hotel to showcase demonstrations of its FIDO Ready range of client and server solutions. For more information and to schedule a briefing, please contact [email protected].
FIDO Alliance Members Demonstrating FIDO Ready Products at RSA Conference 2014
RSA attendees can experience FIDO Ready products in action at the FIDO Ready Showcase on Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m., and other RSA booths and conference locations, as noted. FIDO Ready products and services from AGNITiO, GO-Trust, Infineon Technologies, Nok Nok Labs, NXP Semiconductors, and Yubico will be on display at the RSA Conference 2014.
FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that are based on FIDO specifications. These solutions have undergone an interoperability testing process against FIDO specifications. RSA demonstrations of FIDO Ready products will illustrate the clear value interoperable, more secure, private, and easier-to-use authentication devices and solutions can deliver to organizations and their constituents.
Organizations are increasingly challenged to manage user bases of personal information and passwords. While their users are repeatedly frustrated trying to remember and manage multiple passwords to access sites and services and confirm actions they take every day. FIDO innovations address a key pain point for Enterprise, Financial Services, eCommerce, and many categories of Relying Parties, by reducing the clear risk that comes with having to manage users' passwords across the current threat landscape. FIDO authentication enables existing and new authentication products and services to deliver better authentication that overcomes the prevailing reliance on passwords and PINs.
Specifications for FIDO authentication outline a model with a core focus on privacy -- all biometric and/or personally identifiable information (PII) stays local on the user's device and is not shared to the cloud or over the network.
- AGNITiO "Voice iD" protects a user from device to call center, by identifying their unique, natural spoken voice. AGNITiO will demonstrate Voice iD as a simple, universal way to replace passwords and PINs when authenticating smartphones, laptops and applications, and securing digital transactions. See Voice iD in multifactor demonstrations at the FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m.
- GO-Trust FIDO microSD supports FIDO login and includes 8GB memory capacity for user storage. FIDO microSD will work with 99 percent of existing laptops and personal computers and the one billion Android devices in the marketplace, making devices FIDO Ready. For enterprises and end users, microSD will soon be available at popular online merchants like eBay and Amazon. Demos of GO-Trust FIDO microSD can be seen at the FIDO Ready Showcase and on the RSA floor at the Infineon area of the IT Security Association Germany, "German Pavilion," TeleTrusT booth # 3421, North Exhibition Hall.
- Nok Nok Labs will be demonstrating the NNL Multifactor Authentication Server (MFAS), the only server solution currently certified as FIDO Ready for both the UAF and U2F protocols. The demo will show Android and Desktop clients authenticating with a range of different biometric and non-biometric use cases. FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m and the Nok Nok Labs meeting suite.
- Yubico will demonstrate the FIDO U2F protocol in YubiKey NEO. YubiKey NEO enables secure single key log in from a mobile device or computer, to any number of online services, with a simple touch and with no client software needed. The product is an extension of the YubiKey invention, used by millions of users in 120 countries. FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m., and NXP booth# 1341.
Industry-driven FIDO specifications will support a full range of authentication technologies, including biometrics such as fingerprint and iris scanners, voice and facial recognition. FIDO specifications will enable existing solutions and communications standards, such as Trusted Platform Modules (TPM), USB Security Tokens, embedded Secure Elements (eSE), Smart Cards, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and Near Field Communication (NFC). FIDO specifications are being designed to be extensible and to accommodate future innovation, as well as protect existing investments. FIDO specifications allow the interaction of technologies within an interoperable infrastructure, enabling authentication choice to meet the distinct needs of users and organizations.
About The FIDO Alliance
The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, www.fidoalliance.org, was formed in July 2012 to address the lack of interoperability among strong authentication technologies, and remedy the problems users face with creating and remembering multiple usernames and passwords. The Alliance plans to change the nature of authentication by developing standards-based specifications for simpler, stronger authentication that define an open, scalable, interoperable set of mechanisms that reduce reliance on passwords. FIDO authentication is stronger, private, and easier to use when authenticating to online services.
The FIDO Alliance Board of Directors includes leading global organizations: Blackberry®; CrucialTec (KRX: 114120); Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS); Google; Lenovo; MasterCard (NYSE: MA); Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT); Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI); Oberthur Technologies OT; PayPal (NASDAQ: EBAY); RSA®; Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA); Yubico.
for FIDO Alliance
DevOps is not just last year’s buzzword. Companies with DevOps practices are 2.5x more likely to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. But how do you enable high performance? What can you do right now to start? Find out from DevOps experts including Gene Kim, co-author of "The Phoenix Project," and the Dynatrace Center of Excellence.
Feb. 10, 2016 02:54 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 10, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 415
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 10, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 391
Recognizing the need to identify and validate information security professionals’ competency in securing cloud services, the two leading membership organizations focused on cloud and information security, the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) and (ISC)^2, joined together to develop an international cloud security credential that reflects the most current and comprehensive best practices for securing and optimizing cloud computing environments.
Feb. 10, 2016 01:45 PM EST
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 10, 2016 01:15 PM EST
Sensors and effectors of IoT are solving problems in new ways, but small businesses have been slow to join the quantified world. They’ll need information from IoT using applications as varied as the businesses themselves. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer, Director of Technology Innovation at Intuit, showed how IoT manufacturers can use open standards, public APIs and custom apps to enable the Quantified Small Business. He used a Raspberry Pi to connect sensors...
Feb. 10, 2016 01:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:45 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 423
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 617
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 184
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 257
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 207
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
Feb. 10, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 390
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 10, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 105
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 10, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 246