|By Marketwired .||
|February 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA and MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/19/14 -- RSA-- The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance (http://www.fidoalliance.org/), an industry consortium revolutionizing online authentication with standards for strong authentication, today announced plans for the RSA Conference USA 2014, which is taking place in San Francisco, CA from February 24-28. The FIDO Alliance will pursue new members at the RSA Conference and strive to engage the Security community at large in developing universal strong authentication. FIDO authentication equips users of online, mobile, and point-of-sale applications to access sites and services and confirm transactions with better authentication that is more secure, private, and easier-to-use than passwords and PINs. At the RSA Conference, FIDO Alliance member organizations will demonstrate FIDO Ready products based on FIDO specifications.
"We look to the RSA Conference 2014, in San Francisco, to engage new members from the Enterprise, Financial Services, and E-Commerce sectors. Along with many others, these groups are critically challenged to replace password and PIN dependencies with strong authentication," said FIDO Alliance president Michael Barrett. "The FIDO Alliance is active and available at this year's RSA Conference to brief organizations on the emerging authentication capability that offers Relying Parties and their users authentication that is simultaneously more secure, private, and easier to use."
The FIDO Ready Showcase on Wednesday afternoon, 1-5 pm, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110 will feature two FIDO Alliance member panels, FIDO Ready product demonstrations, and a chance to meet and interact in one-to-one meetings with many FIDO Alliance members. All RSA attendees are welcome to come and learn more about FIDO specifications, FIDO Ready products, and how to engage with the FIDO Alliance to start using FIDO specifications for universal strong authentication.
Meet the FIDO Alliance at RSA Conference 2014
- Monday, February 24, 9:15 am at the Westin Hotel, FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs' CEO Phillip Dunkelberger will be presenting at AGC's Security Conference.
- Tuesday, February 25, 2:40 pm - RSA panel "Are Mobile Devices the Answer to the Strong Authentication Problem?" features FIDO Alliance Board members: Michael Barrett, president, the FIDO Alliance; Phillip Dunkelberger, CEO, Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; Brett McDowell, Head of Ecosystem Security, PayPal; and Nils Puhlmann, Founder, Cloud Security Alliance with moderator Al Pascual, Senior Analyst, Javelin Strategy & Research.
- Wednesday, February 26, 8:00 a.m. - RSA panel "The Future of Authentication: Different Approaches to the Same Goal." Distinguished Forrester analyst Eve Maler will moderate the panel with FIDO Alliance members: president Michael Barrett, VP Brett McDowell, and Mayank Upadhyay of Google, who will be joined by Bob Blakely of Citigroup.
- Wednesday, February 26 at 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. Moscone North, Room 110, the FIDO Alliance FIDO Ready Showcase will feature two member panels discussing the importance of the FIDO Alliance and how organizations can start using FIDO specifications now.
- FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs is hosting a networking drinks reception at Bluestem Brasserie, on Monday, February 24 5-8 pm. Registration is required; details can be found at https://noknok2014.eventbrite.com.
- RSA attendees with badges are invited to attend the FIDO Alliance co-hosted event, Non-Profits on the Loose on Tuesday, February 25, Minna Gallery, 5-9 p.m.
- The FIDO Ready Showcase will feature a FIDO Alliance member panel, FIDO Ready live product demonstrations, and a chance to meet and interact in one-to-one meetings. Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m.
- FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs is hosting a meeting suite at the Palomar hotel to showcase demonstrations of its FIDO Ready range of client and server solutions. For more information and to schedule a briefing, please contact [email protected].
FIDO Alliance Members Demonstrating FIDO Ready Products at RSA Conference 2014
RSA attendees can experience FIDO Ready products in action at the FIDO Ready Showcase on Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m., and other RSA booths and conference locations, as noted. FIDO Ready products and services from AGNITiO, GO-Trust, Infineon Technologies, Nok Nok Labs, NXP Semiconductors, and Yubico will be on display at the RSA Conference 2014.
FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that are based on FIDO specifications. These solutions have undergone an interoperability testing process against FIDO specifications. RSA demonstrations of FIDO Ready products will illustrate the clear value interoperable, more secure, private, and easier-to-use authentication devices and solutions can deliver to organizations and their constituents.
Organizations are increasingly challenged to manage user bases of personal information and passwords. While their users are repeatedly frustrated trying to remember and manage multiple passwords to access sites and services and confirm actions they take every day. FIDO innovations address a key pain point for Enterprise, Financial Services, eCommerce, and many categories of Relying Parties, by reducing the clear risk that comes with having to manage users' passwords across the current threat landscape. FIDO authentication enables existing and new authentication products and services to deliver better authentication that overcomes the prevailing reliance on passwords and PINs.
Specifications for FIDO authentication outline a model with a core focus on privacy -- all biometric and/or personally identifiable information (PII) stays local on the user's device and is not shared to the cloud or over the network.
- AGNITiO "Voice iD" protects a user from device to call center, by identifying their unique, natural spoken voice. AGNITiO will demonstrate Voice iD as a simple, universal way to replace passwords and PINs when authenticating smartphones, laptops and applications, and securing digital transactions. See Voice iD in multifactor demonstrations at the FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m.
- GO-Trust FIDO microSD supports FIDO login and includes 8GB memory capacity for user storage. FIDO microSD will work with 99 percent of existing laptops and personal computers and the one billion Android devices in the marketplace, making devices FIDO Ready. For enterprises and end users, microSD will soon be available at popular online merchants like eBay and Amazon. Demos of GO-Trust FIDO microSD can be seen at the FIDO Ready Showcase and on the RSA floor at the Infineon area of the IT Security Association Germany, "German Pavilion," TeleTrusT booth # 3421, North Exhibition Hall.
- Nok Nok Labs will be demonstrating the NNL Multifactor Authentication Server (MFAS), the only server solution currently certified as FIDO Ready for both the UAF and U2F protocols. The demo will show Android and Desktop clients authenticating with a range of different biometric and non-biometric use cases. FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m and the Nok Nok Labs meeting suite.
- Yubico will demonstrate the FIDO U2F protocol in YubiKey NEO. YubiKey NEO enables secure single key log in from a mobile device or computer, to any number of online services, with a simple touch and with no client software needed. The product is an extension of the YubiKey invention, used by millions of users in 120 countries. FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m., and NXP booth# 1341.
Industry-driven FIDO specifications will support a full range of authentication technologies, including biometrics such as fingerprint and iris scanners, voice and facial recognition. FIDO specifications will enable existing solutions and communications standards, such as Trusted Platform Modules (TPM), USB Security Tokens, embedded Secure Elements (eSE), Smart Cards, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and Near Field Communication (NFC). FIDO specifications are being designed to be extensible and to accommodate future innovation, as well as protect existing investments. FIDO specifications allow the interaction of technologies within an interoperable infrastructure, enabling authentication choice to meet the distinct needs of users and organizations.
About The FIDO Alliance
The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, www.fidoalliance.org, was formed in July 2012 to address the lack of interoperability among strong authentication technologies, and remedy the problems users face with creating and remembering multiple usernames and passwords. The Alliance plans to change the nature of authentication by developing standards-based specifications for simpler, stronger authentication that define an open, scalable, interoperable set of mechanisms that reduce reliance on passwords. FIDO authentication is stronger, private, and easier to use when authenticating to online services.
The FIDO Alliance Board of Directors includes leading global organizations: Blackberry®; CrucialTec (KRX: 114120); Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS); Google; Lenovo; MasterCard (NYSE: MA); Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT); Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI); Oberthur Technologies OT; PayPal (NASDAQ: EBAY); RSA®; Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA); Yubico.
for FIDO Alliance
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Mar. 28, 2017 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,495
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 28, 2017 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,479
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 28, 2017 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,202
SYS-CON Events announced today that SD Times | BZ Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and commercial UAV markets.
Mar. 28, 2017 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,390
Historically, some banking activities such as trading have been relying heavily on analytics and cutting edge algorithmic tools. The coming of age of powerful data analytics solutions combined with the development of intelligent algorithms have created new opportunities for financial institutions. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sebastien Meunier, Head of Digital for North America at Chappuis Halder & Co., will discuss how these tools can be leveraged to develop a lasting competitive advanta...
Mar. 28, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,820
Building custom add-ons does not need to be limited to the ideas you see on a marketplace. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sukhbir Dhillon, CEO and founder of Addteq, will go over some adventures they faced in developing integrations using Atlassian SDK and other technologies/platforms and how it has enabled development teams to experiment with newer paradigms like Serverless and newer features of Atlassian SDKs. In this presentation, you will be taken on a journey of Add-On and Integration ...
Mar. 28, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,215
Now that the world has connected “things,” we need to build these devices as truly intelligent in order to create instantaneous and precise results. This means you have to do as much of the processing at the point of entry as you can: at the edge. The killer use cases for IoT are becoming manifest through AI engines on edge devices. An autonomous car has this dual edge/cloud analytics model, producing precise, real-time results. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Crupi, Vice President and Eng...
Mar. 28, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,045
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 28, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,157
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 28, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,417
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" ...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,923
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,312
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,992
After more than five years of DevOps, definitions are evolving, boundaries are expanding, ‘unicorns’ are no longer rare, enterprises are on board, and pundits are moving on. Can we now look at an evolution of DevOps? Should we? Is the foundation of DevOps ‘done’, or is there still too much left to do? What is mature, and what is still missing? What does the next 5 years of DevOps look like? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by DevOps Summit Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists l...
Mar. 28, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 9,899
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, provided the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” used open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees learned where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructure. The...
Mar. 28, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 7,497
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,068