|By Marketwired .||
|February 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA and MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/19/14 -- RSA-- The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance (http://www.fidoalliance.org/), an industry consortium revolutionizing online authentication with standards for strong authentication, today announced plans for the RSA Conference USA 2014, which is taking place in San Francisco, CA from February 24-28. The FIDO Alliance will pursue new members at the RSA Conference and strive to engage the Security community at large in developing universal strong authentication. FIDO authentication equips users of online, mobile, and point-of-sale applications to access sites and services and confirm transactions with better authentication that is more secure, private, and easier-to-use than passwords and PINs. At the RSA Conference, FIDO Alliance member organizations will demonstrate FIDO Ready products based on FIDO specifications.
"We look to the RSA Conference 2014, in San Francisco, to engage new members from the Enterprise, Financial Services, and E-Commerce sectors. Along with many others, these groups are critically challenged to replace password and PIN dependencies with strong authentication," said FIDO Alliance president Michael Barrett. "The FIDO Alliance is active and available at this year's RSA Conference to brief organizations on the emerging authentication capability that offers Relying Parties and their users authentication that is simultaneously more secure, private, and easier to use."
The FIDO Ready Showcase on Wednesday afternoon, 1-5 pm, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110 will feature two FIDO Alliance member panels, FIDO Ready product demonstrations, and a chance to meet and interact in one-to-one meetings with many FIDO Alliance members. All RSA attendees are welcome to come and learn more about FIDO specifications, FIDO Ready products, and how to engage with the FIDO Alliance to start using FIDO specifications for universal strong authentication.
Meet the FIDO Alliance at RSA Conference 2014
- Monday, February 24, 9:15 am at the Westin Hotel, FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs' CEO Phillip Dunkelberger will be presenting at AGC's Security Conference.
- Tuesday, February 25, 2:40 pm - RSA panel "Are Mobile Devices the Answer to the Strong Authentication Problem?" features FIDO Alliance Board members: Michael Barrett, president, the FIDO Alliance; Phillip Dunkelberger, CEO, Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; Brett McDowell, Head of Ecosystem Security, PayPal; and Nils Puhlmann, Founder, Cloud Security Alliance with moderator Al Pascual, Senior Analyst, Javelin Strategy & Research.
- Wednesday, February 26, 8:00 a.m. - RSA panel "The Future of Authentication: Different Approaches to the Same Goal." Distinguished Forrester analyst Eve Maler will moderate the panel with FIDO Alliance members: president Michael Barrett, VP Brett McDowell, and Mayank Upadhyay of Google, who will be joined by Bob Blakely of Citigroup.
- Wednesday, February 26 at 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. Moscone North, Room 110, the FIDO Alliance FIDO Ready Showcase will feature two member panels discussing the importance of the FIDO Alliance and how organizations can start using FIDO specifications now.
- FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs is hosting a networking drinks reception at Bluestem Brasserie, on Monday, February 24 5-8 pm. Registration is required; details can be found at https://noknok2014.eventbrite.com.
- RSA attendees with badges are invited to attend the FIDO Alliance co-hosted event, Non-Profits on the Loose on Tuesday, February 25, Minna Gallery, 5-9 p.m.
- The FIDO Ready Showcase will feature a FIDO Alliance member panel, FIDO Ready live product demonstrations, and a chance to meet and interact in one-to-one meetings. Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m.
- FIDO Alliance founding board member Nok Nok Labs is hosting a meeting suite at the Palomar hotel to showcase demonstrations of its FIDO Ready range of client and server solutions. For more information and to schedule a briefing, please contact [email protected].
FIDO Alliance Members Demonstrating FIDO Ready Products at RSA Conference 2014
RSA attendees can experience FIDO Ready products in action at the FIDO Ready Showcase on Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m., and other RSA booths and conference locations, as noted. FIDO Ready products and services from AGNITiO, GO-Trust, Infineon Technologies, Nok Nok Labs, NXP Semiconductors, and Yubico will be on display at the RSA Conference 2014.
FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that are based on FIDO specifications. These solutions have undergone an interoperability testing process against FIDO specifications. RSA demonstrations of FIDO Ready products will illustrate the clear value interoperable, more secure, private, and easier-to-use authentication devices and solutions can deliver to organizations and their constituents.
Organizations are increasingly challenged to manage user bases of personal information and passwords. While their users are repeatedly frustrated trying to remember and manage multiple passwords to access sites and services and confirm actions they take every day. FIDO innovations address a key pain point for Enterprise, Financial Services, eCommerce, and many categories of Relying Parties, by reducing the clear risk that comes with having to manage users' passwords across the current threat landscape. FIDO authentication enables existing and new authentication products and services to deliver better authentication that overcomes the prevailing reliance on passwords and PINs.
Specifications for FIDO authentication outline a model with a core focus on privacy -- all biometric and/or personally identifiable information (PII) stays local on the user's device and is not shared to the cloud or over the network.
- AGNITiO "Voice iD" protects a user from device to call center, by identifying their unique, natural spoken voice. AGNITiO will demonstrate Voice iD as a simple, universal way to replace passwords and PINs when authenticating smartphones, laptops and applications, and securing digital transactions. See Voice iD in multifactor demonstrations at the FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m.
- GO-Trust FIDO microSD supports FIDO login and includes 8GB memory capacity for user storage. FIDO microSD will work with 99 percent of existing laptops and personal computers and the one billion Android devices in the marketplace, making devices FIDO Ready. For enterprises and end users, microSD will soon be available at popular online merchants like eBay and Amazon. Demos of GO-Trust FIDO microSD can be seen at the FIDO Ready Showcase and on the RSA floor at the Infineon area of the IT Security Association Germany, "German Pavilion," TeleTrusT booth # 3421, North Exhibition Hall.
- Nok Nok Labs will be demonstrating the NNL Multifactor Authentication Server (MFAS), the only server solution currently certified as FIDO Ready for both the UAF and U2F protocols. The demo will show Android and Desktop clients authenticating with a range of different biometric and non-biometric use cases. FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m and the Nok Nok Labs meeting suite.
- Yubico will demonstrate the FIDO U2F protocol in YubiKey NEO. YubiKey NEO enables secure single key log in from a mobile device or computer, to any number of online services, with a simple touch and with no client software needed. The product is an extension of the YubiKey invention, used by millions of users in 120 countries. FIDO Ready Showcase Wednesday, February 26, Moscone North, Room 110, 1-5 p.m., and NXP booth# 1341.
Industry-driven FIDO specifications will support a full range of authentication technologies, including biometrics such as fingerprint and iris scanners, voice and facial recognition. FIDO specifications will enable existing solutions and communications standards, such as Trusted Platform Modules (TPM), USB Security Tokens, embedded Secure Elements (eSE), Smart Cards, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and Near Field Communication (NFC). FIDO specifications are being designed to be extensible and to accommodate future innovation, as well as protect existing investments. FIDO specifications allow the interaction of technologies within an interoperable infrastructure, enabling authentication choice to meet the distinct needs of users and organizations.
About The FIDO Alliance
The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, www.fidoalliance.org, was formed in July 2012 to address the lack of interoperability among strong authentication technologies, and remedy the problems users face with creating and remembering multiple usernames and passwords. The Alliance plans to change the nature of authentication by developing standards-based specifications for simpler, stronger authentication that define an open, scalable, interoperable set of mechanisms that reduce reliance on passwords. FIDO authentication is stronger, private, and easier to use when authenticating to online services.
The FIDO Alliance Board of Directors includes leading global organizations: Blackberry®; CrucialTec (KRX: 114120); Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS); Google; Lenovo; MasterCard (NYSE: MA); Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT); Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI); Oberthur Technologies OT; PayPal (NASDAQ: EBAY); RSA®; Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA); Yubico.
for FIDO Alliance
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,767
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,525
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 28, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,389
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,040
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, explained how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Jul. 28, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,099
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Jul. 28, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 820
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,613
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,231
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,013
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,153
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,407
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 27, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,406
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 27, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,665
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,004
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yoseph Reuveni, Director of Software Engineering at Jet.com, will discuss Jet.com's journey into containerizing Microsoft-based technologies like C# and F# into Docker. He will talk about lessons learned and challenges faced, the Mono framework tryout and how they deployed everything into Azure cloud. Yoseph Reuveni is a technology leader with unique experience developing and running high throughput (over 1M tps) distributed systems with extre...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,173