|By PR Newswire||
|February 21, 2014 09:07 AM EST||
TAMPA, Fla., Feb. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Amscot Financial, a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, recently gave mini-grants to 17 non-profit service organizations in the Florida communities it serves. Mini-grants went to:
- Orlando Union Rescue Mission, Orlando. The Orlando Union Rescue Mission is one of Central Florida's oldest and largest homeless service providers. It offers food, clothing, shelter, education and other resources to help homeless families achieve self sufficiency. For more information, please visit http://www.ourm.org.
- Tiny Hands Foundation, Sarasota. The Tiny Hands Foundation helps children whose families live below the poverty line in Sarasota and Manatee counties. The foundation plans a new initiative in August called "Backpack Brigade," with a goal of filling 1,000 backpacks with school supplies for young students. For more information, please visit: www.tinyhandsfoundation.org
- Suncoast Haven of Rest Rescue Mission, St. Petersburg. The mission operates a food basket program for disadvantaged individuals and families and provides each family it helps with enough food for one week. For more information, please visit: www.havenofrest.com
- Bayonet Point Middle School, New Port Richey. The school is scheduling a trip to Kennedy Space Center for 210 eighth graders and is raising money to reduce the student cost to $25. For more information, please visit: http://bpms.pasco.k12.fl.us.
- Centurion Battalion, Winter Park. The Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) is for American youth ages 11-17 who have a desire to learn about the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and Merchant Marine. Sea Cadets are authorized by the Secretary of the Navy to wear Navy uniforms appropriately marked with the Sea Cadet Corps insignia. The Centurion Battalion is located in Central Florida and cadets come from Orange, Seminole, Lake, and Volusia counties. The organization has a growing need for uniforms and other essentials. For more information, please visit: www.centurionbattalion.org.
- Merci Outreach Ministries, Inc., Brandon. Merci Outreach Ministries (MOM) is committed to improving the quality of life for individuals and families living in distressed situations. For more information, please visit: http://merci1.org.
- Dressing Angels, Wesley Chapel. Dressing Angels is a charity that provides clothes and shoes to individuals who are mentally ill or in financial need. For more information, please visit: www.dressingangels.org.
- Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Tampa. The foundation is raising money so that children with cancer will be able to participate in the Johnny Ferlita Memorial Fishing Tournament, scheduled for May 2-3 in Tampa. For more information, please visit: http://fastercure.org.
- Multi-Ethnic Youth Group Association, Miami. This non-profit offers multiple programs for youth in Dade County, including a shelter for at-risk youth aged 14 to 17 years old. For more information, please visit www.meyga.org.
- Sunrise of Pasco, Inc, Dade City. Sunrise of Pasco provides shelter that protects women and children in crisis. For more information, please visit: http://sunrisepasco.org.
- New Directions Community Outreach, Casselberry. The mission of this organization is to prevent and reduce the growing rate of homelessness in Central Florida by equipping individuals and families with the proper tools to become self-sufficient. For more information, please visit http://ndcoseminole.org
- Little Smiles, Inc. Hollywood. Little Smiles is a non-profit organization that works with children who are undergoing life-saving medical treatment. The group works side by side with local nurses, childlife staff, and medical personnel to determine the immediate needs for each child and family. For more information, please visit: www.littlesmiles.org.
- Genesis House, Inc. Melbourne. Genesis House provides transitional shelter for homeless women and their children, long-term housing for student mothers with children and shelter for homeless pregnant women. The organization is committed to providing a safe, supportive, caring environment. Education, self-discipline, self-reliance, and independence from the welfare system are promoted. For more information, please visit: www.genesishouse-shelter.org
- Dress for Success, Tampa. The mission of Dress for Success Tampa is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help them thrive in work and in life. The group encourages women to embrace fitness as a lifestyle. For more information, please visit: www.dressforsuccess.org/tampabay.
- Therapy Wish, Orlando. The mission of this non-profit group is to raise funds to decrease the cost of therapy services for individuals who are developmentally disabled. Services include occupational, physical and speech-language therapy.
- Orange County Library System, Children's Division, Orlando. This summer, the Orange County Library System will host its Summer Reading program June 7 to Aug. 9. This is the largest free summer enrichment program available to Orange County students. For more information, please visit: www.ocls.info.
- Hernando Chamber Education & Training, Brooksville. The Chamber Education & Training program helps develop Hernando County's workforce through local educational initiatives, student recognition, the Hernando Youth Initiative and an annual Summit for Youth. For more information, please visit www.hernandochamber.com.
About Amscot Financial
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Amscot Financial is a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, including check cashing, bill payment, money transfers, cash advances, prepaid cards and money orders through its wholly owned division, Amscot International Money Order Company. Amscot Financial currently operates 230 retail financial service centers throughout Florida and employs more than 1,600 employees. Amscot Financial has been recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay's Best Places to Work for five years. For additional information, please visit the company's website at www.amscot.com.
SOURCE Amscot Financial
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 23, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,623
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,934
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,742
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Aug. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,725
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,376
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,614
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Aug. 23, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,223
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,779
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 23, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 261
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,872
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 23, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,756
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 23, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 341
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,474
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 343
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 342