|By PR Newswire||
|February 21, 2014 09:07 AM EST||
TAMPA, Fla., Feb. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Amscot Financial, a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, recently gave mini-grants to 17 non-profit service organizations in the Florida communities it serves. Mini-grants went to:
- Orlando Union Rescue Mission, Orlando. The Orlando Union Rescue Mission is one of Central Florida's oldest and largest homeless service providers. It offers food, clothing, shelter, education and other resources to help homeless families achieve self sufficiency. For more information, please visit http://www.ourm.org.
- Tiny Hands Foundation, Sarasota. The Tiny Hands Foundation helps children whose families live below the poverty line in Sarasota and Manatee counties. The foundation plans a new initiative in August called "Backpack Brigade," with a goal of filling 1,000 backpacks with school supplies for young students. For more information, please visit: www.tinyhandsfoundation.org
- Suncoast Haven of Rest Rescue Mission, St. Petersburg. The mission operates a food basket program for disadvantaged individuals and families and provides each family it helps with enough food for one week. For more information, please visit: www.havenofrest.com
- Bayonet Point Middle School, New Port Richey. The school is scheduling a trip to Kennedy Space Center for 210 eighth graders and is raising money to reduce the student cost to $25. For more information, please visit: http://bpms.pasco.k12.fl.us.
- Centurion Battalion, Winter Park. The Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) is for American youth ages 11-17 who have a desire to learn about the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and Merchant Marine. Sea Cadets are authorized by the Secretary of the Navy to wear Navy uniforms appropriately marked with the Sea Cadet Corps insignia. The Centurion Battalion is located in Central Florida and cadets come from Orange, Seminole, Lake, and Volusia counties. The organization has a growing need for uniforms and other essentials. For more information, please visit: www.centurionbattalion.org.
- Merci Outreach Ministries, Inc., Brandon. Merci Outreach Ministries (MOM) is committed to improving the quality of life for individuals and families living in distressed situations. For more information, please visit: http://merci1.org.
- Dressing Angels, Wesley Chapel. Dressing Angels is a charity that provides clothes and shoes to individuals who are mentally ill or in financial need. For more information, please visit: www.dressingangels.org.
- Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Tampa. The foundation is raising money so that children with cancer will be able to participate in the Johnny Ferlita Memorial Fishing Tournament, scheduled for May 2-3 in Tampa. For more information, please visit: http://fastercure.org.
- Multi-Ethnic Youth Group Association, Miami. This non-profit offers multiple programs for youth in Dade County, including a shelter for at-risk youth aged 14 to 17 years old. For more information, please visit www.meyga.org.
- Sunrise of Pasco, Inc, Dade City. Sunrise of Pasco provides shelter that protects women and children in crisis. For more information, please visit: http://sunrisepasco.org.
- New Directions Community Outreach, Casselberry. The mission of this organization is to prevent and reduce the growing rate of homelessness in Central Florida by equipping individuals and families with the proper tools to become self-sufficient. For more information, please visit http://ndcoseminole.org
- Little Smiles, Inc. Hollywood. Little Smiles is a non-profit organization that works with children who are undergoing life-saving medical treatment. The group works side by side with local nurses, childlife staff, and medical personnel to determine the immediate needs for each child and family. For more information, please visit: www.littlesmiles.org.
- Genesis House, Inc. Melbourne. Genesis House provides transitional shelter for homeless women and their children, long-term housing for student mothers with children and shelter for homeless pregnant women. The organization is committed to providing a safe, supportive, caring environment. Education, self-discipline, self-reliance, and independence from the welfare system are promoted. For more information, please visit: www.genesishouse-shelter.org
- Dress for Success, Tampa. The mission of Dress for Success Tampa is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help them thrive in work and in life. The group encourages women to embrace fitness as a lifestyle. For more information, please visit: www.dressforsuccess.org/tampabay.
- Therapy Wish, Orlando. The mission of this non-profit group is to raise funds to decrease the cost of therapy services for individuals who are developmentally disabled. Services include occupational, physical and speech-language therapy.
- Orange County Library System, Children's Division, Orlando. This summer, the Orange County Library System will host its Summer Reading program June 7 to Aug. 9. This is the largest free summer enrichment program available to Orange County students. For more information, please visit: www.ocls.info.
- Hernando Chamber Education & Training, Brooksville. The Chamber Education & Training program helps develop Hernando County's workforce through local educational initiatives, student recognition, the Hernando Youth Initiative and an annual Summit for Youth. For more information, please visit www.hernandochamber.com.
About Amscot Financial
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Amscot Financial is a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, including check cashing, bill payment, money transfers, cash advances, prepaid cards and money orders through its wholly owned division, Amscot International Money Order Company. Amscot Financial currently operates 230 retail financial service centers throughout Florida and employs more than 1,600 employees. Amscot Financial has been recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay's Best Places to Work for five years. For additional information, please visit the company's website at www.amscot.com.
SOURCE Amscot Financial
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,857
Sep. 28, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,736
Sep. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,917
Sep. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,284
Sep. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,411
Sep. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,741
Sep. 28, 2016 01:57 PM EDT Reads: 186
Sep. 28, 2016 01:23 PM EDT Reads: 214
Sep. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 152
Sep. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,104
Sep. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,546
Sep. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,113
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,046
Sep. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,098
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Sep. 28, 2016 12:20 PM EDT Reads: 195