|By PR Newswire||
|February 21, 2014 09:07 AM EST||
TAMPA, Fla., Feb. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Amscot Financial, a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, recently gave mini-grants to 17 non-profit service organizations in the Florida communities it serves. Mini-grants went to:
- Orlando Union Rescue Mission, Orlando. The Orlando Union Rescue Mission is one of Central Florida's oldest and largest homeless service providers. It offers food, clothing, shelter, education and other resources to help homeless families achieve self sufficiency. For more information, please visit http://www.ourm.org.
- Tiny Hands Foundation, Sarasota. The Tiny Hands Foundation helps children whose families live below the poverty line in Sarasota and Manatee counties. The foundation plans a new initiative in August called "Backpack Brigade," with a goal of filling 1,000 backpacks with school supplies for young students. For more information, please visit: www.tinyhandsfoundation.org
- Suncoast Haven of Rest Rescue Mission, St. Petersburg. The mission operates a food basket program for disadvantaged individuals and families and provides each family it helps with enough food for one week. For more information, please visit: www.havenofrest.com
- Bayonet Point Middle School, New Port Richey. The school is scheduling a trip to Kennedy Space Center for 210 eighth graders and is raising money to reduce the student cost to $25. For more information, please visit: http://bpms.pasco.k12.fl.us.
- Centurion Battalion, Winter Park. The Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) is for American youth ages 11-17 who have a desire to learn about the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and Merchant Marine. Sea Cadets are authorized by the Secretary of the Navy to wear Navy uniforms appropriately marked with the Sea Cadet Corps insignia. The Centurion Battalion is located in Central Florida and cadets come from Orange, Seminole, Lake, and Volusia counties. The organization has a growing need for uniforms and other essentials. For more information, please visit: www.centurionbattalion.org.
- Merci Outreach Ministries, Inc., Brandon. Merci Outreach Ministries (MOM) is committed to improving the quality of life for individuals and families living in distressed situations. For more information, please visit: http://merci1.org.
- Dressing Angels, Wesley Chapel. Dressing Angels is a charity that provides clothes and shoes to individuals who are mentally ill or in financial need. For more information, please visit: www.dressingangels.org.
- Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Tampa. The foundation is raising money so that children with cancer will be able to participate in the Johnny Ferlita Memorial Fishing Tournament, scheduled for May 2-3 in Tampa. For more information, please visit: http://fastercure.org.
- Multi-Ethnic Youth Group Association, Miami. This non-profit offers multiple programs for youth in Dade County, including a shelter for at-risk youth aged 14 to 17 years old. For more information, please visit www.meyga.org.
- Sunrise of Pasco, Inc, Dade City. Sunrise of Pasco provides shelter that protects women and children in crisis. For more information, please visit: http://sunrisepasco.org.
- New Directions Community Outreach, Casselberry. The mission of this organization is to prevent and reduce the growing rate of homelessness in Central Florida by equipping individuals and families with the proper tools to become self-sufficient. For more information, please visit http://ndcoseminole.org
- Little Smiles, Inc. Hollywood. Little Smiles is a non-profit organization that works with children who are undergoing life-saving medical treatment. The group works side by side with local nurses, childlife staff, and medical personnel to determine the immediate needs for each child and family. For more information, please visit: www.littlesmiles.org.
- Genesis House, Inc. Melbourne. Genesis House provides transitional shelter for homeless women and their children, long-term housing for student mothers with children and shelter for homeless pregnant women. The organization is committed to providing a safe, supportive, caring environment. Education, self-discipline, self-reliance, and independence from the welfare system are promoted. For more information, please visit: www.genesishouse-shelter.org
- Dress for Success, Tampa. The mission of Dress for Success Tampa is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help them thrive in work and in life. The group encourages women to embrace fitness as a lifestyle. For more information, please visit: www.dressforsuccess.org/tampabay.
- Therapy Wish, Orlando. The mission of this non-profit group is to raise funds to decrease the cost of therapy services for individuals who are developmentally disabled. Services include occupational, physical and speech-language therapy.
- Orange County Library System, Children's Division, Orlando. This summer, the Orange County Library System will host its Summer Reading program June 7 to Aug. 9. This is the largest free summer enrichment program available to Orange County students. For more information, please visit: www.ocls.info.
- Hernando Chamber Education & Training, Brooksville. The Chamber Education & Training program helps develop Hernando County's workforce through local educational initiatives, student recognition, the Hernando Youth Initiative and an annual Summit for Youth. For more information, please visit www.hernandochamber.com.
About Amscot Financial
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Amscot Financial is a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, including check cashing, bill payment, money transfers, cash advances, prepaid cards and money orders through its wholly owned division, Amscot International Money Order Company. Amscot Financial currently operates 230 retail financial service centers throughout Florida and employs more than 1,600 employees. Amscot Financial has been recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay's Best Places to Work for five years. For additional information, please visit the company's website at www.amscot.com.
SOURCE Amscot Financial
When you focus on a journey from up-close, you look at your own technical and cultural history and how you changed it for the benefit of the customer. This was our starting point: too many integration issues, 13 SWP days and very long cycles. It was evident that in this fast-paced industry we could no longer afford this reality. We needed something that would take us beyond reducing the development lifecycles, CI and Agile methodologies. We made a fundamental difference, even changed our culture...
Jan. 16, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 429
The proper isolation of resources is essential for multi-tenant environments. The traditional approach to isolate resources is, however, rather heavyweight. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Igor Drobiazko, co-founder of elastic.io, drew upon his own experience with operating a Docker container-based infrastructure on a large scale and present a lightweight solution for resource isolation using microservices. He also discussed the implementation of microservices in data and application integrat...
Jan. 16, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,480
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 16, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 336
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 16, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 3,988
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 4,815
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 320
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,544
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 16, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 5,258
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,589
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,305
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,025
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Jan. 16, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 3,635
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 5,006
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,353
A look across the tech landscape at the disruptive technologies that are increasing in prominence and speculate as to which will be most impactful for communications – namely, AI and Cloud Computing. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Curtis Peterson, VP of Operations at RingCentral, will highlight the current challenges of these transformative technologies and share strategies for preparing your organization for these changes. This “view from the top” will outline the latest trends and developm...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 835