|By PR Newswire||
|February 21, 2014 09:15 AM EST||
BOSTON, Feb. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Invest in Others Charitable Foundation, a public charity that supports the philanthropic and volunteer efforts of financial advisors in their local communities, today announced the opening of the nominations process for its Community Leadership Awards. Undertaken in partnership with Investment News, the Community Leadership Awards (CLA) program has honored excellence in outstanding philanthropic efforts of over 105 financial advisors since 2007 and awarded over $1 million for their charitable activities since its inception.
Bill Dwyer, Chairman of the Board of the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation, said, "We are delighted to kick off the nominations process for this year's CLA program, which has become one of the financial services industry's most widely recognized set of honors for philanthropic excellence among financial advisors. There is no question that financial advisors are an integral part of the communities they serve across the country, and we are excited to spotlight the outstanding philanthropic efforts of these financial advisors."
This year's nominations process first launched on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 and will end on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 (no late entries will be accepted). Financial advisors from all channels can be nominated by any other party for this award, or can choose to self-nominate as well. The Community Leadership Awards are granted in the following categories:
- Catalyst Grant Award – Presented to a financial advisor who has been an active stimulus for positive change and has displayed entrepreneurial vision and leadership in his or her organization, for at least two years. This may have been demonstrated by rejuvenating their organization from failing to thriving, by working to create a new community program from the ground up, or by helping to launch a new nonprofit organization.
- Community Service Award – Presented to an advisor who has made managerial contributions to a local, non- profit organization - as a fundraiser, organizer, board member, or other executive position - over a period of at least five years, has made an outstanding contribution to the community, and has served "with distinction."
- Global Community Impact Award – Presented to an advisor who has been actively serving for at least two years as a volunteer with a charity whose primary mission is to help those who live outside the United States, and whose efforts have made a lasting impact on a community outside the U.S.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Presented to an advisor who has an established history of distinguished service, has made a profound contribution to his or her organization, has exhibited leadership and provided inspiration, and gained recognition and respect from peers and the community over a period of a decade or more, helping the organization evolve and creating a lasting impact on the future of the organization.
- Volunteer of the Year Award – Presented to an advisor who has been actively serving as a volunteer at one or more local non-profit organizations for at least two years and has made a contribution considered to have a "lasting impact" in his or her community.
Three finalists and one winner are chosen in each category. Finalists will receive $5,000, winners will receive $20,000, and the Lifetime Achievement Award winner will receive $25,000 to donate to their designated charities. Finalists will be notified and announced on the Invest in Others website in early August. Winners will be announced at the Invest in Others Community Leadership Awards on September 18, 2014.
Nominees must be individuals who are currently working as financial planners (e.g., CFP®), registered representatives (e.g., Series 7), or registered investment advisors. Volunteer involvement with the non-profit organization must be current and ongoing. A current involvement is one in which the activity has taken place within the last 18 months. For more information, including how to submit nominations and further eligibility details, please visit http://investinothers.org/community-leadership-awards/nomination-faqs.html.
About The Invest In Others Charitable Foundation
Established in 2006, the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) charity founded with the mission of encouraging and supporting the philanthropic and volunteer activities of financial advisors in their local communities. The Invest in Others mission is achieved through a community-based approach to philanthropy that seeks to strengthen neighborhoods from within by empowering those who are committed to serving others in their professional and personal lives. As mentors, volunteers, fundraisers and leaders, financial advisors lend their unique skills and perspectives to the challenges and opportunities facing their neighbors. Invest in Others is proud to support and promote these efforts to better our world one community at a time. For more information, visit www.investinothers.org.
SOURCE Invest in Others Charitable Foundation
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,073
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 9,895
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,092
Mar. 28, 2017 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,877
Mar. 28, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,328
Mar. 28, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 962
Mar. 28, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,233
Mar. 28, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,357
Mar. 27, 2017 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,059
Mar. 27, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,050
Mar. 27, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,644
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 6,328
Mar. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,200
Mar. 27, 2017 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,597
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Mar. 27, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 12,932