|By JCN Newswire||
|February 21, 2014 09:06 PM EST||
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) via productive use of resources, reduces support costs and energy consumption
- myU-Scan Mobile Application further cuts transaction times and allows the shopping experience to be customized
Fujitsu now enables retailers around the world to exceed customer expectations for fast self-checkout, while improving Point of Service (PoS) economics with the introduction of the second generation of the FUJITSU U-Scan Genesis Retail Solution. The new solution increases store efficiency due to improved and highly-competitive scalability, flexibility, reliability and usability features.
Reliability, increased staff productivity, and lower costs are the top three benefits retailers expect to realize through their instore technology. Fujitsu's integrated support tool Integro maximizes reliability and speed of service support of U-Scan by fixing problems locally- eliminating time-consuming outbound support calls by staff. As well as enabling employees to focus on the needs of customers, Integro empowers staff with rich data and powerful tools that automate remote support tasks, while simultaneously providing out-of-the-box reports delivering big data for analysis and giving a complete overview of the solution.
Usability is also enhanced by the myU-Scan Mobile Application which reduces transaction time and personalizes cross-channel customer service by allowing individual customization at any U-Scan station in any store. Available for Android and iOS devices, myU-Scan delivers a unique Quick Response (QR) Barcode to customers' mobile devices. Therefore personalized identification data and pre-selected shopping and payment preferences as well as lists of favorite items are easily to hand at the checkout and available for reuse or editing.
To help mass merchandisers, do-it-yourself (DIY) stores, drugstores, convenience stores and other retailers achieve their objectives, the U-Scan Genesis II solution comprises:
- Best-in-class cash handling tools: includes an easier-to-maintain coin and note dispenser that offers higher capacity, faster and more accurate validation, lower energy consumption and remote capabilities.
- Improved ergonomics: better placement of note and receipt devices, stereo high-fidelity audio, ADA/ANSI compliant, and acclaimed engineering design in self-service.
- Barcode scanning technology choices: Honeywell's newest 2D hybrid image/scanner with integrated produce scales and security tag deactivation technology. Consumers can redeem e-coupons or access loyalty programs from a smart phone bar or QR Barcodes.
- LED brilliant blue light bars: help direct consumers with their transactions, are synchronized with the U-Scan user-interface test, and contain animations as well as audio guidance.
- Modular security technology: U-Scan Genesis carousel is available in various formats and platform versions. There are several height bag riser as well as expandability options for up to eight bags, making the modules secure and efficient to meet a broad range of requirements.
- U-Scan 5.0 software: features Windows 7 support, an enhanced mobile attendant functionality, configuration tools and automatic updates that are required for a truly flexible retail system.
Recognized internationally as a leader in a wide range of retail solutions, Fujitsu has worked with retailers across the globe for three decades, enabling a premier customer experience and creating synergy effects leading to increased sales as well as improved operational effectiveness and customer satisfaction. The self-checkout solutions, its best practices and industry performance benchmarks that have been established, make it possible for retailers to keep abreast of technological advancements in the industry and expand their market share.
David Concordel, Senior Vice President Global Retail, International Business, Fujitsu
"Self-checkout is an important part of the Point of Service mix, particularly for mass merchandisers. The U-Scan Genesis II solution enables retail establishments to stay ahead of the competition and maximize their return on investment, while exceeding customer expectations. By listening to our customers and building technology to address their needs, Fujitsu continues to expand our footprint in the industry with self-checkout solutions and services that support retailers' performance objectives and their commitment to customers."
Pricing and availability:
U-Scan Genesis II will be available to retail customers globally through Fujitsu from Summer 2014.
- Fujitsu Retail Solutions: http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/solutions/industry/retail/
- White Paper: Retailing Without Walls
- Read the Fujitsu blog: http://blog.au.fujitsu.com
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FujitsuAU
- Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu-australia-limited
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FujitsuICT
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: http://www.fujitsu.com/au/news/pr/
About Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.4 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013 For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
Source: Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu Limited Public and Investor Relations www.fujitsu.com/global/news/contacts/ +81-3-3215-5259
Copyright 2014 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
Jul. 6, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 944
Containers are revolutionizing the way we deploy and maintain our infrastructures, but monitoring and troubleshooting in a containerized environment can still be painful and impractical. Understanding even basic resource usage is difficult – let alone tracking network connections or malicious activity. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gianluca Borello, Sr. Software Engineer at Sysdig, will cover the current state of the art for container monitoring and visibility, including pros / cons and liv...
Jul. 6, 2015 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,903
Jul. 6, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 992
Jul. 6, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,889
Jul. 6, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,129
Jul. 6, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 516
Jul. 6, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,529
Jul. 6, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,734
Jul. 6, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,780
Jul. 6, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,025
Jul. 6, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 801
Jul. 6, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,778
Jul. 6, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 963
SYS-CON Events announced today that Intelligent Systems Services will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Established in 1994, Intelligent Systems Services Inc. is located near Washington, DC, with representatives and partners nationwide. ISS’s well-established track record is based on the continuous pursuit of excellence in designing, implementing and supporting nationwide clients’ ...
Jul. 6, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,075
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of pro...
Jul. 6, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,855