|By Xenia von Wedel||
|February 28, 2014 10:00 AM EST||
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Please tell us, what is CA Technologies all about and what do you do?
Tyson Whitten: We deliver IT Management and Security solutions for distributed, cloud, mobile, and mainframe platforms.
What are you showing at RSA?
Whitten: We are announcing the CA Layer 7 Mobile Access Gateway 2.1. It simplifies the process of adapting internal data, applications and security infrastructure for mobile use. The CA Layer 7 Mobile Access Gateway provides a centralized way to maintain and control security and management policies for information assets exposed via APIs while delivering a consistent level of performance for the app end user. It was the first API Gateway to provide an out-of-the box security software development kit (SDK) to speed incorporating token handling and single sign-on in mobile apps for secure authorization of users, apps and devices. New functionality includes:
- Integration of CA SiteMinder® session cookies within the Mobile SDK to extend the SiteMinder SSO credentials with native mobile apps.
- Social login to enterprise mobile apps, providing convenience for the user while maintaining security and governance.
- Mobile app security support for the Adobe PhoneGap cross-platform mobile development framework.
Who is your target audience and how do you intend to reach them? What is the biggest challenge you face right now in telling your story and winning over new clients?
Whitten: The CA Layer 7 Mobile Access Gateway is primarily used and sold to enterprise and security architects who are responsible for securely externalizing data to mobile apps through APIs. As the leading vendor in API Security & Management we've established a strong foothold within this market segment.
Given the product benefits such a broad set of mobile app constituents there's plenty of opportunity to win over new clients and grow our business. It's really the Swiss Army Knife of mobility products. Organizations purchase the Mobile Access Gateway to help them accelerate development and deliver new mobile apps to their customers, optimize app performance in high load environments and protect their apps end-to-end from the mobile client to the backend API all while meeting the user experience needs the business and user requires. The business, developers, operations and security all reap the rewards of the Mobile Access Gateway.
I'd be curious to hear any general thoughts you have on market trends...
Whitten: Organizations have opened their businesses to drive growth and operational improvements. They've done this by incorporating cloud services and mobility, by opening their business to partners and customers and by externalizing APIs to accelerate application delivery. All of this demands security, and CA believes the best way to manage and secure today's open enterprise is by focusing on identity.
Who are your competitors?
Whitten: When it comes to mobile security and our Mobile Access Gateway our competitors vary: IAM suite vendors such as IBM and Oracle, API Management competitors such as Apigee, Intel and IBM DataPower, and Identity Service providers such as Ping, SecureAuth, Okta and Centrify.
How do you differentiate from your competitors?
Whitten: Very simply we provide the most comprehensive solution no matter what type of app you need to deploy.
- Broad App Support. Whether it's browser-based, native or hybrid we deliver a solution for all use cases while our competitors solve partial elements of the mobile app problem.
- Multi-channel. CA delivers a unified access solution across Web, APIs and mobile, improving administration as well as the user's experience when moving across device channels.
- End-to-end. For native mobile apps we deliver an end-to-end solution that secures the mobile app client to the backend API. While some API vendors secure the API and some Identity Service Providers secure the app, none bring it together and secure the entire channel.
- Not Just Run but Build. The DevOps-focused enterprise is consistently attempting to accelerate mobile app release cycles while improving performance, availability and service levels. We accelerate the development cycle while improving availability and uptime, meeting the needs of DevOps focused organizations.
What is your distribution model? Where to buy your product?
Whitten: Our products are sold direct and through a robust partner ecosystem.
Current annual revenue: $4.5 billion
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud. Learn more about CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Dec. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 3,242
Dec. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,511
Dec. 4, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,985
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 906
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,896
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 563
Dec. 4, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,153
Dec. 4, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,534
Dec. 4, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 620
Dec. 4, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 759
Dec. 4, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,123
Dec. 4, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,671
Dec. 4, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 777
Dec. 4, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 378
Dec. 4, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 903