|By Marketwired .||
|February 24, 2014 02:03 AM EST||
MOUNT LAUREL, NJ and BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwired) -- 02/24/14 -- Ulticom, an industry leader in signaling solutions, announces a year of successful deployments of their Diameter Signaling Controller (DSC) and mounting market momentum.
- A leading Telecom Equipment Manufacturer (TEM) is deploying Ulticom's DSC as both a Central Router and Diameter Routing Agent (DRA, includes support for Policy Management specialized routing) in all provinces of a Top 10 Mobile Network Operator. Ulticom's feature rich routing and DRA functionality paired with highly configurable congestion management capabilities set it apart from the competition. This TEM is deploying Ulticom's DSC on high performance blade hardware (tested at rates beyond 300,000 TPS) as part of a large Evolved Packet Core (EPC) deployment. The portability, adaptability, and very high performance of Ulticom's DSC solution were key factors in the selection process.
- A Charging Solutions Provider is deploying Ulticom's DSC as a load balancing front end to a multi-server charging cluster. The Ulticom DSC's ability to perform load balancing, overload control, and intelligent transaction routing met the customer's essential requirements for fast and efficient charging system growth driven by subscriber demand for data rich services. Ulticom's Service-Oriented Routing goes beyond the typical primary-backup reliability strategy used for Diameter Signaling. Service-Oriented Routing creates pools of servers that can deliver a service acting together as a single logical entity. Ulticom's DSC transparently optimizes load distribution across the server cluster while dynamically compensating for congestion and failures within the server pool.
- A top 5 Mobile Network Operator is deploying Ulticom's DSC in support of LTE Roaming allowing subscribers to utilize LTE devices not just in their home network, but also while traveling. Deployment of this functionality has already occurred in two major national networks operated by the carrier. Ulticom's DSC offers great deployment flexibility; one network is deploying on dedicated servers, while another is deploying in virtualized computing clusters. The flexibility of Ulticom's DSC to embrace virtualization where needed or simply be deployed in a more traditional server model was key to the carrier's many operational constraints.
- Deployed in a major IPX Provider's network, Ulticom's DSC functions in both Diameter Edge Agent (DEA) and IPX Hub roles. This particular provider is focused on virtualized cloud-based service delivery models. The DEA functionality is being provided in support of multiple LTE Roaming forms, including as a cloud-based service to other MNOs. The Ulticom DSC's virtualization ready, hypervisor independent product was an ideal fit with the customer's requirements.
- A fast growing Mobile Network Operator deployed Ulticom's DSC to manage Diameter transaction growth and routing for charging. The network operator sees the DSC deployment as a first step in their strategy to incrementally adopt IMS technologies and migrate to LTE. Using Ulticom's FastPath scripting technology, this operator was able to immediately work around incompatibilities between network equipment vendors and deploy a highly customized content-based routing strategy to enable load sharing in mere days.
Learn more about the Ulticom DSC at Mobile World Congress 2014
Ulticom invites you to Barcelona to visit Stand 5I60 in Hall 5 at the Mobile World Congress to learn how you can benefit from the industry's most powerful line of Diameter Signaling software products for Centralized Routing, LTE Roaming, IPX Hubbing, 2G-3G-4G Interworking, Policy Management, Dynamic Load Sharing, Signaling Storm Control, and Service-Oriented Routing. Learn how you can flexibly deploy Ulticom DSCs in traditional servers or blades, and virtual machines according to you operational requirements and business model.
For more information, contact [email protected]
The Ulticom DSC provides Mobile Network Operators, Roaming Hub Operators, and Telecom Equipment Manufacturers with a turn-key, Linux-based software solution that can be incrementally deployed as a stand-alone system, or can be easily integrated into new or existing products.
The Ulticom DSC is suitable for deployment as a Centralized Router, a Diameter Load Balancer, a Diameter Routing Agent (DRA), a Diameter Edge Agent (DEA), or an IPX Hub. DEA and IPX Hub functionality supports LTE Roaming while DRA functionality provides advanced policy management signaling routing (IP-CAN Binding).
The Ulticom Diameter Product Family also provides the ability to interwork between Diameter and SS7 networks - enabling 2G-3G-4G integration.
Learn more at www.ulticom.com
About Ulticom, Inc.
Ulticom, a Platinum Equity Company, is a leader in high performance mission critical software products that evolve information delivery. With over 7,000 deployments worldwide, the company's flagship product, Signalware, is the premier platform for the deployment of applications and services within wireless, IP, and wireline networks.
For over 30 years, Ulticom has delivered carrier-grade solutions that are robust and reliable, all backed by the company's unmatched service and support.
Mobile Network Operators (MNO), Signaling Hub Providers (IPX, GRX), Telecom Equipment Manufacturers (TEM) and Systems Integrators (SI) trust Ulticom solutions to optimize information and application delivery with increased efficiency and security.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 26, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 468
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at Dell EMC, introduced a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organization...
Apr. 26, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 6,597
Developers want to create better apps faster. Static clouds are giving way to scalable systems, with dynamic resource allocation and application monitoring. You won't hear that chant from users on any picket line, but helping developers to create better apps faster is the mission of Lee Atchison, principal cloud architect and advocate at New Relic Inc., based in San Francisco. His singular job is to understand and drive the industry in the areas of cloud architecture, microservices, scalability ...
Apr. 26, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,448
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Apr. 26, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,002
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Apr. 26, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,443
Everyone wants to use containers, but monitoring containers is hard. New ephemeral architecture introduces new challenges in how monitoring tools need to monitor and visualize containers, so your team can make sense of everything. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, David Gildeh, co-founder and CEO of Outlyer, will go through the challenges and show there is light at the end of the tunnel if you use the right tools and understand what you need to be monitoring to successfully use containers in your...
Apr. 26, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,970
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Apr. 26, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,313
New competitors, disruptive technologies, and growing expectations are pushing every business to both adopt and deliver new digital services. This ‘Digital Transformation’ demands rapid delivery and continuous iteration of new competitive services via multiple channels, which in turn demands new service delivery techniques – including DevOps. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Co-Chair Andi Mann, panelists will examine how DevOps helps to meet th...
Apr. 26, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,312
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 26, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,002
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 630
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 25, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,313
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 25, 2017 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,342
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Apr. 25, 2017 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,185
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Apr. 25, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 673
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Apr. 25, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 7,141