|By Marketwired .||
|February 24, 2014 02:03 AM EST||
MOUNT LAUREL, NJ and BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwired) -- 02/24/14 -- Ulticom, an industry leader in signaling solutions, announces a year of successful deployments of their Diameter Signaling Controller (DSC) and mounting market momentum.
- A leading Telecom Equipment Manufacturer (TEM) is deploying Ulticom's DSC as both a Central Router and Diameter Routing Agent (DRA, includes support for Policy Management specialized routing) in all provinces of a Top 10 Mobile Network Operator. Ulticom's feature rich routing and DRA functionality paired with highly configurable congestion management capabilities set it apart from the competition. This TEM is deploying Ulticom's DSC on high performance blade hardware (tested at rates beyond 300,000 TPS) as part of a large Evolved Packet Core (EPC) deployment. The portability, adaptability, and very high performance of Ulticom's DSC solution were key factors in the selection process.
- A Charging Solutions Provider is deploying Ulticom's DSC as a load balancing front end to a multi-server charging cluster. The Ulticom DSC's ability to perform load balancing, overload control, and intelligent transaction routing met the customer's essential requirements for fast and efficient charging system growth driven by subscriber demand for data rich services. Ulticom's Service-Oriented Routing goes beyond the typical primary-backup reliability strategy used for Diameter Signaling. Service-Oriented Routing creates pools of servers that can deliver a service acting together as a single logical entity. Ulticom's DSC transparently optimizes load distribution across the server cluster while dynamically compensating for congestion and failures within the server pool.
- A top 5 Mobile Network Operator is deploying Ulticom's DSC in support of LTE Roaming allowing subscribers to utilize LTE devices not just in their home network, but also while traveling. Deployment of this functionality has already occurred in two major national networks operated by the carrier. Ulticom's DSC offers great deployment flexibility; one network is deploying on dedicated servers, while another is deploying in virtualized computing clusters. The flexibility of Ulticom's DSC to embrace virtualization where needed or simply be deployed in a more traditional server model was key to the carrier's many operational constraints.
- Deployed in a major IPX Provider's network, Ulticom's DSC functions in both Diameter Edge Agent (DEA) and IPX Hub roles. This particular provider is focused on virtualized cloud-based service delivery models. The DEA functionality is being provided in support of multiple LTE Roaming forms, including as a cloud-based service to other MNOs. The Ulticom DSC's virtualization ready, hypervisor independent product was an ideal fit with the customer's requirements.
- A fast growing Mobile Network Operator deployed Ulticom's DSC to manage Diameter transaction growth and routing for charging. The network operator sees the DSC deployment as a first step in their strategy to incrementally adopt IMS technologies and migrate to LTE. Using Ulticom's FastPath scripting technology, this operator was able to immediately work around incompatibilities between network equipment vendors and deploy a highly customized content-based routing strategy to enable load sharing in mere days.
Learn more about the Ulticom DSC at Mobile World Congress 2014
Ulticom invites you to Barcelona to visit Stand 5I60 in Hall 5 at the Mobile World Congress to learn how you can benefit from the industry's most powerful line of Diameter Signaling software products for Centralized Routing, LTE Roaming, IPX Hubbing, 2G-3G-4G Interworking, Policy Management, Dynamic Load Sharing, Signaling Storm Control, and Service-Oriented Routing. Learn how you can flexibly deploy Ulticom DSCs in traditional servers or blades, and virtual machines according to you operational requirements and business model.
For more information, contact [email protected]
The Ulticom DSC provides Mobile Network Operators, Roaming Hub Operators, and Telecom Equipment Manufacturers with a turn-key, Linux-based software solution that can be incrementally deployed as a stand-alone system, or can be easily integrated into new or existing products.
The Ulticom DSC is suitable for deployment as a Centralized Router, a Diameter Load Balancer, a Diameter Routing Agent (DRA), a Diameter Edge Agent (DEA), or an IPX Hub. DEA and IPX Hub functionality supports LTE Roaming while DRA functionality provides advanced policy management signaling routing (IP-CAN Binding).
The Ulticom Diameter Product Family also provides the ability to interwork between Diameter and SS7 networks - enabling 2G-3G-4G integration.
Learn more at www.ulticom.com
About Ulticom, Inc.
Ulticom, a Platinum Equity Company, is a leader in high performance mission critical software products that evolve information delivery. With over 7,000 deployments worldwide, the company's flagship product, Signalware, is the premier platform for the deployment of applications and services within wireless, IP, and wireline networks.
For over 30 years, Ulticom has delivered carrier-grade solutions that are robust and reliable, all backed by the company's unmatched service and support.
Mobile Network Operators (MNO), Signaling Hub Providers (IPX, GRX), Telecom Equipment Manufacturers (TEM) and Systems Integrators (SI) trust Ulticom solutions to optimize information and application delivery with increased efficiency and security.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Dec. 7, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 430
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Dec. 7, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,869
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Dec. 7, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,647
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,096
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 925
"We are a custom software development, engineering firm. We specialize in cloud applications from helping customers that have on-premise applications migrating to the cloud, to helping customers design brand new apps in the cloud. And we specialize in mobile apps," explained Peter Di Stefano, Vice President of Marketing at Impiger Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 316
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 246
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,742
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 7, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,916
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,674
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 783
President Obama recently announced the launch of a new national awareness campaign to "encourage more Americans to move beyond passwords – adding an extra layer of security like a fingerprint or codes sent to your cellphone." The shift from single passwords to multi-factor authentication couldn’t be timelier or more strategic. This session will focus on why passwords alone are no longer effective, and why the time to act is now. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Chris Webber, security strateg...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 339
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 345
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU's GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes. In...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,277
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, provideed economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session also included a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Dec. 7, 2016 03:48 PM EST Reads: 264