|By Marketwired .||
|February 24, 2014 02:03 AM EST||
MOUNT LAUREL, NJ and BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwired) -- 02/24/14 -- Ulticom, an industry leader in signaling solutions, announces a year of successful deployments of their Diameter Signaling Controller (DSC) and mounting market momentum.
- A leading Telecom Equipment Manufacturer (TEM) is deploying Ulticom's DSC as both a Central Router and Diameter Routing Agent (DRA, includes support for Policy Management specialized routing) in all provinces of a Top 10 Mobile Network Operator. Ulticom's feature rich routing and DRA functionality paired with highly configurable congestion management capabilities set it apart from the competition. This TEM is deploying Ulticom's DSC on high performance blade hardware (tested at rates beyond 300,000 TPS) as part of a large Evolved Packet Core (EPC) deployment. The portability, adaptability, and very high performance of Ulticom's DSC solution were key factors in the selection process.
- A Charging Solutions Provider is deploying Ulticom's DSC as a load balancing front end to a multi-server charging cluster. The Ulticom DSC's ability to perform load balancing, overload control, and intelligent transaction routing met the customer's essential requirements for fast and efficient charging system growth driven by subscriber demand for data rich services. Ulticom's Service-Oriented Routing goes beyond the typical primary-backup reliability strategy used for Diameter Signaling. Service-Oriented Routing creates pools of servers that can deliver a service acting together as a single logical entity. Ulticom's DSC transparently optimizes load distribution across the server cluster while dynamically compensating for congestion and failures within the server pool.
- A top 5 Mobile Network Operator is deploying Ulticom's DSC in support of LTE Roaming allowing subscribers to utilize LTE devices not just in their home network, but also while traveling. Deployment of this functionality has already occurred in two major national networks operated by the carrier. Ulticom's DSC offers great deployment flexibility; one network is deploying on dedicated servers, while another is deploying in virtualized computing clusters. The flexibility of Ulticom's DSC to embrace virtualization where needed or simply be deployed in a more traditional server model was key to the carrier's many operational constraints.
- Deployed in a major IPX Provider's network, Ulticom's DSC functions in both Diameter Edge Agent (DEA) and IPX Hub roles. This particular provider is focused on virtualized cloud-based service delivery models. The DEA functionality is being provided in support of multiple LTE Roaming forms, including as a cloud-based service to other MNOs. The Ulticom DSC's virtualization ready, hypervisor independent product was an ideal fit with the customer's requirements.
- A fast growing Mobile Network Operator deployed Ulticom's DSC to manage Diameter transaction growth and routing for charging. The network operator sees the DSC deployment as a first step in their strategy to incrementally adopt IMS technologies and migrate to LTE. Using Ulticom's FastPath scripting technology, this operator was able to immediately work around incompatibilities between network equipment vendors and deploy a highly customized content-based routing strategy to enable load sharing in mere days.
Learn more about the Ulticom DSC at Mobile World Congress 2014
Ulticom invites you to Barcelona to visit Stand 5I60 in Hall 5 at the Mobile World Congress to learn how you can benefit from the industry's most powerful line of Diameter Signaling software products for Centralized Routing, LTE Roaming, IPX Hubbing, 2G-3G-4G Interworking, Policy Management, Dynamic Load Sharing, Signaling Storm Control, and Service-Oriented Routing. Learn how you can flexibly deploy Ulticom DSCs in traditional servers or blades, and virtual machines according to you operational requirements and business model.
For more information, contact [email protected]
The Ulticom DSC provides Mobile Network Operators, Roaming Hub Operators, and Telecom Equipment Manufacturers with a turn-key, Linux-based software solution that can be incrementally deployed as a stand-alone system, or can be easily integrated into new or existing products.
The Ulticom DSC is suitable for deployment as a Centralized Router, a Diameter Load Balancer, a Diameter Routing Agent (DRA), a Diameter Edge Agent (DEA), or an IPX Hub. DEA and IPX Hub functionality supports LTE Roaming while DRA functionality provides advanced policy management signaling routing (IP-CAN Binding).
The Ulticom Diameter Product Family also provides the ability to interwork between Diameter and SS7 networks - enabling 2G-3G-4G integration.
Learn more at www.ulticom.com
About Ulticom, Inc.
Ulticom, a Platinum Equity Company, is a leader in high performance mission critical software products that evolve information delivery. With over 7,000 deployments worldwide, the company's flagship product, Signalware, is the premier platform for the deployment of applications and services within wireless, IP, and wireline networks.
For over 30 years, Ulticom has delivered carrier-grade solutions that are robust and reliable, all backed by the company's unmatched service and support.
Mobile Network Operators (MNO), Signaling Hub Providers (IPX, GRX), Telecom Equipment Manufacturers (TEM) and Systems Integrators (SI) trust Ulticom solutions to optimize information and application delivery with increased efficiency and security.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Oct. 21, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,320
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 21, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 859
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cemware will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Use MATLAB functions by just visiting website mathfreeon.com. MATLAB compatible, freely usable, online platform services. As of October 2016, 80,000 users from 180 countries are enjoying our platform service.
Oct. 21, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 668
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 21, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,037
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 909
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:50 AM EDT Reads: 182
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,634
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,219
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 529
Governments around the world are adopting Safe Harbor privacy provisions to protect customer data from leaving sovereign territories. Increasingly, global companies are required to create new instances of their server clusters in multiple countries to keep abreast of these new Safe Harbor laws. Is it worth it? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director of Anexia, Inc., will discuss how to keep your data legal and still stay in business.
Oct. 21, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,370
Successful transition from traditional IT to cloud computing requires three key ingredients: an IT architecture that allows companies to extend their internal best practices to the cloud, a cost point that allows economies of scale, and automated processes that manage risk exposure and maintain regulatory compliance with industry regulations (FFIEC, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FISMA). The unique combination of VMware, the IBM Cloud, and Cloud Raxak, a 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor in IT Automation, provides a co...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,124
Today every business relies on software to drive the innovation necessary for a competitive edge in the Application Economy. This is why collaboration between development and operations, or DevOps, has become IT’s number one priority. Whether you are in Dev or Ops, understanding how to implement a DevOps strategy can deliver faster development cycles, improved software quality, reduced deployment times and overall better experiences for your customers.
Oct. 21, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 430
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 249
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 11,119
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,367