|By Marketwired .||
|February 24, 2014 02:03 AM EST||
MOUNT LAUREL, NJ and BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwired) -- 02/24/14 -- Ulticom, an industry leader in signaling solutions, announces a year of successful deployments of their Diameter Signaling Controller (DSC) and mounting market momentum.
- A leading Telecom Equipment Manufacturer (TEM) is deploying Ulticom's DSC as both a Central Router and Diameter Routing Agent (DRA, includes support for Policy Management specialized routing) in all provinces of a Top 10 Mobile Network Operator. Ulticom's feature rich routing and DRA functionality paired with highly configurable congestion management capabilities set it apart from the competition. This TEM is deploying Ulticom's DSC on high performance blade hardware (tested at rates beyond 300,000 TPS) as part of a large Evolved Packet Core (EPC) deployment. The portability, adaptability, and very high performance of Ulticom's DSC solution were key factors in the selection process.
- A Charging Solutions Provider is deploying Ulticom's DSC as a load balancing front end to a multi-server charging cluster. The Ulticom DSC's ability to perform load balancing, overload control, and intelligent transaction routing met the customer's essential requirements for fast and efficient charging system growth driven by subscriber demand for data rich services. Ulticom's Service-Oriented Routing goes beyond the typical primary-backup reliability strategy used for Diameter Signaling. Service-Oriented Routing creates pools of servers that can deliver a service acting together as a single logical entity. Ulticom's DSC transparently optimizes load distribution across the server cluster while dynamically compensating for congestion and failures within the server pool.
- A top 5 Mobile Network Operator is deploying Ulticom's DSC in support of LTE Roaming allowing subscribers to utilize LTE devices not just in their home network, but also while traveling. Deployment of this functionality has already occurred in two major national networks operated by the carrier. Ulticom's DSC offers great deployment flexibility; one network is deploying on dedicated servers, while another is deploying in virtualized computing clusters. The flexibility of Ulticom's DSC to embrace virtualization where needed or simply be deployed in a more traditional server model was key to the carrier's many operational constraints.
- Deployed in a major IPX Provider's network, Ulticom's DSC functions in both Diameter Edge Agent (DEA) and IPX Hub roles. This particular provider is focused on virtualized cloud-based service delivery models. The DEA functionality is being provided in support of multiple LTE Roaming forms, including as a cloud-based service to other MNOs. The Ulticom DSC's virtualization ready, hypervisor independent product was an ideal fit with the customer's requirements.
- A fast growing Mobile Network Operator deployed Ulticom's DSC to manage Diameter transaction growth and routing for charging. The network operator sees the DSC deployment as a first step in their strategy to incrementally adopt IMS technologies and migrate to LTE. Using Ulticom's FastPath scripting technology, this operator was able to immediately work around incompatibilities between network equipment vendors and deploy a highly customized content-based routing strategy to enable load sharing in mere days.
Learn more about the Ulticom DSC at Mobile World Congress 2014
Ulticom invites you to Barcelona to visit Stand 5I60 in Hall 5 at the Mobile World Congress to learn how you can benefit from the industry's most powerful line of Diameter Signaling software products for Centralized Routing, LTE Roaming, IPX Hubbing, 2G-3G-4G Interworking, Policy Management, Dynamic Load Sharing, Signaling Storm Control, and Service-Oriented Routing. Learn how you can flexibly deploy Ulticom DSCs in traditional servers or blades, and virtual machines according to you operational requirements and business model.
For more information, contact [email protected]
The Ulticom DSC provides Mobile Network Operators, Roaming Hub Operators, and Telecom Equipment Manufacturers with a turn-key, Linux-based software solution that can be incrementally deployed as a stand-alone system, or can be easily integrated into new or existing products.
The Ulticom DSC is suitable for deployment as a Centralized Router, a Diameter Load Balancer, a Diameter Routing Agent (DRA), a Diameter Edge Agent (DEA), or an IPX Hub. DEA and IPX Hub functionality supports LTE Roaming while DRA functionality provides advanced policy management signaling routing (IP-CAN Binding).
The Ulticom Diameter Product Family also provides the ability to interwork between Diameter and SS7 networks - enabling 2G-3G-4G integration.
Learn more at www.ulticom.com
About Ulticom, Inc.
Ulticom, a Platinum Equity Company, is a leader in high performance mission critical software products that evolve information delivery. With over 7,000 deployments worldwide, the company's flagship product, Signalware, is the premier platform for the deployment of applications and services within wireless, IP, and wireline networks.
For over 30 years, Ulticom has delivered carrier-grade solutions that are robust and reliable, all backed by the company's unmatched service and support.
Mobile Network Operators (MNO), Signaling Hub Providers (IPX, GRX), Telecom Equipment Manufacturers (TEM) and Systems Integrators (SI) trust Ulticom solutions to optimize information and application delivery with increased efficiency and security.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
In today's digital world, change is the one constant. Disruptive innovations like cloud, mobility, social media, and the Internet of Things have reshaped the market and set new standards in customer expectations. To remain competitive, businesses must tap the potential of emerging technologies and markets through the rapid release of new products and services. However, the rigid and siloed structures of traditional IT platforms and processes are slowing them down – resulting in lengthy delivery ...
Aug. 28, 2015 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 513
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Aug. 28, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 352
U.S. companies are desperately trying to recruit and hire skilled software engineers and developers, but there is simply not enough quality talent to go around. Tiempo Development is a nearshore software development company. Our headquarters are in AZ, but we are a pioneer and leader in outsourcing to Mexico, based on our three software development centers there. We have a proven process and we are experts at providing our customers with powerful solutions. We transform ideas into reality.
Aug. 28, 2015 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 422
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Aug. 28, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 323
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 311
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 28, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 336
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of I...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 332
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 377
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Aug. 27, 2015 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 384
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Aug. 27, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 437
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of ...
Aug. 27, 2015 05:45 PM EDT
Everyone talks about continuous integration and continuous delivery but those are just two ends of the pipeline. In the middle of DevOps is continuous testing (CT), and many organizations are struggling to implement continuous testing effectively. After all, without continuous testing there is no delivery. And Lab-As-A-Service (LaaS) enhances the CT with dynamic on-demand self-serve test topologies. CT together with LAAS make a powerful combination that perfectly serves complex software developm...
Aug. 27, 2015 04:15 PM EDT
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 27, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 381
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 27, 2015 02:15 PM EDT
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, will discuss how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a prac...
Aug. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 165