|By Marketwired .||
|February 24, 2014 02:03 AM EST||
MOUNT LAUREL, NJ and BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwired) -- 02/24/14 -- Ulticom, an industry leader in signaling solutions, announces a year of successful deployments of their Diameter Signaling Controller (DSC) and mounting market momentum.
- A leading Telecom Equipment Manufacturer (TEM) is deploying Ulticom's DSC as both a Central Router and Diameter Routing Agent (DRA, includes support for Policy Management specialized routing) in all provinces of a Top 10 Mobile Network Operator. Ulticom's feature rich routing and DRA functionality paired with highly configurable congestion management capabilities set it apart from the competition. This TEM is deploying Ulticom's DSC on high performance blade hardware (tested at rates beyond 300,000 TPS) as part of a large Evolved Packet Core (EPC) deployment. The portability, adaptability, and very high performance of Ulticom's DSC solution were key factors in the selection process.
- A Charging Solutions Provider is deploying Ulticom's DSC as a load balancing front end to a multi-server charging cluster. The Ulticom DSC's ability to perform load balancing, overload control, and intelligent transaction routing met the customer's essential requirements for fast and efficient charging system growth driven by subscriber demand for data rich services. Ulticom's Service-Oriented Routing goes beyond the typical primary-backup reliability strategy used for Diameter Signaling. Service-Oriented Routing creates pools of servers that can deliver a service acting together as a single logical entity. Ulticom's DSC transparently optimizes load distribution across the server cluster while dynamically compensating for congestion and failures within the server pool.
- A top 5 Mobile Network Operator is deploying Ulticom's DSC in support of LTE Roaming allowing subscribers to utilize LTE devices not just in their home network, but also while traveling. Deployment of this functionality has already occurred in two major national networks operated by the carrier. Ulticom's DSC offers great deployment flexibility; one network is deploying on dedicated servers, while another is deploying in virtualized computing clusters. The flexibility of Ulticom's DSC to embrace virtualization where needed or simply be deployed in a more traditional server model was key to the carrier's many operational constraints.
- Deployed in a major IPX Provider's network, Ulticom's DSC functions in both Diameter Edge Agent (DEA) and IPX Hub roles. This particular provider is focused on virtualized cloud-based service delivery models. The DEA functionality is being provided in support of multiple LTE Roaming forms, including as a cloud-based service to other MNOs. The Ulticom DSC's virtualization ready, hypervisor independent product was an ideal fit with the customer's requirements.
- A fast growing Mobile Network Operator deployed Ulticom's DSC to manage Diameter transaction growth and routing for charging. The network operator sees the DSC deployment as a first step in their strategy to incrementally adopt IMS technologies and migrate to LTE. Using Ulticom's FastPath scripting technology, this operator was able to immediately work around incompatibilities between network equipment vendors and deploy a highly customized content-based routing strategy to enable load sharing in mere days.
Learn more about the Ulticom DSC at Mobile World Congress 2014
Ulticom invites you to Barcelona to visit Stand 5I60 in Hall 5 at the Mobile World Congress to learn how you can benefit from the industry's most powerful line of Diameter Signaling software products for Centralized Routing, LTE Roaming, IPX Hubbing, 2G-3G-4G Interworking, Policy Management, Dynamic Load Sharing, Signaling Storm Control, and Service-Oriented Routing. Learn how you can flexibly deploy Ulticom DSCs in traditional servers or blades, and virtual machines according to you operational requirements and business model.
For more information, contact [email protected]
The Ulticom DSC provides Mobile Network Operators, Roaming Hub Operators, and Telecom Equipment Manufacturers with a turn-key, Linux-based software solution that can be incrementally deployed as a stand-alone system, or can be easily integrated into new or existing products.
The Ulticom DSC is suitable for deployment as a Centralized Router, a Diameter Load Balancer, a Diameter Routing Agent (DRA), a Diameter Edge Agent (DEA), or an IPX Hub. DEA and IPX Hub functionality supports LTE Roaming while DRA functionality provides advanced policy management signaling routing (IP-CAN Binding).
The Ulticom Diameter Product Family also provides the ability to interwork between Diameter and SS7 networks - enabling 2G-3G-4G integration.
Learn more at www.ulticom.com
About Ulticom, Inc.
Ulticom, a Platinum Equity Company, is a leader in high performance mission critical software products that evolve information delivery. With over 7,000 deployments worldwide, the company's flagship product, Signalware, is the premier platform for the deployment of applications and services within wireless, IP, and wireline networks.
For over 30 years, Ulticom has delivered carrier-grade solutions that are robust and reliable, all backed by the company's unmatched service and support.
Mobile Network Operators (MNO), Signaling Hub Providers (IPX, GRX), Telecom Equipment Manufacturers (TEM) and Systems Integrators (SI) trust Ulticom solutions to optimize information and application delivery with increased efficiency and security.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,309
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,250
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,173
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,402
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,865
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,931
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 809
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,945
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,807
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,342
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 642
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,438
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Oct. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,759
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 580
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,827