|By PR Newswire||
|February 24, 2014 07:00 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, announces its continued platform innovation for enabling organizations to rapidly adopt cloud applications while protecting their sensitive data, ensuring compliance to policies and regulations, as well as ever growing unauthorized access, external threats and surveillance. Through these advancements, the company continues to extend its technical leadership in cloud information protection by combining the highest levels of cloud data discovery, protection – searchable strong encryption [SSE], tokenization, and data loss prevention – and anomaly monitoring.
The Discover, Protect, and Monitor platform comes at a time when organizations are sending exponentially more information into the cloud while seeking to overcome data privacy, regulatory compliance and data residency risks.
Built on CipherCloud's founding commitment, the platform delivers the three critical elements to enable cloud adoption:
- Discover – The first step is discovery. To determine the security controls their data requires, organizations must first identify and classify content that is sensitive, proprietary or regulated before it goes to the cloud. Visibility tools like data discovery provide the actionable intelligence companies need in order to find and apply the right type of protection to comply with regional and industry specific privacy laws.
- Protect – This is the core of any cloud data security strategy. As data privacy requirements escalate, enterprises need security controls that provide robust and granular level data protection to mitigate against compromise without locking out authorized users. By delivering SSE, tokenization, data loss prevention, key management, and malware detection, CipherCloud enables enterprises to seamlessly extend data protection from on premises to the cloud. Our SSE technology delivers AES 256-bit encryption, the highest commercially available level of encryption while enabling natural language, wild cards and Boolean searches of encrypted data.
- Monitor – This delivers detailed information on all logging, tracking, and auditing of user activities across all cloud applications. Information is aggregated and monitored resulting in the ability to quickly zero-in on violations of policies, identify anomalous patterns, and flag potential security breaches. Examples could include excessive access from locations known to harbor malicious activity or an extreme number of uploads and downloads of data over a short period of time by a particular user indicating malicious intent.
"We continue to raise the bar for cloud information protection," said Pravin Kothari, founder and CEO of CipherCloud. "The consumption of multiple cloud applications by the enterprise requires security to be in lock step with visibility. We are giving enterprises a coherent strategy and the innovative technologies they need to navigate the many privacy and residency regulations required to conduct business across the globe."
The CipherCloud platform provides a holistic set of cloud visibility, security and monitoring controls to enable organizations to proactively secure sensitive data and comply with government regulations and industry mandates, including GLBA, PCI, HIPAA and HITECH, the EU Data Protection Act, UK ICO guidance, the Australian Privacy Amendment Act and US State privacy laws.
Key technologies powering the CipherCloud Discover, Protect, and Monitor platform include:
- Cloud Data Discovery –Search existing cloud applications on-demand and discover detailed information about sensitive data, and user activity, extending your corporate DLP policies to the cloud.
- Searchable Strong Encryption – Delivers AES 256-bit encryption, the highest commercially available level of encryption while enabling natural language, wild cards and Boolean searches of encrypted data
- Tokenization – Enables tokenization – substituting randomly generated values for the original data, which never leaves the enterprise
- Cloud Data Loss Prevention – Supports out-of the box and custom DLP policies that scan, detect and take action to protect sensitive information in any field or document; integrates with existing DLP systems such as Symantec or RSA via the ICAP protocol.
- Cloud Malware Detection – Includes integrated malware protection preventing viruses from spreading with zero-day protection against cloud viruses, spyware, Trojans, bots, rootkits and more.
- Activity Monitoring and Anomaly Detection – Tracks user interactions across multiple cloud applications assure compliance and spot anomalies through detailed security dashboards and reports.
- Robust Key Management – Provides enterprise key management capabilities in compliance with NIST SP 800-57 standards. Multiple key storage options enable keys to be stored securely on the CipherCloud platform or separately on a KMIP-compliant key management server.
- High-performance Scalable Architecture – Delivers near zero latency while supporting the largest number of companies and government agencies with demanding throughput requirements.
CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, enables organizations to accelerate their adoption of cloud applications while ensuring visibility and control of their data. CipherCloud delivers data privacy, regulatory compliance, and data residency in the Cloud through an open platform that provides comprehensive data discovery, protection – search strong encryption, tokenization, data loss prevention, key management, and malware detection – and activity and anomaly monitoring services.
CipherCloud has experienced exceptional growth and success with over 2.6 million business users, across 25 countries, and in more than 11 industries.
The CipherCloud product portfolio protects popular cloud applications out-of-the-box such as salesforce.com, Box, and Microsoft Office 365.
CipherCloud, named as SC Magazine's 2013 Best Product of the Year, is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.
Director of Corporate Communications
SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to global enterprises. SoftLayer's modular architecture, full-featured API, and sophisticated automation provide unparalleled performance and control. Its flexible unified platform seamlessly spans physical and virtual devices linked via a world...
May. 28, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,213
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
May. 28, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,062
SYS-CON Events announced today TechTarget has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechTarget is the Web’s leading destination for serious technology buyers researching and making enterprise technology decisions. Its extensive global networ...
May. 28, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,189
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
May. 28, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,162
SYS-CON Events announced today Object Management Group® has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 28, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,496
As cloud and storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the cloud is escalating and it is clear cloud storage is here to stay. However, is it secure? Data is the lifeblood for government entities, countries, cloud service providers and enterprises alike and losing or exposing that data can have disastrous results. There are new concepts for data storage on the horizon that will deliver secure solutions for storing and moving sensitive data around the world. ...
May. 28, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,299
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 779
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 28, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,436
Many banks and financial institutions are experimenting with containers in development environments, but when will they move into production? Containers are seen as the key to achieving the ultimate in information technology flexibility and agility. Containers work on both public and private clouds, and make it easy to build and deploy applications. The challenge for regulated industries is the cost and complexity of container security compliance. VM security compliance is already challenging, ...
May. 28, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,266
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,246
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,916
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
May. 28, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,320
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
May. 28, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,008
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 18th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 28, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,414
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 28, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,325