|By PR Newswire||
|February 24, 2014 07:00 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, announces its continued platform innovation for enabling organizations to rapidly adopt cloud applications while protecting their sensitive data, ensuring compliance to policies and regulations, as well as ever growing unauthorized access, external threats and surveillance. Through these advancements, the company continues to extend its technical leadership in cloud information protection by combining the highest levels of cloud data discovery, protection – searchable strong encryption [SSE], tokenization, and data loss prevention – and anomaly monitoring.
The Discover, Protect, and Monitor platform comes at a time when organizations are sending exponentially more information into the cloud while seeking to overcome data privacy, regulatory compliance and data residency risks.
Built on CipherCloud's founding commitment, the platform delivers the three critical elements to enable cloud adoption:
- Discover – The first step is discovery. To determine the security controls their data requires, organizations must first identify and classify content that is sensitive, proprietary or regulated before it goes to the cloud. Visibility tools like data discovery provide the actionable intelligence companies need in order to find and apply the right type of protection to comply with regional and industry specific privacy laws.
- Protect – This is the core of any cloud data security strategy. As data privacy requirements escalate, enterprises need security controls that provide robust and granular level data protection to mitigate against compromise without locking out authorized users. By delivering SSE, tokenization, data loss prevention, key management, and malware detection, CipherCloud enables enterprises to seamlessly extend data protection from on premises to the cloud. Our SSE technology delivers AES 256-bit encryption, the highest commercially available level of encryption while enabling natural language, wild cards and Boolean searches of encrypted data.
- Monitor – This delivers detailed information on all logging, tracking, and auditing of user activities across all cloud applications. Information is aggregated and monitored resulting in the ability to quickly zero-in on violations of policies, identify anomalous patterns, and flag potential security breaches. Examples could include excessive access from locations known to harbor malicious activity or an extreme number of uploads and downloads of data over a short period of time by a particular user indicating malicious intent.
"We continue to raise the bar for cloud information protection," said Pravin Kothari, founder and CEO of CipherCloud. "The consumption of multiple cloud applications by the enterprise requires security to be in lock step with visibility. We are giving enterprises a coherent strategy and the innovative technologies they need to navigate the many privacy and residency regulations required to conduct business across the globe."
The CipherCloud platform provides a holistic set of cloud visibility, security and monitoring controls to enable organizations to proactively secure sensitive data and comply with government regulations and industry mandates, including GLBA, PCI, HIPAA and HITECH, the EU Data Protection Act, UK ICO guidance, the Australian Privacy Amendment Act and US State privacy laws.
Key technologies powering the CipherCloud Discover, Protect, and Monitor platform include:
- Cloud Data Discovery –Search existing cloud applications on-demand and discover detailed information about sensitive data, and user activity, extending your corporate DLP policies to the cloud.
- Searchable Strong Encryption – Delivers AES 256-bit encryption, the highest commercially available level of encryption while enabling natural language, wild cards and Boolean searches of encrypted data
- Tokenization – Enables tokenization – substituting randomly generated values for the original data, which never leaves the enterprise
- Cloud Data Loss Prevention – Supports out-of the box and custom DLP policies that scan, detect and take action to protect sensitive information in any field or document; integrates with existing DLP systems such as Symantec or RSA via the ICAP protocol.
- Cloud Malware Detection – Includes integrated malware protection preventing viruses from spreading with zero-day protection against cloud viruses, spyware, Trojans, bots, rootkits and more.
- Activity Monitoring and Anomaly Detection – Tracks user interactions across multiple cloud applications assure compliance and spot anomalies through detailed security dashboards and reports.
- Robust Key Management – Provides enterprise key management capabilities in compliance with NIST SP 800-57 standards. Multiple key storage options enable keys to be stored securely on the CipherCloud platform or separately on a KMIP-compliant key management server.
- High-performance Scalable Architecture – Delivers near zero latency while supporting the largest number of companies and government agencies with demanding throughput requirements.
CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, enables organizations to accelerate their adoption of cloud applications while ensuring visibility and control of their data. CipherCloud delivers data privacy, regulatory compliance, and data residency in the Cloud through an open platform that provides comprehensive data discovery, protection – search strong encryption, tokenization, data loss prevention, key management, and malware detection – and activity and anomaly monitoring services.
CipherCloud has experienced exceptional growth and success with over 2.6 million business users, across 25 countries, and in more than 11 industries.
The CipherCloud product portfolio protects popular cloud applications out-of-the-box such as salesforce.com, Box, and Microsoft Office 365.
CipherCloud, named as SC Magazine's 2013 Best Product of the Year, is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.
Director of Corporate Communications
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 13, 2016 03:45 AM EST Reads: 241
Father business cycles and digital consumers are forcing enterprises to respond faster to customer needs and competitive demands. Successful integration of DevOps and Agile development will be key for business success in today’s digital economy. In his session at DevOps Summit, Pradeep Prabhu, Co-Founder & CEO of Cloudmunch, covered the critical practices that enterprises should consider to seamlessly integrate Agile and DevOps processes, barriers to implementing this in the enterprise, and pr...
Feb. 13, 2016 03:00 AM EST Reads: 462
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 368
Sensors and effectors of IoT are solving problems in new ways, but small businesses have been slow to join the quantified world. They’ll need information from IoT using applications as varied as the businesses themselves. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer, Director of Technology Innovation at Intuit, showed how IoT manufacturers can use open standards, public APIs and custom apps to enable the Quantified Small Business. He used a Raspberry Pi to connect sensors...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 368
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, will discuss how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved effi...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 273
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 12, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 245
Data-as-a-Service is the complete package for the transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets and the delivery of those data assets. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lakshmi Randall, an industry expert, analyst and strategist, will address: What is DaaS (Data-as-a-Service)? Challenges addressed by DaaS Vendors that are enabling DaaS Architecture options for DaaS
Feb. 12, 2016 09:45 PM EST Reads: 386
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 12, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 135
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 404
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:45 PM EST
DevOps is not just last year’s buzzword. Companies with DevOps practices are 2.5x more likely to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. But how do you enable high performance? What can you do right now to start? Find out from DevOps experts including Gene Kim, co-author of "The Phoenix Project," and the Dynatrace Center of Excellence.
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 192
SYS-CON Events announced today that Column Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principal...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 432