|By Business Wire||
|February 24, 2014 09:03 AM EST||
RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, kicked off its annual show today at San Francisco’s Moscone Center. Taking place February 24 to February 28, RSA Conference 2014 brings together the top information security professionals and business leaders to discuss emerging cybersecurity trends and formulate best strategies for tackling current and future threats.
This year’s Conference includes a notable lineup of featured speakers, including:
- Nawaf Bitar, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Security Business Unit, Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Scott Charney, Corporate Vice President, Trustworthy Computing, Microsoft Corporation
- Stephen Colbert, Award-winning host and executive producer of "The Colbert Report" and New York Times best-selling author
- James Comey, Director, Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Philippe Courtot, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Qualys
- Arthur W. Coviello, Jr., Executive Chairman, RSA
- Mike Fey, Worldwide Chief Technology Officer, McAfee
- Art Gilliland, Senior Vice President and General Manager, HP Software Enterprise Security Products, Hewlett-Packard Company
- Scott Harrison, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, charity: water
- Kevin Mandia, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, FireEye
- Peter Sims, Best-selling author and entrepreneur
- Herbert “Hugh” Thompson, Ph.D, Program Committee Chair, RSA Conference
- Stephen Trilling, Senior Vice President of Security Intelligence and Technology, Symantec Corp.
- Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology & Strategy Officer (CTSO), Cisco, Chris Young, Senior Vice President, Cisco Security and Government Group, Cisco
- Taylor Wilson, Nuclear Scientist and STEM Education Evangelist
“This year we head into the most discussed conference in our history. There are tens of thousands of attendees that will converge on San Francisco to continue the dialog, share information and drive collective intelligence from both the private and public sectors,” said Alex Bender, General Manager of RSA Conference. “The cyber-security industry is stronger than it has ever been and RSA Conference has become the platform where the world talks security.”
Some of the highlights at RSA Conference 2014 include:
- Innovation Sandbox – Kicking off on Monday, February 24, the popular Innovation Sandbox program will culminate with one finalist being named “RSA Conference 2014’s Most Innovative Company.”
- Exclusive Sessions on Industry hot Topics – Throughout the week, RSA Conference will be hosting a number of sessions covering pressing topics like surveillance and privacy, Software Defined Networks (SDN), Analytics and Big Data, the Human Element and many more. On Tuesday, February 25, a discussion on NSA surveillance will be hosted by James Lewis, Program Director, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) alongside Michael Hayden, Principal, The Chertoff Group, and Richard Clarke, Chief Executive Officer, Good Harbor Security Risk Management. On Friday, February 28th, Dan Geer, security luminary, will speak on why “We Are All Intelligence Officers Now.”
- The Cryptographers’ Panel – On Tuesday, February 25, join the founders and leaders of cryptography for an engaging panel discussion about the latest advances in the field, including research areas to watch in 2014 and insights drawn from lessons learned over the last three decades. Panelists at this year’s keynote session include: Paul Kocher, President and Chief Scientist, Cryptography Research, Adi Shamir, Professor, Computer Science Department, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel, Brian LaMacchia, Director, Security & Cryptography, XCG Lab, Microsoft Research, Ronald Rivest, Vannevar Bush Professor, MIT and Whitfield Diffie, Advisory Board, SafeLogic.
- Keynote with Scott Harrison – Seven years ago Scott Harrison started charity: water with a mission to bring clean drinking water to every person on the planet living without it. Learn from Scott's personal journey from New York City nightlife to building an organization that’s funded more than 9,000 water projects in 20 countries. The remarkable success of charity: water shows us the power of community and technology when focused on a single, shared mission. Attendees can get involved by participating in the RSA Conference charity: water Challenge taking place in The Sandbox, Moscone North room 134. The challenge, walking with a full jerry can of water, simulates conditions for those who have to struggle for clean water each day. If 300 attendees complete the challenge, RSA Conference will fund two water projects in Nepal, each of which will serve 400 students.
- STEM Education Coalition – RSA Conference is challenging the industry to cultivate future information security leaders by joining the STEM Education Coalition. The Conference’s goal is to partner with 20 security organizations to join the STEM Education Coalition, fund STEM awareness, lobby Congress on education policy and deliver curriculum to students from kindergarten through higher education. Attendees are encouraged to interact with the STEM Education Coalition during RSA Conference by tweeting @StemEdCoalition
RSA Conference would like to extend its thanks to 2014 sponsors: IS THERE SOME REASON FOR THE ORDER OF SPONSORS? Juniper Networks; Microsoft, RSA Cisco; FireEye; Akamai, Ixia; Splunk; HP; Intel Security; Qualys; Symantec; HOB; Sophos; TeleTrusT; Trend Micro; Websense; AhnLab, Barracuda; Blue Coat; CA Technologies; Entrust; HID; Narus; Palo Alto Networks; SafeNet; Secunia; Tripwire; Trustwave; Venafi; Veracode; Verizon; Aligiance; Attachmate; BeyondTrust; Checkmarx; Citrix; Covisint; Entersekt; Identity Finder; Intel; Jiransoft; Lancope; Lieberman Software; LynuxWorks; NagraID Security; Proofpoint; Quintessence Labs; Sourcefire; SSH Communications Security; Sypris; Tenable Network Security; UNICOM Engineering; Unisys; viaForensics; and, Vormetric.
A complete RSA Conference 2014 agenda can be found at: http://www.rsaconference.com/events/us14/agenda
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- Blog − http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/2901675
- LinkedIn Networking Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/102053116262408140181/posts
- Join and follow the conversation: #RSAC
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference helps drive the global information security agenda with annual events in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Since 1991, RSA Conference consistently attracts the best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities to learn about information security’s most important issues through face-to-face and online interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies. As information security professionals work to stay ahead of ever-changing security threats and trends, they turn to RSA Conference for a 360-degree view of the industry. RSA Conference seeks to arm participants with the knowledge they need to remain at the forefront of the information security business. More information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry can be found at www.rsaconference.com.
EMC2, EMC, RSA and their respective logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,218
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 10, 2016 10:15 PM EST Reads: 2,072
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,354
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 10, 2016 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,820
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 10, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 4,156
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,105
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,551
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,035
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,972
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,097
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,012
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 10, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 2,384
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 10, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,426
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,374
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,842