|By Business Wire||
|February 24, 2014 09:03 AM EST||
RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, kicked off its annual show today at San Francisco’s Moscone Center. Taking place February 24 to February 28, RSA Conference 2014 brings together the top information security professionals and business leaders to discuss emerging cybersecurity trends and formulate best strategies for tackling current and future threats.
This year’s Conference includes a notable lineup of featured speakers, including:
- Nawaf Bitar, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Security Business Unit, Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Scott Charney, Corporate Vice President, Trustworthy Computing, Microsoft Corporation
- Stephen Colbert, Award-winning host and executive producer of "The Colbert Report" and New York Times best-selling author
- James Comey, Director, Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Philippe Courtot, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Qualys
- Arthur W. Coviello, Jr., Executive Chairman, RSA
- Mike Fey, Worldwide Chief Technology Officer, McAfee
- Art Gilliland, Senior Vice President and General Manager, HP Software Enterprise Security Products, Hewlett-Packard Company
- Scott Harrison, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, charity: water
- Kevin Mandia, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, FireEye
- Peter Sims, Best-selling author and entrepreneur
- Herbert “Hugh” Thompson, Ph.D, Program Committee Chair, RSA Conference
- Stephen Trilling, Senior Vice President of Security Intelligence and Technology, Symantec Corp.
- Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology & Strategy Officer (CTSO), Cisco, Chris Young, Senior Vice President, Cisco Security and Government Group, Cisco
- Taylor Wilson, Nuclear Scientist and STEM Education Evangelist
“This year we head into the most discussed conference in our history. There are tens of thousands of attendees that will converge on San Francisco to continue the dialog, share information and drive collective intelligence from both the private and public sectors,” said Alex Bender, General Manager of RSA Conference. “The cyber-security industry is stronger than it has ever been and RSA Conference has become the platform where the world talks security.”
Some of the highlights at RSA Conference 2014 include:
- Innovation Sandbox – Kicking off on Monday, February 24, the popular Innovation Sandbox program will culminate with one finalist being named “RSA Conference 2014’s Most Innovative Company.”
- Exclusive Sessions on Industry hot Topics – Throughout the week, RSA Conference will be hosting a number of sessions covering pressing topics like surveillance and privacy, Software Defined Networks (SDN), Analytics and Big Data, the Human Element and many more. On Tuesday, February 25, a discussion on NSA surveillance will be hosted by James Lewis, Program Director, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) alongside Michael Hayden, Principal, The Chertoff Group, and Richard Clarke, Chief Executive Officer, Good Harbor Security Risk Management. On Friday, February 28th, Dan Geer, security luminary, will speak on why “We Are All Intelligence Officers Now.”
- The Cryptographers’ Panel – On Tuesday, February 25, join the founders and leaders of cryptography for an engaging panel discussion about the latest advances in the field, including research areas to watch in 2014 and insights drawn from lessons learned over the last three decades. Panelists at this year’s keynote session include: Paul Kocher, President and Chief Scientist, Cryptography Research, Adi Shamir, Professor, Computer Science Department, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel, Brian LaMacchia, Director, Security & Cryptography, XCG Lab, Microsoft Research, Ronald Rivest, Vannevar Bush Professor, MIT and Whitfield Diffie, Advisory Board, SafeLogic.
- Keynote with Scott Harrison – Seven years ago Scott Harrison started charity: water with a mission to bring clean drinking water to every person on the planet living without it. Learn from Scott's personal journey from New York City nightlife to building an organization that’s funded more than 9,000 water projects in 20 countries. The remarkable success of charity: water shows us the power of community and technology when focused on a single, shared mission. Attendees can get involved by participating in the RSA Conference charity: water Challenge taking place in The Sandbox, Moscone North room 134. The challenge, walking with a full jerry can of water, simulates conditions for those who have to struggle for clean water each day. If 300 attendees complete the challenge, RSA Conference will fund two water projects in Nepal, each of which will serve 400 students.
- STEM Education Coalition – RSA Conference is challenging the industry to cultivate future information security leaders by joining the STEM Education Coalition. The Conference’s goal is to partner with 20 security organizations to join the STEM Education Coalition, fund STEM awareness, lobby Congress on education policy and deliver curriculum to students from kindergarten through higher education. Attendees are encouraged to interact with the STEM Education Coalition during RSA Conference by tweeting @StemEdCoalition
RSA Conference would like to extend its thanks to 2014 sponsors: IS THERE SOME REASON FOR THE ORDER OF SPONSORS? Juniper Networks; Microsoft, RSA Cisco; FireEye; Akamai, Ixia; Splunk; HP; Intel Security; Qualys; Symantec; HOB; Sophos; TeleTrusT; Trend Micro; Websense; AhnLab, Barracuda; Blue Coat; CA Technologies; Entrust; HID; Narus; Palo Alto Networks; SafeNet; Secunia; Tripwire; Trustwave; Venafi; Veracode; Verizon; Aligiance; Attachmate; BeyondTrust; Checkmarx; Citrix; Covisint; Entersekt; Identity Finder; Intel; Jiransoft; Lancope; Lieberman Software; LynuxWorks; NagraID Security; Proofpoint; Quintessence Labs; Sourcefire; SSH Communications Security; Sypris; Tenable Network Security; UNICOM Engineering; Unisys; viaForensics; and, Vormetric.
A complete RSA Conference 2014 agenda can be found at: http://www.rsaconference.com/events/us14/agenda
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- Blog − http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/2901675
- LinkedIn Networking Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/102053116262408140181/posts
- Join and follow the conversation: #RSAC
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference helps drive the global information security agenda with annual events in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Since 1991, RSA Conference consistently attracts the best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities to learn about information security’s most important issues through face-to-face and online interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies. As information security professionals work to stay ahead of ever-changing security threats and trends, they turn to RSA Conference for a 360-degree view of the industry. RSA Conference seeks to arm participants with the knowledge they need to remain at the forefront of the information security business. More information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry can be found at www.rsaconference.com.
EMC2, EMC, RSA and their respective logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,188
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,042
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,151
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 24, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,740
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,495
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,627
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,899
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,565
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,585
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,365
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,603
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,766
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,723
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Oct. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,557
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Oct. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,402