|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2014 03:03 AM EST||
- Compact 4/8 Core 14W/20W Atom Servers supporting up to 64GB ECC Memory Optimized for Embedded Applications
NURNBERG, Germany, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing is exhibiting its latest embedded server solutions at Embedded World 2014 in Nurnberg, Germany this week. Highlighted at the show will be Supermicro's new embedded server solutions based on Intel® Atom™ (Avoton and Rangeley) System on Chip (SoC). Supermicro's new A1 series motherboards feature 4-8 cores, 14-20W SoC, 64GB ECC memory, quad GbE LAN ports and up to 7 years long life. A1SAM/SAi motherboards are optimized for low-power server/storage, web hosting applications and the A1SRM/SRi motherboards with integrated bulk Crypto (10Gb/s) Intel® QuickAssist technology are targeted for network security appliances. These new low power full-featured motherboards extend the foundation of Supermicro's Embedded Server Building Block Solutions and expand its growing line of products targeting transportation and communications infrastructure, retail applications, digital signage, industrial automation, digital security and surveillance, cloud and cold storage, medical imaging and network/security appliances.
"Supermicro leads the industry with the widest selection of embedded server building blocks and is dedicated to bring even more compact, energy efficient, feature rich solutions to market," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Indeed, as the embedded server market evolves, demands for more sophistication, functionality and power conservation will take central focus. Supermicro is the solution provider of choice with enterprise-class engineering, manufacturing and support expertise in this area. Our innovation, reliability and flexibility deliver time-to-market advantages to customers developing next generation embedded solutions."
Supermicro Embedded World Exhibits Include:
- A1 Series Intel® Atom™ based embedded serverboards (Intel "Silvermont" microarchitecture) feature 2.4GHz 64-bit, 22nm 3D Tri-gate System on Chip (SOC) process to offer high performance per watt and greater power efficiency. Ideal for SMB low-power server/storage, web hosting, networks security appliance (Rangeley w/QuickAssist)
- A1SAi-2750F (Mini-ITX) – Low-Power 8-Core (20W)
- A1SRi-2758F (Mini-ITX) – Embedded Communications 8-Core (20W), Intel® QuickAssist Technology, 7 year support
- A1SAM-2750F (microATX) – High-Performance Turbo Boost Technology enabled 8-Core (20W)
- A1SRM-2758F (microATX) – Embedded Communications 8-Core (20W) Intel® QuickAssist Technology, 7 year
- X10SLV / -Q (Mini-ITX) –Triple display & 7 year support, Intel® 4th Generation Core™ i3/i5/i7
- X10SLQ (microATX) – Next generation Intel Graphics Controller with HDMI/DP/VGA/DVI, 3x independent displays Remote management with Intel® vPro™ AMT 9.0
- X10SLH-F (microATX), X10SAE (ATX) – High-performance Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v3 and 4th Gen Core™ i3
- X10SBA (Mini-ITX) – Compact, low-power (10W) Intel® Celeron J1900 (Bay Trail D), 7 year support
- X9SKV-1125 (Flex ATX) – Communication, Intel® Xeon® E3-1125C (40W) and Intel® Communication chipset 8903, 7 year support
- X9SCAA, X9SBAA, X9SPV-M4-3UE / -F-3217UE (Mini-ITX) – Low power, small footprint uni-processor (UP) MBs supporting Intel Atom and Core processors
- C7H61 (ATX), C7B75 (microATX), X9SCM-iiF (microATX), X9SAE-V (ATX), X9SRH-7F (ATX) – High-performance UP MBs supporting Intel Core or Xeon processor E3-1200 and E5-2600/1600 product families
- High-performance dual-processor (DP) MBs supporting Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product families
- X9DRW-CF31 (WIO 12.3"x13") 8x 12Gb/s SAS3 ports via add-on-module (AOM-S3108-H8)
- X9DRL-EF (ATX) Low-cost optimized for embedded server applications
- X9DRD-EF / -7LNF4 (E-ATX) Optimized for free-air cooling, 6 (x8) PCI-E 3.0
- X9DR7-TF+ (E-ATX) 24x DIMMs supporting up to 1.5TB ECC DDR3, dual 10Gbase-T LAN
- X9DRX+-F (15.2"x13.2") Industry's only 11x PCI-E slot solution
Embedded Server Systems
- SYS-5017K-N6 – New communication appliance featuring Intel® Pentium® B915C processor (15W, 1.5GHz. 3M, Gladden) and Intel® Communication Chipset 8903
- SYS-5018A-MHN4 – 1U (4x 3.5" hot-swap and 2x 2.5" internal HDD/SSD bays, short-depth rackmount Networking and Security Server Appliance, (20W) 8-Core Intel® Atom™ (Rangeley), 7 year support, Intel® QuickAssist Technology
- SYS-5018A-MLTN4 – 1U compact, 2x 3.5" or 4x 2.5" internal HDD/SSDs, low-power (14W) 4-Core Intel® Atom™ (Avoton) C2550, up to 64GB 1600MHz DDR3 ECC or non ECC UDIMM, quad 1GbE LAN ports
- SYS-5018A-FTN4 – 1U ultra-compact, Front I/O quad 1GbE LAN ports, 2x 3.5" or 4x 2.5" internal HDD/SSDs, (20W) 8-Core Intel® Atom™ (Rangeley), 7 year support, Intel® QuickAssist Technology
- Low Power, Compact Mini ITX System Solutions CSE-504-203B chassis and X10SLV-Q. Rear I/O, 1U compact, short depth 9.8" rackmount. 2x 3.5" or optional 4x 2.5" internal SATA2 HDD/SSD bays.
- Box PC built on CSE-101i chassis and X10SLV. Supports Mini-ITX (6.75" x 6.75"), front accessible USB 2.0 and audio ports, 1x internal 2.5" HDD/SSD bay, VESA Mount compatible, optional 60W or 80W power adapters.
Visit Supermicro at Embedded World 2014, February 25 – 27 Nurnberg, Germany, MesseZentrum Exhibition Centre, Hall 1, Booth 406. For more information on Supermicro's complete line of Embedded Building Block Solutions visit www.supermicro.com/Embedded.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, SuperServer, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
May. 1, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,188
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
May. 1, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,110
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, discussed the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docker c...
May. 1, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,454
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
May. 1, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,289
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
May. 1, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,555
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
May. 1, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,293
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
May. 1, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,211
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 30, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,866
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 30, 2017 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,944
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 30, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,632
Automation is enabling enterprises to design, deploy, and manage more complex, hybrid cloud environments. Yet the people who manage these environments must be trained in and understanding these environments better than ever before. A new era of analytics and cognitive computing is adding intelligence, but also more complexity, to these cloud environments. How smart is your cloud? How smart should it be? In this power panel at 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, pane...
Apr. 30, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,653
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 30, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,690
SYS-CON Events announced today that Grape Up will exhibit at SYS-CON's 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on Oct. 31 – Nov 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Grape Up is a software company specializing in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the U.S. and Europe, Grape Up works with a variety of customers from emergi...
Apr. 30, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,532
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 30, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,727
@ThingsExpo has been named the Most Influential ‘Smart Cities - IIoT' Account and @BigDataExpo has been named fourteenth by Right Relevance (RR), which provides curated information and intelligence on approximately 50,000 topics. In addition, Right Relevance provides an Insights offering that combines the above Topics and Influencers information with real time conversations to provide actionable intelligence with visualizations to enable decision making. The Insights service is applicable to eve...
Apr. 30, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,222