|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2014 03:03 AM EST||
- Compact 4/8 Core 14W/20W Atom Servers supporting up to 64GB ECC Memory Optimized for Embedded Applications
NURNBERG, Germany, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing is exhibiting its latest embedded server solutions at Embedded World 2014 in Nurnberg, Germany this week. Highlighted at the show will be Supermicro's new embedded server solutions based on Intel® Atom™ (Avoton and Rangeley) System on Chip (SoC). Supermicro's new A1 series motherboards feature 4-8 cores, 14-20W SoC, 64GB ECC memory, quad GbE LAN ports and up to 7 years long life. A1SAM/SAi motherboards are optimized for low-power server/storage, web hosting applications and the A1SRM/SRi motherboards with integrated bulk Crypto (10Gb/s) Intel® QuickAssist technology are targeted for network security appliances. These new low power full-featured motherboards extend the foundation of Supermicro's Embedded Server Building Block Solutions and expand its growing line of products targeting transportation and communications infrastructure, retail applications, digital signage, industrial automation, digital security and surveillance, cloud and cold storage, medical imaging and network/security appliances.
"Supermicro leads the industry with the widest selection of embedded server building blocks and is dedicated to bring even more compact, energy efficient, feature rich solutions to market," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Indeed, as the embedded server market evolves, demands for more sophistication, functionality and power conservation will take central focus. Supermicro is the solution provider of choice with enterprise-class engineering, manufacturing and support expertise in this area. Our innovation, reliability and flexibility deliver time-to-market advantages to customers developing next generation embedded solutions."
Supermicro Embedded World Exhibits Include:
- A1 Series Intel® Atom™ based embedded serverboards (Intel "Silvermont" microarchitecture) feature 2.4GHz 64-bit, 22nm 3D Tri-gate System on Chip (SOC) process to offer high performance per watt and greater power efficiency. Ideal for SMB low-power server/storage, web hosting, networks security appliance (Rangeley w/QuickAssist)
- A1SAi-2750F (Mini-ITX) – Low-Power 8-Core (20W)
- A1SRi-2758F (Mini-ITX) – Embedded Communications 8-Core (20W), Intel® QuickAssist Technology, 7 year support
- A1SAM-2750F (microATX) – High-Performance Turbo Boost Technology enabled 8-Core (20W)
- A1SRM-2758F (microATX) – Embedded Communications 8-Core (20W) Intel® QuickAssist Technology, 7 year
- X10SLV / -Q (Mini-ITX) –Triple display & 7 year support, Intel® 4th Generation Core™ i3/i5/i7
- X10SLQ (microATX) – Next generation Intel Graphics Controller with HDMI/DP/VGA/DVI, 3x independent displays Remote management with Intel® vPro™ AMT 9.0
- X10SLH-F (microATX), X10SAE (ATX) – High-performance Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v3 and 4th Gen Core™ i3
- X10SBA (Mini-ITX) – Compact, low-power (10W) Intel® Celeron J1900 (Bay Trail D), 7 year support
- X9SKV-1125 (Flex ATX) – Communication, Intel® Xeon® E3-1125C (40W) and Intel® Communication chipset 8903, 7 year support
- X9SCAA, X9SBAA, X9SPV-M4-3UE / -F-3217UE (Mini-ITX) – Low power, small footprint uni-processor (UP) MBs supporting Intel Atom and Core processors
- C7H61 (ATX), C7B75 (microATX), X9SCM-iiF (microATX), X9SAE-V (ATX), X9SRH-7F (ATX) – High-performance UP MBs supporting Intel Core or Xeon processor E3-1200 and E5-2600/1600 product families
- High-performance dual-processor (DP) MBs supporting Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product families
- X9DRW-CF31 (WIO 12.3"x13") 8x 12Gb/s SAS3 ports via add-on-module (AOM-S3108-H8)
- X9DRL-EF (ATX) Low-cost optimized for embedded server applications
- X9DRD-EF / -7LNF4 (E-ATX) Optimized for free-air cooling, 6 (x8) PCI-E 3.0
- X9DR7-TF+ (E-ATX) 24x DIMMs supporting up to 1.5TB ECC DDR3, dual 10Gbase-T LAN
- X9DRX+-F (15.2"x13.2") Industry's only 11x PCI-E slot solution
Embedded Server Systems
- SYS-5017K-N6 – New communication appliance featuring Intel® Pentium® B915C processor (15W, 1.5GHz. 3M, Gladden) and Intel® Communication Chipset 8903
- SYS-5018A-MHN4 – 1U (4x 3.5" hot-swap and 2x 2.5" internal HDD/SSD bays, short-depth rackmount Networking and Security Server Appliance, (20W) 8-Core Intel® Atom™ (Rangeley), 7 year support, Intel® QuickAssist Technology
- SYS-5018A-MLTN4 – 1U compact, 2x 3.5" or 4x 2.5" internal HDD/SSDs, low-power (14W) 4-Core Intel® Atom™ (Avoton) C2550, up to 64GB 1600MHz DDR3 ECC or non ECC UDIMM, quad 1GbE LAN ports
- SYS-5018A-FTN4 – 1U ultra-compact, Front I/O quad 1GbE LAN ports, 2x 3.5" or 4x 2.5" internal HDD/SSDs, (20W) 8-Core Intel® Atom™ (Rangeley), 7 year support, Intel® QuickAssist Technology
- Low Power, Compact Mini ITX System Solutions CSE-504-203B chassis and X10SLV-Q. Rear I/O, 1U compact, short depth 9.8" rackmount. 2x 3.5" or optional 4x 2.5" internal SATA2 HDD/SSD bays.
- Box PC built on CSE-101i chassis and X10SLV. Supports Mini-ITX (6.75" x 6.75"), front accessible USB 2.0 and audio ports, 1x internal 2.5" HDD/SSD bay, VESA Mount compatible, optional 60W or 80W power adapters.
Visit Supermicro at Embedded World 2014, February 25 – 27 Nurnberg, Germany, MesseZentrum Exhibition Centre, Hall 1, Booth 406. For more information on Supermicro's complete line of Embedded Building Block Solutions visit www.supermicro.com/Embedded.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, SuperServer, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 401
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:45 PM EST
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 189
DevOps is not just last year’s buzzword. Companies with DevOps practices are 2.5x more likely to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. But how do you enable high performance? What can you do right now to start? Find out from DevOps experts including Gene Kim, co-author of "The Phoenix Project," and the Dynatrace Center of Excellence.
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Column Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principal...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 425
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 12, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 449
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST
As someone who has been dedicated to automation and Application Release Automation (ARA) technology for almost six years now, one of the most common questions I get asked regards Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Specifically, people want to know whether release automation is still needed when a PaaS is in place, and why. Isn't that what a PaaS provides? A solution to the deployment and runtime challenges of an application? Why would anyone using a PaaS then need an automation engine with workflow ...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 230
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 229
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 12, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 108
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 12, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 263
CIOs and those charged with running IT Operations are challenged to deliver secure, audited, and reliable compute environments for the applications and data for the business. Behind the scenes these tasks are often accomplished by following onerous time-consuming processes and often the management of these environments and processes will be outsourced to multiple IT service providers. In addition, the division of work is often siloed into traditional "towers" that are not well integrated for cro...
Feb. 12, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 499