|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2014 03:03 AM EST||
- Compact 4/8 Core 14W/20W Atom Servers supporting up to 64GB ECC Memory Optimized for Embedded Applications
NURNBERG, Germany, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing is exhibiting its latest embedded server solutions at Embedded World 2014 in Nurnberg, Germany this week. Highlighted at the show will be Supermicro's new embedded server solutions based on Intel® Atom™ (Avoton and Rangeley) System on Chip (SoC). Supermicro's new A1 series motherboards feature 4-8 cores, 14-20W SoC, 64GB ECC memory, quad GbE LAN ports and up to 7 years long life. A1SAM/SAi motherboards are optimized for low-power server/storage, web hosting applications and the A1SRM/SRi motherboards with integrated bulk Crypto (10Gb/s) Intel® QuickAssist technology are targeted for network security appliances. These new low power full-featured motherboards extend the foundation of Supermicro's Embedded Server Building Block Solutions and expand its growing line of products targeting transportation and communications infrastructure, retail applications, digital signage, industrial automation, digital security and surveillance, cloud and cold storage, medical imaging and network/security appliances.
"Supermicro leads the industry with the widest selection of embedded server building blocks and is dedicated to bring even more compact, energy efficient, feature rich solutions to market," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Indeed, as the embedded server market evolves, demands for more sophistication, functionality and power conservation will take central focus. Supermicro is the solution provider of choice with enterprise-class engineering, manufacturing and support expertise in this area. Our innovation, reliability and flexibility deliver time-to-market advantages to customers developing next generation embedded solutions."
Supermicro Embedded World Exhibits Include:
- A1 Series Intel® Atom™ based embedded serverboards (Intel "Silvermont" microarchitecture) feature 2.4GHz 64-bit, 22nm 3D Tri-gate System on Chip (SOC) process to offer high performance per watt and greater power efficiency. Ideal for SMB low-power server/storage, web hosting, networks security appliance (Rangeley w/QuickAssist)
- A1SAi-2750F (Mini-ITX) – Low-Power 8-Core (20W)
- A1SRi-2758F (Mini-ITX) – Embedded Communications 8-Core (20W), Intel® QuickAssist Technology, 7 year support
- A1SAM-2750F (microATX) – High-Performance Turbo Boost Technology enabled 8-Core (20W)
- A1SRM-2758F (microATX) – Embedded Communications 8-Core (20W) Intel® QuickAssist Technology, 7 year
- X10SLV / -Q (Mini-ITX) –Triple display & 7 year support, Intel® 4th Generation Core™ i3/i5/i7
- X10SLQ (microATX) – Next generation Intel Graphics Controller with HDMI/DP/VGA/DVI, 3x independent displays Remote management with Intel® vPro™ AMT 9.0
- X10SLH-F (microATX), X10SAE (ATX) – High-performance Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v3 and 4th Gen Core™ i3
- X10SBA (Mini-ITX) – Compact, low-power (10W) Intel® Celeron J1900 (Bay Trail D), 7 year support
- X9SKV-1125 (Flex ATX) – Communication, Intel® Xeon® E3-1125C (40W) and Intel® Communication chipset 8903, 7 year support
- X9SCAA, X9SBAA, X9SPV-M4-3UE / -F-3217UE (Mini-ITX) – Low power, small footprint uni-processor (UP) MBs supporting Intel Atom and Core processors
- C7H61 (ATX), C7B75 (microATX), X9SCM-iiF (microATX), X9SAE-V (ATX), X9SRH-7F (ATX) – High-performance UP MBs supporting Intel Core or Xeon processor E3-1200 and E5-2600/1600 product families
- High-performance dual-processor (DP) MBs supporting Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product families
- X9DRW-CF31 (WIO 12.3"x13") 8x 12Gb/s SAS3 ports via add-on-module (AOM-S3108-H8)
- X9DRL-EF (ATX) Low-cost optimized for embedded server applications
- X9DRD-EF / -7LNF4 (E-ATX) Optimized for free-air cooling, 6 (x8) PCI-E 3.0
- X9DR7-TF+ (E-ATX) 24x DIMMs supporting up to 1.5TB ECC DDR3, dual 10Gbase-T LAN
- X9DRX+-F (15.2"x13.2") Industry's only 11x PCI-E slot solution
Embedded Server Systems
- SYS-5017K-N6 – New communication appliance featuring Intel® Pentium® B915C processor (15W, 1.5GHz. 3M, Gladden) and Intel® Communication Chipset 8903
- SYS-5018A-MHN4 – 1U (4x 3.5" hot-swap and 2x 2.5" internal HDD/SSD bays, short-depth rackmount Networking and Security Server Appliance, (20W) 8-Core Intel® Atom™ (Rangeley), 7 year support, Intel® QuickAssist Technology
- SYS-5018A-MLTN4 – 1U compact, 2x 3.5" or 4x 2.5" internal HDD/SSDs, low-power (14W) 4-Core Intel® Atom™ (Avoton) C2550, up to 64GB 1600MHz DDR3 ECC or non ECC UDIMM, quad 1GbE LAN ports
- SYS-5018A-FTN4 – 1U ultra-compact, Front I/O quad 1GbE LAN ports, 2x 3.5" or 4x 2.5" internal HDD/SSDs, (20W) 8-Core Intel® Atom™ (Rangeley), 7 year support, Intel® QuickAssist Technology
- Low Power, Compact Mini ITX System Solutions CSE-504-203B chassis and X10SLV-Q. Rear I/O, 1U compact, short depth 9.8" rackmount. 2x 3.5" or optional 4x 2.5" internal SATA2 HDD/SSD bays.
- Box PC built on CSE-101i chassis and X10SLV. Supports Mini-ITX (6.75" x 6.75"), front accessible USB 2.0 and audio ports, 1x internal 2.5" HDD/SSD bay, VESA Mount compatible, optional 60W or 80W power adapters.
Visit Supermicro at Embedded World 2014, February 25 – 27 Nurnberg, Germany, MesseZentrum Exhibition Centre, Hall 1, Booth 406. For more information on Supermicro's complete line of Embedded Building Block Solutions visit www.supermicro.com/Embedded.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, SuperServer, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 1, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,002
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jul. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,959
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 964
To many people, IoT is a buzzword whose value is not understood. Many people think IoT is all about wearables and home automation. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed some incredible game-changing use cases and how they are transforming industries like agriculture, manufacturing, health care, and smart cities. He will discuss cool technologies like smart dust, robotics, smart labels, and much more. Prepare...
Jul. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 688
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,212
SYS-CON Events announced today that JFrog, maker of Artifactory, the popular Binary Repository Manager, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based in California, Israel and France, founded by longtime field-experts, JFrog, creator of Artifactory and Bintray, has provided the market with the first Binary Repository solution and a software distribution social platform.
Jul. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 907
In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist of Cloud Services at VMware, reviewed the changes that the cloud computing industry has gone through over the last five years and shared insights into what the next five will bring. He also chronicled the challenges enterprise companies are facing as they move to the public cloud. He delved into the "Hybrid Cloud" space and explained why every CIO should consider ‘hybrid cloud' as part of their future strategy to achi...
Jul. 1, 2015 11:10 AM EDT Reads: 348
"We have a tagline - "Power in the API Economy." What that means is everything that is built in applications and connected applications is done through APIs," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at Akana, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 396
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 903
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,093
Containers are changing the security landscape for software development and deployment. As with any security solutions, security approaches that work for developers, operations personnel and security professionals is a requirement. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kevin Gilpin, CTO and Co-Founder of Conjur, will discuss various security considerations for container-based infrastructure and related DevOps workflows.
Jul. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 739
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at th...
Jul. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,912
The most often asked question post-DevOps introduction is: “How do I get started?” There’s plenty of information on why DevOps is valid and important, but many managers still struggle with simple basics for how to initiate a DevOps program in their business. They struggle with issues related to current organizational inertia, the lack of experience on Continuous Integration/Delivery, understanding where DevOps will affect revenue and budget, etc. In their session at DevOps Summit, JP Morgenthal...
Jul. 1, 2015 09:32 AM EDT Reads: 403
Agile, which started in the development organization, has gradually expanded into other areas downstream - namely IT and Operations. Teams – then teams of teams – have streamlined processes, improved feedback loops and driven a much faster pace into IT departments which have had profound effects on the entire organization. In his session at DevOps Summit, Anders Wallgren, Chief Technology Officer of Electric Cloud, will discuss how DevOps and Continuous Delivery have emerged to help connect dev...
Jul. 1, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 764
Malicious agents are moving faster than the speed of business. Even more worrisome, most companies are relying on legacy approaches to security that are no longer capable of meeting current threats. In the modern cloud, threat diversity is rapidly expanding, necessitating more sophisticated security protocols than those used in the past or in desktop environments. Yet companies are falling for cloud security myths that were truths at one time but have evolved out of existence.
Jul. 1, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,122