|By Marketwired .||
|February 25, 2014 11:17 AM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 02/25/14 -- Did you know?
You can file your taxes online for free. Many people think that filing online is expensive because it requires using certified tax preparation software. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has a list of CRA-certified commercial tax preparation software packages and web applications to fit all budgets, including options that are free.
- Filing online is easy; all you need is your social insurance number and date of birth.
- Income tax and benefit returns filed online must first be prepared using a CRA-certified tax preparation software or web application. For a list of what's available, including free options, go to www.netfile.gc.ca/software.
- Before filing online, your information, including your address, must be up-to-date. You can look up or change your information online before filing your return by using My Account at www.cra.gc.ca/myaccount.
Why file online?
- CRA certified software and web applications guide you through the process, do all the calculations for you, and make sure you don't miss out on credits and benefits you may be eligible for.
- Filing online helps to ensure there are no interruptions to your Canada child tax benefit and GST/HST credit payments.
- If you file your return online, in most cases you will receive your refund faster. When you file online and sign up for direct deposit, you may receive your refund in as little as eight days! For information on how to request direct deposit, go to www.cra.gc.ca/directdeposit.
- Filing online is secure. The CRA uses the same high level of online security Canadian financial institutions use.
- Last year, more than 75% of Canadians filed their return electronically. Join the majority who are already enjoying the benefits of online filing!
For more information about filing online, go to www.cra.gc.ca/getready and let us walk you through it step by step.
To receive updates when new information is added to our website, you can:
- Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency.
- Subscribe to a CRA electronic mailing list.
- Add our RSS feeds to your feed reader.
You can also watch our tax-related videos on YouTube.
Canada Revenue Agency
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 27, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 564
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 27, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 621
Aug. 27, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 740
Aug. 27, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,331
Aug. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,764
Aug. 27, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,000
Aug. 27, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,730
Aug. 27, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,092
Aug. 27, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,011
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,931
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,151
Aug. 27, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,290
Aug. 26, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,073
Aug. 26, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,858
Aug. 26, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,442