|By Marketwired .||
|February 25, 2014 12:25 PM EST||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 02/25/14 -- March is just days away and that means the official arrival of spring is in sight. For Canadians, that's very welcome news as this year's winter is really putting everyone to the test. In anticipation of the rush for spring getaways, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, asked its data team to see which destinations jumped in popularity for Canadians looking to travel in March. The findings? The five destinations to make Cheapflights.ca's Top 5 March Travel Hot Spots are all southern destinations with warmer temperatures and plenty to do in March.
Whether planning travel for March Break, a grad trip, or simply a much needed getaway, Canadians were paying more attention than usual to the top five hot spots below. They are, in order, the destinations that saw the biggest surges in their rankings for March travel searches on Cheapflights.ca:
1. Myrtle Beach, S.C., USA - March might not be full beach season in Myrtle Beach but, in general, the sun will be shining. So it's a reasonable time of year to bring a bathing suit and certainly your sunscreen. It's an even better time of year to bring your golf clubs. This is serious golf country and, with average temperatures around 18 degrees C, it's hard to imagine a more enjoyable time to be on the course. Both Porter and WestJet serve the airport, so it's an easy escape when winter seems like it may go on forever.
2. Kahului, Maui, Hawaii, USA - Kahului is the gateway to all that Maui has to offer from the beauty of the beaches to the height of Haleakala. This island getaway is popular all year round, though March marks the transition from the relatively rainy season to the sunshine of summer. It is also the final month of whale watching season and of the two-month Maui Whale Festival. Experts say 12,000-14,000 whales come to Hawaii between January and March each year and are particularly drawn to the waters off of Maui. Add in the Canadian families looking to make the most of March break and you get a good crowd.
3. San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA - There is no shortage of reasons to visit Puerto Rico in March. It's warm, sunny and dry. It's an accessible and affordable destination for families and students on break. And there's entertainment to fit almost any audience. From Festival Casals (Feb. 22 - March 15), which honours cellist Pable Casals, to the Carnaval de Ponce (Feb. 26 - March 4), the local party leading into Lent, to JazzFest (March 20 - 23), with its celebration of Latin musicians, there is barely a break in the beat. The best way to get some peace and quiet might actually be to drop by the PGA's Puerto Rico OPEN (March 6 - 9).
4. St. Petersburg, Fla., USA - The Tampa Bay area beckons with beaches and baseball in March. The small St. Petersburg - Clearwater International Airport takes great advantage of this, positioning itself as the fast and easy path to the beaches of the Gulf Coast. This airport, which is served primarily by budget airlines, cites strong recent growth numbers. It will be a long time before it challenges Tampa International as the areas dominant airport but, with non-stop flights from Toronto on SunWing, it's not surprising to see its popularity growing -- particularly now since the Blue Jays are in spring training all March in Dunedin, just 20 kilometres from the airport.
5. New Orleans, La., USA - Why March in New Orleans this year? Two words: Mardi Gras! Fat Tuesday itself lands on March 4 this year and the whole first weekend of March is parades, parties and people watching. Each day gets more festive, right up to the costumed madness of Mardi Gras Day. Not surprisingly, out-of-towners flock to the Big Easy ever year for the fun. Of course, St. Patrick's Day in New Orleans also turns into a party. Parades roll again but, along with green beads, expect to catch carrots, potatoes and the occasional head of cabbage -- all the fixings for your corned beef dinner.
Cheapflights.ca's Top 5 March Travel Hot Spots is available online at www.cheapflights.ca/travel/top-5-march-travel-hot-spots.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 15 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2528424
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 24, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,038
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,158
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 24, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,899
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 24, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,778
Akana has announced the availability of version 8 of its API Management solution. The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. Version 8 introduces a lot of new functionality, all aimed at offering customers the richest API Management capabilities in a way that is easier than ever for API and app developers to use.
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,384
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Aug. 24, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,252
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 24, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,849
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 24, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,572
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 24, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,050
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 24, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,846
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,803
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 23, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,206
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 23, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,482
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 23, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,644
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,972