|By Marketwired .||
|February 25, 2014 12:25 PM EST||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 02/25/14 -- March is just days away and that means the official arrival of spring is in sight. For Canadians, that's very welcome news as this year's winter is really putting everyone to the test. In anticipation of the rush for spring getaways, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, asked its data team to see which destinations jumped in popularity for Canadians looking to travel in March. The findings? The five destinations to make Cheapflights.ca's Top 5 March Travel Hot Spots are all southern destinations with warmer temperatures and plenty to do in March.
Whether planning travel for March Break, a grad trip, or simply a much needed getaway, Canadians were paying more attention than usual to the top five hot spots below. They are, in order, the destinations that saw the biggest surges in their rankings for March travel searches on Cheapflights.ca:
1. Myrtle Beach, S.C., USA - March might not be full beach season in Myrtle Beach but, in general, the sun will be shining. So it's a reasonable time of year to bring a bathing suit and certainly your sunscreen. It's an even better time of year to bring your golf clubs. This is serious golf country and, with average temperatures around 18 degrees C, it's hard to imagine a more enjoyable time to be on the course. Both Porter and WestJet serve the airport, so it's an easy escape when winter seems like it may go on forever.
2. Kahului, Maui, Hawaii, USA - Kahului is the gateway to all that Maui has to offer from the beauty of the beaches to the height of Haleakala. This island getaway is popular all year round, though March marks the transition from the relatively rainy season to the sunshine of summer. It is also the final month of whale watching season and of the two-month Maui Whale Festival. Experts say 12,000-14,000 whales come to Hawaii between January and March each year and are particularly drawn to the waters off of Maui. Add in the Canadian families looking to make the most of March break and you get a good crowd.
3. San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA - There is no shortage of reasons to visit Puerto Rico in March. It's warm, sunny and dry. It's an accessible and affordable destination for families and students on break. And there's entertainment to fit almost any audience. From Festival Casals (Feb. 22 - March 15), which honours cellist Pable Casals, to the Carnaval de Ponce (Feb. 26 - March 4), the local party leading into Lent, to JazzFest (March 20 - 23), with its celebration of Latin musicians, there is barely a break in the beat. The best way to get some peace and quiet might actually be to drop by the PGA's Puerto Rico OPEN (March 6 - 9).
4. St. Petersburg, Fla., USA - The Tampa Bay area beckons with beaches and baseball in March. The small St. Petersburg - Clearwater International Airport takes great advantage of this, positioning itself as the fast and easy path to the beaches of the Gulf Coast. This airport, which is served primarily by budget airlines, cites strong recent growth numbers. It will be a long time before it challenges Tampa International as the areas dominant airport but, with non-stop flights from Toronto on SunWing, it's not surprising to see its popularity growing -- particularly now since the Blue Jays are in spring training all March in Dunedin, just 20 kilometres from the airport.
5. New Orleans, La., USA - Why March in New Orleans this year? Two words: Mardi Gras! Fat Tuesday itself lands on March 4 this year and the whole first weekend of March is parades, parties and people watching. Each day gets more festive, right up to the costumed madness of Mardi Gras Day. Not surprisingly, out-of-towners flock to the Big Easy ever year for the fun. Of course, St. Patrick's Day in New Orleans also turns into a party. Parades roll again but, along with green beads, expect to catch carrots, potatoes and the occasional head of cabbage -- all the fixings for your corned beef dinner.
Cheapflights.ca's Top 5 March Travel Hot Spots is available online at www.cheapflights.ca/travel/top-5-march-travel-hot-spots.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 15 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2528424
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 14, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 387
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 14, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 433
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, will discuss how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved effi...
Feb. 14, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 291
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 314
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 13, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 258
Data-as-a-Service is the complete package for the transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets and the delivery of those data assets. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lakshmi Randall, an industry expert, analyst and strategist, will address: What is DaaS (Data-as-a-Service)? Challenges addressed by DaaS Vendors that are enabling DaaS Architecture options for DaaS
Feb. 13, 2016 08:45 PM EST Reads: 400
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 13, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 151
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 13, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 420
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 13, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 208
CIOs and those charged with running IT Operations are challenged to deliver secure, audited, and reliable compute environments for the applications and data for the business. Behind the scenes these tasks are often accomplished by following onerous time-consuming processes and often the management of these environments and processes will be outsourced to multiple IT service providers. In addition, the division of work is often siloed into traditional "towers" that are not well integrated for cro...
Feb. 13, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 513
SYS-CON Events announced today that FalconStor Software® Inc., a 15-year innovator of software-defined storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. FalconStor Software®, Inc. (NASDAQ: FALC) is a leading software-defined storage company offering a converged, hardware-agnostic, software-defined storage and data services platform. Its flagship solution FreeStor®, utilizes a horizonta...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 PM EST
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 259
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 13, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 148
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 13, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 292
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 479