|By Marketwired .||
|February 25, 2014 12:25 PM EST||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 02/25/14 -- March is just days away and that means the official arrival of spring is in sight. For Canadians, that's very welcome news as this year's winter is really putting everyone to the test. In anticipation of the rush for spring getaways, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, asked its data team to see which destinations jumped in popularity for Canadians looking to travel in March. The findings? The five destinations to make Cheapflights.ca's Top 5 March Travel Hot Spots are all southern destinations with warmer temperatures and plenty to do in March.
Whether planning travel for March Break, a grad trip, or simply a much needed getaway, Canadians were paying more attention than usual to the top five hot spots below. They are, in order, the destinations that saw the biggest surges in their rankings for March travel searches on Cheapflights.ca:
1. Myrtle Beach, S.C., USA - March might not be full beach season in Myrtle Beach but, in general, the sun will be shining. So it's a reasonable time of year to bring a bathing suit and certainly your sunscreen. It's an even better time of year to bring your golf clubs. This is serious golf country and, with average temperatures around 18 degrees C, it's hard to imagine a more enjoyable time to be on the course. Both Porter and WestJet serve the airport, so it's an easy escape when winter seems like it may go on forever.
2. Kahului, Maui, Hawaii, USA - Kahului is the gateway to all that Maui has to offer from the beauty of the beaches to the height of Haleakala. This island getaway is popular all year round, though March marks the transition from the relatively rainy season to the sunshine of summer. It is also the final month of whale watching season and of the two-month Maui Whale Festival. Experts say 12,000-14,000 whales come to Hawaii between January and March each year and are particularly drawn to the waters off of Maui. Add in the Canadian families looking to make the most of March break and you get a good crowd.
3. San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA - There is no shortage of reasons to visit Puerto Rico in March. It's warm, sunny and dry. It's an accessible and affordable destination for families and students on break. And there's entertainment to fit almost any audience. From Festival Casals (Feb. 22 - March 15), which honours cellist Pable Casals, to the Carnaval de Ponce (Feb. 26 - March 4), the local party leading into Lent, to JazzFest (March 20 - 23), with its celebration of Latin musicians, there is barely a break in the beat. The best way to get some peace and quiet might actually be to drop by the PGA's Puerto Rico OPEN (March 6 - 9).
4. St. Petersburg, Fla., USA - The Tampa Bay area beckons with beaches and baseball in March. The small St. Petersburg - Clearwater International Airport takes great advantage of this, positioning itself as the fast and easy path to the beaches of the Gulf Coast. This airport, which is served primarily by budget airlines, cites strong recent growth numbers. It will be a long time before it challenges Tampa International as the areas dominant airport but, with non-stop flights from Toronto on SunWing, it's not surprising to see its popularity growing -- particularly now since the Blue Jays are in spring training all March in Dunedin, just 20 kilometres from the airport.
5. New Orleans, La., USA - Why March in New Orleans this year? Two words: Mardi Gras! Fat Tuesday itself lands on March 4 this year and the whole first weekend of March is parades, parties and people watching. Each day gets more festive, right up to the costumed madness of Mardi Gras Day. Not surprisingly, out-of-towners flock to the Big Easy ever year for the fun. Of course, St. Patrick's Day in New Orleans also turns into a party. Parades roll again but, along with green beads, expect to catch carrots, potatoes and the occasional head of cabbage -- all the fixings for your corned beef dinner.
Cheapflights.ca's Top 5 March Travel Hot Spots is available online at www.cheapflights.ca/travel/top-5-march-travel-hot-spots.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 15 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2528424
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Oct. 27, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,004
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Oct. 27, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,930
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 27, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,086
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 27, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,053
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 27, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,034
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,254
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,213
DevOps theory promotes a culture of continuous improvement built on collaboration, empowerment, systems thinking, and feedback loops. But how do you collaborate effectively across the traditional silos? How can you make decisions without system-wide visibility? How can you see the whole system when it is spread across teams and locations? How do you close feedback loops across teams and activities delivering complex multi-tier, cloud, container, serverless, and/or API-based services?
Oct. 27, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,138
Today every business relies on software to drive the innovation necessary for a competitive edge in the Application Economy. This is why collaboration between development and operations, or DevOps, has become IT’s number one priority. Whether you are in Dev or Ops, understanding how to implement a DevOps strategy can deliver faster development cycles, improved software quality, reduced deployment times and overall better experiences for your customers.
Oct. 27, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 982
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 452
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 27, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,877
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that cl...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 482
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his session at @DevOpsSummit 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will show how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that enables everyon...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,362
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 772
“Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CloudBerry Backup is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,509