|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2014 01:34 PM EST||
BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 25, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - EXO U, Inc. (TSX-V:EXO), unveils the next release of its award-winning, cross-OS application engine and user interface ("UI") at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain (Hall 1, Booth G1.22). EXO's UI enables Bring Your Own Device ("BYOD") by providing the same snappy user experience on top of 5 different operating systems (OS's), with or without Internet connectivity.
As the number of operating systems and form factors proliferates, the challenge of managing these devices continues to escalate. Developers are forced to pick and choose which operating systems they will support. But with EXO U's latest software release EXO UI 3.0, IT administrators are able to easily develop, manage, and deploy applications to their workforces, dramatically improving productivity for development resources and staff while saving on infrastructure and connectivity costs.
EXO U enables the same user experience across different OS's, and allows developers to run the same apps on several different devices and form factors. From the device's hardware to on premise networking and infrastructure, EXO U integrates with existing systems in order to deliver a simple, intuitive UI that is easy to use, easy to manage, and easy to build on.
EXO U's platform stands apart in the following areas:
- Unified Experience across All Devices - from the developer to the end user, everyone can focus on a great user experience. A user experience at its simplest, consistent across any devices, enabling true BYOD.
- Snappy and Flawless - less than a second to start using an app, supports offline mode, and is not dependent on the quality of the connectivity. Delivers greater productivity to your workforce with tools that are so simple and intuitive, they rival their consumer counterparts.
- Collaborative - removes the barriers to collaboration with the EXO U framework. With its hybrid server and peer-to-peer model, EXO UI delivers a natural and consistent collaborative experience.
- Always On - EXO UI and apps run online and offline. Using local static data and data synchronization improves responsiveness, optimizes bandwidth usage and enables offline productivity. Ensures end users can continue to collaborate in peer-to-peer mode.
- Full control - The EXO UI is a sandboxed, protected area running on the device that creates a dual persona. IT administrators have full-control of the sandbox from the EXO U provided management console which allows them to administer security policies, provision apps and data, and manage users.
Private Beta Program Now Open
Today, EXO U opens its private beta program to allow key partners, customers, and developers to explore the possibilities of the EXO U solution within their computing environments.
The private beta gives developers and partners access to:
- The latest release of EXO U's snappy, award winning solution consisting of the EXO UI, Collaborative Workspace, and IT Management Console;
- Preview of exciting cross-OS applications; and
EXO U pushes the limits of any web model by solving the problem of fragmentation and software deployment, revealing a fast, efficient, productive and collaborative world while reducing the costs and risks related to the infrastructure.
- Snappy experience - working fast is addictive. It increases self-confidence and avoid millions of seconds lost waiting for a web pages or slow software
- Productivity is not lost when Internet connectivity is poor or down
- Mix of real-time and asynchronous collaboration allows users to concentrate on their tasks while sharing live moments
- Evolutionary with a development kit allowing fast, cross OS apps development with access to both client-side and server-side resources, with support of peer-to-peer protocols
- Sandboxed environment with secure communication between devices and with the servers, and full control of this environment, with no impact on the rest of the device
"The interface created by EXO U is what schools need: a solution that facilitates implementing BYOD, while allowing the teacher to focus on teaching" Thierry KARSENTI (@thierryUdM), MA, M.Ed., Ph.D. Canada Research Chair in Technologies in Education
The challenge is huge when teachers need to support a classroom running multiple operating systems. With the same UI running on top of any OS, a teacher can manage his/her classroom, push content and activities, and prevent students from socializing on the web during class time.
- Same interface, same apps on all the devices, ensures teachers won't have to become IT specialists
- Instant and easy sharing of digital content with an ability to select all of the students or individual students
- Classroom management which can prevent students from socializing online during class or exploring the web during an exam
- Keeps running when Internet is down
- Allow the teacher to access the technology available everywhere in his/her environment, from the student's devices to the whiteboard, and focus on his/her classroom.
About EXO U
EXO U (TSX-V:EXO) enables businesses and educational organizations to securely manage information and empower people to communicate their best ideas through application interoperability across desktop and mobile computing environments. We simplify the management of the entire application lifecycle, helping clients manage enterprise mobility and BYOD initiatives, ensure the security and privacy of information, increase productivity, and reduce the total cost of ownership for existing and future IT investments. Our technology agnostic framework offers end users a universal collaborative workspace with a unique, safe and attractive experience for current and future digital content and applications.
DISCLAIMER IN REGARDS TO FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
Certain statements made in this press release that are not historical facts are forward-looking and are subject to important risks, uncertainties and assumptions. The results or events predicted in these forward -looking statements may differ materially from actual results or events. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. For additional information with respect to certain of these and other assumptions and risk factors, please refer to EXO U's management's discussion and analysis dated September 29, 2013 available under the Corporation's profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. The forward- looking information contained in this press release represents EXO U's current expectations. EXO U disclaims any intention and assumes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking information, except by applicable securities laws.
"Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts any responsibility for the adequacy of this release.
SOURCE EXO U Inc
Image with caption: "EXO UI working on 5 different operating systems. (CNW Group/EXO U Inc)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140225_C7190_PHOTO_EN_37132.jpg
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 938
Jul. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,110
Jul. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,632
Jul. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 667
Jul. 25, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 649
Jul. 25, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,091
Jul. 25, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 891
Jul. 25, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,979
Jul. 25, 2016 09:12 AM EDT Reads: 178
Jul. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,323
Jul. 25, 2016 08:50 AM EDT Reads: 216
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,265
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,556
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,044
Ovum, a leading technology analyst firm, has published an in-depth report, Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016–17. The report focuses on the automation aspects of DevOps, Release Management and compares solutions from the leading vendors.
Jul. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,644