|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2014 01:49 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicom (NYSE: OMC) agencies will share a wide range of digital expertise and technologies at this year's South by Southwest Interactive Festival, held March 7-11 in Austin, TX. These programs are designed to help clients and attendees navigate such critical industry issues as real-time marketing, social media engagement, mobile, privacy and talent development.
"As trends in technology rise and fall and everything digital goes mainstream, SXSW Interactive is an important conference for marketers who want to keep their fingers on the pulse of the latest innovations," said Jonathan Nelson, CEO, Omnicom Digital. "I am pleased that Omnicom has such a broad bench of leading digital talent at the festival, sharing their expertise, with the goal of helping our clients find new and creative ways to engage with their customers in the increasingly complex post-digital era."
Omnicom agencies' programming during the festival includes:
Friday, March 7
- FleishmanHillard has created a real-time marketing "black box" nerve center to engage with festival attendees showcasing the latest social media tools and trends coming out of SXSW.
- RAPP will partner with Econsultancy to host two thought leader roundtable discussions titled, "Digital Transformation" and "Trends and When They Matter." RAPP will also host a Grand Experience for festival attendees.
- Privacy Under the Covers, Critical Mass
- Organic launches its annual innovation scavenger hunt. Teams will compete using SXSW as a playground for discovery. Their mission? To find meaningful new technologies that inspire ideas for business transformation now and in the future.
- PHD's Grady Creative Collective, a collaborative research partnership with the University of Georgia, kicks off their SXSW journey with a series of one-on-ones between execs from Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, AOL, Yahoo, Spotify and more. Experience SXSW like a millennial and follow all the action and insights they capture on their blog.
Saturday, March 8
- Why Reading is Flawed, TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- The Age of The Alchemist: 2nd Edition, DDB
- Is Data the New Media, OMMA at SXSW, Organic
- The Digital Marketing Workshop, Annalect
- Dish the Dirt – Agency Business & Legal Affairs Meet Up, GSD&M
- As part of International Women's Day, #Omnicomwomen will host a reception at FleishmanHillard's black box lounge showcasing how agencies inspire change.
Sunday, March 9
- Third Annual Bookstraps Barbecue will bring start-ups and big brands together hosted by OMD's Ignition Factory.
- Ketchum, along with partners Zocalo Group and Access Communications, will host a SXSW Interactive Reception, open to digital partners and influencers. Please RSVP here.
Monday, March 10
- Reddit, You're Doing it Wrong, TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- DDB New York and United States Tennis Association (USTA) will host an interactive installation, titled "Tennis Makes You," at the AT&T Convention Center. The installation invites SXSW attendees to personalize their own version of USTA's new online films, "Tennis Makes You." The shareable videos will be curated on USTA's YouTube page.
- OMD and Women in Media Mentoring Initiative (WIMMI) #Unplugged, "The effects of powering off…when it's productive…and when it's personal" will be a theme explored by female leaders from OMD USA, Spotify, BlogHer, Valley Girl, and AOL.
- Joan vs. Don: Female Leadership in Digital Agencies, TBWA\Digital Arts Network, Sydney
- To continue an SXSW tradition, GSD&M will open its doors to 3,000+ attendees to celebrate the festival, Austin, art, great live music and some of the best food and drinks in the city.
Tuesday, March 11
- Wave Harder; Can Gesture Control Work in Retail, The Integer Group and TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- Stronger than a Seance: Resurrecting Jerry Garcia, Critical Mass
About Omnicom Group
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE-OMC) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. For further information on Omnicom and its brands, please visit www.omnicomgroup.com
SOURCE Omnicom Group
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU's GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes. In...
Dec. 5, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,075
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 5, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,183
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 5, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,698
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 5, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,014
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 5, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,153
"Coalfire is a cyber-risk, security and compliance assessment and advisory services firm. We do a lot of work with the cloud service provider community," explained Ryan McGowan, Vice President, Sales (West) at Coalfire Systems, Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 836
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 665
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:34 PM EST Reads: 169
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 941
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,287
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, sha...
Dec. 5, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 925
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 5, 2016 11:38 AM EST Reads: 196
CloudJumper, a Workspace as a Service (WaaS) platform innovator for agile business IT, has been recognized with the Customer Value Leadership Award for its nWorkSpace platform by Frost & Sullivan. The company was also featured in a new report(1) by the industry research firm titled, “Desktop-as-a-Service Buyer’s Guide, 2016,” which provides a comprehensive comparison of DaaS providers, including CloudJumper, Amazon, VMware, and Microsoft.
Dec. 5, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 786
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 5, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 763
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 940