|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2014 01:49 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicom (NYSE: OMC) agencies will share a wide range of digital expertise and technologies at this year's South by Southwest Interactive Festival, held March 7-11 in Austin, TX. These programs are designed to help clients and attendees navigate such critical industry issues as real-time marketing, social media engagement, mobile, privacy and talent development.
"As trends in technology rise and fall and everything digital goes mainstream, SXSW Interactive is an important conference for marketers who want to keep their fingers on the pulse of the latest innovations," said Jonathan Nelson, CEO, Omnicom Digital. "I am pleased that Omnicom has such a broad bench of leading digital talent at the festival, sharing their expertise, with the goal of helping our clients find new and creative ways to engage with their customers in the increasingly complex post-digital era."
Omnicom agencies' programming during the festival includes:
Friday, March 7
- FleishmanHillard has created a real-time marketing "black box" nerve center to engage with festival attendees showcasing the latest social media tools and trends coming out of SXSW.
- RAPP will partner with Econsultancy to host two thought leader roundtable discussions titled, "Digital Transformation" and "Trends and When They Matter." RAPP will also host a Grand Experience for festival attendees.
- Privacy Under the Covers, Critical Mass
- Organic launches its annual innovation scavenger hunt. Teams will compete using SXSW as a playground for discovery. Their mission? To find meaningful new technologies that inspire ideas for business transformation now and in the future.
- PHD's Grady Creative Collective, a collaborative research partnership with the University of Georgia, kicks off their SXSW journey with a series of one-on-ones between execs from Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, AOL, Yahoo, Spotify and more. Experience SXSW like a millennial and follow all the action and insights they capture on their blog.
Saturday, March 8
- Why Reading is Flawed, TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- The Age of The Alchemist: 2nd Edition, DDB
- Is Data the New Media, OMMA at SXSW, Organic
- The Digital Marketing Workshop, Annalect
- Dish the Dirt – Agency Business & Legal Affairs Meet Up, GSD&M
- As part of International Women's Day, #Omnicomwomen will host a reception at FleishmanHillard's black box lounge showcasing how agencies inspire change.
Sunday, March 9
- Third Annual Bookstraps Barbecue will bring start-ups and big brands together hosted by OMD's Ignition Factory.
- Ketchum, along with partners Zocalo Group and Access Communications, will host a SXSW Interactive Reception, open to digital partners and influencers. Please RSVP here.
Monday, March 10
- Reddit, You're Doing it Wrong, TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- DDB New York and United States Tennis Association (USTA) will host an interactive installation, titled "Tennis Makes You," at the AT&T Convention Center. The installation invites SXSW attendees to personalize their own version of USTA's new online films, "Tennis Makes You." The shareable videos will be curated on USTA's YouTube page.
- OMD and Women in Media Mentoring Initiative (WIMMI) #Unplugged, "The effects of powering off…when it's productive…and when it's personal" will be a theme explored by female leaders from OMD USA, Spotify, BlogHer, Valley Girl, and AOL.
- Joan vs. Don: Female Leadership in Digital Agencies, TBWA\Digital Arts Network, Sydney
- To continue an SXSW tradition, GSD&M will open its doors to 3,000+ attendees to celebrate the festival, Austin, art, great live music and some of the best food and drinks in the city.
Tuesday, March 11
- Wave Harder; Can Gesture Control Work in Retail, The Integer Group and TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- Stronger than a Seance: Resurrecting Jerry Garcia, Critical Mass
About Omnicom Group
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE-OMC) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. For further information on Omnicom and its brands, please visit www.omnicomgroup.com
SOURCE Omnicom Group
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Oct. 25, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,655
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,784
Although it has gained significant traction in the consumer space, IoT is still in the early stages of adoption in enterprises environments. However, many companies are working on initiatives like Industry 4.0 that includes IoT as one of the key disruptive technologies expected to reshape businesses of tomorrow. The key challenges will be availability, robustness and reliability of networks that connect devices in a business environment. Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) is expected to...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,044
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,151
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:42 AM EDT
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,007
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,108
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,594
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,516
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will present at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they manag...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,641
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 25, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,915
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,674
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,533
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect...
Oct. 25, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,679
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Oct. 25, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,063