|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2014 01:49 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicom (NYSE: OMC) agencies will share a wide range of digital expertise and technologies at this year's South by Southwest Interactive Festival, held March 7-11 in Austin, TX. These programs are designed to help clients and attendees navigate such critical industry issues as real-time marketing, social media engagement, mobile, privacy and talent development.
"As trends in technology rise and fall and everything digital goes mainstream, SXSW Interactive is an important conference for marketers who want to keep their fingers on the pulse of the latest innovations," said Jonathan Nelson, CEO, Omnicom Digital. "I am pleased that Omnicom has such a broad bench of leading digital talent at the festival, sharing their expertise, with the goal of helping our clients find new and creative ways to engage with their customers in the increasingly complex post-digital era."
Omnicom agencies' programming during the festival includes:
Friday, March 7
- FleishmanHillard has created a real-time marketing "black box" nerve center to engage with festival attendees showcasing the latest social media tools and trends coming out of SXSW.
- RAPP will partner with Econsultancy to host two thought leader roundtable discussions titled, "Digital Transformation" and "Trends and When They Matter." RAPP will also host a Grand Experience for festival attendees.
- Privacy Under the Covers, Critical Mass
- Organic launches its annual innovation scavenger hunt. Teams will compete using SXSW as a playground for discovery. Their mission? To find meaningful new technologies that inspire ideas for business transformation now and in the future.
- PHD's Grady Creative Collective, a collaborative research partnership with the University of Georgia, kicks off their SXSW journey with a series of one-on-ones between execs from Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, AOL, Yahoo, Spotify and more. Experience SXSW like a millennial and follow all the action and insights they capture on their blog.
Saturday, March 8
- Why Reading is Flawed, TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- The Age of The Alchemist: 2nd Edition, DDB
- Is Data the New Media, OMMA at SXSW, Organic
- The Digital Marketing Workshop, Annalect
- Dish the Dirt – Agency Business & Legal Affairs Meet Up, GSD&M
- As part of International Women's Day, #Omnicomwomen will host a reception at FleishmanHillard's black box lounge showcasing how agencies inspire change.
Sunday, March 9
- Third Annual Bookstraps Barbecue will bring start-ups and big brands together hosted by OMD's Ignition Factory.
- Ketchum, along with partners Zocalo Group and Access Communications, will host a SXSW Interactive Reception, open to digital partners and influencers. Please RSVP here.
Monday, March 10
- Reddit, You're Doing it Wrong, TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- DDB New York and United States Tennis Association (USTA) will host an interactive installation, titled "Tennis Makes You," at the AT&T Convention Center. The installation invites SXSW attendees to personalize their own version of USTA's new online films, "Tennis Makes You." The shareable videos will be curated on USTA's YouTube page.
- OMD and Women in Media Mentoring Initiative (WIMMI) #Unplugged, "The effects of powering off…when it's productive…and when it's personal" will be a theme explored by female leaders from OMD USA, Spotify, BlogHer, Valley Girl, and AOL.
- Joan vs. Don: Female Leadership in Digital Agencies, TBWA\Digital Arts Network, Sydney
- To continue an SXSW tradition, GSD&M will open its doors to 3,000+ attendees to celebrate the festival, Austin, art, great live music and some of the best food and drinks in the city.
Tuesday, March 11
- Wave Harder; Can Gesture Control Work in Retail, The Integer Group and TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- Stronger than a Seance: Resurrecting Jerry Garcia, Critical Mass
About Omnicom Group
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE-OMC) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. For further information on Omnicom and its brands, please visit www.omnicomgroup.com
SOURCE Omnicom Group
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 459
The web app is agile. The REST API is agile. The testing and planning are agile. But alas, data infrastructures certainly are not. Once an application matures, changing the shape or indexing scheme of data often forces at best a top down planning exercise and at worst includes schema changes that force downtime. The time has come for a new approach that fundamentally advances the agility of distributed data infrastructures. Come learn about a new solution to the problems faced by software organ...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 115
In 2014, the market witnessed a massive migration to the cloud as enterprises finally overcame their fears of the cloud’s viability, security, etc. Over the past 18 months, AWS, Google and Microsoft have waged an ongoing battle through a wave of price cuts and new features. For IT executives, sorting through all the noise to make the best cloud investment decisions has become daunting. Enterprises can and are moving away from a "one size fits all" cloud approach. The new competitive field has ...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 126
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 266
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 424
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,575
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 388
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:37 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 348
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so the...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 208
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device acce...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 278
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,579
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Com...
Sep. 2, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,561
Moving an existing on-premise infrastructure into the cloud can be a complex and daunting proposition. It is critical to understand the benefits as well as the challenges associated with either a full or hybrid approach. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Richard Weiss, Principal Consultant at Pythian, will present a roadmap that can be leveraged by any organization to plan, analyze, evaluate and execute on a cloud migration solution. He will review the five major cloud transformation phases a...
Sep. 2, 2015 03:30 PM EDT