|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2014 01:49 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicom (NYSE: OMC) agencies will share a wide range of digital expertise and technologies at this year's South by Southwest Interactive Festival, held March 7-11 in Austin, TX. These programs are designed to help clients and attendees navigate such critical industry issues as real-time marketing, social media engagement, mobile, privacy and talent development.
"As trends in technology rise and fall and everything digital goes mainstream, SXSW Interactive is an important conference for marketers who want to keep their fingers on the pulse of the latest innovations," said Jonathan Nelson, CEO, Omnicom Digital. "I am pleased that Omnicom has such a broad bench of leading digital talent at the festival, sharing their expertise, with the goal of helping our clients find new and creative ways to engage with their customers in the increasingly complex post-digital era."
Omnicom agencies' programming during the festival includes:
Friday, March 7
- FleishmanHillard has created a real-time marketing "black box" nerve center to engage with festival attendees showcasing the latest social media tools and trends coming out of SXSW.
- RAPP will partner with Econsultancy to host two thought leader roundtable discussions titled, "Digital Transformation" and "Trends and When They Matter." RAPP will also host a Grand Experience for festival attendees.
- Privacy Under the Covers, Critical Mass
- Organic launches its annual innovation scavenger hunt. Teams will compete using SXSW as a playground for discovery. Their mission? To find meaningful new technologies that inspire ideas for business transformation now and in the future.
- PHD's Grady Creative Collective, a collaborative research partnership with the University of Georgia, kicks off their SXSW journey with a series of one-on-ones between execs from Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, AOL, Yahoo, Spotify and more. Experience SXSW like a millennial and follow all the action and insights they capture on their blog.
Saturday, March 8
- Why Reading is Flawed, TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- The Age of The Alchemist: 2nd Edition, DDB
- Is Data the New Media, OMMA at SXSW, Organic
- The Digital Marketing Workshop, Annalect
- Dish the Dirt – Agency Business & Legal Affairs Meet Up, GSD&M
- As part of International Women's Day, #Omnicomwomen will host a reception at FleishmanHillard's black box lounge showcasing how agencies inspire change.
Sunday, March 9
- Third Annual Bookstraps Barbecue will bring start-ups and big brands together hosted by OMD's Ignition Factory.
- Ketchum, along with partners Zocalo Group and Access Communications, will host a SXSW Interactive Reception, open to digital partners and influencers. Please RSVP here.
Monday, March 10
- Reddit, You're Doing it Wrong, TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- DDB New York and United States Tennis Association (USTA) will host an interactive installation, titled "Tennis Makes You," at the AT&T Convention Center. The installation invites SXSW attendees to personalize their own version of USTA's new online films, "Tennis Makes You." The shareable videos will be curated on USTA's YouTube page.
- OMD and Women in Media Mentoring Initiative (WIMMI) #Unplugged, "The effects of powering off…when it's productive…and when it's personal" will be a theme explored by female leaders from OMD USA, Spotify, BlogHer, Valley Girl, and AOL.
- Joan vs. Don: Female Leadership in Digital Agencies, TBWA\Digital Arts Network, Sydney
- To continue an SXSW tradition, GSD&M will open its doors to 3,000+ attendees to celebrate the festival, Austin, art, great live music and some of the best food and drinks in the city.
Tuesday, March 11
- Wave Harder; Can Gesture Control Work in Retail, The Integer Group and TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- Stronger than a Seance: Resurrecting Jerry Garcia, Critical Mass
About Omnicom Group
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE-OMC) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. For further information on Omnicom and its brands, please visit www.omnicomgroup.com
SOURCE Omnicom Group
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Sep. 26, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 395
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Sep. 26, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,671
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Sep. 26, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,990
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they mana...
Sep. 26, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,740
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,385
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,157
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,591
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,898
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 26, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,597
Vidyo, Inc., has joined the Alliance for Open Media. The Alliance for Open Media is a non-profit organization working to define and develop media technologies that address the need for an open standard for video compression and delivery over the web. As a member of the Alliance, Vidyo will collaborate with industry leaders in pursuit of an open and royalty-free AOMedia Video codec, AV1. Vidyo’s contributions to the organization will bring to bear its long history of expertise in codec technolo...
Sep. 26, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,615
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,729
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Sep. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,837
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,122
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,621
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 26, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,038