|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2014 03:05 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A year in advance, ultra-luxe Crystal Cruises has released more than 350 Crystal Adventures for its 2015/20th annual World Cruise -- a 30% increase in shore-side options over 2014's voyage. Half-day, full day, and multiple-day excursions, more than 40 of them new, can now be previewed and pre-reserved at crystalcruises.com. Outings to date include multiple-night Overland Adventures in Africa, the Galapagos, and Andes; visits to Aboriginal, Incan, and Catholic spiritual centers; nighttime grooves at South American hotspots; outdoor sporting activities through rivers, oceans, jungle and skies from Tahiti to Turks & Caicos; cultural liaising with Zulu, Amazonian, and Easter Island villagers; and more. The 108-day voyage celebrates Crystal's 25th year of sailing with Crystal Serenity's first-ever circumnavigation of the globe, sailing to 44 ports of call in 23 countries, roundtrip from Miami starting January 25.
"Our World Cruisers are savvy travelers with diverse interests. With a record number of them aboard for 2015, we crafted an especially varied and rich array of ways for guests to explore the globe," says John Stoll, vice president of land programs. "Releasing Adventures this early gives everyone months to digest and savor the sights and destinations both opulent and intimate, so the days leading up to the cruise itself can be filled with anticipation and detailed daydreams."
Excursion highlights include:
- 17 Overland Adventures that delve deeper via overnight trips away from port, including:
- A four-day Galapagos Islands cruise on luxury expedition ship
- An Andes immersion, featuring UNESCO World Heritage cities and a hairpin-turn train ride through the mountains
- South African "glamping" safaris
- Spiritual centering at holy and hard-to-reach sanctuaries, such as:
- Peruvian temples, including Machu Picchu
- Ayers Rock, Aboriginal Australians' most sacred site
- Private mass at Rio's Christ the Redeemer statue, an exclusive Crystal Boutique Adventure
- South American rhythms of the night, thanks to overnights in port and late departures. Private performances, classes, and nightclub visits showcase the:
- Tango in Buenos Aires
- Samba in Rio
- Salsa in Santa Marta
- Extreme land, air, and sea adventures, including:
- River rafting down New Zealand's Rangitaiki River
- Trekking through the dense jungle of Ecuadorean wildlife reserves
- Deep-sea fishing or advanced scuba diving in Turks & Caicos
- Helicopter-ing over Tahiti, Australia's Great Ocean Road, South Africa's Drakensberg Mountains, The Hobbit locations, and New Zealand's only active marine volcano
- Venturing off the beaten path to learn the culture from locals, who will teach ancient traditions and welcome guests into their homes and villages in:
- Easter Island
- The Amazon
- South African Zulu country
- Napier, New Zealand
- Regional arts and crafts, wherein guests can:
- Be personally guided through Mozambique sculptor Alberto Chissano's life and work by his grandson
- Visit the Montevideo, Uruguay home and atelier of artist Carlos Páez Vilaró
- Make their own Panama hat at an Ecuadorian weaving school
- Philanthropic opportunities to give back with complimentary You Care, We Care excursions, like:
- Assisting with daily activities at children's organizations in Durban and Cape Town
- Planting trees at New Zealand's Penguin Place
More excursions, for locales like Madagascar and Macapa (both 2015 maiden calls) are expected to be added online in the coming months. Crystal will also host two grand-scale shore-side events showcasing local culture, complimentary for all guests sailing the full voyage.
The epic 2015 World Cruise, which many travelers consider the ultimate luxury travel experience, is comprised of six, 15- to 21-day segments sailing through Central and South America, the South Pacific, New Zealand, Australia, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, South Africa, and the Caribbean. Fares for World Cruise Crystal Adventures range from just $29 to $5,699 per person.
The renowned Crystal Experience has been rated "World's Best" more than any other cruise line, hotel, or resort in history.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
CONTACT: Mimi Weisband or Susan Wichmann 310-203-4305, [email protected]
VISIT: Crystal's Media Center and engage with us at www.facebook.com/crystalcruises, www.twitter.com/crystalcruises, and www.youtube.com/crystalcruises
SOURCE Crystal Cruises
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,008
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 304
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,903
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,686
Sep. 29, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,131
Sep. 29, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,743
Sep. 29, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,754
Sep. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 426
Sep. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,138
Sep. 29, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,585
Sep. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,148
Sep. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,513
Sep. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,164
The Jevons Paradox suggests that when technological advances increase efficiency of a resource, it results in an overall increase in consumption. Writing on the increased use of coal as a result of technological improvements, 19th-century economist William Stanley Jevons found that these improvements led to the development of new ways to utilize coal. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Thiele, Chief Strategy Officer for Apcera, will compare the Jevons Paradox to modern-day enterprise IT, e...
Sep. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,405
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Sep. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 300