|By Marketwired .||
|February 26, 2014 03:09 PM EST||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/26/14 -- Ahhhh... March is just around the corner, finally! From Mardi Gras to St. Patrick's Day, March Madness to the National Cherry Blossom Festival, March is a month with plenty to celebrate. And for many Americans, March also marks the winding down of a very long winter and beginning of that much-anticipated spring feeling. The anticipation of spring inspired the travel experts at Cheapflights.com, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, to examine where Americans are headed as they kick off the spring travel season. The Cheapflights travel gurus used search data from the site to compile Cheapflights.com's Top 10 March Travel Hot Spots featuring destinations that saw the biggest spikes in demand for March versus the rest of the year.
Below are the five places from our list that saw the biggest jumps in relative popularity for travelers seeking to get away in March as well as some insights as to why people might want to head there now:
1. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic - This is all-inclusive resort central, a relatively easy and affordable place to escape to when the winter gets you down -- especially from the East Coast. And this winter is sending a lot of East Coasters packing as they look to trade the polar vortex for the Punta Cana sun. With highs in the low 80s and the rainy (and hurricane) season months away, March in Punta Cana seems like just the right plan after a snowy and frigid January and February. Plenty of resorts and travel agents are featuring last minute deals; making Punta Cana an enticing spot for people to start their spring early. Just be aware that college students have figured this out as well, ensuring that a good number of vacationers heading there in March are escaping school as well as winter weather.
2. San Diego, Calif. - On March 1, the Flower Fields of Carlsbad are opening this year. Yes, flowers bloom almost anywhere in the spring but not usually 50 acres at a time in a rainbow cascade down a hill with the Pacific Ocean as a backdrop. We can't say for sure this is why the always popular San Diego has spiked as a favorite for March travel, but we do know 100,000 people turn out each year to see this annual display of brightly colored ranunculus 30 minutes outside the city -- and not far from LEGOLAND. Add in that San Diego's Viejas Arena is playing host to second and third round games in the NCAA Basketball Tournament (aka March Madness) and that you can get warm weather and off-season crowds and prices (except during the tournament weekend), and it's clear that those heading there in March are on to a good thing.
3. Panama City, Fla. - While Fort Lauderdale is the birthplace of college Spring Break, Panama City is the current reigning party spot in Florida. Each year, reportedly nearly half a million students flood the 27-mile stretch of beach as well as the night clubs, concert stages and hotel and condo pools of Panama City throughout March and into early April. Not the time to hit the beach looking for some peace and quiet!
4. Seattle, Wash. - Food and wine are always a big draw. So when a state the size (and with the food and wine resume) of Washington dedicates a month to it, people seem to notice. March is "Taste Washington Wine Month," which means wineries, restaurants and tasting rooms across the state are joining forces to entice you to visit with deals, special menus, pairings and events of all kinds. The culmination is Taste Washington, a two-day event (March 29-30), at the Century Link Event Center, next to the Seahawks home field. It's a challenge to take in the food, classes, wine, beer and more that are on hand from 200 plus wineries and vendors serving at the event, yet thousands sign up to try. There may be other reasons why this March is proving to be a popular time to head to Seattle but we know the top reason we want to go.
5. Los Cabos, Mexico - While Los Cabos is a popular destination all winter and spring, it's a bit of a mecca in March. Its spring break scene is somewhat more subdued than Cancun but still quite hopping. And trading books for beers isn't the only reason to go in March. Take your pick of the Carnival celebrations leading up to Ash Wednesday (March 5), the 11-day Fiesta de San Jose del Cabo (March 8-19) or Benito Juarez Day, a national holiday on March 21. The Los Cabos area is really two towns -- the more wild Cabo San Lucas and the more mild San Jose del Cabos. Not surprisingly, the Fiesta de San Jose del Cabos celebrates the patron saint of the quieter corner of this resort area, adding the liveliness of music, dancing, rides and food to the experience.
The next five most popular March destinations for American travelers are:
6. Salt Lake City, Utah
7. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
8. Tampa, Fla.
9. San Francisco, Calif.
10. Phoenix, Ariz.
To read the complete details on Cheapflights.com's Top 10 March Travel Hot Spots, visit www.cheapflights.com/news/top-10-march-travel-hot-spots.
About Cheapflights.com, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 15 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.com) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2529887
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,432
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,337
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,336
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Mar. 30, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 6,737
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 30, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,366
SYS-CON Events announced today that StorageCraft Technology Corp, a global leader in backup and disaster, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The StorageCraft family of companies, founded in 2003, provides award-winning backup, disaster recovery, system migration and data protection solutions for servers, desktops and laptops in addition to powerful data analytics.
Mar. 30, 2017 03:17 PM EDT Reads: 132
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 30, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,029
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,410
SYS-CON Events announced today that Auditwerx will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Auditwerx specializes in SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 attestation services throughout the U.S. and Canada. As a division of Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI), one of the top 20 largest CPA firms nationally, you can expect the resources, skills, and experience of a much larger firm combined with the accessibility and attent...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 947
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,981
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Mar. 30, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 9,004
HyperConvergence came to market with the objective of being simple, flexible and to help drive down operating expenses. It reduced the footprint by bundling the compute/storage/network into one box. This brought a new set of challenges as the HyperConverged vendors are very focused on their own proprietary building blocks. If you want to scale in a certain way, let’s say you identified a need for more storage and want to add a device that is not sold by the HyperConverged vendor, forget about it...
Mar. 30, 2017 01:58 PM EDT Reads: 155
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost ...
Mar. 30, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 566
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 30, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,880
FinTech is the sum of financial and technology, and it’s one of the fastest growing tech industries. Total global investments in FinTech almost reached $50 billion last year, but there is still a great deal of confusion over what it is and what it means – especially as it applies to retirement. Building financial startups is not simple, but with the right team, technology and an innovative approach it can be an extremely interesting domain to disrupt. FinTech heralds a financial revolution that...
Mar. 30, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,203