|By PR Newswire||
|February 27, 2014 02:35 PM EST||
BURLINGTON, Mass., Feb. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that Healthcare Reform in general—and ACOs and Exchanges in particular—will continue to be highly disruptive to U.S. Healthcare in 2014. Exchanges have the potential to shift the insurance system away from the employer-sponsored status quo to an individually-purchased model. ACOs could shift the healthcare industry away from fee-from-service, as they require providers to manage health for a defined population and ensure they are healthier—even as they reduce costs. Clarity on the impact to stakeholders—from consumers, integrated delivery networks (IDNs) and physicians to pharmaceutical companies—can be hard to find in the wealth of data and perspective flooding the airwaves.
- Even though large businesses cannot put their employees into the state exchanges until 2017, millions of small-business employees could go into the exchanges between 2015 and 2017. Meanwhile, several million more individuals who had been uninsured will gain benefits.
- ACOs fundamentally shift the risk of patient health and costs to providers. They also represent a potential consolidation of power among a more select group of decision-makers—something that is likely to have a tremendous impact on prescribing habits and medication therapy management.
- There are more than 700 ACOs counted by Decision Resources Group as of January 2014—nearly double the amount counted in January 2013.
- Almost 75% of U.S. adults believe they will be personally affected by Healthcare Reform. Worries about fewer prescription drug and treatment choices are a top concern.
- To read more about the impact of Healthcare Reform, visit www.SiftThroughTheNoise.com
- Jane DuBose, Principal Director of Advisory Services for Decision Resources Group, said: "As ACA implementation rolls into 2014, U.S. healthcare will continue to experience one surprise after another. Keeping up with the changes, challenges, tweaks and setbacks has become a tall order. Pharmas, health systems, payers and others must be at the top of their game to make informed decisions."
- Laura Beerman, Director of Customer Segment Analysis for Decision Resources Group, adds: "Now more than ever, specific and actionable knowledge is vital. It is critical for pharma to understand and prioritize the impact of organized customers like ACOs and IDNs from multiple perspectives – from accounts to geography to macro trends. Prioritizing within these segments to develop targeted strategies and messaging is the essence of being a value partner in healthcare's new world order."
- Rory Stanton, Consumer Insights Analyst for Decision Resources Group, comments: "Healthcare reform's impact is arriving at a time when consumer use of the internet for health is shifting dramatically. Consumers not only leverage the internet as a health information source, but now rely on digital tools to support health-related decisions and ongoing health management. As consumers shoulder greater responsibility for costs and care in the post-ACA environment, interactive health services—like patient portals, remote care, data tracking and online research—will play a growing role in consumers' care paradigm."
- Links to further insights on ACOs, Exchanges and the broader implications of Healthcare Reform can be found here.
- Decision Resources Group rated healthcare exchanges in all fifty states plus the District of Columbia on its NEW "State Exchange Report Card." Grades will be updated regularly as new developments occur. Download the new State Exchange Report Card and explanatory Executive Briefing at www.hl-isy.com/State-Exchange-Report-Card
About "Sift Through The Noise:" Clarity On Healthcare Reform
In the great ocean of data, analysis and talking heads that surround every event of this magnitude, there is great power in simplicity—sifting through the noise takes time, and the essential things businesses need to know to make good decisions are best pulled out by experts. Decision Resources Group offers clarity. Visit SiftThroughTheNoise.com to find out more.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,246
"We analyze the video streaming experience. We are gathering the user behavior in real time from the user devices and we analyze how users experience the video streaming," explained Eric Kim, Founder and CEO at Streamlyzer, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 07:30 AM EST Reads: 765
"This is specifically designed to accommodate some of the needs for high availability and failover in a network managed system for the major Korean corporations," stated Thomas Masters, Managing Director at InfranicsUSA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 541
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Dec. 10, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 711
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 1,099
"We are a leader in the market space called network visibility solutions - it enables monitoring tools and Big Data analysis to access the data and be able to see the performance," explained Shay Morag, VP of Sales and Marketing at Niagara Networks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 552
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,391
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 577
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,527
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,320
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 10, 2016 03:15 AM EST Reads: 504
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 10, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 2,270
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 10, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 806
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 10, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 1,995
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 10, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 657