|By PR Newswire||
|February 27, 2014 02:35 PM EST||
BURLINGTON, Mass., Feb. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that Healthcare Reform in general—and ACOs and Exchanges in particular—will continue to be highly disruptive to U.S. Healthcare in 2014. Exchanges have the potential to shift the insurance system away from the employer-sponsored status quo to an individually-purchased model. ACOs could shift the healthcare industry away from fee-from-service, as they require providers to manage health for a defined population and ensure they are healthier—even as they reduce costs. Clarity on the impact to stakeholders—from consumers, integrated delivery networks (IDNs) and physicians to pharmaceutical companies—can be hard to find in the wealth of data and perspective flooding the airwaves.
- Even though large businesses cannot put their employees into the state exchanges until 2017, millions of small-business employees could go into the exchanges between 2015 and 2017. Meanwhile, several million more individuals who had been uninsured will gain benefits.
- ACOs fundamentally shift the risk of patient health and costs to providers. They also represent a potential consolidation of power among a more select group of decision-makers—something that is likely to have a tremendous impact on prescribing habits and medication therapy management.
- There are more than 700 ACOs counted by Decision Resources Group as of January 2014—nearly double the amount counted in January 2013.
- Almost 75% of U.S. adults believe they will be personally affected by Healthcare Reform. Worries about fewer prescription drug and treatment choices are a top concern.
- To read more about the impact of Healthcare Reform, visit www.SiftThroughTheNoise.com
- Jane DuBose, Principal Director of Advisory Services for Decision Resources Group, said: "As ACA implementation rolls into 2014, U.S. healthcare will continue to experience one surprise after another. Keeping up with the changes, challenges, tweaks and setbacks has become a tall order. Pharmas, health systems, payers and others must be at the top of their game to make informed decisions."
- Laura Beerman, Director of Customer Segment Analysis for Decision Resources Group, adds: "Now more than ever, specific and actionable knowledge is vital. It is critical for pharma to understand and prioritize the impact of organized customers like ACOs and IDNs from multiple perspectives – from accounts to geography to macro trends. Prioritizing within these segments to develop targeted strategies and messaging is the essence of being a value partner in healthcare's new world order."
- Rory Stanton, Consumer Insights Analyst for Decision Resources Group, comments: "Healthcare reform's impact is arriving at a time when consumer use of the internet for health is shifting dramatically. Consumers not only leverage the internet as a health information source, but now rely on digital tools to support health-related decisions and ongoing health management. As consumers shoulder greater responsibility for costs and care in the post-ACA environment, interactive health services—like patient portals, remote care, data tracking and online research—will play a growing role in consumers' care paradigm."
- Links to further insights on ACOs, Exchanges and the broader implications of Healthcare Reform can be found here.
- Decision Resources Group rated healthcare exchanges in all fifty states plus the District of Columbia on its NEW "State Exchange Report Card." Grades will be updated regularly as new developments occur. Download the new State Exchange Report Card and explanatory Executive Briefing at www.hl-isy.com/State-Exchange-Report-Card
About "Sift Through The Noise:" Clarity On Healthcare Reform
In the great ocean of data, analysis and talking heads that surround every event of this magnitude, there is great power in simplicity—sifting through the noise takes time, and the essential things businesses need to know to make good decisions are best pulled out by experts. Decision Resources Group offers clarity. Visit SiftThroughTheNoise.com to find out more.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,802
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 26, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,205
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,904
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,021
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Aug. 26, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,405
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 26, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,947
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 26, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,664
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Aug. 26, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,015
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 26, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,954
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,263
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 26, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,902
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 25, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,287
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Aug. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,876
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,718