|By PR Newswire||
|February 27, 2014 02:35 PM EST||
BURLINGTON, Mass., Feb. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that Healthcare Reform in general—and ACOs and Exchanges in particular—will continue to be highly disruptive to U.S. Healthcare in 2014. Exchanges have the potential to shift the insurance system away from the employer-sponsored status quo to an individually-purchased model. ACOs could shift the healthcare industry away from fee-from-service, as they require providers to manage health for a defined population and ensure they are healthier—even as they reduce costs. Clarity on the impact to stakeholders—from consumers, integrated delivery networks (IDNs) and physicians to pharmaceutical companies—can be hard to find in the wealth of data and perspective flooding the airwaves.
- Even though large businesses cannot put their employees into the state exchanges until 2017, millions of small-business employees could go into the exchanges between 2015 and 2017. Meanwhile, several million more individuals who had been uninsured will gain benefits.
- ACOs fundamentally shift the risk of patient health and costs to providers. They also represent a potential consolidation of power among a more select group of decision-makers—something that is likely to have a tremendous impact on prescribing habits and medication therapy management.
- There are more than 700 ACOs counted by Decision Resources Group as of January 2014—nearly double the amount counted in January 2013.
- Almost 75% of U.S. adults believe they will be personally affected by Healthcare Reform. Worries about fewer prescription drug and treatment choices are a top concern.
- To read more about the impact of Healthcare Reform, visit www.SiftThroughTheNoise.com
- Jane DuBose, Principal Director of Advisory Services for Decision Resources Group, said: "As ACA implementation rolls into 2014, U.S. healthcare will continue to experience one surprise after another. Keeping up with the changes, challenges, tweaks and setbacks has become a tall order. Pharmas, health systems, payers and others must be at the top of their game to make informed decisions."
- Laura Beerman, Director of Customer Segment Analysis for Decision Resources Group, adds: "Now more than ever, specific and actionable knowledge is vital. It is critical for pharma to understand and prioritize the impact of organized customers like ACOs and IDNs from multiple perspectives – from accounts to geography to macro trends. Prioritizing within these segments to develop targeted strategies and messaging is the essence of being a value partner in healthcare's new world order."
- Rory Stanton, Consumer Insights Analyst for Decision Resources Group, comments: "Healthcare reform's impact is arriving at a time when consumer use of the internet for health is shifting dramatically. Consumers not only leverage the internet as a health information source, but now rely on digital tools to support health-related decisions and ongoing health management. As consumers shoulder greater responsibility for costs and care in the post-ACA environment, interactive health services—like patient portals, remote care, data tracking and online research—will play a growing role in consumers' care paradigm."
- Links to further insights on ACOs, Exchanges and the broader implications of Healthcare Reform can be found here.
- Decision Resources Group rated healthcare exchanges in all fifty states plus the District of Columbia on its NEW "State Exchange Report Card." Grades will be updated regularly as new developments occur. Download the new State Exchange Report Card and explanatory Executive Briefing at www.hl-isy.com/State-Exchange-Report-Card
About "Sift Through The Noise:" Clarity On Healthcare Reform
In the great ocean of data, analysis and talking heads that surround every event of this magnitude, there is great power in simplicity—sifting through the noise takes time, and the essential things businesses need to know to make good decisions are best pulled out by experts. Decision Resources Group offers clarity. Visit SiftThroughTheNoise.com to find out more.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,842
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,685
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,045
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., and Logan Best, Infrastructure & Network Engineer at Webair, focused on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He gave an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He also outlined what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix ...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,704
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,852
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,924
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yoseph Reuveni, Director of Software Engineering at Jet.com, will discuss Jet.com's journey into containerizing Microsoft-based technologies like C# and F# into Docker. He will talk about lessons learned and challenges faced, the Mono framework tryout and how they deployed everything into Azure cloud. Yoseph Reuveni is a technology leader with unique experience developing and running high throughput (over 1M tps) distributed systems with extre...
Jul. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,029
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,752
"Software-defined storage is a big problem in this industry because so many people have different definitions as they see fit to use it," stated Peter McCallum, VP of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,375
"Operations is sort of the maturation of cloud utilization and the move to the cloud," explained Steve Anderson, Product Manager for BMC’s Cloud Lifecycle Management, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,835
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with b...
Jul. 24, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,849
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,348
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,020
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,543
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,724