|By Business Wire||
|February 28, 2014 03:03 AM EST||
Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 4th quarter 2013 (4Q13) and year-end CMTS, CCAP, and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report, which tracks cable broadband equipment and subscribers.
“The pent-up demand for new CCAP (converged cable access platform)-capable equipment is evident in the early volume deployments of CCAP gear, and we expect the upward trend in combined CMTS and CCAP channel shipments to continue as operators prepare their networks for DOCSIS 3.1 and potential remote PHY (physical layer) architectures,” notes Jeff Heynen, principal analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research.
Heynen adds: “Casa Systems had an outstanding fourth quarter shipping CCAP equipment globally, but it wasn’t enough to overtake perennial leaders Cisco and Arris. However, these vendors should now be on notice, as Casa’s made inroads and will continue to make this market more dynamic.”
CMTS, CCAP, AND EDGE QAM MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- 4Q13 marks the highest number of combined CMTS and CCAP upstream and downstream DOCSIS channel shipments on record, owing largely to a 192% sequential jump in CCAP channel shipments
- Despite an 11% revenue bump in 4Q13, the combined worldwide CMTS, CCAP, and edge QAM market was down 8% in 2013 from the previous year, dropping to $1.3 billion
- CMTS channel price erosion in the early part of 2013 was the primary reason for the revenue decline, notwithstanding record levels of CMTS and CCAP channel shipments
- Harmonic is the edge QAM revenue leader in 4Q13 and for the full year 2013
- Infonetics Research forecasts the global CMTS, CCAP, and edge QAM market to reach $1.7 billion in 2018, a 5-year compound annual growth rate of 5% from 2013 to 2108
BROADBAND ACCESS WEBINAR
Join Jeff Heynen March 11 for Extending Copper Access Networks with Vectoring and G.Fast: Why Fiber Isn't a Must, a live event detailing the roadmap for DSL, FTTdp VDSL, vectoring, and G.Fast technologies, and explaining why fiber isn't necessarily a must for operators to compete: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=748757&s=1&k=3FA95A7E80E9811BBC75D27914898B02
ABOUT THE CABLE BROADBAND REPORT
Infonetics’ quarterly CMTS, CCAP, and edge QAM report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for CMTS, CCAP, and edge QAM (linear broadcast, VoD and unicast video, switched digital video, and DOCSIS/M-CMTS) equipment and cable broadband subscribers (standard and wideband). Vendors tracked: Arris, Casa Systems, Cisco, Ericsson, Harmonic, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Latest Infonetics Broadband Access research brief: http://bit.ly/1egksoF
- Record year for GPON in China; VDSL shipments outstrip ADSL for first time ever
- Tier 3 operators ramping VDSL2 in 2014, rate Calix, Adtran, ALU top broadband vendors
- Infonetics launches broadband subscriber database of 130+ global service providers
- Emerging markets driving growth in pay-TV market
- Pay-TV operators look to ‘second screen’ apps, enhanced DVR in tug-of-war for subscribers
- Focus of home networking industry squarely on multiscreen video
- Over-the-top home automation services gaining popularity with service providers
RECENT AND UPCOMING BROADBAND MARKET FORECASTS AND SURVEYS
- Research Note: License in Hand, China Mobile Is Fixed on Broadband Market (Feb.)
- Research Note: Broadband Scale Drives Comcast's Bid for Time Warner Cable (Feb.)
- PON, FTTH & DSL Aggregation Equipment & Subscribers (Mar.)
- Broadband CPE & Subscribers: PON, FTTH, Cable, DSL & LTE (Mar.)
- Home Networking Devices (Apr.)
- Residential Gateway Strategies & Vendor Leadership: Service Provider Survey (Apr.)
- Extending Copper Access Networks with Vectoring and G.Fast (Mar. 11: Attend)
- Using Video Gateways to Improve the Multiscreen Experience (View on-demand)
- SDN and NFV: The Nitty Gritty (Mar. 18: Attend)
- Using Big Data Analytics to Amplify Security Intelligence (Mar. 20: Attend)
- The Great 802.11ac Migration: Upgrade Now, or Wait? (Mar. 27: Attend)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, [email protected], +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, [email protected], +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, [email protected], +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,702
"We provide DevOps solutions. We also partner with some key players in the DevOps space and we use the technology that we partner with to engineer custom solutions for different organizations," stated Himanshu Chhetri, CTO of Addteq, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,518
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yoseph Reuveni, Director of Software Engineering at Jet.com, will discuss Jet.com's journey into containerizing Microsoft-based technologies like C# and F# into Docker. He will talk about lessons learned and challenges faced, the Mono framework tryout and how they deployed everything into Azure cloud. Yoseph Reuveni is a technology leader with unique experience developing and running high throughput (over 1M tps) distributed systems with extre...
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,952
Actian Corporation has announced the latest version of the Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) database, generally available at the end of July. VectorH is based on the same query engine that powers Actian Vector, which recently doubled the TPC-H benchmark record for non-clustered systems at the 3000GB scale factor (see tpc.org/3323). The ability to easily ingest information from different data sources and rapidly develop queries to make better business decisions is becoming increasingly importan...
Jul. 23, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 634
Jul. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 924
Jul. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,778
Jul. 23, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 888
Jul. 23, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 662
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,801
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,963
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,292
Jul. 23, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,490
Jul. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,828
Jul. 23, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 784
Jul. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,178