|By PR Newswire||
|February 28, 2014 05:06 PM EST||
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Feb. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Oscars season is here and with it comes new red carpet styles, new beauty trends and certainly a reason to throw a great party. Seagram's Escapes partnered with Celebrity Makeup Artist and Blogger, Nicole Williams to give stylish beauty and party tips on how to "Keep it Colorful" for the big night.
"This year, Seagram's Escapes will encourage women to add more color to their lives," said Jennifer McCauley, Seagram's Escapes brand manager. "The 'Keep it Colorful' motto covers everything from personality to beauty and style to entertaining, and we plan to partner with more friends like Nicole to share their expert tips on how to keep life colorful with our fans."
Nicole worked with Seagram's Escapes to match celebrity styles with colorful cocktails. Her style and entertaining tips will make for a fun girls night during The Oscars.
"We wanted to take a fun new approach to celebrity style using the color kaleidoscope of Seagram's Escapes beverages as our inspiration," said Nicole. "Wardrobe decisions for many celebs can spark vivid and vivacious or classic, time-honored looks on the red carpet."
See the looks and the recipes that inspired Nicole:
- Everyone's favorite to win for "12 Years a Slave" actress, Lupita Nyong'o is not only brilliant in her role on screen but also on the red carpet. She is no stranger to embracing color and we look forward to seeing her dazzle with daring hues of blue like Vincent Longo Wet & Dry Diamond eyeshadow in Mermaid Blu which is great for pulling an all nighter. Try bright mauves and pink lip colors on darker skin to give a playful pout. Here's a fun lip tip: Mix two of your favorite lip shades to create a custom color that's all your own!
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Keep it Colorful and cool with a Calypsopolitan recipe made with Seagram's Escapes Calypso Colada; served in a cold martini glass, garnished with a lime. To add to your color theme; try serving fresh exotic fruits like coconut, mangos, pineapples, kiwi and dragonfruit.
- "American Hustle" nominee, Amy Adams is a throwback beauty with timeless charm. She exudes a seductive elegance that is reminiscent of Old Hollywood legends. To get her sleek and stunning look, opt for graphic eyeliners like L'Oreal Infallible Blackbuster Eyeliner marker in Black. For those with a smaller eyelid try a thin liner pen like Stila Stay All Day Waterproof liner. Pop a false eyelash on for instant celebrity glam. Amy's look is all about the "strike em dead red" lip, try Givenchy Le Rouge in Rose Dressing.
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Mysterious and majestic describes this Sparkling Sangria recipe, made with Seagram's Escapes Sangria; serve in a wine glass filled with sliced fruits along with a Rachael Ray Stoneware Orange Baguette Tray with Dipping Cup; fill with your favorite appetizers and dips.
- "August: Osage County" actress, Julia Roberts recently shed her signature strawberry colored locks and has gone bombshell blonde for the Oscars. Giving her a more youthful and come hither look, she keeps her beauty regime simply pretty and playful using Lancome skin perfecting foundation, Teint Miracle that illuminates for a natural look. Get a soft smoky eye with a palette that offers a variety of finishes from sheen and shimmers to matte shades; try Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow Quad Smooth Hold. Lips are soft and romantic with pink tones like ILia lipstick in "In My Room."
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Light and sweet recipe Me Happy Margarita using Seagram's Escapes Jamaican Me Happy is the perfect choice if you enjoy a "good girly" cocktail; serve in a margarita glass with ice and a lemon twist garnish. Entertain your guests with the Boska Holland Life Chip and Dip Tray filled with tapas, sauces, dips, olives and prosciutto slices.
- Our senses tend to gravitate to Sandra Bullock's highly anticipated Oscar win for best actress for her film "Gravity." This red carpet darling is daring in her roles as well as in her style choices. Mix up your safe beauty palette and go forth with a boastful bold hot pink or magenta like Paul & Joe Full Pigment Lipstick in Pink. Keep skin sun-kissed and even at all times with Perfectly Bronzed Pearls from Boots No7; apply with a small round head blush brush and buff on to maximize a flawless finish to the skin. Line eyes with Bobbi Brown Ink liner fuller on the upper lash line and thin on the lower to make eyes stand out. Finish the look with your favorite mascara.
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Mix up this daringly beautiful colored cocktail Blackberryita using Seagram's Escapes Blackberry Breezer; serve in a glass with ice and lime garnish. Keep the snacks simple and easy with a fruit, cheese & cracker tray.
For more tips from Nicole Williams, visit her blog: StyleMakers.TV.
Find more Seagram's Escapes cocktail recipes at: http://www.seagramsescapes.com/recipes/. Seagram's Escapes are available at Wal-Mart, select Target and grocery stores nationwide. Find the store closest to you with our Seagram's Escapes locater: http://www.seagramsescapes.com/find/.
SOURCE Seagram’s Escapes
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) have entered into a definitive agreement under which Verizon will acquire Yahoo's operating business for approximately $4.83 billion in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments. Yahoo informs, connects and entertains a global audience of more than 1 billion monthly active users** -- including 600 million monthly active mobile users*** through its search, communications and digital content products. Yahoo also co...
Jul. 26, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 459
As companies gain momentum, the need to maintain high quality products can outstrip their development team’s bandwidth for QA. Building out a large QA team (whether in-house or outsourced) can slow down development and significantly increases costs. This eBook takes QA profiles from 5 companies who successfully scaled up production without building a large QA team and includes: What to consider when choosing CI/CD tools How culture and communication can make or break implementation
Jul. 26, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,621
Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) has announced that NoviFlow Inc.has deployed IxNetwork® to validate the company’s designs and accelerate the delivery of its proven, reliable products. Based in Montréal, NoviFlow Inc. supports network carriers, hyperscale data center operators, and enterprises seeking greater network control and flexibility, network scalability, and the capacity to handle extremely large numbers of flows, while maintaining maximum network performance. To meet these requirements, NoviFlow in...
Jul. 26, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 514
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 26, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,989
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it is the most popular among the new wave of databases running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Advocate, Redis Labs, will share the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Jul. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,579
UpGuard has become a member of the Center for Internet Security (CIS), and will continue to help businesses expand visibility into their cyber risk by providing hardening benchmarks to all customers. By incorporating these benchmarks, UpGuard's CSTAR solution builds on its lead in providing the most complete assessment of both internal and external cyber risk. CIS benchmarks are a widely accepted set of hardening guidelines that have been publicly available for years. Numerous solutions exist t...
Jul. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 549
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,719
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jul. 26, 2016 10:37 AM EDT Reads: 304
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,179
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 26, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 989
The competitive landscape of the global cloud computing market in the healthcare industry is crowded due to the presence of a large number of players. The large number of participants has led to the fragmented nature of the market. Some of the major players operating in the global cloud computing market in the healthcare industry are Cisco Systems Inc., Carestream Health Inc., Carecloud Corp., AGFA Healthcare, IBM Corp., Cleardata Networks, Merge Healthcare Inc., Microsoft Corp., Intel Corp., an...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 952
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 768
StackIQ has announced the release of Stacki 3.2. Stacki is an easy-to-use Linux server provisioning tool. Stacki 3.2 delivers new capabilities that simplify the automation and integration of site-specific requirements. StackIQ is the commercial entity behind this open source bare metal provisioning tool. Since the release of Stacki in June of 2015, the Stacki core team has been focused on making the Community Edition meet the needs of members of the community, adding features and value, while ...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 337
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,094
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,013