|By PR Newswire||
|February 28, 2014 05:06 PM EST||
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Feb. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Oscars season is here and with it comes new red carpet styles, new beauty trends and certainly a reason to throw a great party. Seagram's Escapes partnered with Celebrity Makeup Artist and Blogger, Nicole Williams to give stylish beauty and party tips on how to "Keep it Colorful" for the big night.
"This year, Seagram's Escapes will encourage women to add more color to their lives," said Jennifer McCauley, Seagram's Escapes brand manager. "The 'Keep it Colorful' motto covers everything from personality to beauty and style to entertaining, and we plan to partner with more friends like Nicole to share their expert tips on how to keep life colorful with our fans."
Nicole worked with Seagram's Escapes to match celebrity styles with colorful cocktails. Her style and entertaining tips will make for a fun girls night during The Oscars.
"We wanted to take a fun new approach to celebrity style using the color kaleidoscope of Seagram's Escapes beverages as our inspiration," said Nicole. "Wardrobe decisions for many celebs can spark vivid and vivacious or classic, time-honored looks on the red carpet."
See the looks and the recipes that inspired Nicole:
- Everyone's favorite to win for "12 Years a Slave" actress, Lupita Nyong'o is not only brilliant in her role on screen but also on the red carpet. She is no stranger to embracing color and we look forward to seeing her dazzle with daring hues of blue like Vincent Longo Wet & Dry Diamond eyeshadow in Mermaid Blu which is great for pulling an all nighter. Try bright mauves and pink lip colors on darker skin to give a playful pout. Here's a fun lip tip: Mix two of your favorite lip shades to create a custom color that's all your own!
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Keep it Colorful and cool with a Calypsopolitan recipe made with Seagram's Escapes Calypso Colada; served in a cold martini glass, garnished with a lime. To add to your color theme; try serving fresh exotic fruits like coconut, mangos, pineapples, kiwi and dragonfruit.
- "American Hustle" nominee, Amy Adams is a throwback beauty with timeless charm. She exudes a seductive elegance that is reminiscent of Old Hollywood legends. To get her sleek and stunning look, opt for graphic eyeliners like L'Oreal Infallible Blackbuster Eyeliner marker in Black. For those with a smaller eyelid try a thin liner pen like Stila Stay All Day Waterproof liner. Pop a false eyelash on for instant celebrity glam. Amy's look is all about the "strike em dead red" lip, try Givenchy Le Rouge in Rose Dressing.
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Mysterious and majestic describes this Sparkling Sangria recipe, made with Seagram's Escapes Sangria; serve in a wine glass filled with sliced fruits along with a Rachael Ray Stoneware Orange Baguette Tray with Dipping Cup; fill with your favorite appetizers and dips.
- "August: Osage County" actress, Julia Roberts recently shed her signature strawberry colored locks and has gone bombshell blonde for the Oscars. Giving her a more youthful and come hither look, she keeps her beauty regime simply pretty and playful using Lancome skin perfecting foundation, Teint Miracle that illuminates for a natural look. Get a soft smoky eye with a palette that offers a variety of finishes from sheen and shimmers to matte shades; try Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow Quad Smooth Hold. Lips are soft and romantic with pink tones like ILia lipstick in "In My Room."
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Light and sweet recipe Me Happy Margarita using Seagram's Escapes Jamaican Me Happy is the perfect choice if you enjoy a "good girly" cocktail; serve in a margarita glass with ice and a lemon twist garnish. Entertain your guests with the Boska Holland Life Chip and Dip Tray filled with tapas, sauces, dips, olives and prosciutto slices.
- Our senses tend to gravitate to Sandra Bullock's highly anticipated Oscar win for best actress for her film "Gravity." This red carpet darling is daring in her roles as well as in her style choices. Mix up your safe beauty palette and go forth with a boastful bold hot pink or magenta like Paul & Joe Full Pigment Lipstick in Pink. Keep skin sun-kissed and even at all times with Perfectly Bronzed Pearls from Boots No7; apply with a small round head blush brush and buff on to maximize a flawless finish to the skin. Line eyes with Bobbi Brown Ink liner fuller on the upper lash line and thin on the lower to make eyes stand out. Finish the look with your favorite mascara.
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Mix up this daringly beautiful colored cocktail Blackberryita using Seagram's Escapes Blackberry Breezer; serve in a glass with ice and lime garnish. Keep the snacks simple and easy with a fruit, cheese & cracker tray.
For more tips from Nicole Williams, visit her blog: StyleMakers.TV.
Find more Seagram's Escapes cocktail recipes at: http://www.seagramsescapes.com/recipes/. Seagram's Escapes are available at Wal-Mart, select Target and grocery stores nationwide. Find the store closest to you with our Seagram's Escapes locater: http://www.seagramsescapes.com/find/.
SOURCE Seagram’s Escapes
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 25, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,437
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,479
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,484
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,660
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 25, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,750
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 25, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,797
Most of us already know that adopting new cloud applications can boost a business’s productivity by enabling organizations to be more agile and ready to change course in our fast-moving and connected digital world. But the rapid adoption of cloud apps and services also brings with it profound security threats, including visibility and control challenges that aren’t present in traditional on-premises environments. At the same time, the cloud – because of its interconnected, flexible and adaptable...
Sep. 25, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,605
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Sep. 25, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 981
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,503
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,682
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,381
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 25, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,352
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,715
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 879
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,215