|By PR Newswire||
|February 28, 2014 05:06 PM EST||
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Feb. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Oscars season is here and with it comes new red carpet styles, new beauty trends and certainly a reason to throw a great party. Seagram's Escapes partnered with Celebrity Makeup Artist and Blogger, Nicole Williams to give stylish beauty and party tips on how to "Keep it Colorful" for the big night.
"This year, Seagram's Escapes will encourage women to add more color to their lives," said Jennifer McCauley, Seagram's Escapes brand manager. "The 'Keep it Colorful' motto covers everything from personality to beauty and style to entertaining, and we plan to partner with more friends like Nicole to share their expert tips on how to keep life colorful with our fans."
Nicole worked with Seagram's Escapes to match celebrity styles with colorful cocktails. Her style and entertaining tips will make for a fun girls night during The Oscars.
"We wanted to take a fun new approach to celebrity style using the color kaleidoscope of Seagram's Escapes beverages as our inspiration," said Nicole. "Wardrobe decisions for many celebs can spark vivid and vivacious or classic, time-honored looks on the red carpet."
See the looks and the recipes that inspired Nicole:
- Everyone's favorite to win for "12 Years a Slave" actress, Lupita Nyong'o is not only brilliant in her role on screen but also on the red carpet. She is no stranger to embracing color and we look forward to seeing her dazzle with daring hues of blue like Vincent Longo Wet & Dry Diamond eyeshadow in Mermaid Blu which is great for pulling an all nighter. Try bright mauves and pink lip colors on darker skin to give a playful pout. Here's a fun lip tip: Mix two of your favorite lip shades to create a custom color that's all your own!
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Keep it Colorful and cool with a Calypsopolitan recipe made with Seagram's Escapes Calypso Colada; served in a cold martini glass, garnished with a lime. To add to your color theme; try serving fresh exotic fruits like coconut, mangos, pineapples, kiwi and dragonfruit.
- "American Hustle" nominee, Amy Adams is a throwback beauty with timeless charm. She exudes a seductive elegance that is reminiscent of Old Hollywood legends. To get her sleek and stunning look, opt for graphic eyeliners like L'Oreal Infallible Blackbuster Eyeliner marker in Black. For those with a smaller eyelid try a thin liner pen like Stila Stay All Day Waterproof liner. Pop a false eyelash on for instant celebrity glam. Amy's look is all about the "strike em dead red" lip, try Givenchy Le Rouge in Rose Dressing.
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Mysterious and majestic describes this Sparkling Sangria recipe, made with Seagram's Escapes Sangria; serve in a wine glass filled with sliced fruits along with a Rachael Ray Stoneware Orange Baguette Tray with Dipping Cup; fill with your favorite appetizers and dips.
- "August: Osage County" actress, Julia Roberts recently shed her signature strawberry colored locks and has gone bombshell blonde for the Oscars. Giving her a more youthful and come hither look, she keeps her beauty regime simply pretty and playful using Lancome skin perfecting foundation, Teint Miracle that illuminates for a natural look. Get a soft smoky eye with a palette that offers a variety of finishes from sheen and shimmers to matte shades; try Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow Quad Smooth Hold. Lips are soft and romantic with pink tones like ILia lipstick in "In My Room."
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Light and sweet recipe Me Happy Margarita using Seagram's Escapes Jamaican Me Happy is the perfect choice if you enjoy a "good girly" cocktail; serve in a margarita glass with ice and a lemon twist garnish. Entertain your guests with the Boska Holland Life Chip and Dip Tray filled with tapas, sauces, dips, olives and prosciutto slices.
- Our senses tend to gravitate to Sandra Bullock's highly anticipated Oscar win for best actress for her film "Gravity." This red carpet darling is daring in her roles as well as in her style choices. Mix up your safe beauty palette and go forth with a boastful bold hot pink or magenta like Paul & Joe Full Pigment Lipstick in Pink. Keep skin sun-kissed and even at all times with Perfectly Bronzed Pearls from Boots No7; apply with a small round head blush brush and buff on to maximize a flawless finish to the skin. Line eyes with Bobbi Brown Ink liner fuller on the upper lash line and thin on the lower to make eyes stand out. Finish the look with your favorite mascara.
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Mix up this daringly beautiful colored cocktail Blackberryita using Seagram's Escapes Blackberry Breezer; serve in a glass with ice and lime garnish. Keep the snacks simple and easy with a fruit, cheese & cracker tray.
For more tips from Nicole Williams, visit her blog: StyleMakers.TV.
Find more Seagram's Escapes cocktail recipes at: http://www.seagramsescapes.com/recipes/. Seagram's Escapes are available at Wal-Mart, select Target and grocery stores nationwide. Find the store closest to you with our Seagram's Escapes locater: http://www.seagramsescapes.com/find/.
SOURCE Seagram’s Escapes
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application del...
Nov. 25, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 296
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true ...
Nov. 25, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 470
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 25, 2015 03:45 PM EST
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 489
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 25, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 498
The cloud. Like a comic book superhero, there seems to be no problem it can’t fix or cost it can’t slash. Yet making the transition is not always easy and production environments are still largely on premise. Taking some practical and sensible steps to reduce risk can also help provide a basis for a successful cloud transition. A plethora of surveys from the likes of IDG and Gartner show that more than 70 percent of enterprises have deployed at least one or more cloud application or workload. Y...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 420
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 347
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, San...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 504
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 25, 2015 01:45 PM EST
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 25, 2015 01:30 PM EST Reads: 460
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 110
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 360
There are over 120 breakout sessions in all, with Keynotes, General Sessions, and Power Panels adding to three days of incredibly rich presentations and content. Join @ThingsExpo conference chair Roger Strukhoff (@IoT2040), June 7-9, 2016 in New York City, for three days of intense 'Internet of Things' discussion and focus, including Big Data's indespensable role in IoT, Smart Grids and Industrial Internet of Things, Wearables and Consumer IoT, as well as (new) IoT's use in Vertical Markets.
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 515
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 428
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 115