|By PR Newswire||
|February 28, 2014 05:06 PM EST||
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Feb. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Oscars season is here and with it comes new red carpet styles, new beauty trends and certainly a reason to throw a great party. Seagram's Escapes partnered with Celebrity Makeup Artist and Blogger, Nicole Williams to give stylish beauty and party tips on how to "Keep it Colorful" for the big night.
"This year, Seagram's Escapes will encourage women to add more color to their lives," said Jennifer McCauley, Seagram's Escapes brand manager. "The 'Keep it Colorful' motto covers everything from personality to beauty and style to entertaining, and we plan to partner with more friends like Nicole to share their expert tips on how to keep life colorful with our fans."
Nicole worked with Seagram's Escapes to match celebrity styles with colorful cocktails. Her style and entertaining tips will make for a fun girls night during The Oscars.
"We wanted to take a fun new approach to celebrity style using the color kaleidoscope of Seagram's Escapes beverages as our inspiration," said Nicole. "Wardrobe decisions for many celebs can spark vivid and vivacious or classic, time-honored looks on the red carpet."
See the looks and the recipes that inspired Nicole:
- Everyone's favorite to win for "12 Years a Slave" actress, Lupita Nyong'o is not only brilliant in her role on screen but also on the red carpet. She is no stranger to embracing color and we look forward to seeing her dazzle with daring hues of blue like Vincent Longo Wet & Dry Diamond eyeshadow in Mermaid Blu which is great for pulling an all nighter. Try bright mauves and pink lip colors on darker skin to give a playful pout. Here's a fun lip tip: Mix two of your favorite lip shades to create a custom color that's all your own!
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Keep it Colorful and cool with a Calypsopolitan recipe made with Seagram's Escapes Calypso Colada; served in a cold martini glass, garnished with a lime. To add to your color theme; try serving fresh exotic fruits like coconut, mangos, pineapples, kiwi and dragonfruit.
- "American Hustle" nominee, Amy Adams is a throwback beauty with timeless charm. She exudes a seductive elegance that is reminiscent of Old Hollywood legends. To get her sleek and stunning look, opt for graphic eyeliners like L'Oreal Infallible Blackbuster Eyeliner marker in Black. For those with a smaller eyelid try a thin liner pen like Stila Stay All Day Waterproof liner. Pop a false eyelash on for instant celebrity glam. Amy's look is all about the "strike em dead red" lip, try Givenchy Le Rouge in Rose Dressing.
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Mysterious and majestic describes this Sparkling Sangria recipe, made with Seagram's Escapes Sangria; serve in a wine glass filled with sliced fruits along with a Rachael Ray Stoneware Orange Baguette Tray with Dipping Cup; fill with your favorite appetizers and dips.
- "August: Osage County" actress, Julia Roberts recently shed her signature strawberry colored locks and has gone bombshell blonde for the Oscars. Giving her a more youthful and come hither look, she keeps her beauty regime simply pretty and playful using Lancome skin perfecting foundation, Teint Miracle that illuminates for a natural look. Get a soft smoky eye with a palette that offers a variety of finishes from sheen and shimmers to matte shades; try Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow Quad Smooth Hold. Lips are soft and romantic with pink tones like ILia lipstick in "In My Room."
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Light and sweet recipe Me Happy Margarita using Seagram's Escapes Jamaican Me Happy is the perfect choice if you enjoy a "good girly" cocktail; serve in a margarita glass with ice and a lemon twist garnish. Entertain your guests with the Boska Holland Life Chip and Dip Tray filled with tapas, sauces, dips, olives and prosciutto slices.
- Our senses tend to gravitate to Sandra Bullock's highly anticipated Oscar win for best actress for her film "Gravity." This red carpet darling is daring in her roles as well as in her style choices. Mix up your safe beauty palette and go forth with a boastful bold hot pink or magenta like Paul & Joe Full Pigment Lipstick in Pink. Keep skin sun-kissed and even at all times with Perfectly Bronzed Pearls from Boots No7; apply with a small round head blush brush and buff on to maximize a flawless finish to the skin. Line eyes with Bobbi Brown Ink liner fuller on the upper lash line and thin on the lower to make eyes stand out. Finish the look with your favorite mascara.
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Mix up this daringly beautiful colored cocktail Blackberryita using Seagram's Escapes Blackberry Breezer; serve in a glass with ice and lime garnish. Keep the snacks simple and easy with a fruit, cheese & cracker tray.
For more tips from Nicole Williams, visit her blog: StyleMakers.TV.
Find more Seagram's Escapes cocktail recipes at: http://www.seagramsescapes.com/recipes/. Seagram's Escapes are available at Wal-Mart, select Target and grocery stores nationwide. Find the store closest to you with our Seagram's Escapes locater: http://www.seagramsescapes.com/find/.
SOURCE Seagram’s Escapes
@ThingsExpo has been named the ‘Top WebRTC Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @ThingsExpo ranked as the number one ‘WebRTC Influencer' followed by @DevOpsSummit at 55th.
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 4,750
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 791
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,583
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:45 AM EST Reads: 3,687
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,889
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 4,164
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Jan. 19, 2017 05:15 AM EST Reads: 5,030
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:15 AM EST Reads: 3,448
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,357
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 19, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 401
Due of the rise of Hadoop, many enterprises are now deploying their first small clusters of 10 to 20 servers. At this small scale, the complexity of operating the cluster looks and feels like general data center servers. It is not until the clusters scale, as they inevitably do, when the pain caused by the exponential complexity becomes apparent. We've seen this problem occur time and time again. In his session at Big Data Expo, Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 7,808
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 6,101
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jan. 19, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,282
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 4,702
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,178