|By PR Newswire||
|February 28, 2014 05:06 PM EST||
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Feb. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Oscars season is here and with it comes new red carpet styles, new beauty trends and certainly a reason to throw a great party. Seagram's Escapes partnered with Celebrity Makeup Artist and Blogger, Nicole Williams to give stylish beauty and party tips on how to "Keep it Colorful" for the big night.
"This year, Seagram's Escapes will encourage women to add more color to their lives," said Jennifer McCauley, Seagram's Escapes brand manager. "The 'Keep it Colorful' motto covers everything from personality to beauty and style to entertaining, and we plan to partner with more friends like Nicole to share their expert tips on how to keep life colorful with our fans."
Nicole worked with Seagram's Escapes to match celebrity styles with colorful cocktails. Her style and entertaining tips will make for a fun girls night during The Oscars.
"We wanted to take a fun new approach to celebrity style using the color kaleidoscope of Seagram's Escapes beverages as our inspiration," said Nicole. "Wardrobe decisions for many celebs can spark vivid and vivacious or classic, time-honored looks on the red carpet."
See the looks and the recipes that inspired Nicole:
- Everyone's favorite to win for "12 Years a Slave" actress, Lupita Nyong'o is not only brilliant in her role on screen but also on the red carpet. She is no stranger to embracing color and we look forward to seeing her dazzle with daring hues of blue like Vincent Longo Wet & Dry Diamond eyeshadow in Mermaid Blu which is great for pulling an all nighter. Try bright mauves and pink lip colors on darker skin to give a playful pout. Here's a fun lip tip: Mix two of your favorite lip shades to create a custom color that's all your own!
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Keep it Colorful and cool with a Calypsopolitan recipe made with Seagram's Escapes Calypso Colada; served in a cold martini glass, garnished with a lime. To add to your color theme; try serving fresh exotic fruits like coconut, mangos, pineapples, kiwi and dragonfruit.
- "American Hustle" nominee, Amy Adams is a throwback beauty with timeless charm. She exudes a seductive elegance that is reminiscent of Old Hollywood legends. To get her sleek and stunning look, opt for graphic eyeliners like L'Oreal Infallible Blackbuster Eyeliner marker in Black. For those with a smaller eyelid try a thin liner pen like Stila Stay All Day Waterproof liner. Pop a false eyelash on for instant celebrity glam. Amy's look is all about the "strike em dead red" lip, try Givenchy Le Rouge in Rose Dressing.
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Mysterious and majestic describes this Sparkling Sangria recipe, made with Seagram's Escapes Sangria; serve in a wine glass filled with sliced fruits along with a Rachael Ray Stoneware Orange Baguette Tray with Dipping Cup; fill with your favorite appetizers and dips.
- "August: Osage County" actress, Julia Roberts recently shed her signature strawberry colored locks and has gone bombshell blonde for the Oscars. Giving her a more youthful and come hither look, she keeps her beauty regime simply pretty and playful using Lancome skin perfecting foundation, Teint Miracle that illuminates for a natural look. Get a soft smoky eye with a palette that offers a variety of finishes from sheen and shimmers to matte shades; try Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow Quad Smooth Hold. Lips are soft and romantic with pink tones like ILia lipstick in "In My Room."
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Light and sweet recipe Me Happy Margarita using Seagram's Escapes Jamaican Me Happy is the perfect choice if you enjoy a "good girly" cocktail; serve in a margarita glass with ice and a lemon twist garnish. Entertain your guests with the Boska Holland Life Chip and Dip Tray filled with tapas, sauces, dips, olives and prosciutto slices.
- Our senses tend to gravitate to Sandra Bullock's highly anticipated Oscar win for best actress for her film "Gravity." This red carpet darling is daring in her roles as well as in her style choices. Mix up your safe beauty palette and go forth with a boastful bold hot pink or magenta like Paul & Joe Full Pigment Lipstick in Pink. Keep skin sun-kissed and even at all times with Perfectly Bronzed Pearls from Boots No7; apply with a small round head blush brush and buff on to maximize a flawless finish to the skin. Line eyes with Bobbi Brown Ink liner fuller on the upper lash line and thin on the lower to make eyes stand out. Finish the look with your favorite mascara.
- Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres: Mix up this daringly beautiful colored cocktail Blackberryita using Seagram's Escapes Blackberry Breezer; serve in a glass with ice and lime garnish. Keep the snacks simple and easy with a fruit, cheese & cracker tray.
For more tips from Nicole Williams, visit her blog: StyleMakers.TV.
Find more Seagram's Escapes cocktail recipes at: http://www.seagramsescapes.com/recipes/. Seagram's Escapes are available at Wal-Mart, select Target and grocery stores nationwide. Find the store closest to you with our Seagram's Escapes locater: http://www.seagramsescapes.com/find/.
SOURCE Seagram’s Escapes
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 796
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,089
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:15 AM EST Reads: 756
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 452
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera MyS...
Dec. 6, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 5,289
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 6, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,645
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 998
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 6, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,928
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Dec. 6, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,753
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 03:45 AM EST Reads: 817
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 6, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,848
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 853
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 4,589
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,890
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,198