|By PR Newswire||
|March 3, 2014 09:07 AM EST||
MINNEAPOLIS, March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Bisquick® is flippin' for flapjacks during National Pancake Week, March 2-8. Just about everyone on the planet loves a good pancake. Over-the-top flavor combinations and toppings seem to be the trend du jour, and with so many adventurous cooks trying new flavors, who knows what stack will sweep the nation next during Bisquick's National Pancake Week…Chocolate Sriracha Bacon Pancakes anyone?
The Unofficial, Unhistorical History of Pancakes
The pancake's cake-y goodness has been making people happy since the dawn of man. Here are a few notable moments in the pancake's journey to greatness.
- 600 BC—The first recorded mention of pancakes dates back to ancient Greece and comes from a poet who described warm pancakes in one of his writings.
- 1100 AD—Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) becomes a traditional celebration as a way to use up dairy products before Lent – the pancake breakfast is born.
- 1445—The year that villagers in Olney, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom, started their famous pancake race. Each year the winner receives a smooch from the church bell ringer.
- 1870s—The flapjack becomes known as the pancake and America is changed forever.
- 1880s—Maple syrup becomes the preferred topping of choice.
- 1931—Bisquick is first introduced and cooks across America start using it to make fluffy pancakes.
- 1985—To recognize the history and continuing popularity of pancakes, Bisquick created a week-long celebration—National Pancake Week. This week-long celebration is always during the week of Shrove Tuesday and Lent.
To find out more about pancake history, visit www.bettycrocker.com/NationalPancakeWeek.
What's Your Pancake Fix?
Did you know that what you do to get your day started says a lot about you? Bisquick has got the pancake to fit your style and help turn your family's day into a happy one. Take the Bisquick pancake personality quiz to find out which stack is your shortcut to happy.
Seven Happy Twists on the Classic Pancake
Need to feed a group? Serve them pancakes! Think about it; Bisquick batter comes together in a flash and goes with nearly any filling or topping, making pancake personalization easy for everyone. Families can have fun at home trying different ideas during National Pancake Week. From lemon-poppy seed to chocolate-stuffed, you're sure to smile after taking a bite from your personalized pancake stack.
- Sunday: What a better way to start the morning than with Strawberries and Cream Pancakes? Surprise the family with these tender pancakes layered with sweet berries and smooth cream.
- Monday: From Betty's Soul Food Collection, Praline Peach Pancakes combine peach yogurt, brown sugar and pecans creating the wow in yummy pancakes with matching syrup—the kids will love these for a flavorful dinner option.
- Tuesday: Try a delicious new flavor twist to Bisquick pancakes using poppy seed, rich sour cream, lemon juice and lemon peel in Lemon-Poppy Seed Pancakes. These are a fun lunch idea for the family instead of the same old sandwich.
- Wednesday: Blogger Jessica Walker from Lil Miss Bossy shares a sweet and festive pancake recipe for your St. Patrick's Day breakfast with her Top o' the Mornin Lucky Charms® Pancakes. This fun recipe is sure the surprise the kids anytime of the day.
- Thursday: Blogger Sarah W. Caron from Sarah's Cucina Bella shares Easy Blueberry-White Chocolate Pancakes—a family favorite pancake recipe made easy and all can get involved in the fun of making them.
- Friday: Blogger Tieghan Gerard of Half Baked Harvest has created a fun dinner option to end the week—Blackberry Buttermilk Pancakes. To add to the fun, these pancakes can be topped with a quick and easy blackberry syrup.
- Saturday: Blogger Arlene Cummings of Cooking with Sugar shares a favorite recipe—Chocolate-Stuffed Pancakes. These pancakes are a Saturday morning treat in her house. The hot chocolate melting out of the center makes them irresistible and a fun surprise for the entire family.
Click here to see all of these recipes and more from Bisquick.
About General Mills
General Mills is one of the world's leading food companies, operating in more than 100 countries around the world. Its brands include Cheerios, Fiber One, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Wanchai Ferry, Yoki, and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., USA, General Mills had fiscal 2013 worldwide sales of US $17.8 billion. Visit www.generalmills.com.
SOURCE Betty Crocker
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 24, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,767
Akana has announced the availability of version 8 of its API Management solution. The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. Version 8 introduces a lot of new functionality, all aimed at offering customers the richest API Management capabilities in a way that is easier than ever for API and app developers to use.
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,373
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Aug. 24, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,245
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 24, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,830
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 24, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,568
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 24, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,036
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 24, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,829
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,780
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 23, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,203
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 23, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,480
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 23, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,641
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,968
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Aug. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,739
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,395
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,623