|By PR Newswire||
|March 3, 2014 09:07 AM EST||
MINNEAPOLIS, March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Bisquick® is flippin' for flapjacks during National Pancake Week, March 2-8. Just about everyone on the planet loves a good pancake. Over-the-top flavor combinations and toppings seem to be the trend du jour, and with so many adventurous cooks trying new flavors, who knows what stack will sweep the nation next during Bisquick's National Pancake Week…Chocolate Sriracha Bacon Pancakes anyone?
The Unofficial, Unhistorical History of Pancakes
The pancake's cake-y goodness has been making people happy since the dawn of man. Here are a few notable moments in the pancake's journey to greatness.
- 600 BC—The first recorded mention of pancakes dates back to ancient Greece and comes from a poet who described warm pancakes in one of his writings.
- 1100 AD—Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) becomes a traditional celebration as a way to use up dairy products before Lent – the pancake breakfast is born.
- 1445—The year that villagers in Olney, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom, started their famous pancake race. Each year the winner receives a smooch from the church bell ringer.
- 1870s—The flapjack becomes known as the pancake and America is changed forever.
- 1880s—Maple syrup becomes the preferred topping of choice.
- 1931—Bisquick is first introduced and cooks across America start using it to make fluffy pancakes.
- 1985—To recognize the history and continuing popularity of pancakes, Bisquick created a week-long celebration—National Pancake Week. This week-long celebration is always during the week of Shrove Tuesday and Lent.
To find out more about pancake history, visit www.bettycrocker.com/NationalPancakeWeek.
What's Your Pancake Fix?
Did you know that what you do to get your day started says a lot about you? Bisquick has got the pancake to fit your style and help turn your family's day into a happy one. Take the Bisquick pancake personality quiz to find out which stack is your shortcut to happy.
Seven Happy Twists on the Classic Pancake
Need to feed a group? Serve them pancakes! Think about it; Bisquick batter comes together in a flash and goes with nearly any filling or topping, making pancake personalization easy for everyone. Families can have fun at home trying different ideas during National Pancake Week. From lemon-poppy seed to chocolate-stuffed, you're sure to smile after taking a bite from your personalized pancake stack.
- Sunday: What a better way to start the morning than with Strawberries and Cream Pancakes? Surprise the family with these tender pancakes layered with sweet berries and smooth cream.
- Monday: From Betty's Soul Food Collection, Praline Peach Pancakes combine peach yogurt, brown sugar and pecans creating the wow in yummy pancakes with matching syrup—the kids will love these for a flavorful dinner option.
- Tuesday: Try a delicious new flavor twist to Bisquick pancakes using poppy seed, rich sour cream, lemon juice and lemon peel in Lemon-Poppy Seed Pancakes. These are a fun lunch idea for the family instead of the same old sandwich.
- Wednesday: Blogger Jessica Walker from Lil Miss Bossy shares a sweet and festive pancake recipe for your St. Patrick's Day breakfast with her Top o' the Mornin Lucky Charms® Pancakes. This fun recipe is sure the surprise the kids anytime of the day.
- Thursday: Blogger Sarah W. Caron from Sarah's Cucina Bella shares Easy Blueberry-White Chocolate Pancakes—a family favorite pancake recipe made easy and all can get involved in the fun of making them.
- Friday: Blogger Tieghan Gerard of Half Baked Harvest has created a fun dinner option to end the week—Blackberry Buttermilk Pancakes. To add to the fun, these pancakes can be topped with a quick and easy blackberry syrup.
- Saturday: Blogger Arlene Cummings of Cooking with Sugar shares a favorite recipe—Chocolate-Stuffed Pancakes. These pancakes are a Saturday morning treat in her house. The hot chocolate melting out of the center makes them irresistible and a fun surprise for the entire family.
Click here to see all of these recipes and more from Bisquick.
About General Mills
General Mills is one of the world's leading food companies, operating in more than 100 countries around the world. Its brands include Cheerios, Fiber One, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Wanchai Ferry, Yoki, and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., USA, General Mills had fiscal 2013 worldwide sales of US $17.8 billion. Visit www.generalmills.com.
SOURCE Betty Crocker
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 21, 2017 05:15 AM EST
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 21, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,394
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 852
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Feb. 21, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 3,562
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 7,550
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,589
910Telecom exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and exchanges.
Feb. 21, 2017 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,317
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, discussed how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a practic...
Feb. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 4,563
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and micro services. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your contain...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 3,256
The modern software development landscape consists of best practices and tools that allow teams to deliver software in a near-continuous manner. By adopting a culture of automation, measurement and sharing, the time to ship code has been greatly reduced, allowing for shorter release cycles and quicker feedback from customers and users. Still, with all of these tools and methods, how can teams stay on top of what is taking place across their infrastructure and codebase? Hopping between services a...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 6,265
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 711
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,037
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 6,196
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 3,331
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 5,907