|By PR Newswire||
|March 3, 2014 09:17 AM EST||
BOGOTA, Colombia, March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In accordance with Resolution 116 of 2002, the Board of Directors of Ecopetrol S.A. (NYSE: EC; BVC: ECOPETROL; TSX: ECP) ("Ecopetrol" or the "Company") approved the following measures to guarantee the adequate representation of the Shareholders at the General Shareholders' Meeting to be held on March 26, 2014 (the "Meeting"):
- Ordered the Company's management to inform shareholders of their right to be represented at the General Shareholders' Meeting through a proxy and the legal requirements that those proxies must satisfy.
- Instructed the Company's employees to participate in reviewing shareholder proxies and to not accept proxies that do not comply with the requirements established by Colombian law.
- Instructed the Company's management to inform the Company's managers and employees that they may not recommend to shareholders that they vote on certain way about any specific item.
- Instructed the Company's management to inform the Company's managers and employees not to suggest, coordinate, or agree with shareholders on the submission of shareholder proposals during the General Shareholders' Meeting.
- Instructed the Company's management to inform the Company's managers and employees not to suggest, coordinate or agree with shareholders voting in favor or against any given shareholder proposal presented at the General Shareholders' Meeting.
- Instructed the Company's management to inform Shareholders that they cannot grant proxies to persons who are directly, or indirectly, part of the company's management.
- Instructed the Company's managers to adopt all measures necessary to ensure that the Company's employees act neutrally when interacting with shareholders.
- Appointed the Secretary General of Ecopetrol as the person responsible for verifying adequate compliance with these measures.
- Appointed the Legal Vice-Presidency as the internal division responsible for reviewing shareholders' proxies.
The measures listed above (adopted by the Board of Directors of Ecopetrol in order to ensure compliance with Resolution 116 of 2002) will be made public to the general market by the Chairman of the Board of Directors (acting through the Superintendent for Issuers) prior to the General Shareholders' Meeting.
Ecopetrol is Colombia's largest integrated oil & gas company, where it accounts for 60% of total production. It is one of the top 50 oil companies in the world and the fourth largest oil company in Latin America. The Company is also involved in exploration and production activities in Brazil, Peru and the United States Gulf Coast, and owns the main refineries in Colombia, most of the network of oil and multiple purpose pipelines in the country, petrochemical plants, and is entering into the biofuels business.
This release contains forward-looking statements relating to the prospects of the business, estimates for operating and financial results, and those related to growth prospects of Ecopetrol. These are merely projections and, as such, are based exclusively on the expectations of management concerning the future of the business and its continued access to capital to fund the Company's business plan. Such forward-looking statements depend, substantially, on changes in market conditions, government regulations, competitive pressures, the performance of the Colombian economy and the industry, among other factors; therefore, they are subject to change without prior notice.
Contact us for any additional information:
Email: [email protected]
Media Relations (Colombia)
Phone: + 571-2345377
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Ecopetrol S.A.
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,069
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,395
Dec. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,403
"MathFreeOn.com is a line coding platform for engineers and scientists. When they want to solve an engineering problem and they have to use software - they have to pay a lot of money for licenses - but with MathFreeOn you don't have to pay a lot of money. Just go to our site and write the code and you can check the result right away," explained Simon Lee, CMO of MathFreeOn, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Cla...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 473
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 768
Dec. 10, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,019
Dec. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 693
Dec. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 490
Dec. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,006
Dec. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 667
Dec. 10, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 1,050
Dec. 10, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 909
Dec. 10, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 637
Dec. 10, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,086
Dec. 10, 2016 09:45 AM EST Reads: 642