|By PR Newswire||
|March 3, 2014 10:30 AM EST||
LEXINGTON, Ky., March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Lexmark's fourth quarter financial results were highlighted by double-digit revenue growth in the company's high value areas of Managed Print Services (MPS) and Perceptive Software, which comprised more than 25 percent of the company's total revenue in the quarter. Highlights also included a record gross profit margin percentage for the fifth consecutive year, solid cash generation and the ongoing execution of the company's capital allocation framework.
- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2013. To access the earnings news release, click here, and for the earnings presentation, click here.
- Lexmark's Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.30 per share of Lexmark Class A Common Stock. The dividend is payable on March 14, 2014, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on March 3, 2014.
- After the close of the markets on Jan. 28, 2014, Lexmark entered into an accelerated share repurchase agreement (ASR Agreement) with The Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank). Pursuant to the terms of the ASR Agreement, the Company will purchase $21 million of the outstanding shares of its Class A Common Stock from Scotiabank.
Customer News and Company Recognition
- Lexmark has been recognized as a Leader in smart multifunction products (MFPs) by the IDC MarketScape 2013 Smart MFP report, which analyzes the strategies and current capabilities of companies providing smart MFPs.
- Lexmark's Perceptive Software announced that its Acuo vendor neutral archive (VNA) platform was ranked by global market research and consulting company MarketsandMarkets as the world market share leader among all independent and PACS-affiliated VNA solution providers.
- Lexmark's Perceptive Software announced that Catalyst, a provider of secure cloud-based software addressing the e-discovery, compliance and regulatory needs of Global 2000 corporations and their legal counsel, has licensed Perceptive Document Filters as a key component of its Catalyst Insight platform.
- Doosan Infracore International selected Perceptive Software for AP Automation for a $1.6 million total contract value.
- The U.S. General Services Administration has awarded a blanket purchase agreement to Lexmark as part of phase two of its MPS program, which is a major component of its Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative for Print Management.
Products, Software, Solutions and Services News
- Perceptive Software launched Perceptive Media Connector, which allows Perceptive Content customers to easily and securely capture, store and manage large and diverse rich media files.
- Lexmark was inducted into The Mopria Alliance, Inc., a global nonprofit membership organization comprised of leading global technology companies with the shared goal of providing intuitively simple wireless printing from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation has again recognized Lexmark's commitment to equality in the workplace. The Foundation's 2014 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) ranks Lexmark among the top companies with a perfect score of 100. Lexmark has been recognized on the index every year since 2005.
- Lexmark presented one teacher with INSPIRE: Lexmark's Teaching Award. Bethany Neel, a math interventionist/resource teacher at Cane Ridge Elementary School in Paris, Ky., was recognized as an outstanding educator in the area of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
- Perceptive Software and the University of Kansas School of Engineering presented two educators with Educating Excellence awards. Kirsten Rhoads, a chemistry, physics and engineering instructor at Basehor-Linwood High School in Basehor, Kan., and Lewis McKenzie, a mathematics and engineering instructor at Ruskin High School in Kansas City, Mo., were honored as outstanding STEM educators.
- John Gagel, corporate manager of sustainability at Lexmark, has been named to the Manufacturing Leadership Council's Board of Governors.
Additional content is available on Lexmark's News Blog.
Lexmark is uniquely focused on connecting unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people that need it most. For more information, please visit www.lexmark.com.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All prices, features, specifications and capabilities are subject to change without notice.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 23, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,442
"Avere Systems is a hybrid cloud solution provider. We have customers that want to use cloud storage and we have customers that want to take advantage of cloud compute," explained Rebecca Thompson, VP of Marketing at Avere Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Oct. 23, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,995
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,007
Apache Hadoop is a key technology for gaining business insights from your Big Data, but the penetration into enterprises is shockingly low. In fact, Apache Hadoop and Big Data proponents recognize that this technology has not yet achieved its game-changing business potential. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, John Mertic, director of program management for ODPi at The Linux Foundation, will explain why this is, how we can work together as an open data community to increase adoption, and the i...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,871
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 781
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,471
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 23, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,811
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,118
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,061
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,454
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,336
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 23, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,419
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to impr...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,675
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,325
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 23, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,103