|By PR Newswire||
|March 3, 2014 10:30 AM EST||
LEXINGTON, Ky., March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Lexmark's fourth quarter financial results were highlighted by double-digit revenue growth in the company's high value areas of Managed Print Services (MPS) and Perceptive Software, which comprised more than 25 percent of the company's total revenue in the quarter. Highlights also included a record gross profit margin percentage for the fifth consecutive year, solid cash generation and the ongoing execution of the company's capital allocation framework.
- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2013. To access the earnings news release, click here, and for the earnings presentation, click here.
- Lexmark's Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.30 per share of Lexmark Class A Common Stock. The dividend is payable on March 14, 2014, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on March 3, 2014.
- After the close of the markets on Jan. 28, 2014, Lexmark entered into an accelerated share repurchase agreement (ASR Agreement) with The Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank). Pursuant to the terms of the ASR Agreement, the Company will purchase $21 million of the outstanding shares of its Class A Common Stock from Scotiabank.
Customer News and Company Recognition
- Lexmark has been recognized as a Leader in smart multifunction products (MFPs) by the IDC MarketScape 2013 Smart MFP report, which analyzes the strategies and current capabilities of companies providing smart MFPs.
- Lexmark's Perceptive Software announced that its Acuo vendor neutral archive (VNA) platform was ranked by global market research and consulting company MarketsandMarkets as the world market share leader among all independent and PACS-affiliated VNA solution providers.
- Lexmark's Perceptive Software announced that Catalyst, a provider of secure cloud-based software addressing the e-discovery, compliance and regulatory needs of Global 2000 corporations and their legal counsel, has licensed Perceptive Document Filters as a key component of its Catalyst Insight platform.
- Doosan Infracore International selected Perceptive Software for AP Automation for a $1.6 million total contract value.
- The U.S. General Services Administration has awarded a blanket purchase agreement to Lexmark as part of phase two of its MPS program, which is a major component of its Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative for Print Management.
Products, Software, Solutions and Services News
- Perceptive Software launched Perceptive Media Connector, which allows Perceptive Content customers to easily and securely capture, store and manage large and diverse rich media files.
- Lexmark was inducted into The Mopria Alliance, Inc., a global nonprofit membership organization comprised of leading global technology companies with the shared goal of providing intuitively simple wireless printing from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation has again recognized Lexmark's commitment to equality in the workplace. The Foundation's 2014 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) ranks Lexmark among the top companies with a perfect score of 100. Lexmark has been recognized on the index every year since 2005.
- Lexmark presented one teacher with INSPIRE: Lexmark's Teaching Award. Bethany Neel, a math interventionist/resource teacher at Cane Ridge Elementary School in Paris, Ky., was recognized as an outstanding educator in the area of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
- Perceptive Software and the University of Kansas School of Engineering presented two educators with Educating Excellence awards. Kirsten Rhoads, a chemistry, physics and engineering instructor at Basehor-Linwood High School in Basehor, Kan., and Lewis McKenzie, a mathematics and engineering instructor at Ruskin High School in Kansas City, Mo., were honored as outstanding STEM educators.
- John Gagel, corporate manager of sustainability at Lexmark, has been named to the Manufacturing Leadership Council's Board of Governors.
Additional content is available on Lexmark's News Blog.
Lexmark is uniquely focused on connecting unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people that need it most. For more information, please visit www.lexmark.com.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All prices, features, specifications and capabilities are subject to change without notice.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Jan. 21, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 2,438
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 21, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 1,293
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 21, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 929
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 21, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,946
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 21, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,654
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 21, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,071
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 21, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 3,551
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Jan. 21, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,013
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jan. 21, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 4,043
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT depl...
Jan. 21, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 1,988
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 6,121
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, discussed how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He also discussed how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors an...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,042
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 5,368
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,825
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 6,568